Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    edited July 2012
    Make more records!
    Post edited by AfghanTwilight on
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Why must I sign out every time I visit the site? It says i'm logged in but won't allow access until I sign out. And why does the site automatically sign you out after a specified amount of time?

Same issue here, and with others I've heard. I guess, part of the Beta glitches. :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    StillHere wrote:
    Why must I sign out every time I visit the site? It says i'm logged in but won't allow access until I sign out. And why does the site automatically sign you out after a specified amount of time?

Same issue here, and with others I've heard. I guess, part of the Beta glitches. :)

I just saw a FAQ about it. Clearing the cache is supposed to fix it. Not so much. I edited my post above to reflect something I find more important.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    StillHere wrote:

I just saw a FAQ about it. Clearing the cache is supposed to fix it. Not so much. I edited my post above to reflect something I find more important.

hahahahaaa :lol:

oh and...clearing the cache has not helped
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i wasn't there but there was a museum at pj20...how about putting it online? also maybe some sort of interactive tour of 10c hq? maybe occasional video clips of rehearsals?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    norm wrote:
    i wasn't there but there was a museum at pj20...how about putting it online? also maybe some sort of interactive tour of 10c hq? maybe occasional video clips of rehearsals?
    awesome ideas..that museum at pj20 was A M A Z I N G...worth the 2 hours waiting!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    This is awesome, thanks so much for doing this!

I think you guys are awesome, we're the luckiest fans in the world! That being said, I have just a few suggestions. One, obviously, more fan-club only shows. Maybe something similar to Mumford's Gentlemen tour where you pick smaller cities and smaller venues :?:

Also, would love to have more options for female merch. Better fitted t-shirts, tanks, hoodies, and sweaters would be awesome!

Thanks! :thumbup:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    with regards to fan club only, small venue shows...make the tickets to those shows available to locals only for the initial sale
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    norm wrote:
    with regards to fan club only, small venue shows...make the tickets to those shows available to locals only for the initial sale

Yes, backed!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • PE157363PE157363 Posts: 4
    um. here we go. i was cursing when couldn't ten club tickets for MEN in june, but was lucky enough to get tickets way up in the nosebleeds. different perspective to previous floor-view was awesome. was hoping to get to missoula show, but not tix or cash money. also, how about a joint 10C vs Ichiro Suzuki tee shirt? pretty please? :)
  • We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 420
    1) I am a huge* (literally) fan. PJ shirts don't fit me. I'd love for generic PJ shirts to be made for fat-guy clothing stores (as I like to call them), or for the 10C to offer some/more legit plus-size shirts. Fat guys love PJ, and we want to show the love in public by wearing t-shirts.
    *Since I've lost 30 pounds in the past year, if I can fit into regular size PJ shirts by the time the plus-size are available, you can yell at me for suggesting this in the first place.

2) OPEN. THE. VAULT. Audio and video. I would buy a CD and DVD of every single vault show I've been to that I don't already have, as well as some others.
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    3 words "Stone Pony Show". :D
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • GS4566GS4566 Posts: 53
    Here are my suggestions:

-If PJ & TC are changing the ticket policy to a lottery, they should localize it. What I mean is; when PJ play Florida-give the Florida Ten Club member priority. When they play Boston, same for New England residents. Not seating-that would remain the same.

I know someone, lives in Montana, and got shut out of the lottery for the show in September. Essentially, their first hometown show in 7 (?) years and perhaps the last and they lost out to people from other distant states. Last I knew, they still did not have a ticket.

Maybe allow a presale for those members only (a few hours or a day). Or manually sort them out. This would allow people tickets for their 'hometown' shows.

-Open the Vault. Love the last two releases. Keep em coming. I heard years ago (rumor or not) Live on Two Legs had a working title of Live at Constitution Hall. About time that a 1998 or 1996 show pops up. Great, great years...
  • Thanks for the opportunity to voice this.
    -I, too, would like the ability to get single 10C tickets. I have a wife and a daughter and I can't choose between them the next time Pearl Jam decides to stop in or around Atlanta.
    -I like the idea of signed and numbered posters in the SHOP. I can't remember all the different artists' websites to go searching for a signed and numbered print if I really like the art.
    -Will Ed's paintings (that we saw in PJ20) ever go on sale? I, for one, would love an EV original

Thanks guys.
  • moonstepsmoonsteps Posts: 51
    Cool...did you have to hire another person just to monitor this thread! :lol:
    Love the ideas coming through here...I will reiterate a few that I have seen and add a couple in case that new person is keeping track!

First...thanks 10c

1. Please bring back poster pre-orders and separate shipping for 10C members. This was so awesome. I would gladly pay more and ridiculous shipping just to not have to spend all day in line and then guard my poster during the show if I am lucky enough to get one.
    2. 10C only shows would be cool. Or, do a few more of the member setlists, that was also exciting. Oh...how bout a few more acoustic sets or shows?
    3. I like the new paypal lotto system, its better than F5.
    4. Box set releases of the remaining albums! And then some huge ridiculous diplay shelf that holds them all!
    5. AET...miss this so much. Even if its just like once a month or something and you could collect a few items/questions from this thread and give updates?
    6. Bootleg subscriptions. Incubus just announced this. You can buy standalone shows just like PJ currently offers but you can also by a monthly subscription that gives you access to maybe 5 total shows per month. Or, you can buy an unlimited annual subscription that give you access to every show OR INDIVIDUAL SONGS from any show so you can create your own boots! seems like an automatic fit for PJ
    7. update of the PJ iphone app?
    8. PJ backpack...yeah sure would like one of those too.
    "Like a cloud dropping rain...I'm discarding all thought"
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Thanks for putting this thread up!

Here's one thing. There are some of us (ahem) that are new to 10c and somewhat new to Pearl Jam. I think it's great that you reward your "charter" members and all, but what about welcoming newbies? Maybe with like ooooh I dunno, tickets to an upcoming show? A signed poster? Just something to say "welcome to the family" ya know? The clubbers are quite welcoming, I will say. Very nice people. Just a thought ;)
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Thank you for asking for our feedback. My suggestions:

1. More 10C only shows in medium sized venues to accommodate more fans (3-5K sized venues) possibly with a geographic restriction on tickets.

2. Many of us are at the age where we have kids that are between 5-10 years old. There is a very limited amount of merch available for us to outfit our kids. I purchased one of the new PJ army shirts in a kids Medium and I got a size 4 (toddler size). Can we get more merch in the 8-12 size range?

3. Band members posting on occassion and also bringing back AET

4. Rehearsal footage released or made available

5. Allow lottery winners to attend sound check

thanks for all you do!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Great to see this thread, customer feedback is always a sure-fire way to improve upon a product...not that the 10c needs much improvement. SO many great ideas have already been voiced here. I'll just echo some of what's already been said.
    - It appears the ladies have spoken and more female friendly merch would definitely be welcomed around here.
    - A intimate 10c only show or two sprinkled in the middle of a tour, or a one-off for that matter, would be most excellent
    - I know that pulling off the fan-curated set list at Amsterdam II must have been a very difficult feat, but it was just awesome. Doing this every once in a while would be incredibly cool. OR, My Morning Jacket, just implemented a "Fan Curation Series" in which the fans post on the forum which song they want the band to open each show with and the majority wins. This could be cool also. However, I'm completely satisfied with the band curating their own damn set lists as they obviously perform the most diverse of live shows of anyone touring today.
    - GA shows: I agree that the GA barricades on the Euro 12 tour were handled very well. I for one was shocked to see how many people they allow on the floor in Europe! I think most building's fire code here in the States is around 2k, and there must have easily been triple that in Amsterdam.
    - Merch giveaways could be a cool incentive to keep fans engaged with the band whether it be through the website here or facebook or something.
    - Any sort of band member interaction via radio or forums would be very cool.
    - Decreasing the minimum # of fan club ticket purchases to 1. There's no reason why anyone should be forced to buy a pair of tickets, expecially with the strict no re-sale policy. I understand the reasoning behind this is probably to prevent too many single tix available to the general public, but I dont see how this could have a major affect on the building's inventory.
    - I also agree that full tour announcements instead of piece mealing the announcments together would help tremendously for fans that make travel plans. It sucks to book a tripi all the way across the country only to find out weeks later that the guys will be playing in your backyard. Why cant the routing all be done at once and then the tour all announced at once as well? I can see some festivals and one-offs being the exception here but it seems there are often random additions.
    - Soundcheck viewing for a select # of fans every once in a while would be killer. A great chance to play some rarities that dont often get played live without worrying about flubbing one with a building full of peeps

Anyway, sorry for the repeats and ramblings. Great job 10c! As long as Pearl Jam continues to bless us with great music and throw us some live shows every now and then, I will be happy. Cheers!
    ~Jamie
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • rushtosrushtos Posts: 6
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Thanks for putting this thread up!

Here's one thing. There are some of us (ahem) that are new to 10c and somewhat new to Pearl Jam. I think it's great that you reward your "charter" members and all, but what about welcoming newbies? Maybe with like ooooh I dunno, tickets to an upcoming show? A signed poster? Just something to say "welcome to the family" ya know? The clubbers are quite welcoming, I will say. Very nice people. Just a thought ;)

Good idea! I like the thought of a welcome gift being a newbie myself :D (well, newbie to the club, been a fan since they began :thumbup: )
    Manchester 21/06/2012, Manchester 28/07/2012 (EV)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    demetrios wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i think everyone would love to hear from the individual band members from time to time on here...q&a's and such...but not in the chat room :nono:

If only AET was back on air. Would of been a treat if every month a band member would take calls. Maybe DJ a show or two.

But man, I hope Ed know's there is a 24/7 Pearl Jam radio here. Wouldn't it be awesome if he did another Monkey Wrench Radio broadcast on Pearl Jam radio? When I heard we were getting a 24/7 Pearl Jam radio, here @ 10club that's the first thing that I wanted to happen. Some live performances of Pearl Jam LIVE in the studio played on air.
    Yes! Agreed. Now Ed has his very own radio station, and he doesn't do any shows. What happened Ed? Maybe reach back into the past and remember what drove you to do monkeywrench ... maybe you can find it again. The listeners are still here and want to hear what you've got to say/play! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    Re-issue all of the albums on vinyl. No need for deluxe or super deluxe editions, bonus tracks, or remasters.

Just re-issue as they were originally released.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    edited July 2012
    Please please please release vinyl reissues faster. I need everything between No Code and Backspacer, no WAY can I afford the originals anymore ($300 for a record not cool!), but I'm DYING to spin these albums!!! Can 10C please spin them out a little faster? ... I don't understand the fancy schmancy box sets and combined albums. I imagine they're harder to produce. How about just simple reissues sooner and faster? And PLEASE don't make them double albums like the Vitalogy reissue. It's kind of a drag to have to turn the record every 3rd song. :)

Also, PLEASE reissue Lost Dogs too! ... And if you have any say in the matter, Temple of the Dog. Ooooohhh, I'd die from joy. :D

PS - :lol: as someone else mentioned, I hope you hired someone just to monitor this thread from now on. :lol:

PPS - THANKS!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Cheo RamirezCheo Ramirez Posts: 676
    Hello TC

Thank you for all the kindness and for the band members and staff all my gratitude .

Some ideas coming from a South America loyal fan:

1. TC general admission area for future SA tours, we had no benefits for 2011 tour, same treat for all continents. At least, early entrance.
    2. Some kind of benefits for travelers who fly or drive huge miles to see PJ.
    3. Expand the lotery (10 first lines)
    4. Continue pay pal sales.
    5. Discounts on bootlegs of the concerts fans assisted.
    6. Please come back more often to S.A. (2 times in 20 years??? sold out every time) especially Peru, any country give you that kind of signed t-shirt.
    7. Play Hold on in Peru and dedicated to my girls (Julieta, Ana Lucia and Maria Eugenia)
    8. Stone singing more often.
    9. Covers album release
    10. Eddy in SA
    11. Never die
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited July 2012
    I'm really impressed that you guys are actually asking us for our opinions! Classy!

-Clearer communication in general, but especially when it comes to announcing tour dates. Please release them all at once, rather than staggered.

- Consider tiering ticket prices. Getting rid of tier prices worked 15 years ago. But with difficult economic times, offering cheaper seats for those who just want to be in the building but cannot afford the steep price of tickets nowadays would be an INCENTIVE for fans who aren't 10c members. There are lots of them out there.

- Allow local folks a better chance at seeing their local shows by limiting the number of 10c tix a member can buy per tour. By limiting the number of 10c tix, more local people will see their shows closest to them.

- Be creative with everything. Try something new. This Missoula Meet and Greet is a start as well as having a fan help with the set list. Keep up the innovation and creativity!

- Lastly, Stone really does need to sing more often! And Jeff needs to go out on a solo tour! Love the new album!
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    I hate that you have to have a paypal account that is the same email at 10c. My wife and I share a paypal account but both have 10c memberships. Should be able to just enter your CC info on PJ.com when signed in, and if your name gets picked then your card is charged. Keeps all info in house and eliminates the member necessity to have another account to remember
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • jcubjcub Posts: 21
    I would like to see Eddie Vedder bootlegs released, some fan club only shows, along with some meet and greets for fan club members. Also, there are a ton of great ideas that I have read through on previous posts. Please implement some of these ideas! Also, thanks for allowing us this opportunity to voice our suggestions.
    Please ask Jeff instead of Eddie to sing Nothing As It Seems in Missoula. Jeff's version on PJ20 is amazing, and since it's a song about his home town, and a show for his buddy IN his home state, few things could be more more fitting. :D
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Alpine PJ20 Show Bootlegs!! This is where the money is at...lots of people are pining for some kind of release...maybe a confirmation that one day it will be would do for now. Thanks for letting me voice myself. My small self.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    edited July 2012
    Great idea. Many ideas that have sprung to mind have been said already and loads of other great topics have been raised. I would love to see something along the lines of Song X from the old Five Horizons site with a download each month, something exclusive like demos that never made it to record. I remember seeing that Bayleaf started out as a PJ song for the Binaural sessions and would love to hear what it sounded like amongst others. I'm sure there are loads of archives of demos, rehearsals, instrumentals, etc that we would relish hearing. There's simply not enough PJ DVD's around either. The only 2 full shows besides Unplugged were both from 2003! PJ could release a SVT type DVD for each album, one like Touring Band for each tour and full shows from every leg of every tour in the goods section and they would sell like hot cakes.

Also it's been 12 years and counting since PJ played in Scotland which breaks our little tartan hearts...
    Please visit our capital Edinburgh and play a stunning show at the castle, the most spectacular surroundings you could imagine and a unique experience for the band as well as us, it's a perfectly intimate 8600 capacity venue that would be hard to match for atmosphere and the welcome would blow you away!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3293/247 ... b98b08.jpg

Here's my Brian F style unusual setlist request. Just to save you time of course... ;)

Main:
    Oceans, Last Exit, Whipping, Deep, Rats, In The Moonlight, Immortality, RVM, Insignificance, Sad, Leash, Once, Footsteps, Alive, Porch, Smile, Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (full instrumental).

Enc 1:
    Release, Lukin, Not For You, Tremor Christ, Garden, Strangest Tribe, Go, Blood.

Enc 2:
    Indifference, Even Flow, Breath, Crown Of Thorns, All Those Yesterdays, Black, Corduroy.
    Post edited by veddertown on
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12