Losing Hope for New Album... Really

1235»

Comments

• davidosdavidos Posts: 467
    Trying to get it back on track about a new album... just bummed that it's not a priority right now... speaking for myself as a fan who has supported this group over many years and who has invested much $$$ in boots, shows, merch, CDs, etc. just lamenting the state of things now in PJ land...

They give a lot to the fans but they also keep a lot close to the vest... that part is clear and I am not a big fan of that... It's their prerogative but I think we all prefer the band making new music... All during the PJ20 interviews all they talked about was moving forward together, making music, etc.... doesn't feel like it
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,140
    Listen to other bands - get passionate about other music. If your musical love begins and ends with Pearl Jam - you are going to be this frustrated. Also - as a musician and artist myself, people getting all pissed off and directive about when they should have art delivered to them - well, that is a bit out of touch. ;)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:
    3 random thoughts:

1. I forgot this thread was about the album title and not about setlists :lol:

2. I can't hate on a band that has given me 11 different opening songs in 11 different shows (and you would think YL closed almost all of those shows- but it only closed 5 of the 11)

3. Honestly, what other bands besides "jam" bands and Bruce differentiate their show as much as PJ? I would love to know (whether it be classic rock, alternative, indie, etc)

Peal Jam still plays live shows????
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    Listen to other bands - get passionate about other music. If your musical love begins and ends with Pearl Jam - you are going to be this frustrated. Also - as a musician and artist myself, people getting all pissed off and directive about when they should have art delivered to them - well, that is a bit out of touch. ;)

:thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507
    davidos wrote:
    Trying to get it back on track about a new album... just bummed that it's not a priority right now... speaking for myself as a fan who has supported this group over many years and who has invested much $$$ in boots, shows, merch, CDs, etc. just lamenting the state of things now in PJ land...

They give a lot to the fans but they also keep a lot close to the vest... that part is clear and I am not a big fan of that... It's their prerogative but I think we all prefer the band making new music... All during the PJ20 interviews all they talked about was moving forward together, making music, etc.... doesn't feel like it
    It's only been a year since they said that, and they've done tons of things since then, and they said they wanted to go another 20 years, which means they are going to want to pace themselves. Patience is a virtue.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mfc2006 wrote:

:thumbup:
    Double :thumbup:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • don't paint yourself into a corner
    keep your options way open
    don't have just 1 fave band
    have as many as you can handle. push the limit.
    make it a point to take on a new/old, current touring band, once a year, and learn their entire catalog and go see them play as much as you can

when pearl jam aren't happening there's plenty that is

what would ed do?
    love as many bands as possible :mrgreen:
  • Listen to other bands - get passionate about other music. If your musical love begins and ends with Pearl Jam - you are going to be this frustrated. Also - as a musician and artist myself, people getting all pissed off and directive about when they should have art delivered to them - well, that is a bit out of touch. ;)

Pretty much this right here.

So much new music out there to get into right now... it's like a buffet for your ears.

I don't love the lull's between albums but I appreciate the fact that they take time for themselves to do other projects... not only because I get into a lot of the side work, but because it keeps them sane and from getting bored with each other... also... new album is half done... so *shrug*... it'll get here when it gets here.
  • So why not visit some of the older stuff if you need a fix....92-94 were stellar!! There are over 800 boots out there, and you cant tell me that all of them are stale can you? Even at that, I listen to the any of the boots whether recent or not, and I always find something I missed the 10th time through...... :D:lol:
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited September 2012
    I don't mind however long it takes for the new album to released.....I just hope it is a great album....But, I just don't think that it will be a rockin album...Specially, if Ole is going to be one tracks.....Ole at best is a b-side {IMO}.......But, if this album takes 4 years since Backspacer?...I hope its longer than 35 minutes and totally different than backspacer..

jEREMY
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    RD171825 wrote:
    How about using the time to discover new music... non pj related music. There is so much music out there and so many bands. The new PJ record will come, just give it time.

Yes, and it hope it'll be worth the wait. Get into some other bands in the meantime, I have and dont regret discovering other great bands. I never thought I'd find bands I could like as much as PJ but I have and it's made the wait for the next album easier to cope with. Now I'm not in a hurry for it at all, but will still look forward to hearing it whenever it's released.
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    don't paint yourself into a corner
    make it a point to take on a new/old, current touring band, once a year, and learn their entire catalog and go see them play as much as you can

what would ed do?

I have a hard enough time affording my PJ stuff. :lol:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
    dwhite76 wrote:
    don't paint yourself into a corner

what would ed do?

I have a hard enough time affording my PJ stuff. :lol:
    Well, you don't have to OBSESS about another band. :lol::lol: Just enjoy their music, like, get their album in some format and listen to it and enjoy. You needn't buy their merch and collect limited edition vinyl. :lol: