Options

Getting older

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Would be alright if the passage of time didn't seem to increase with age. Alas!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I've got the income to back it up

have you thought about allocating a few of those $'s to a car :lol: :wave: that thing scares me. :lol:

Hell no I'm running that bad boy into the ground! Not having a car payment = awesome. I need to go somewhere far I just rent a car or use the hub's Lexus :lol:

And really, with that busted up truck you're gonna give me shit? :roll:

nothing wrong with the mechanics....just some dented sheet metal....and the air bags once again work. :lol:

i hear you about the car payment.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    81 wrote:
    there is nothing good about getting older.....nothing....if you think there is, you are only fooling yourself.
    Bullshit.

So there :P
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    nothing wrong with the mechanics....just some dented sheet metal....and the air bags once again work. :lol:

I'm sure Cubbee will be happy to know that the airbags are working :lol::lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm sure Cubbee will be happy to know that the airbags are working :lol::lol:

in fairness, it was just the driver side that was out. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    RKCNDY wrote:
    All you young whippersnappers don't know what you're talking about! "My last year in my 20s" :roll:

:lol:
    I must say...I LOVE getting carded.

Ladies do. Dudes don't... they throw a fit quite often.

Dude, just take out the ID... it's my job... takes all of a couple seconds.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    All you young whippersnappers don't know what you're talking about! "My last year in my 20s" :roll:

really...dudes are idiots. :lol: oh wait....

doesn't bother me, but it does make me shake my head sometimes. the worst is when jewels asks for a second form of id... i'm clearly over 21 does looking at a debit card really tell you anything else. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

doesn't bother me, but it does make me shake my head sometimes. the worst is when jewels asks for a second form of id... i'm clearly over 21 does looking at a debit card really tell you anything else. :fp:

A debit card isn't a form of ID :fp:
  • Options
    SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    81 wrote:
    doesn't bother me, but it does make me shake my head sometimes. :fp:

Yeah, like could you take a closer look at the gray in my beard. I was denied a drink recently for not having I.D. until the army ranger I was eating with tells the waitress, "Oh wait, I have his I.D. here in my wallet." and he hands her his concealed weapons permit clearly with his picture on it (guy is of hispanic descent). The waitress was like, "One drink coming up." :lol: WTF?
  • Options

A debit card isn't a form of ID :fp:[/quote]

try telling that to Jewels :fp: they get the :roll: when they do that

i've also bought beer at whole foods and they asked for my id and the woman's id. :fp: they have since stopped that practice and only ask for the id of the person buyinng the booze.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:

Someone asked me for ID a few weeks ago when I was buying lotto tickets and when I didn't react (other than a raised eyebrow) they looked at me and said "Oh wait, nevermind".
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    The 20's sucked for the most part.

Well, 20-23 rocked. Then the tail end was fine.

24-27 were pretty shitty.

I didnt like the 'quarter-life crisis' at all. I was very depressed, anxious about life, felt trapped in working paycheck to paycheck, couldnt afford anything, etc... The fact that I never learned finance and had to learn a lot the hard way sucked.

28-34 have been great. Decent job, 30 years of wisdom about finance, nutrition, life in general, can afford to do most things like vacations, sporting events, concerts, etc.

It sucks a lot of our life is driven by financial freedom.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I made a girl cry at work once when we talked about age. SHe had just turned 36 and I mentioned the average life expectancy is 72 so pretty much her life is half over and it's all down hill from there. I also went into what month does she think she'll die? If you look at a calendar...one of those 365 days is yours. Are you a Tuesday person or are you going to kick it on a Friday? She got so freaked out. It was great. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I made a girl cry at work once when we talked about age. SHe had just turned 36 and I mentioned the average life expectancy is 72 so pretty much her life is half over and it's all down hill from there. I also went into what month does she think she'll die? If you look at a calendar...one of those 365 days is yours. Are you a Tuesday person or are you going to kick it on a Friday? She got so freaked out. It was great. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Dick!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Dick!!!!

Unfortunately no subject is too taboo for me. I'll talk about anything with anyone at anytime. :fp:
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    never mind
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:

Unfortunately no subject is too taboo for me. I'll talk about anything with anyone at anytime. :fp:

unless it's about legalizing marijuana:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm not going to say where I stand on the issue because it's irrelevant.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

DS1119 wrote:

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That just happened.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    better than the alternative ;)
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

DS1119 wrote:

OK. It was irrelevant there to the point I was trying to make in that thread, but if you want to know I think legalizing marijuana is inevitable and should be done. Anything else? :lol:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    I enjoyed my teens , loved my twenty's , found love in my 30's , matured in my 40's , my nuts hit the water when i turned 50 :lol::lol: Cheers for another 50 bitches :mrgreen: ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    hedonist wrote:
    and what they say about women in their 30's is true...so you won't get any complaints out of me 8-):lol:
    40's is pretty cool too 8-)

(I had to squint at that up there - damn eyes are getting older! :mrgreen: )

i didn't think i could want sex more than when i was in my 30's
    until i reached my 40's
    holy shit
    hot hot hot
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Azz
  • Options
    mysticweed wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    and what they say about women in their 30's is true...so you won't get any complaints out of me 8-):lol:

until i reached my 40's
    holy shit
    hot hot hot
    Seriously? Wow. Awesome.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,897
    FrankieG wrote:
    turning 22 in october. starting my last year of college in septemeber...

I don't want to graduate.. i like college too much... :lol:

The first year after college was rough for me. Missed my friends who lived all over the country, and I had to stop partying anyway because I went straight to law school. College was amazing, but after that first year things got much better again. I started my first "real" job in November so the second half of my 20s is off to a good start.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    mysticweed wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

until i reached my 40's
    holy shit
    hot hot hot
    :shock: Looks like I might need to quit my job in a couple of years :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    I enjoyed my teens , loved my twenty's , found love in my 30's , matured in my 40's , my nuts hit the water when i turned 50 :lol::lol: Cheers for another 50 bitches :mrgreen: ...
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ohh my old bones
  • Options
    Ohh my old bones

For a FACT I know I own t-shirts older than you. :fp: