Options

*** Stockholm Fanviews Here 7/7/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Another great review in Swedish newspaper, (translated by bing, I just changed the worst translations)

Translation:

Pearl Jam has not been in Sweden for twelve years.During an enchanted concert promises they will soon come back.The wine bottle is half full when a half drunk Eddie Vedder halfway through "1/2 full" lift his arms in the air and look straight up on the strength of the headlamp, as if he is in contact with a higher power.He grips a guitar, captures the light, dazzling enough every conifer Cone in the globe arena during a fantastic jam and get out of the same emotional "uh, uh, uh" sounds as in the subsequent "Jeremy".A small matter to let each one classics, but ask me not to choose the best of this enchanted evening. It is a pattern that repeats over and over. "Just breathe" from the last album cut straight into the heart just as much as "Black", the world's perhaps the best song.This concert is the result of 12 years of loss, with an audience that both redirects resulting in a 30 songs and two hours and 45 minutes long appearance that is so unpredictable that rock 'n' roll can be at its most vibrant. Vedder speaking in Swedish and talking in English, but the message is the same: Pearl Jam is completely taken by the audience's response.It is said that alcohol dries out the vocal cords, but someone forgot to tell Eddie Vedder. The more he drinks the better singing he and urladdningarna are just more and more.In a completely redesigned "Porch", with an organ-and gitarrjamparti as taken from Deep Purple "Made in Japan", he bounces around with a basketball and then give the fans at the front of their version of the last supper.It is one of countless moments that make this one of the most unforgettable concerts in I don't know how many years. Another is the close, when the globe is illuminated and Neil Young's "rockin' in the free world" never seems to run out.Faith fan that Eddie Vedder repeated promises that there will be twelve years until the next visit..

Original:

Pearl jam har inte varit i Sverige på 12 år.
    Under en förtrollad konsert lovar de att snart komma tillbaka.

Mejla Rödvinspavan är halvfull när en halvfull Eddie Vedder halvvägs in i "1/2 full" lyfter armarna i vädret och tittar rakt upp på den starka strålkastaren, som om han står i kontakt med en högre makt.

Han greppar en gitarr, fångar upp ljuset, bländar nog varenda kotte i Globen under ett fantastiskt jam och får ur sig samma känsloladdade "uh, uh, uh"-läten som i efterföljande "Jeremy".

En bagatell till låt respektive en klassiker, men be mig inte välja vilken som är bäst denna förtrollade kväll. Det är ett mönster som går igen om och om igen. "Just breathe" från det senaste albumet skär rakt in i hjärtat minst lika mycket som "Black", världens kanske bästa låt.

Den här konserten är resultatet av tolv års saknad, med en publik som lika mycket dirigerar som följer med i ett 30 låtar och två timmar och 45 minuter långt framträdande som är så oförutsägbart som rock'n'roll kan vara när den är som allra mest levande. Vedder håller tal på svenska och snackar på engelska, men budskapet är detsamma: Pearl Jam är helt tagna av publikens gensvar.

Det sägs att alkohol torkar ut stämbanden, men någon glömde att säga det till Eddie Vedder. Ju mer han dricker desto bättre sjunger han och urladdningarna blir bara fler och större.

I en helt omgjord "Porch", med ett orgel- och gitarrjamparti som taget från Deep Purples "Made in Japan", studsar han runt med en basketboll för att sedan ge fansen längst fram sin version av nattvarden.

Det är ett av oräkneliga ögonblick som gör detta till en av de mest oförglömliga konserterna på jag vet inte hur många år. Ett annat är avslutningen, när Globen är upplyst och Neil Youngs "Rockin' in the free world" aldrig tycks vilja ta slut.

Tro fan att Eddie Vedder gång på gång lovar att det inte ska dröja tolv år till nästa besök.

Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    What a great show! The only one for me this tour but I am not complaining. :D From the night before to after the show it was alllll goooooood. :mrgreen:

I can only repeat what others have said, the athmosphere and crowd were amazing. We were standing at the end of the 10C area - dancing, singing and every now and then looking out at the rest of the venue = awesomesauce.

Definite highlights for me were Garden, All Those Yesterdays and Love Reign O'er Me, which the band absolutely nailed.

(Also, I'd like to add that I all but called the opener. Before the show I said "They should open with Elderly Woman". That's a win, right? ;)

PS. To the guy who thought people were booing Boom (if you're reading this): We weren't. :thumbup:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    First time I saw PJ in my hometown, was amazing!

I think the show as a couple have already said was not about the coolest set list, but the fantastic atmosphere! I felt like all the songs where just a bit better played than they usually are. Im not a huge fan of Small Town, but it was perfect as the opener!

Of course Corduroy can never go wrong, the bands best song imo, and luckily for me it seems to always be the song that is first added to every set list.

Things that stood out during the evening where the large number of songs from Ten; Why Go, Garden, Jeremy, Porch, Once, Black and Alive. Those are obvious fan favorites for a crowd that havent seen the band for 12 years.

For me the most special moment was seeing Off He Goes as its one of my favorites, and I havent seen it in my previous 10 shows.

All Those Yesterdays is obviously special for all the PJ junkies like me, not everyone gets to hear it. This was just one of many songs from Yield tonight which I loved (Wishlist, Given to Fly, Do the Evolution, All Those Yesterdays)

The finish was all classic PJ, but again with just a little bit better or more than many other shows. Last songs included almost all the fan favorite covers; Crazy Mary, Love Reign O'er Me and RITFW. I would have preferred Baba O'Riley instead of Love Reign Oer Me, but still awesome!

All in all, this was a big casual fan pleaser in terms of set list, and a great show for the long time fans because of the energy tonight from the band and the audience.

Best imo: Off He Goes, Corduroy, All Those Yesterdays, SOLAT, Jeremy, Small Town...And the atmosphere, both band and crowd had amasing energy!!
    Would have wanted more off: Some hard rockers; Leash, Blood, STBC, Lukin and some more No Code (In My Tree, Smile, Red Mosquito, Present Tense, list goes on and on)

Hope everyone enjoyed it and keeping fingers crossed for a return in a not too distant future
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    Ed's dance during the Fixer: was that choreography? Those arms-- almost like Madonna
    :lol::lol::lol: That was awesome to witness live. Definitely reminded me of Madonna (Vogue?) but not the first time Ed's done it. I seem to recall him doing this during Got Some at some point. It was in the Ed best dance moves thread :D

Security was stellar. Crowd was pretty controlled but the security guys were nipping things in the bud before they got out of control. Such a contrast from Berlin. And they were digging the music too.

All Those Yesterday's was awesome. Mike's side amazing, as always. I could pretty much only see Mike from where I standing which was perfectly fine with me!
  • Options
    BluetteBluette Posts: 1
    You are all right, it was an incredible concert, the vibe coming from the audience full of love and appreciation and the same feeling coming from the band. Music so full of life, Mike as great as he can be.

But still I got kind of a sour aftertaste. Eddie is absolutely amazing, but he forgot lyrics twice (Just Breathe and Black) and towards the end of the show it was difficult not to notice that he was drunk. His voice is not getting better with age and all this smoking while singing is not helping either...
    I got a feeling that in a few years he will sing like Bob Dylan does nowadays.
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    Bluette wrote:
    You are all right, it was an incredible concert, the vibe coming from the audience full of love and appreciation and the same feeling coming from the band. Music so full of life, Mike as great as he can be.

But still I got kind of a sour aftertaste. Eddie is absolutely amazing, but he forgot lyrics twice (Just Breathe and Black) and towards the end of the show it was difficult not to notice that he was drunk. His voice is not getting better with age and all this smoking while singing is not helping either...
    I got a feeling that in a few years he will sing like Bob Dylan does nowadays.

Ed forgetting lyrics is nothing new. I prefer to see it as a side effect of the band always shifting setlists, improvising and changing songs between shows...that is something I would never want to be without!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    This was my first Pearl Jam concert ever. I am still blown away and my body is full of energy from last night. One of the best nights of my life. I had very high expectations, but it turned out even better than my expectations! This is it. Something has changed for me. I am very grateful to have been there, to have seen them FINALLY and that the crowd was out of their mind last night!!! :lol: God ... I need to do this again ... and again ... Proud to be a fan of this great band. :D:D:D
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    AndersAnders Posts: 6
    The Stockholm show was GREAT... The band was ón fire, It was O'Neill of the Best showsi have seen. I can mit wait til the Copenhagen show :lol::lol:
  • Options
    prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    Better things my favourite Kinks song, you lucky lucky devils, i love pj and everything they
  • Options
    We had very good seats. Next to the stage so we saw the setlist before the show with the camera :)

We took a picture and looked at it later. If you had the change would you look or dont you want to know what they'll play before the show? We didn't look, that would have been so weird!

The setlist showed that they didn't play Sonic Reducer!
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    We had very good seats. Next to the stage so we saw the setlist before the show with the camera :)

We took a picture and looked at it later. If you had the change would you look or dont you want to know what they'll play before the show? We didn't look, that would have been so weird!

I did the same thing and I must admit that I did look ;) However, I could only get a picture of the encore side of the list not the whole thing, I was on the floor. I couldn't reists the urge. Yeah, it was weird knowing what was coming up but I was pleasantly surpised when they decided to add State Of Love and Trust.

Anyway, the show was really good, enjoyed it more than Berlin 2 (Berlin 1 was better still). The setlist was great, some nice surpises and I finally got Off He Goes, one of my all time favorites. The crowd was great and I loved that they had set up a separate front section. I had crappy seats, but a friend's GA pdf ticket, hotel reception copy machine and some imagination got me up front although we got to the venue pretty late ;)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606

Awesome pictures, thank you, really!

....................I'd love some quality hardcopies to hang on my wall :D
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    Personal favourite moments for me were.

1. Off he Goes
    2. Once
    3. Garden
    4. ATY
    5. Wishlist
    6. Eddie playing basketball!
    7. The band carrying on for two more song after the lights had gone up

Amazing!
    London O2 2009 - Manchester MEN 2012 - Stockholm Globe 2012 - Leeds Arena 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl 2014 - London Apollo 2017 (EV) - Prague O2 Arena 2018 - London O2 2018 - Dana Point CA, 2019 (EV) - London Hyde Park 2020 - Krakow Arena  2020?
  • Options
    PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
    wishlisa76 wrote:
    This was my first Pearl Jam concert ever. I am still blown away and my body is full of energy from last night. One of the best nights of my life. I had very high expectations, but it turned out even better than my expectations! This is it. Something has changed for me. I am very grateful to have been there, to have seen them FINALLY and that the crowd was out of their mind last night!!! :lol: God ... I need to do this again ... and again ... Proud to be a fan of this great band. :D:D:D

Now, you know why we´ve been doing this for years!....hooked for life in a good way! See you next time! :D
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • Options
    PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
    eMMI wrote:
    What a great show! The only one for me this tour but I am not complaining. :D From the night before to after the show it was alllll goooooood. :mrgreen:

I can only repeat what others have said, the athmosphere and crowd were amazing. We were standing at the end of the 10C area - dancing, singing and every now and then looking out at the rest of the venue = awesomesauce.

Definite highlights for me were Garden, All Those Yesterdays and Love Reign O'er Me, which the band absolutely nailed.

(Also, I'd like to add that I all but called the opener. Before the show I said "They should open with Elderly Woman". That's a win, right? ;)

PS. To the guy who thought people were booing Boom (if you're reading this): We weren't. :thumbup:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOm hehe
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • Options
    cjoreacjorea Posts: 69
    Incredibly good show that started out on fire and ended even stronger (in this case, "Elderly Woman" was the kindling for the bonfire).

The last set was out of this world, and I'd say Boon likes it in Stockholm (he and Mike on "Crazy Mary" was kick ass)

Best quote of the evening (in a Swedish accent), "I have waited 16 years for that..."

Maybe to put things into a little "perspective," the last couple of shows have been something special. Period.

If you're thinking about what bootleg to buy, when I first bought bootlegs, it was $24 for one disc and $42 for two. My two favorites were incomplete cuts from a Zurich show ("I'm special, so special, attention...) and a terrible recording with a Daughter tag of the Stones ("Children, it's just a shot away...")

I only say this because you (and I) are spoiled - Buy them all (Berlin1, Berlin2, and Stockholm). You won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    This was my 5 Pearl Jam show - and what a show!!!!
    I have never experienced Eddie in such a happy mood (Wine has a great effect on people.....:-)) - one Hell of a front man.
    The crowd was really really good - it seemed like everybody knew all the lyrics.
    I must say that the setlist was great. There was the Big ones for the people Who haven't seen the band in 12 Years!!!!!!! And it had the small gems for the rest of us (ATY, garden, Off he goes)
    Highlights for me was:
    Garden!!!!
    Off he goes - a long time personal favorite, Well since i heard the seattle II 2000 boot. And a first for me
    Jeremy - My first time 5 show!!??
    DTE - the crowd has really taken this song a new place!
    State of Love and Trust - Fun to se the band in doubt about what to play. The looked at each other shaking their heads. Then Ed asked the crowd what to play - State was shouted and Ed turned to the rest if the band and made eyecontact and they kicked into a rocking version of the song!

Small town as opener - waaaaaay better than I have had expected from the comments on this board. "I just wanna scream HELLO" nice start!
    This was a real Fun show to be at. Great band who seemed like they really did have a great time, great great crowd - thanks you guys!

Man I am looking forward to Copenhagen.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    eladfrneladfrn Posts: 32
    This was my first PJ show and it was just perfect!! I've waited more than 10 years to see them live and travelling all the way from Israel was totally worth every second. I actually saw Stone Gossard 4 hours before the show walking towards the Modern museum and I felt like a 13 years old Justin Biber's fan :)

Did anyone take some pics or vids of the show? It would be great if someone could send me some of them.

Thanks a lot,
    Elad
    7.7.2012 Stockholm
    20.6.2014 Milan
    22.6.2014 Trieste
    25.6.2014 Vienna
  • Options
    Hi guys! Here's what Eddie said in Swedish. Here it goes.

Good evening!
    I can't realize that it was 12 years ago since the last time we saw each other.
    Why haven't you called??
    We are really happy that you all are here.
    (and this is true)
    You look better than ever!

In Swedish:

God kväll!
    Jag kan inte fatta att det är 12 år sen vi sågs sist.
    Varför har ni inte ringt??
    Vi är jätteglada att ni är här.
    (and this is true)
    Ni är snyggare än någonsin!

By the way. I love Peru! Txs for the wristband Floripa guy! :D
    Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena - Jul 07, 2012
    Stockholm Friends Arena - Jun 28, 2014
  • Options
    AffeAffe Posts: 4
    Hi there dear PJ fans.

This was my first PJ concert and I loved every second of it.
    If I ever get a chance to see them again I will take it.
    :D
    Stockholm 7/7-2012
  • Options
    charlotta02charlotta02 Posts: 26
    edited July 2012
    I'm so happy and I'm a bit sad too because I have to wait so long for the next time now (I hope it's not gonna be another 12 years...) The show in Stockholm was more than I could hope for. I've been waiting for this moment sooooo loooong and I was a bit worried before the show, that it would in some way backfire. Maybe I remember it wrong, but the show in Stockholm 2000 felt a bit... lame. Not because of the band, but because of the audience. Swedes can sometimes be a bit hard to please, but OMG how wrong I was. Oh my God-Oh my God!

I thought I would cry during the show, but I didn't. I was just so happy and blown away then. My tears came the day after, when I read the review in aftonbladet. I stood there on the platform ready to enter the train to go home with the paper infront of me crying like a little child. So beautiful review, it captured exactly how I felt.

And I have to say that the closed section infront of the stage was perfect. I never thought I would be so close to the band without being squeezed. Super! I sure hope that the rest of the gigs in Oslo and Copenhagen will be great even though I won't be there. Have fun!!
    Post edited by charlotta02 on
    Stockholm 2000, 2012, 2014
    Oslo 2014
    NYC (GCF) 2015
    NYC TOTD 2016
    Prague 2018
    Krakow 2018
    Berlin 2018
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    It was excellent as others have already said, mike is a legend who acts like he is 20 whilst on stage, so entertaining to watch, I love them!! Show 17 tonight, bring it!!!!!!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    sergiobasergioba Posts: 4
    Hey dear friends, since Saturday that's how I feel about all of you guys even without knowing you.

I have been to a few Pearl Jam shows before, but what I experience in Stockholm before, while, and after the show was just amazing. Communicating with other 10C members and other great fans of this band was an experience I have never had before, at least not as strong.

the show was awesome, except for the fact that through the problem on the 10C presage I ended up having this crappy B9 seats which a guy next to me asking me when they normally play the songs he heard on the radio. And as posted before, he wondered why we didn't like that long haired guy on the piano. com'on. But still it was amazing and I felt privileged to be part of this.

Even if music wise it wasn't the best Pearl Jam show I heard, (sound and solos) the energy I felt was overwhelming. Thanks Pearl Jam, thanks Stockholm.

By the way, I was part of the guys screaming their lungs out at the pub before the show, as mentioned in the concert review, that was really cool. People there were just amazing.

Hope to meat more of you soon.
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Hearing live Off he goes, Wishlist and All those yesterdays was absolutely amazing!!! Loved the show and the crowd. And band seemed to really enjoy all the fun. Too bad it was last one for me this tour but sooooo happy that i was part of such an awesome show :D:D
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    PJ Sweden wrote:
    wishlisa76 wrote:

Now, you know why we´ve been doing this for years!....hooked for life in a good way! See you next time! :D

Oh yes, I can see why PJ fans are travelling around the world ... together with PJ. I´m still completely blown away after this, my first show. I was really nervous the week before the gig, like some others here, I had very high expectations and I thought that it might not be as I had imagined, cause that sometimes happen when your expectations are soooo high. But, shit, it was even better than I imagined. I need to do this again. I can see why everyone is hooked, I now belong to those people, yes .... :lol::lol::lol:

Hearing Eddie´s voice live for the first time was the most beautiful thing ... I have goosebombs writing this. And by the way, I LOVED Eddie´s Swedish!! I think he should speak Swedish more often. :D Sexy accent ...I also LOVED Eddie´s joking about that they should do a complete Sweden Tour sometime. I´ll call you, Eddie, and then we can arrange something like that ... :mrgreen:
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    KirstenmcKirstenmc Posts: 1
    I don't have wordsfor this concert it was FREAKING AWESOME, I can only say thanks Pear Jam and all the people at the concert .... unreal!

Kirsten
  • Options
    heisamiheisami Posts: 1
    19 years I had to wait see PJ. In Stocholm my dream came true... million times! I've never experienced such energy in any concert. Thanks to the band and to awesome crowd!! :D
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    Paulina87 wrote:
    Hearing live Off he goes, Wishlist and All those yesterdays was absolutely amazing!!! Loved the show and the crowd. And band seemed to really enjoy all the fun. Too bad it was last one for me this tour but sooooo happy that i was part of such an awesome show :D:D

Update your sig! :D:lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2