Options

Getting older

Comments

• Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Rambis35 wrote:
    Well I still have the energy to do the things I like to do, and now I actually have the money to do them. And the shoes! I can now surround myself in shoes :oops: I remember in my early 20s I could only purchase 2 new pairs per season...and they had to be...*practical* (sob) Those were sad, sad days :cry:

and what they say about women in their 30's is true...so you won't get any complaints out of me 8-):lol:

Hmm, what exactly do they say about women in their 30s? And what makes you type it in such a small font? :lol:
    That we can't get enough of...our careers :shifty: That's all you're getting out of me :lol:

I like some things about getting old(er)....yes, women in their 30's are...hmm..a lot less inhibited, and a little less crazy? :P
    I gotta say tho...in my experience...there was a much bigger selection in my 20's.
    Find a good one that decade, and keep her :lol:
    Preferably one in her 30s ;):mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,150
    you just use your mind more .....but isnt working the same as you was young...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    oh..and..the only thing rocks is experience....its fucking important..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Few grey hairs and new wrinkles, and perhaps slight thinning of hair.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Just turned 29. Can't believe this is the last year in my 20s.
    Same here. I think some of my friends are freaking out about turning 30. Doesn't bother me at all...except for looking in the mirror and seeing that I already need to be using Just For Men.

Yeah, a few of my friends are as well. It doesn't really bother me too much. Nothing but weddings and babies lately w/ all of my friends and I. At least we'll have a lot of surprise 30th bday parties.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Listen up, and listen good.... It BLOWS.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    turning 22 in october. starting my last year of college in septemeber...

I don't want to graduate.. i like college too much... :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I am having the time of my life... and I never felt this way before.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    you cant get more older than u are already\??
    i thought u was already at a museum..... :?
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    :lol:
  • Options
    Does It have plans this evening?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Yes - and hopefully gaining some wisdom in the process.

(too many don't!)
  • Options

The list is short but distinguished.
  • Options

You watching Dirty Dancing again?
  • Options

Nobody puts Theo in the corner...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    All you young whippersnappers don't know what you're talking about! "My last year in my 20s" :roll:

I must say...I LOVE getting carded.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

Nobody puts Theo in the corner...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Yes - and hopefully gaining some wisdom in the process.

(too many don't!)
    you are right... hope im not one of them.. :fp:
  • Options
    SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Well, I'm almost 40 and thanks to the new generation of American softies and wusses, I can still whip the ass of 99% of the people half my age... Bunch of goddamn punks! :lol:
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Well, I'm almost 40 and thanks to the new generation of American softies and wusses, I can still whip the ass of 99% of the people half my age... Bunch of goddamn punks! :lol:

Those Glee watchin', skinny jean wearin', One republic listenin' pansies!
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:

That's pretty specific... What are watching, wearing and listening to currently?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:

Don't forget the muffin tops... I see muffin tops everywhere. And the folks who haven't figured out how to pull up their own pants... one push and down they go.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

Don't forget the muffin tops... I see muffin tops everywhere. And the folks who haven't figured out how to pull up their own pants... one push and down they go.

Thats that "Rural" living
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I love it - when I was 29 I was DREADING turning 30, thought my life would end. But I have to say that thus far my 30's have been much better than my 20's. I have a great group of friends, I still party like a rockstar, and I've got the income to back it up :lol: People take me more seriously in my job, which I never really got in my 20's.

*Also, what comebackgirl says about women in their 30's is completely and totally true :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    *Also, what comebackgirl says about women in their 30's is completely and totally true :mrgreen:

They can afford their shoe addiction?
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

They can afford their shoe addiction?

Um.............

yeah.......................

WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I've got the income to back it up

have you thought about allocating a few of those $'s to a car :lol: :wave: that thing scares me. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    there is nothing good about getting older.....nothing....if you think there is, you are only fooling yourself.

give me bong hits and cheap beer puking nights in college.....you can have the rest.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I've got the income to back it up

have you thought about allocating a few of those $'s to a car :lol: :wave: that thing scares me. :lol:

Hell no I'm running that bad boy into the ground! Not having a car payment = awesome. I need to go somewhere far I just rent a car or use the hub's Lexus :lol:

And really, with that busted up truck you're gonna give me shit? :roll: