What is proper fence etiquette with your neighbor?

1234568»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    bionicamy wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    heres a different perspective on a "thing" My dog is a digger. Likes to get under the fence. Not really fucking up the fence , but the ground on either side of said fence has seen better days in spots. Now thi=e issue is our neighbors to the left have moved and are trying to sell their house. There are now three spots where cleo has dug a hole big enough to get her 60lb self through. What am I suppsed to do here other than put the dirt back and block her access to those areas?

I have a digger too.... You could try putting a large paver or block down in the hole before you fill em to block those spaces.

Mine was digging under our deck for a mole or chipmunk and this stopped her.

oh, we stopped our dog from digging by filling the hole with his own poop, then filling in the rest with dirt. You can also fill the hole back in, then lay out some hardware cloth or chicken wire, stake it down, cover with more dirt (about an inch thick), and lay the sod over. They can't dig thru the wire. :thumbup:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i woudl not use railroad ties. :?
    retaining wall?

not really...unless you plan to replace it in about 20 years...it's wood and will rot
    then the jeagler needs giant rock and concrete baricade blocks. http://www.redi-rock.com/engineers-land ... system.htm

nice slide show of engineered retaining walls
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    http://www.redi-rock.com/engineers-land ... system.htm

jeagler might wanna need to erect a creek through his yard surrounded by a brick wall and fence.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    bionicamy wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    heres a different perspective on a "thing" My dog is a digger. Likes to get under the fence. Not really fucking up the fence , but the ground on either side of said fence has seen better days in spots. Now thi=e issue is our neighbors to the left have moved and are trying to sell their house. There are now three spots where cleo has dug a hole big enough to get her 60lb self through. What am I suppsed to do here other than put the dirt back and block her access to those areas?

I have a digger too.... You could try putting a large paver or block down in the hole before you fill em to block those spaces.

Mine was digging under our deck for a mole or chipmunk and this stopped her.

oh, we stopped our dog from digging by filling the hole with his own poop, then filling in the rest with dirt. You can also fill the hole back in, then lay out some hardware cloth or chicken wire, stake it down, cover with more dirt (about an inch thick), and lay the sod over. They can't dig thru the wire. :thumbup:

I never heard of the poop thing but I have another dog that is a poop eater so we just try to make sure it is picked up ASAP. :?

I have thought about chicken wire but I was afraid she would hurt herself when she dug down to it. Mine would try to chew on it. :lol: a jack russell is like having a toddler.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    chadwick wrote:
    http://www.redi-rock.com/engineers-landscape-architects-build-retaining-wall-large-block-system.htm

jeagler might wanna need to erect a creek through his yard surrounded by a brick wall and fence.

a moat. yes. this is a fantastic idea
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    bionicamy wrote:

I never heard of the poop thing but I have another dog that is a poop eater so we just try to make sure it is picked up ASAP. :?

I have thought about chicken wire but I was afraid she would hurt herself when she dug down to it. Mine would try to chew on it. :lol: a jack russell is like having a toddler.

hardware cloth is a thicker gauge wire, if you stake it down good, she "shouldn't" be able to chew it...but I guess your best solution is to get her her own sand box to dig in...or you have to find an activity for her, (flyball, agility etc) JRTs are working dogs, they tend to get ornery and destructive when they get bored.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    bionicamy wrote:

hardware cloth is a thicker gauge wire, if you stake it down good, she "shouldn't" be able to chew it...but I guess your best solution is to get her her own sand box to dig in...or you have to find an activity for her, (flyball, agility etc) JRTs are working dogs, they tend to get ornery and destructive when they get bored.

I'm all for fences great for privacy keeping puppies in and neighbors out...

I've been lucky she hasn't bothered digging at our fence... Only seems to want to dig up other animals homes she might come across but is a trait to these pups. I have also found she can't break baby toys as easy as dog toys... Crush the squeakers or rip them open to pull the stuffing out... Simple toys for 0 to 9 month are the best.

I always wanted to get her into the JRTCA racing events....where they chase the lure, winner is first one through the hole.
    She would be a beast at that....so I do fence checks often so we don't have an unofficial event at my house ;)
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    81 wrote:
    i can't see myself driving around asking for unused pavers

craigslist has some...90 sq ft for $150

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures ... gslist+Ad/
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

I've sold one thing in my life on craigslist and it was exactly like that....."would you trade for a _____ ?; give me an account # and I'll wire the money; etc, etc, etc." :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm with the pipe smoker on this one. Funny shit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    son of a bitch :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
    having problems, sir?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce