Options

*** Stockholm Fanviews Here 7/7/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    jmk wrote:
    It's been a while since my first Pearl Jam concert and I'm still living on clouds after it. I've been without internet for a while and quite busy but now I can finally share my fantastic experience...

Thanks to my parents (mostly my mother who wanted me to try the breakfast) who payed for my hotel I ended up in the same hotel as the band. I guessed that was the case as I saw Italian fans outside the hotel. What I still can't believe is that I met Eddie at the Spa of the hotel in the afternoon before the concert :D . I had to come closer to him to see that it really was him and I also told him that I had to come closer to see that it really was Eddie because I didn't wear my glasses. We shook hands I told him that my name is Jonas and that I was going to see the Pearl Jam for the first time tonight. I told him that I've been listening to their music for such a long time and he asked me where I'm from. I told him that I'm from Finland and that I came with the ferry in the morning. He was so kind and it was so unreal to meet him and talk to him the afternoon before my first Pearl Jam show. He told me that his back had been hurting a bit and he was healing it in the cold-water pool. I asked if he can play the guitar and he replied with a smile that he has to. I told Eddie that I would really like to hear Off He Goes and off I went to have a swim and tell my wife that I just met Eddie and told her what we talked. I also saw Jeff and Stone wen they walked out of the elevator, probably on their way to the venue, but I didn't want to disturb as they were on their way.

So now to my concert review. As everyone can imagine I was super-excited before my first Pearl Jam concert but I was quite calm and meeting Eddie before the gig meant the world to me and charged my emotions even higher. When the members of Pearl Jam walked upon the stage it was a magical moment. Small Town was the perfect opener for me and I had intense goosebumbs during the song. I was so incredibly happy to finally see my favourite band live.

I managed to get quite close to the stage about ten meters from the stage and even thought it was hot and sweaty I was pleased to be close to the stage and feel the positive energy of the fans in the crowd. The jumping was quite intese during Comatose and some other songs but it was a lot of fun. Many more shivers during Given To Fly and many other songs.

I just couldn't believe my ears when Eddie dedicated Off He Goes to me along with all other world travellers. It was another magical moment. He didn't remember my name quite correct as my name is Jonas and he said Johan but it didn't make the moment any less special. I screamed that it was Jonas but he couldn't hear me. I knew he meant me and it meant the world to me. I had tears in my eyes during the song and it was an incredible moment in my life. Thank You Eddie!

Other highlights for me was Black and Alive. I had tears in my eyes during Black and the feeling of beeing so close to the band surrounded by fans singing along to Mike's lead melody during Black felt unbelievable. Even though I'm not a religios man it felt somehow like a religious moment. I was so filled with happy emotions and it felt so good to experience it.

I enjoyed every song and I think the setlist suited my needs for my first Pearl Jam concert better that I could have imagined. Of course it would have been great to hear songs like Release and Nothingman but I am 100% sure that this was not my last Pearl Jam show. I am quite sure that Pearl Jam will play Stockholm when they do their next European tour. (Hopefully also Helsinki, Finland).

The whole show felt like a big celebration and like the newspapers wrote it felt like the crowd was a big happy family. The atmospehere was so great during the whole show, especially during the last three songs (Alive, RITFW and Ledbetter). I was in heaven for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Thank you Pear Jam! I love you!
    That's awesome, man. What a way to see your first show! I was in Stockholm too, that show was pretty special. Well, they all were, but the band felt so relaxed and at ease.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    jmk wrote:
    It's been a while since my first Pearl Jam concert and I'm still living on clouds after it. I've been without internet for a while and quite busy but now I can finally share my fantastic experience...

Thanks to my parents (mostly my mother who wanted me to try the breakfast) who payed for my hotel I ended up in the same hotel as the band. I guessed that was the case as I saw Italian fans outside the hotel. What I still can't believe is that I met Eddie at the Spa of the hotel in the afternoon before the concert :D . I had to come closer to him to see that it really was him and I also told him that I had to come closer to see that it really was Eddie because I didn't wear my glasses. We shook hands I told him that my name is Jonas and that I was going to see the Pearl Jam for the first time tonight. I told him that I've been listening to their music for such a long time and he asked me where I'm from. I told him that I'm from Finland and that I came with the ferry in the morning. He was so kind and it was so unreal to meet him and talk to him the afternoon before my first Pearl Jam show. He told me that his back had been hurting a bit and he was healing it in the cold-water pool. I asked if he can play the guitar and he replied with a smile that he has to. I told Eddie that I would really like to hear Off He Goes and off I went to have a swim and tell my wife that I just met Eddie and told her what we talked. I also saw Jeff and Stone wen they walked out of the elevator, probably on their way to the venue, but I didn't want to disturb as they were on their way.

So now to my concert review. As everyone can imagine I was super-excited before my first Pearl Jam concert but I was quite calm and meeting Eddie before the gig meant the world to me and charged my emotions even higher. When the members of Pearl Jam walked upon the stage it was a magical moment. Small Town was the perfect opener for me and I had intense goosebumbs during the song. I was so incredibly happy to finally see my favourite band live.

I managed to get quite close to the stage about ten meters from the stage and even thought it was hot and sweaty I was pleased to be close to the stage and feel the positive energy of the fans in the crowd. The jumping was quite intese during Comatose and some other songs but it was a lot of fun. Many more shivers during Given To Fly and many other songs.

I just couldn't believe my ears when Eddie dedicated Off He Goes to me along with all other world travellers. It was another magical moment. He didn't remember my name quite correct as my name is Jonas and he said Johan but it didn't make the moment any less special. I screamed that it was Jonas but he couldn't hear me. I knew he meant me and it meant the world to me. I had tears in my eyes during the song and it was an incredible moment in my life. Thank You Eddie!

Other highlights for me was Black and Alive. I had tears in my eyes during Black and the feeling of beeing so close to the band surrounded by fans singing along to Mike's lead melody during Black felt unbelievable. Even though I'm not a religios man it felt somehow like a religious moment. I was so filled with happy emotions and it felt so good to experience it.

I enjoyed every song and I think the setlist suited my needs for my first Pearl Jam concert better that I could have imagined. Of course it would have been great to hear songs like Release and Nothingman but I am 100% sure that this was not my last Pearl Jam show. I am quite sure that Pearl Jam will play Stockholm when they do their next European tour. (Hopefully also Helsinki, Finland).

The whole show felt like a big celebration and like the newspapers wrote it felt like the crowd was a big happy family. The atmospehere was so great during the whole show, especially during the last three songs (Alive, RITFW and Ledbetter). I was in heaven for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Thank you Pear Jam! I love you!
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    dwhite76 wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:
    They played 8 out of 11 songs off Ten. Only left off Oceans,Deep,Release.

8 Ten
    5 Backspacer
    5 Yield
    2 Vitalogy
    2 Riot Act
    1 Vs
    1 Self Titled
    000 No Code
    000 Binaural
    3 B Sides
    3 Covers
    2 Tags (save it for latter and Little wing)

Is this about right?

Any one who was at the show wish they played less of Ten and some thing off of No Code or RA? Or did the set list just work the way it was.
    most of the swedish people at the venue knew Ten album..u could see this how exited was during those songs..
    the biggest response was uring Jeremy/alive /black

So are you saying they are/ were fans way back in the day and dont care for the newer Pearl Jam songs? I mean my grandmother loves Evenflow but has no clue what Life Wasted sounds like. :lol:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    dwhite76 wrote:

most of the swedish people at the venue knew Ten album..u could see this how exited was during those songs..

So are you saying they are/ were fans way back in the day and dont care for the newer Pearl Jam songs? I mean my grandmother loves Evenflow but has no clue what Life Wasted sounds like. :lol:
    exactly!! :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
    dwhite76 wrote:

exactly!! :lol:

But then there is people like me wo knows Everything and don't care
    If its from Ten or Riot Act or Any other, hehe!!!!
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    I have to add to my story that it was really nice to read that so many of you who attended the Stockholm concert liked Off He Goes. I'm glad if I had some part in it ;) . But on the other hand Eddie could have included it in the setlist without my request...

I believe Eddie saw me in the crowd one or two songs after Off He Goes and he looked me in the eyes pointing at me and said I can see you or something like that. That was another purely magical moment :D:D:D . It might just be the picture titled "Hey you in the black t-shirt" that melbourneflower took (I was wearing a black Imagine in Cornice t-shirt): http://www.flickr.com/photos/59794835@N ... 0485034620
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    jmk wrote:
    I have to add to my story that it was really nice to read that so many of you who attended the Stockholm concert liked Off He Goes. I'm glad if I had some part in it ;) . But on the other hand Eddie could have included it in the setlist without my request...

I believe Eddie saw me in the crowd one or two songs after Off He Goes and he looked me in the eyes pointing at me and said I can see you or something like that. That was another purely magical moment :D:D:D . It might just be the picture titled "Hey you in the black t-shirt" that melbourneflower took (I was wearing a black Imagine in Cornice t-shirt): http://www.flickr.com/photos/59794835@N ... 0485034620

What an experience! Wonderful story and magic weekend in Stockholm for you :-)
    Stockholm 2000, 2012, 2014
    Oslo 2014
    NYC (GCF) 2015
    NYC TOTD 2016
    Prague 2018
    Krakow 2018
    Berlin 2018
  • Options
    Sappy113Sappy113 Posts: 178
    jmk wrote:

Jonas, that's such a fucking cool experience, man! :D. I love reading tour stories like this, especially related to shows I was at. I vividly remember Ed dedicating Off He Goes to you (and travelling fans), since I love to travel to see this band and I LOVE the atmosphere of the towns PJ play in, with PJ fans coming in from all over the place. Shows itself in the small things as well.

Day of the gig, I was walking along the canals with my family, just chilling, we spot another dude in a PJ shirt. I look at him, he looks at me (both in PJ shirts) and we both just break into huge smiles. Mom-in-law asked my wife if I knew the guy. "No", she replied. "That's just the atmosphere between fans when Pearl Jam is in town". Awesome!
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 278
    These stories are great as I attended the Stockholm gig and the crowd were amazing. Jonas, I am really glad your first PJ concert turned out so well 8-)
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    Jonas, I´m happy to have read your beautiful story! What an experience! This was my first PJ gig too, and I remember being really curious of this "Johan" when Eddie dedicated the song to him (you!) - it seemed to me that this meeting Eddie had had was something significant and now he wanted to give something back - as to dedicate a song to you. Thanks for sharing this!! I was sorry to hear that Eddie said that his back was still hurting, and I hope that soon, he´ll get rid of that pain.

Take care and let´s hope PJ will come back very, very soon! After the 7th of July, they know for sure that they are loved here. (I loved Eddie´s joke about how they should do an "All Sweden Tour" sometime :lol::lol: )
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    Thanks to everyone who wrote in reply to the experiences of my first Pearl Jam concert day. That day sure was one of the greatest in my life along with the days my two children were born and my wedding day. I really feel part of the pj fan community in a different way after this...
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    It's fun reading all your stories about the evening. I was so happy Eddie mentioned the Kool Kat Club, since I was there that night. Sadly it's been turned into offices now, it's a great place for a club. So no, it didn't sink :D

My finest moment was when we in the audience were going du-ru-ru-tu-du-ru-ru and Eddie was singing "we belong...we belong together". Brilliant show, hope they come back soon.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    mipmip Posts: 33
    After some problems with the new site I can finally post my thoughts of the my first Pearl Jam concert.

I've been watining for this concert since 2000 and it was an AMAZING show! Couldn't be happie,r I still gets goosebumps thinking about it. I think the setlist was great!! Love to get to hear Crazy Mary!

When they started playing RITFW with the houselight on I thought that we maybe shouldn't get YL but I'm happy they did. I've been to alot of concert at the Globe Arena and I can't think I've ever experienced such an atmosphere with the crowd. Everybody was standing as I could se and rocking och singing along. I got the feeling that the band were abit surprised about the crowd and seemed very happy.

Can't wait to get the bootleg of this!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Fab story JMK. :)
    + I love this story:
    Sappy113 wrote:
    Day of the gig, I was walking along the canals with my family, just chilling, we spot another dude in a PJ shirt. I look at him, he looks at me (both in PJ shirts) and we both just break into huge smiles. Mom-in-law asked my wife if I knew the guy. "No", she replied. "That's just the atmosphere between fans when Pearl Jam is in town". Awesome!
    It explains it so well & is so true. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Since this is the official place for fanviews - here is a link to my combo fanview: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=192567
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Unfortunately I got to the venue late in Stockholm, and didn't manage to get one of these t-shirts.
    If anyone got a MEDIUM or LARGE and would be willing to part with it, please PM me...
    It is the only one I'm missing from the shows I attended...
    Thanks!!

