Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    whoa...cubs are out of town during the air and water show weekend. :shock:

that's a shame.....we were in some 3rd base side seats a few years back for a game with the jets practicing. that is a must see sort of game.

I know. I'm so bummed. Being at Wrigley during the air and water show is one of my favorite times to be there.

It would have been good this year especially since no one wants to watch that nonsense on the field. Weird that both Sox and Cubs are out of town this weekend...doesn't happen too often.

that is an oddity. like last weekends both being home. usssally happens about once a year. one of these years i want to do a cross town day night double header.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    81 wrote:
    that is an oddity. like last weekends both being home. usssally happens about once a year. one of these years i want to do a cross town day night double header.

Did that a few years ago. It was a Thursday....Cubs day game and Sox night game. Needless to say, we didn't remember much from the Sox game.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    81 wrote:
    whoa...cubs are out of town during the air and water show weekend. :shock:

that's a shame.....we were in some 3rd base side seats a few years back for a game with the jets practicing. that is a must see sort of game.

I know. I'm so bummed. Being at Wrigley during the air and water show is one of my favorite times to be there.

+1

They usually fly over the stadium a few time. Very cool to see from the upper deck.
    81 wrote:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    I think the organization is losing patience with his mental lapses in the field and on the bases. Plus, by 2015, Castro will no longer be cheap. If the Cubs are going to rebuild the entire lineup over a few years, they need some young, cheap talent.

or not

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 1399.story

:fp:

Why are they in such a rush to lock up Castro for 5-6 years?

Mental lapses + Poor fielding + bad baserunning mistakes + rapidly declining batting avg = a player the team needs to lock-up now?

This makes no sense to me.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    interesting to see Boston dumping all of a certains former GM's players.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    When Theo got the job in Boston...
    They won 90+ games the year before...
    Had 2 20 game winners in Schilling and Lowe...
    Had a batting champion in Manny Ramirez...
    And had Nomar...
    Right?
    Not to difficult for Theo to be able to sign a couple free agents here and there , and win a couple championships.

Lets just see how this all works out here...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    The Cubbies are nothing if not consistent. :roll: :fp: This season has really tested my fandom. :evil:
    I lost a bet...
    The Cubbies are nothing if not consistent. :roll: :fp: This season has really tested my fandom. :evil:

current pace is 99 losses.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

current pace is 99 losses.

Really hope they can hang on and avoid 100 losses.
    i hope the pace picks up and they lose 105 :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    When Theo got the job in Boston...
    They won 90+ games the year before...
    Had 2 20 game winners in Schilling and Lowe...
    Had a batting champion in Manny Ramirez...
    And had Nomar...
    Right?
    Not to difficult for Theo to be able to sign a couple free agents here and there , and win a couple championships.

Lets just see how this all works out here...

Theo has a lot of work to do. He is going to need to almost completely rebuilt the team.

Cleaning house has been expensive. I read that the Cubs are spending nearly $50 million for players, coaches and scouts that are no longer with the organization. Plus, they still have to pay Soriano.
    flipped it on after the sox game. looked like batting practice with the back to back to back jacks.

Braun's might still be going. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ-Cubs wrote:

Theo has a lot of work to do. He is going to need to almost completely rebuilt the team.

Cleaning house has been expensive. I read that the Cubs are spending nearly $50 million for players, coaches and scouts that are no longer with the organization. Plus, they still have to pay Soriano.
    This could be a 10 year plan...
    But whats another 10 years?

And good luck to Theo trying to get any decent Free Agents to come to Chicago.

really? you don't think they can draw FA with a big fat check that Theo likes to hand out
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

really? you don't think they can draw FA with a big fat check that Theo likes to hand out
    Hopefully Mr. Theo has learned from his MISTAKES in Boston...

How much did they sign Crawford for???

Boston has to be thrilled the were able to dump $200+ million off their payroll.....
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

This could be a 10 year plan...
    But whats another 10 years?

I would have said that it will take less than 10 years to rebuild the team until I saw Joe Mather on the mound last night. Now I think 10 years might not be enough time to fix this mess.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    best team on the planet without championship.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    best team on the planet without championship.. 8-)

technically, they have won two championships....it's just been over 100 years since the last
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    Well, Starlin will be around for awhile....7 year/$60 million...hopefully, he will learn how to pay attention while he is on the field.
    I lost a bet...
    Well, Starlin will be around for awhile....7 year/$60 million...hopefully, he will learn how to pay attention while he is on the field.

Not sure if I am thrilled with this deal. Is Castro really a guy that you want to build around?
    At the least some of other the contract terms are favorable for the Cubs (low buyout and team option, no no-trade clause for Castro)
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Not sure if I am thrilled with this deal. Is Castro really a guy that you want to build around?
    At the least some of other the contract terms are favorable for the Cubs (low buyout and team option, no no-trade clause for Castro)

Hopefully if some of these guys we have in the minors pan out, then you could easily trade him because of the affordable contract, unlike some useless piece of garbage we have in LF.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    unlike some useless piece of garbage we have in LF.

leads teh team in HR's and RBI's and has zero E's this season in the outfield.....and he's a useless piece of garbage. :lol: without him, cubs might only have 5 wins.

btw...pace is now at 100
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Three E's and a wild pitch. In one inning
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Not sure Darwin Barney deserves the errorless streak record that he got tonight. Official scorer was generous with reversing that error call.
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Not sure Darwin Barney deserves the errorless streak record that he got tonight. Official scorer was generous with reversing that error call.
    Wasn't a horrible throw. 3rd baseman could have picked it....or castro could have caught it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    unlike some useless piece of garbage we have in LF.

leads teh team in HR's and RBI's and has zero E's this season in the outfield.....and he's a useless piece of garbage. :lol: without him, cubs might only have 5 wins.

btw...pace is now at 100

If he actually hustled he would have plenty of errors. Since he jogs to balls in the OF and to first base on grounders as well, he doesn't get to balls that would create a potential for an error. You remember when Castro said Soriano was one of the guys who took him under his wing and showed him the ropes? I attribute some of the blame for his lackadaisical play to that.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Temporary Insanity....

I may get up tomorrow.....
    Go on stub hub....
    Buy a couple cheap seats...
    And go watch these ding-a-lings.....
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Go Cubs Go.
    Stomp on those SF Giants.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Lizard wrote:
    Go Cubs Go.
    Stomp on those SF Giants.

this reeks of desperation.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06