Options

2012 American Idol!

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Nami wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Nami wrote:
    heejun should have went home last night. But i am torn as he is pushing everyones buttons.

pissed off randy, steven, and Tommy Hill... Oh well.

he is a funny kid and more entertaining than rest.
    I agree and I kind of liked his take on the song... it was good to see another side to him,
    he's been a little boring.

I felt bad for Erika... they cut her hair and dyed it black! If she is a natural-ish blonde
    that is a biggie. She took it well but that must have been difficult such a drastic formation.

And then she goes home! That's the kicker...

I think who is voting is a lot of very young kids and Erika is the oldest
    contestant so doesn't have the following of the others.

Mansion next week ... :D

I thought she did very good as well and did not deserve it. I guess deandre and heejun will be next anyways- just a matter of time. I see too that Colton guy is only in it because of the young teenage girls. I guess i have to accept it for what it is.. he made a mess of that song. I find myself asking the wife sometimes, do you think there is something wrong with the TV speakers because when the judges give their comments, its totally opposite of what we are thinking- ie colton. I found him pitchy and all over the place.

:lol:
    It a given for us too, our opinion rarely the same as the judges :lol:
    I agree with accepting AI for what it is. I think this why I'm not disappointed,
    it just is.

Funny about Colton's hair ... waiting to see it different then it was the same.

I really hope Phil Phillips can continue up against the couple of very talented ladies.
    His voice not as strong but I like it and him, just think he needs to work on varying the songs
    the performance seems the same each time.... the presentation, the same.

He has his style and it is gray ;):lol:
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    This show was a snorefest last night only saving grace was Skylar, and Sanchez, rest imo Sucked. Colton was ok but not as good as S&S.

Song choice is making it hard to watch lately and Lopez is too nice.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    This show was a snorefest last night only saving grace was Skylar, and Sanchez, rest imo Sucked. Colton was ok but not as good as S&S.

Song choice is making it hard to watch lately and Lopez is too nice.
    Oh I loved this I had to say f***- yeah! at the end :lol: I don't usually swear :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqdW4eEFcIM

Phillip is a living doll... his eyes are so lovely, just sweet, they got a jacket on him! :D
    but that Cocker electric that runs through his body when he performs, I love that
    I might have to go to the live show after we haven't for many years just to see him!

I'd like to see Joshua, Phillip and Colton in the end, they are my favorites.
    The ladies don't seem as consistent and I have always preferred male voices,
    deeper the better.

I agree song choices are a bit sappy this year, we fast forward a bit through those
    we really don't care for.

Wonder who's leaving tonight?
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    My son was sad to see Colton go, me not so much.
    I was so glad it wasn't Phil (my favourite) or Joshua.
    Phil may only wear gray, and look the same for every performance, but I love his voice. I like a guy that can play guitar, and his shoulder scrunches and smile, make me smile. Last time I liked a contestant this much was the year David Cook won. I hope Phil can stick around. The competition is pretty tough though. The girls that are left can really sing.
  • Options
    guitar59 wrote:
    Phil may only wear gray, and look the same for every performance, but I love his voice. I like a guy that can play guitar, and his shoulder scrunches and smile, make me smile. Last time I liked a contestant this much was the year David Cook won. I hope Phil can stick around. The competition is pretty tough though. The girls that are left can really sing.
    oh, you sound like me, I feel exactly the same... boy he makes me smile!

I was a bit on pins and needles last night thinking it could be Phillip
    that would ruin it for me, it's too soon to say goodbye, I want a Joe Cocker song
    from him. :D He is so unique and feels that music head to toe!

I really thought it might be one of the girls thinking Colton had more of a fan base.

Joshua might win this, when I close my eyes and listen he has old school soul in his voice.
    I would love to see it between him and Phil in the end.

I'll be keeping everything crossed till then :lol:
  • Options
    guitar59 wrote:

That was the last season I voted was for David Cook --- he's been my favorite Idol so far, hands down.

I was sad to see Colton go last night. Liked that dude. Marched to his own drum. I dig that.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Options

That was the last season I voted was for David Cook --- he's been my favorite Idol so far, hands down.

I was sad to see Colton go last night. Liked that dude. Marched to his own drum. I dig that.
    I voted one year one time for a very cool rocker girl, one of the very first,
    she went home the next night.

I think I jinxed her :lol:
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

That happened to me with Michael Johns, voted once and then he went home dammit...remember that dude?? I LOVED HIM.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

That happened to me with Michael Johns, voted once and then he went home dammit...remember that dude?? I LOVED HIM.
    Oh had to pull up an image ... nice image ;) thanks for that!

I liked his style :D
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Some things should not be done on American Idol and Freddie Mercury/Queen is one of them. :fp:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Some things should not be done on American Idol and Freddie Mercury/Queen is one of them. :fp:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    that's funny and so true

Although Skylar, it was the first song I really enjoyed by her and a pretty song too,
    never heard that one before.
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    DS1119 wrote:

absolutly
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    funny how PP's did Dave Mathew's last night...not bad actually. Love the stone- great tune.

Found it funny last night Randy says to Elise not to sing unknown songs at this stage of the game but when PPs sings DMs he loves it...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    funny how PP's did Dave Mathew's last night...not bad actually. Love the stone- great tune.

Found it funny last night Randy says to Elise not to sing unknown songs at this stage of the game but when PPs sings DMs he loves it...
    Yea I agree ... the judges are like that every year. I feel for the contestants its confusing.

When Hollie got more emotional, which is what they have been saying
    she needed to do, then they said she went off key, poor thing can't win for nothin.
    Fine line I guess. I like her voice but that English accent in her speaking
    voice could do her in, she might be the next.

I can tell the judges are rooting for Phillip, me too! :D

I was sad to see Elise go, great rocker voice.
  • Options
    Agreed she has a good rocker voice. To be honest I see her and Phil doing the best after the show. more entertaining to watch..and listen. The rest are your typical music drones.
  • Options
    i youtubed the stone cover thing, and i havent listened to Before these crowded in awhile, but if someone was to play philip's version on the radio, i wouldnt be able to tell its a cover. he sounds pretty much exactly like dave
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    Agreed she has a good rocker voice. To be honest I see her and Phil doing the best after the show. more entertaining to watch..and listen. The rest are your typical music drones.
    What did you think of last years guy's performance I forget his name ... :oops: :lol:
    marketable or no? Not for me but maybe young teens

I guess they didn't want to let Casey perform :(

I like seeing the previous kids and what they are up to
  • Options
    i youtubed the stone cover thing, and i havent listened to Before these crowded in awhile, but if someone was to play philip's version on the radio, i wouldnt be able to tell its a cover. he sounds pretty much exactly like dave
    I will embarrass myself here and say I don't listen to Dave
    but I really like what Phillip did and that song.

I just listened through a couple times myself after reading your post,
    pretty song. I might have to check some Dave M out now.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,643
    he sounds pretty much exactly like dave

oh does he? :lol:
  • Options
    uh oh :lol::lol:
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Nami wrote:
    What did you think of last years guy's performance I forget his name ... :oops: :lol:

Stephano...
    Not my cup of tea but oh well theres an audience for everyone- def young girls. Casey wold have been better for sure...crazy nut he is...
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Nami wrote:

Stephano...
    Not my cup of tea but oh well theres an audience for everyone- def young girls. Casey wold have been better for sure...crazy nut he is...
    Yes Stephano ... He looked good I was surprised the judges didn't seem enthused,
    he was a favorite of Jennifer's too.
    I thought it was a little mean to have Casey right there but then introduce another performer :(
    hope they bring him back to sing.
    He was a nut but I loved that upright bass! 8-)
    Not many instruments this year come to think of it.
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    I'm glad Elise is gone. I didn't like her from the beginning. Like Colton, she seemed a bit cocky and she had a little bit of an attitude. The only song I ever liked that she did was Zeppelin.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    I'm glad Elise is gone. I didn't like her from the beginning. Like Colton, she seemed a bit cocky and she had a little bit of an attitude. The only song I ever liked that she did was Zeppelin.
    I see that too, seems some of the older contestants have that quality.
    I wonder if some are disappointed with the experience after wanting it since they
    were young. That's a big build up then wham reality ...
    might be let down and maybe there's some politics involved too.

Who's next? I'm thinking Hollie ...
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    I wonder if some are disappointed with the experience after wanting it since they

I think Hollie is definitely next. She is way too stiff on stage. Almost robotic. You gotta know how to command the stage. Although Skylar is great at that, she's just a stock country singer. I think Joshua, Phillip and Jessica all deserve to be there. Ever since Phillip did Usher's "You Got it Bad," I have a new love for him. He was always one of my favorites, but that song was phenomenal.

And on a side note, that new singer of Queen...WOW. I mean you can't compare him to Freddie Mercury, but he is damn near close! And looks oddly like him, it's uncanny. I totally called that too, I said in the beginning of the season that they should do a Queen week. I also said they should do a Bon Jovi week.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I don't watch this show but I have heard enough about Phillip Phillips from my aunt in Ga. o.m.g. Her grandson (my 2nd cousin) knows him, and she votes for him like 300 times every time she watches it. Maniacal. He is cute, though. :lol:
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

I think Hollie is definitely next. She is way too stiff on stage. Almost robotic. You gotta know how to command the stage. Although Skylar is great at that, she's just a stock country singer. I think Joshua, Phillip and Jessica all deserve to be there. Ever since Phillip did Usher's "You Got it Bad," I have a new love for him. He was always one of my favorites, but that song was phenomenal.

And on a side note, that new singer of Queen...WOW. I mean you can't compare him to Freddie Mercury, but he is damn near close! And looks oddly like him, it's uncanny. I totally called that too, I said in the beginning of the season that they should do a Queen week. I also said they should do a Bon Jovi week.
    You got it! hopefully 2 for 2 :D

I agree with it all though Jessica is not a favorite of mine, sometimes I have to turn down the TV
    volume :oops: Skylar might have more of a following than Jessica so America might keep her.
    I hope she branches out more and stretches her vocals and style.

We thought the lead singer for Queen revisited was great too ... big shoes to fill there!
  • Options
    It's funny, I never watched American Idol until last season when Steven Tyler became a judge. He is one of my most favorite people in the world. I was so excited to see him as a judge. I think he does alright, a bit soft on people, but I think the snarky, constant putting down of people thing is tired anyways. I seriously want his wardrobe over J-Lo's :lol:
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    edited April 2012
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    It's funny, I never watched American Idol until last season when Steven Tyler became a judge. He is one of my most favorite people in the world. I was so excited to see him as a judge. I think he does alright, a bit soft on people, but I think the snarky, constant putting down of people thing is tired anyways. I seriously want his wardrobe over J-Lo's :lol:
    Me too!!! :lol: I want his HAIR!!!!!!
    (it would also be nice to have him and Joe Perry together in a locked room for a couple hours, but, sorry, back to American Idol... )
    Post edited by EmBleve on
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Me too!!! :lol: I want his HAIR!!!!!!
    LOVE his hair! If I don't blow dry mine, I can get the style pretty much exact, with the help of some curling spray gel and hairspray :lol: