Options

*** Stockholm Fanviews Here 7/7/12 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,933
edited October 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Ericsson Globe
Stockholm, SW
July 07, 2012

Set List:
01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
02. Corduroy
03. Got Some
04. Why Go
Ed addresses the crowd in Swedish. He then asks them in English "..if everyone is doing okay? and you are having problems to raise you hand and we will find you. This next song is about the ocean when it is calm"
05. Amongst The Waves
06. Wishlist
07. Given To Fly
08. Comatose
09. Even Flow
10. World Wide Suicide
Ed says "about 20 years ago we played a place called the Koolkat Klub. It was about the size from me to Mike. I don't think it is there anymore. I think it sunk. This is a song that I think we played there."
11. Garden
Ed says-"that song is in our, my opinion written by one of the great songwriters, Mr. Stone Gossard." The crowd chants "Stone" and "let Stone Sing" Ed replies, "believe me I tried, I tried to get him to sing. So get in line behind me." He then introduces the next song by saying, "This is by another great song writer, Ray Davies. We've only played it once before, It's song about hope and it's called "Better Things"
12. Better Things-(Ray Davies) {Ed plays tambourine during the chorus}
13. Unthought Known
14. All Those Yesterdays
(During the outro the audience sings along and waves their arms back and forth. After the song Ed says, "Thanks, you made the end of that song look beautiful. This next song is about mechanics, doctors, which I've seen a few lately and drum techs. It is called "The Fixer")
15. The Fixer
16. 1/2 Full (Ed uses reflective pick guard on a guitar to shine light on the audience)
17. Jeremy

Encore Break
(Ed thanks the audience for being so appreciative and that if they had known they would have come back sooner. He says the next song is for Johan (sp) and all the world travelers.)
18. Off He Goes
Ed says they are grateful the special friends they have here and they don't get to see them very often. He dedicates the next song to them and any newlyweds they might know.
19. Just Breathe
20. State Of Love And Trust
21. Do The Evolution
Ed introduces Boom, who has never played Stockholm before
22. Love, Reign O'er Me-(Townshend)
23. Porch

Encore Break 2
(Ed says "Thank you" in Swedish, He introduces the band in Swedish. "you guys have been so great I don't think it will be 12 years before we come back. If you are listening to the bootleg now you should see what I am seeing." He thanks X for playing with them and how much they love X. He thanks the crew. It is two crew members birthday and Ed insists they get on stage right now. They then sing "Happy Birthday" to crew members. He thanks the crowd and says they are the best of all for coming.)
24. Once
25. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) (Ed says-"you sing" and the audience sings the first verse and chorus with only a few words by Ed)
26. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
27. Black
28. Alive
29. Rockin' In The Free World-(Young) {John Doe & Krissy join the band onstage}
30. Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing-(Jimi Hendrix)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

X: Set List
01. Your Phone's Off The Hook But You're Not
02. House I Call Home
03. Desperate
04. Some Other Time
05. Blue Spark
06. Beyond & Back
07. Los Angeles
08. Year 1
09. Sugar Light
10. Nausea
11. Poor Girl
12. Because I Do
13. New World w/ Mike McCready
14. Johny Hit & Run Pauline
15. Soul Kitchen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    13. New World w/ Mike McCready

:o:o:o
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    Nice set, 'All Those Yesterday's' :o
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    Nice set, 'All Those Yesterday's' :o
    +1 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    mcgazmatazzmcgazmatazz Ireland Posts: 5
    My buddy just called me from the gig-Speechless! Was there a girl on stage during the set from the crowd?! lol, HELP!!
  • Options
    Not the most exciting set for the purists, on paper.

But.

Sometimes it's not about paper.

The atmosphere was electric and the band were loving it tonight. Anyone who complains about the 12 song encores (with the lights up for the last two) is insane!

Amazing performance, I was privileged to see it.

P.S. it was my girlfriends first PJ gig, and judging by her reaction it won't be her last!
    London O2 2009 - Manchester MEN 2012 - Stockholm Globe 2012 - Leeds Arena 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl 2014 - London Apollo 2017 (EV) - Prague O2 Arena 2018 - London O2 2018 - Dana Point CA, 2019 (EV) - London Hyde Park 2020 - Krakow Arena  2020?
  • Options
    CM238471CM238471 Posts: 1
    My wife and I went to our first show in Europe today in Stockholm -- It was amazing! So much energy!

Anyone know what Eddie said in Swedish?
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    edited July 2012
    What a Show, such energy. The band was on fire tonight. 30 songs and 3h show, wow!
    Post edited by WhyNotSweden on
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Thanks for the phone call, Adam! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 554
    Great show!!! “All those yesterdays“, “Garden“, “Off he goes“ were premieres for me...the audience was really great...high energy level and no probs standing in 4th row on Mikes side...yay! ... I have to tell you one funny thing I saw during YL - after Mike played the short solo in the middle of the song he went to the middle of the stage where Stone and Jeff were joking around. Jeff said something and had to reply it for Mike and I could read it from his lips (twice then)...he said “best solo ever“, laughed and obviously made fun of him :lol:
    # 2000: Hamburg # 2006: Berlin # 2007: Munich * Dusseldorf # 2009: Berlin * Manchester * London # 2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin # 2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen # 2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2 # EV 2017: Berlin ____  * 2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin # 2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Great crowd, awesome show, I'm soooooooo happy!
    Got married yesterday and got to see the best show ever today, thanks to everyone for making this an unforgettable night!

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    AnarionKingAnarionKing Posts: 170
    CM238471 wrote:
    My wife and I went to our first show in Europe today in Stockholm -- It was amazing! So much energy!

"I can't believe it's been 12 years. You should have called us". Something like that :-)

Amazing show and the people on the floor were spectacular. It must have been exhausting for those close to the stage :-)
  • Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    Eddie was a bit tipsy... Haa. Very fun show!!
  • Options
    moonandstarsmoonandstars UK Posts: 50
    I didn't honestly think anything could top double Manchester but I couldn't have been more wrong. For the 10c early entry spot in the second row I sacrificed food (last ate at 10am) cigarettes for 6 hours and water (other than little sips from security) and so glad I did. That show was out of this world. Atmosphere was incredible and I have waited a very long time to hear Crazy Mary live. First heard it in about 1994 on a bootleg bought off a man with a suitcase in Camden market and its been my favourite song ever since. I actually cried when they played it. Icing on the cake was when Ed came over to our little corner during Alive and looked each of us in the eyes and smiled. Its my 33rd birthday on Thursday and couldn't ask for a better present than that. Thank you Pearl Jam :) Respect to my husband who only likes dance music but went through all that with me without a grumble.
    28/10/1996 - Wembley Arena, London
    20/06/2012 + 21/06/2012 - Manchester Arena
    07/07/2012 - Ericsson Globe Arena, Stockholm
    30/07/2012 + 31/07/2012 - EV solo - Hammersmith Apollo, London
    08/07/2014 - First Direct Arena - Leeds
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 278
    This show was amazing. Got in the queue for early entry at 5pm and was rewarded with a good view and the set list for me personally was awesome as I heard everything I wanted to hear :) oh could barely walk afterwards :lol:
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    Sounds like this show was all about the atmosphere. I've been a part of phenomenal crowds, so i'm really happy for all in attendance that the atmosphere and electricity made this show special :)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    hensodhensod Posts: 192
    CM238471 wrote:

"I can't believe it's been 12 years. You should have called us". Something like that :-)

Amazing show and the people on the floor were spectacular. It must have been exhausting for those close to the stage :-)

Also something like this "you look even better now"

Loved the energy in the globe, this was my final stop on the tour and I like to say thank you to all amazing ppl we met in Prague, copenhagen (chris Cornell) and Berlin. The only bad thing in Stockholm was the long persons infront of me and the assgole trying to first hold me down and then strangle me..
    ISO, vinyl: Avocado, Binural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Benny
  • Options
    pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 631
    Wow, looks like a great set-list and an amazing atmosphere. I enjoy reading the information between the songs. Thank you Sea, and all the relayers. I'm able to play back the concert in my mind. That will have to do, for now. I'm jealous, I hope you all had an amazing time.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    sweetspotsweetspot Posts: 76
    Here is our photo review of the Stockholm show -- why was everyone sitting in Section B6?

http://www.6000footdrop.com/6000-foot-d ... nican.html
  • Options
    Wow Great setlist

Just watched all those yesterdays, sounded pretty fucking good :D:D:D:D

You lucky lucky bastards
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Sitting at the airport waiting to fly out of Stockholm... One of the great experiences I will never forget... the circle of friends during YL was a drea´m come true... now i know why people come to see PJ in Europe...

Great seeing all my friends and can't wait to do it again...

Tak
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    cmulercmuler Posts: 19
    anyone happen to get an extra stockholm shirt, really hopeful I can still find one :o:o
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    I have no words...

Here's a great review from swedish paper Aftonbladet. Translated w/ Google:

Everything degenerates into a crazy giant party

Pearl Jam play like demons and make the audience feel like a big family
    The Globe, Stockholm, July 7, 2012.
    Something happened there.
    Something really big.
    Go past one of the restaurants outside the arena before the concert begins.
    Sing to "Alive" both indoors and outside on the terrace almost gets the windows to explode.
    And it is about a paltry 50 or 60 people who scream themselves red in the face.
    Add over 13 000 like-minded fools and push them in the Globe and see what happens.
    This hands. It is here.
    Twelve years ago occurred Pearl Jam at the Maritime Museum in Stockholm. They have not been in Sweden since then.
    I saw and reviewed the show. It was, whatever you say two plus.
    But Pearl Jam at the Globe is one of those concerts that one for years could only read about in American music magazines.
    Feels sincerely
    Now I understand really why "Almost famous" - and "Singles"-director Cameron Crowe made a long and loving documentary about the band for their 20th anniversary.
    I think I could also begin to understand why Cameron loves them unconditionally and contraception.
    And then I still called Pearl Jam for the world's most boring band. You should as well make it as a critic. It belongs to.
    Many artists have devoted fans. But few others have cared for their audience with the same enduring respect and warmth that Pearl Jam. And for nearly three hours, it feels like a big family welcomes a bunch of lost siblings and relatives who have been missing in the battle for over a decade.
    I understand that the stage lights lit more on the audience than on the band. This is as much their concert, well, guitarist Stone Gossards.
    When other artists pay tribute to specific fans or receiving requests sometimes it appears that a well directed ploy. But when Eddie Vedder applaud the insistence of the example Johan from Finland in the first encore, it feels sincere and from the heart.
    Emotional climax
    The dark cloud of the disaster in Roskilde are still there. The Eddie Vedder dedicates "Just breathe" to the band's Swedish friends Ebbe and Bridget who lost her son on that awful night in Denmark ... it is an emotional climax that can not be measured in petty things like ratings and decibels.
    Pearl Jam deserves the gigantic - gigantic - response.
    They play like demons. It is both furious and soul-charged appearance foam at the mouth and spitting blood. Deathly pale album tracks turn into powerserenader, empty minor riff on the album resurrected from the dead. The group will even get away with a Kinks-cover ("Better things").
    Everything is not perfect. Certainly there are tepid numbers with a beginning, a middle and an end and not much more. And yes, Pearl Jam jams sometimes the most long-haired sleeping pills from the 70's (hey, Deep Purple!).
    But that's not what you remember.
    You remember "Jeremy" and all the amazing encore that follow - arenakillern "Alive" is among the absolute best I've seen. And you remember how it all turns into a giant house party at the "Rockin 'in the free world."
    Can not stop laughing
    All lights in the stadium lights. Eddie Vedder invites the audience to wine and smoke and break two tambourines. Guitarist Mike McCready released the instrument and filming the riots in the stands instead. Bassist Jeff Ament and drummer Matt Cameron can not stop laughing.
    These kinds of concerts can never be captured on Youtube or reproduced on various bootlegs. These kinds of nights will never come again.
    Markus Larsson
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Some random thoughts:

The crowd was indeed exceptionally energetic

Ed's dance during the Fixer: was that choreography? Those arms-- almost like Madonna

There are a LOT of tall stocky bald guys in Sweden.

Being mushed between those guys when they're jumping up and down is not the best way for me to enjoy a show. No more GA for me after this tour. (Thank God-- I mean, the 10c-- that I got seats for Missoula!)

The crowd went totally ape shit during Comatose.

Great to hear ATY!! Terrific gift!

Who did they bring up at the end? Stone's daughter??
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,248
    did Ed mention anything about it being the 1.000th show? or did he realizy that it wasn't

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    KompjaKompja Posts: 2
    For a fan from Finland after a long twelve year wait this was something exceptional .

Newer seen a crowd so energetic and the set list for a nineties fanboy was special to say the least.

I was one of the balky bold guys but still even for me the going got a bit tough at times.

All the songs from Ten and Crazy Mary plus State of Love and Trust these I will cherish to the end of times.

Copenhagen here we come!
  • Options
    jondu003jondu003 Posts: 85
    The show is getting excellent reviews in the swedish papers, and the critics are correct. It was an amazing show they delivered yesterday. The setlist wasn't really special, except for ATY, which was, as someone already mentioned, a beautiful gift to receive. But the energy in the room, very special, a bit reminiscent of last year's gig in Hamilton.

This was my 18th show and the first time I ever saw them in my hometown. Having been to a lot of other shows in Stockholm, me and my PJ-travelling buddy was a bit worried that the crowd would be below par, which is often the case in Stockholm. But there was no reason to worry, amazing crowd. It felt like the songs from Ten was especially well received, something the band seemed to pick up, playing 8 songs from the album.

I'm going to Oslo and Copenhagen also, let's see if the energy of Stockholm will be matched.
    2000: Roskilde
    2006: Sydney I,II,III
    2007: London, Copenhagen
    2008: MSG I,II
    2009: Manchester, London
    2010: London
    2011: Toronto I,II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Berlin I,II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
  • Options
    dnajammerdnajammer Posts: 8
    CM238471 wrote:

Was exhausting, we were 3rd row right in front of Ed, started out with a great group of people but a handful of true A-holes really messed it up for us. Cant imagine they are Tenclub members...no wrist bands. I ended up being trampled and hauled out of there. Otherwise, it was a great night, so glad we came here, but wont be doing front row in Oslo!!
    "I am myself, like you somehow"
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    edited July 2012
    They played 8 out of 11 songs off Ten. Only left off Oceans,Deep,Release.

8 Ten
    5 Backspacer
    5 Yield
    2 Vitalogy
    2 Riot Act
    1 Vs
    1 Self Titled
    000 No Code
    000 Binaural
    3 B Sides
    3 Covers
    2 Tags (save it for latter and Little wing)

Is this about right?
    Post edited by dwhite76 on
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...