2012 American Idol!

124»

Comments

• Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    It's funny, I never watched American Idol until last season when Steven Tyler became a judge. He is one of my most favorite people in the world. I was so excited to see him as a judge. I think he does alright, a bit soft on people, but I think the snarky, constant putting down of people thing is tired anyways. I seriously want his wardrobe over J-Lo's :lol:
    Me too!!! :lol: I want his HAIR!!!!!!
    LOVE his hair! If I don't blow dry mine, I can get the style pretty much exact, with the help of some curling spray gel and hairspray :lol:
    :thumbup: I think I could get it if I didn't wash mine for 3 or 4 days. :lol:
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    EmBleve wrote:
    :thumbup: I think I could get it if I didn't wash mine for 3 or 4 days. :lol:
    :lol: Well that too...I do have a scarf collection that may possibly rival his :mrgreen:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Anyone catch yesterday's episode? I thought Jessica hit it right out of the park with her second solo song. Wow! She's only 16..I wasn't too impressed with her early on, even though technicaly she is a great singer, because it seemed like she just sang the same type of ballads. She can definitely sing different types of songs though and has a great voice when she switches it up a bit. I can see her becoming a great artist.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Better Dan wrote:
    Anyone catch yesterday's episode? I thought Jessica hit it right out of the park with her second solo song. Wow! She's only 16..I wasn't too impressed with her early on, even though technicaly she is a great singer, because it seemed like she just sang the same type of ballads. She can definitely sing different types of songs though and has a great voice when she switches it up a bit. I can see her becoming a great artist.
    She has a great future as a performer... born for it!
    but I don't know if I would listen, that old school blues was nice though.

For me each idol had one good song last night and one not so good
    funny huh?
    Phil, still I adore and need to get his stuff for home loved his second tune.

It's a toss up but maybe Hollie goes home tonight? It's sad this elimination cause they
    want to take idol to their home towns next week as the top three. :(
  • Options
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    So glad Phillip got through! I do think Joshua is extremely talented and I'm sure he'll get a deal. But Phillip absolutely won me over (again) with his Bob Seger....LOVED it! I hope he wins it all. :corn:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    I watch it mainly because my wife watches it, and i hope phillip wins it, as he has more than one style and tempo, and has a great husky voice, where the other two, have great voices, no doubt about that, but seem a bit one dimentional, and starting to bore me.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    04.gif
    yeah Phillip!!
    I agree loved his Seger cover...
    When Jessica went through my heart dropped, really thought it would be her and Joshua,
    not knowing what the voters thought of Phillip. He is bringing his game at the right time.
    Last year a southern boy won though so Jessica may take this.
    Either way I am buying his album!! :D

He is my favorite Idol of all time ...

Miss Lisa lovely and haunting as usual ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWxLaLj7 ... re=related
    diggin the new song off to get the cd today! I ain't seen nothin yet if I know Lisa Marie :D

And Adam... wow he is awesome! Handsome healthy and sounding better than ever!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Winner picked yet? totally stopped watching this.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    Winner picked yet? totally stopped watching this.
    Oh no ... sorry
    I've so enjoyed Phil this year, for me he has been a joy.

Phillip and Jessica final two ...
    next week it's decided
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    My aunt has persuaded me.. so GO PHILLIP!! :mrgreen: He's cool, good entertainer.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    it's all about family
  • Options
    It's been a journey for them all but a tough one for Phillip and his loved ones.
    His absence in the commercials I assume has meant he is more ill than is known.

He has grown so much... last night almost peaceful angelic with maybe a slightly devilish smile ;)

He is really appreciating this but even more so life and love! either way he is a winner! :D
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    I have mixed feeling about Philip going to the final. I don't want the idol folks to change him too much. The first single that the idol releases usually isn't my taste...and I don't want Philips first song to suck! I hope he can stay true to himself, as he has all season. I can't wait to hear him next week.

I love his voice and the way he performs, and he has been my fave all season. I have downloaded a lot of his songs from iTunes. I listen to Volcano at least once a day! This week's tunes were added to a playlist today!
  • Options
    guitar59 wrote:
    I have mixed feeling about Philip going to the final. I don't want the idol folks to change him too much. The first single that the idol releases usually isn't my taste...and I don't want Philips first song to suck! I hope he can stay true to himself, as he has all season. I can't wait to hear him next week.

I love his voice and the way he performs, and he has been my fave all season. I have downloaded a lot of his songs from iTunes. I listen to Volcano at least once a day! This week's tunes were added to a playlist today!
    We made a cd of his tunes on the show ...
    listened over the weekend 8-)

As I listened I thought about what Steven said
    about writing his own tunes and could be another Springsteen of this time.
    He does have it all and that little something extra too.

My opinion he is the best idol yet!

Can't wait to see what he does tomorrow night,
    he should have this on originality alone but you never know about the voters...

I really liked Adam and he didn't win, can't remember who did :?
    seems the runner-ups often better with more of a career.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Kris Allen won the year Adam came in second. I remember watching that season and Adam was my favourite. I also remember liking the way Kris Allen sang the idol song more than Adam's interpretation.

In many cases I think the artists that are voted off have better careers. I think they have more freedom to release an album that is closer to their style than the winner does. Of course Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are exceptions to this.

Can't wait to watch tonight's show!
  • Options
    guitar59 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Kris Allen won the year Adam came in second. I remember watching that season and Adam was my favourite. I also remember liking the way Kris Allen sang the idol song more than Adam's interpretation.

In many cases I think the artists that are voted off have better careers. I think they have more freedom to release an album that is closer to their style than the winner does. Of course Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are exceptions to this.

Can't wait to watch tonight's show!
    Yes Kris Allen, I did like his style ... laid back crooked smile?

We thought Phillip did great last night!
    love the song he is to release, it reminded me a little of a PJ/EV song :D

Not sure if he will win I think he should on creativity and originality.
    Jessica's song was not for me, not any she did last evening.
    We fast forwarded through a bit too :oops:

I agree often # 2 is very much more marketable, they are memorable in many ways.

At this point it matters not who wins...
    But I hope it is Phil Phillips! I will be buying his cd for sure!
  • Options
    I loved Phil's performances last night and even enjoyed his Idol Song. I think it was better than Jessica's by far. She is great, but not really my taste.

Very happy with the results tonight!

I am looking forward to Phil's record!
  • Options
    guitar59 wrote:
    I loved Phil's performances last night and even enjoyed his Idol Song. I think it was better than Jessica's by far. She is great, but not really my taste.

Very happy with the results tonight!

I am looking forward to Phil's record!

smilie_girl_149.gif

Me too!
    on all counts! so very happy for Phillip and his family! :D

that singing the phone book :lol: well done

I love Idol finale shows and John Fogerty forever wonderful! Really enjoyed that duet. :clap: