Getting older

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    The aches and pains ohhh and my poor old heart
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    MayDay10 wrote:
    It sucks a lot of our life is driven by financial freedom.
    +1 million. I totally agree with this because it's an unfortunate fact...
    plus, it seems like overnight, it goes from still being carded when you're 33, to being called 'm'aam' by people whom you still consider 'peers', and with whom you could mutually and pleasantly hang out. Trust me, it happens OVER.NIGHT.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The aches and pains ohhh and my poor old heart

:fp:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    What?

Let me get my glasses.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    What?

Let me get my glasses.

I know that one. Started reading the thread, my eyes got tired so I skipped to the last page.

What I don't like about getting older is that gravity seems stronger, hair grows where it shouldn't, things don't work quite so well. But on the plus side I worry less about the little things, I don't care as much about what people think of me and people don't expect so much of me because I'm 'getting on'. All in all it isn't too bad at all :)
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Beats the alternative....
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    DS1119 wrote:
    I made a girl cry at work once when we talked about age. SHe had just turned 36 and I mentioned the average life expectancy is 72 so pretty much her life is half over and it's all down hill from there. I also went into what month does she think she'll die? If you look at a calendar...one of those 365 days is yours. Are you a Tuesday person or are you going to kick it on a Friday? She got so freaked out. It was great. :lol:
    If you really want to freak her out, have her check out: www.deathclock.com
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I made a girl cry at work once when we talked about age. SHe had just turned 36 and I mentioned the average life expectancy is 72 so pretty much her life is half over and it's all down hill from there. I also went into what month does she think she'll die? If you look at a calendar...one of those 365 days is yours. Are you a Tuesday person or are you going to kick it on a Friday? She got so freaked out. It was great. :lol:
    If you really want to freak her out, have her check out: http://www.deathclock.com

Of course I had to go do this :lol::lol: My date is Oct 16 2067 which means I'm going to live till I'm 96!!
    That just doesnt sound right to me :lol:
    I drink way to much,eat badly,dont exercise enough,play my music to loud,routinely piss people off,I'm pretty sure something or someone is going to take me out before then :lol::lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    SD48277 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    If you really want to freak her out, have her check out: http://www.deathclock.com

Of course I had to go do this :lol::lol: My date is Oct 16 2067 which means I'm going to live till I'm 96!!
    That just doesnt sound right to me :lol:
    I drink way to much,eat badly,dont exercise enough,play my music to loud,routinely piss people off,I'm pretty sure something or someone is going to take me out before then :lol::lol:
    My date is December 22, 2046. I know I can outlast that date...both sides of my family have good genes. :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    I'm 34, and I don't look or feel any different than I did at 24. The biggest difference between me now and me 10 years ago is that now I have money, lol.
    My back ohhh my back
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    My back ohhh my back

just remember.....we all get old.....

i'm going to bump this thread in 15 years
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    My back ohhh my back

just remember.....we all get old.....

i'm going to bump this thread in 15 years

see ya when I'm 35!
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    assuming you make it to 35. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    assuming you make it to 35. ;)

True. You never know.
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    It sucks.

Because really, one is still 25.
    Except now they're 44.
    So it doesn't feel good being 44 when you're still 25.

it's creaky sometimes, and sometimes your joints hurt, and you walk funnier down the hall in the morning.

the trick is to try to remain cute-looking as long as possible, because even when you feel shitty, you can still look in the mirror and say, well at least I'm still cute.

Hope this helps.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    When you were pretty sure you wouldn't hit 40, when on more than one occasion you very nearly didn't hit 50 and when at sixty the worst you can say is that some parts don't work so well but at least most of them are still functioning fairly well, it beats the hell out of the alternative.

Funny that this thread came up today. I was working in my garage today and suddenly thought about my friend J.B., a guy I went to college with from 1969 to 1972. I lost touch with him around 1975 and recently tried to look him up on the internet. All I could find was his obituary from last year. Died of cancer.

Seriously, getting older beats the alternative.

(Sorry so serious- must be the heat.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    SD48277 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

We've screwed around with this at work! :lol::lol:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    rollings wrote:
    It sucks.

Except now they're 44.
    I'm not 44 yet, but closer to that than to 25....and you are so right, this hits it on the head.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Getting older is great!

Marriages can get better with each passing year, adult kids are awesome...
    understanding and proud of their parents.
    Vanity is gone and replaced by a comfort in one's own skin.
    Peace replaces some of the worry most especially those things one can not control.

Life is really good and worth living...
    the best part is life's lessons.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    edited August 2012
    I'm getting used to it. Especially since my husband and sons joined the gym with me, it's easier to focus on the project of staying fit.

I was worried about the number but then my favorite people told me I'm still lovable and I stopped worrying about it. :)
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    rollings wrote:
    It sucks.

Except now they're 44.

it's creaky sometimes, and sometimes your joints hurt, and you walk funnier down the hall in the morning.

the trick is to try to remain cute-looking as long as possible, because even when you feel shitty, you can still look in the mirror and say, well at least I'm still cute.

Hope this helps.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    But oooooh so true!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    These legs... aren't what they used to be.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

:fp: :fp: :fp:

GO TO BED WILL!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:fp: :fp: :fp:

GO TO BED WILL!

I would... but, ohhh... my poor old heart...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Pain doesn't seem to matter as much to me the older I get.
    It is true people learn to live with stuff...
    there is a song like that ... I hurt myself to see if I could still feel...
    I know it's not meant like this but I can make that relate
    sometimes the alternative of not feeling makes the feeling ok.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    yup...older.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My back's been hurting the last few days, moreso than usual.

This morning, I caught myself doing an "ohhhh" as I sat down to rest it.

Pain DOES matter, dammit! True as pandora says that we find a way to deal with it, but fuck. Some days challenge that tolerance.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    For me the worst thing about... ahh, shit, what were we talking about?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.