523453_10150901378191479_811114393_n.jpg
  • Options
    Ooohhh I´m wearing that t-shirt today ..size small. ;):mrgreen:

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    wishlisa76 wrote:
    Ooohhh I´m wearing that t-shirt today ..size small. ;):mrgreen:

:lolno:
    I would wear it every day if I had it.... :D
    :roll:
  • Options
    I don´t want to wear it out. ;)

• Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    Unfortunately I got to the venue late in Stockholm, and didn't manage to get one of these t-shirts.
    If anyone got a MEDIUM or LARGE and would be willing to part with it, please PM me...
    It is the only one I'm missing from the shows I attended...
    Thanks!!

523453_10150901378191479_811114393_n.jpg

+1 in Large
    It would be much appreciated !!
    :D
  • Options
    I regret to say, I didn´t get one at the arena. I reget it! Medium anyone? And it was my hometown as well, am I stupid or what?
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • Options
    PJ Sweden wrote:
    I regret to say, I didn´t get one at the arena. I reget it! Medium anyone? And it was my hometown as well, am I stupid or what?
    Slow? ;-) Sorry, I also got only the red one... I love it though!
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,294
    The Concert of decades in Stockholm, as a news magazine called it. The show got 5 out of 5 in the three main news papers in Sweden. Dagens Nyheter, Aftonbladet & Expressen.

Finally Sweden got to witness why I love PJ :D
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    It was brilliant! I've been telling people we got 30+ songs in almost three hours and they almost find it hard to believe, and that of course isn't the only thing brilliant with this gig.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    also looking for one of thease t shirts, medium or small!! pm me if ya got one for sale ;)

cheers
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    The bootleg will soon be here!! :thumbup:

I think about this concert a lot, as it was my first PJ show. I remember the moment when the guys came out on stage. I didn´t scream, I didn´t cry, I didn´t ... anything. I was just starring. :shock: :shock: I just couldn´t believe it! And then Eddie started singing, and hearing his voice live for the first time ... that was unreal. His voice was better than ever, it sounded better live. Everyone started singing along after 2 seconds ...

Second song was Corduroy and that was when my chock disappeared and I went totally crazy. It was like being in paradise for 3 hours and it felt like the 14 000 others were there with me, including PJ. Even the guy who sold snacks and beer started jumping around like crazy towards the end. :lol: The Globe Arena could have lifted and flown away and nobody would have noticed. It probably did.

This video captures the beginning very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2a1BBGSQY

:corn:

My impression was that PJ didn´t know what they could expect from Sweden. So they did their best, and it didn´t take long for them to realize that they were very, VERY welcome. The air was thick with love. I love it how you can see Boom smiling in the back when everyone starts singing. The love was massive! And they gave everything back to us.

I just have to see them again.

• Options
    wishlisa76 wrote:

I think about this concert a lot, as it was my first PJ show. I remember the moment when the guys came out on stage. I didn´t scream, I didn´t cry, I didn´t ... anything. I was just starring. :shock: :shock: I just couldn´t believe it! And then Eddie started singing, and hearing his voice live for the first time ... that was unreal. His voice was better than ever, it sounded better live. Everyone started singing along after 2 seconds ...

Second song was Corduroy and that was when my chock disappeared and I went totally crazy. It was like being in paradise for 3 hours and it felt like the 14 000 others were there with me, including PJ. Even the guy who sold snacks and beer started jumping around like crazy towards the end. :lol: The Globe Arena could have lifted and flown away and nobody would have noticed. It probably did.

My impression was that PJ didn´t know what they could expect from Sweden. So they did their best, and it didn´t take long for them to realize that they were very, VERY welcome. The air was thick with love. I love it how you can see Boom smiling in the back when everyone starts singing. The love was massive! And they gave everything back to us.

I'm really looking forward to it, 3 more weeks to go & finally we'll be able to re-experience that fantastic concert! :D Thanks for posting the video, oh I got goose bumps all over my body watching it. And yeah, Eddie was really enjoying the moment, connecting to the crowd, I love his smile of joy looking at the audience. Thanks whishlisa! :)
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    wishlisa76 wrote:

Fabulous response Lisa. I think you put it brilliantly, how it feels to be there & yep, not long until we hear the bootleg. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    That Stockholm t-shirt - I love mine so much that I told my gf to wash it VERY carefully :lol: . So I don't wear it much.
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    wishlisa76 wrote:

Fabulous response Lisa. I think you put it brilliantly, how it feels to be there & yep, not long until we hear the bootleg. :)

Yes Giventofly and Morello, this was a crazy, crazy night, filled with love and music! I think next time I´ll enjoy it with you and all the PJ fans even more!!! :D Let´s hope the bootleg is here soon and we can enjoy it. Can´t wait!! :lol: