Donations=Sealed Benny Vinyl Giveaway!!!

3days3days Posts: 1,151
edited March 2012 in The Porch
I wanted to thank everybody for the donations, and for doing a really cool thing overall. Lots of people have shown me kindness, but truthfully the credit goes to all of you. It would appear that over $2,000 went to some great causes. I know that many people donated more than the minimum, so I wouldn't be surprised if the number was considerably larger. Thank you so much for that.

Hopefully, we can do this again sometime soon...

Thanks!

Congratulations to DJ253147, the winner of the PJ20 Billboard poster!!!

Congratulations to your move now, the winner of the sealed vinyl copy of Pearl Jam Live at Benaroya Hall!!!
Still waiting on confimation from the winner of the PJ20 Billboard Poster... more to follow...

***Polls are closed, winners have been drawn, more to follow***

***A runner-up prize has been donated as of 01/29/12. The 2nd name drawn will recieve a PJ20 Billboard Poster by MunkOne/Maxx242. Same rules apply for both prizes. Donations previously made for the vinyl will also be eligible for the poster.***

Hey Everybody,

Sorry this is so late, but I've been busier than expected since the holidays rolled by...

In the charitable spirit of the band, 10C, and the many great people making a positive impact around here, I'm pleased to announce another giveaway! Enter here for your chance to win a SEALED, LIMITED EDITION, VINYL copy of PEARL JAM LIVE AT BENAROYA HALL!!! The vinyl set is genuine and numbered out of 2000. Shipping will be free, and all international enteries are welcome.

To enter, all you have to do is:

1. Make a $10 or more donation to ANY charitable organization that you see fit between NOW and 12am central time February 14, 2012...

2. Post the name of the organization on THIS thread (one donation per post)...

3. Be able to provide credible proof (receipt, link.. etc) of donation made between NOW and 12am central time February 14, 2012.

Here's how it will work: Each post/donation will be numbered by me. On February 14, 2012, all numbers will go into a hat (or other suitable receptacle). A winner will be drawn. I will contact the winner via pm to establish proof of donation and shipping address, and then announce the winner on this thread. Please read the rules to avoid disqualification...

Rules:

1. One post per $10 or more charitable donation made between NOW and 12am central time February 14, 2012. Multiple entries are welcome, but each individual post/entry MUST be representative of an individual donation (winner MUST account for ALL of his or her donations posted on this thread).

2. Posts MUST be made on THIS thread, and MUST include the name of the charitable organization that you donated to. Please DO NOT post any $ amounts, receipts, or personal info on this thread. If you'd like to shine a little light on the organization(s) that you choose, that's totally cool.

3. The winner MUST be able to provide credible proof of donation(s) made between NOW and 12am central time February 14, 2012. I will contact the winner after the drawing to establish proof of said donation(s).

4. DO NOT pm your entry. Again, posts must be made on THIS thread.

5. Any breach of the rules will result in disqualification, and an alternate winner being drawn.

Thank you for reading, thank you for donating, and thank you for helping to make things better for others... Cheers and GOOD LUCK!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    WOW!! Very generous of you.

Donated to Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York and Western New York. Thanks for the chance :D
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    This is an awesome contest, I will be donating. Just need to decide who :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Wow!! Great gesture! I take my hat off to you for this. I never ceases to astound me the lengths people go to for good causes on this forum. I'll have to give this some thought and post again once I've donated... :clap:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,669
    AMAZING contest man!!!! :D
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    veddertown wrote:
    I'll have to give this some thought and post again once I've donated... :clap:

same here...might go local this time around
    aqo2t.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    edited January 2012
    Nice!! I'm going to donate to the North Texas chapter of the ALS association!! :D

Thanks for doing this, 3days!!!
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    Seriously cool charity giveaway :thumbup:
    Just donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Western NY.
    Cheers!
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Oh wow, what a great competition....Don't need to think who I'm going to donate to.

In support of my husband and Mike, I'm going to donate to the Crohn's & Colitis association of Australia....

Tracey
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    This is wonderful.

Donation made to the American Humane Association.

Thanks for doing this!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thank you for the opportunity and for your genorosity.

Donation made to the British Heart Foundation in memory of my nephew.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    awesome giveaway!!!

donated to Walk Now for Autism Speaks: Long Island
  • wow... and what a great way to raise money for so many needy organizations.
    By pure conincidence just donated to Australias National Jockeys Trust, which raises money for permanently injured jockeys or for the families of those who die from falls there's currently a project running to raise 5 million, but unfortunately the racing ministers 'seem to only be interested in spending money if it will also make money
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    Wow...ill definately be making donations. Great idea...this should take off like wildfire! I say extend the date and let's make benny go for $50,000...... ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • really great idea...will both donate to enter, and share on the StatTracker FBook and Twitter. Hope you raise a bazillion dollars.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    What an awesome and generous idea! I have donated to the Animal Welfare League Australia. Thanks for doing this. :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Does it still count if I donated to a charitable cause yesterday? If so, I donated to the Lance Armstrong Foundation.
  • Just donated to Sentinels of Freedom Here is what the program is all about. Please read and donate. I was the first Sentinel as well.

Dear Friends of the Sentinels of Freedom Scholarship Foundation,
    We're very happy to to hear from you and thank you for your support of our wounded and injured members of the United States Armed Forces.
    Some of you can do big things to assist us, some can do little things. All of it is good. If you add up the potential results that come from working together it's amazing what we can accomplish by putting the pieces together.
    We maintain a as low as possible overhead and use the American Institute of Philanthropy as our guideline. We don't mass mail, sell T-shirts or coffee cups. You most probably won't see us on Oprah or promoting Rock Concerts. As Quite Professionals" we just ask honorably for help in completing our vital mission from those who have the same Ethos as we do.
    We believe it's not just the governments responsibility to help our wounded and injured troops but each individual and corporation also has to look at their own responsibility in this national issue.
    Since the beginning of this nation we have had men and women, young and old willing to stand up and protect our way of life through their selfless service in our Armed Forces.
    They have grown up in our communities, gone to our schools, played on our ball fields, attended our churches. When they come home broken and bent we can do more that say " It's the governments responsibility".
    Any educated person can draw a direct line to our quality of life and that of those who serve us in our military. Simply put, it is an undeniable fact that without them we would not have a government, corporations, communities or the freedoms we enjoy today.
    The VA and Military do an outstanding job but they simply can't do what we can to assist those who have sacrificed for us when they return home. We bridge that gap.
    Your donation in any amount, or your involvemnt in spreading the word about Sentinels of Freedom is greatly appreciated by us and the recipients of this very honorable program.
    Thank you and God bless you for your help. Sleep well tonight with the knowledge that these great members of our American Armed Forces maintain a constant vigilance guarding and protecting us as this nations Sentinels of Freedom.
    2010: Mountain View, CA (10/23)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3-9/4)
    2012: Missoula, MT (09/30) - San Francisco, CA (10/03)
    2013: Chicago, Ill (07/19) - Los Angeles (11/23 - 11/24) - Oakland (11/26) - Portland (11/29) - Spokane (11/30) - Seattle (12/06)
  • Awesome!

Donated to Children's Miracle Network.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • My 2nd donation to the Sentinels of Freedom
    2013: Chicago, Ill (07/19) - Los Angeles (11/23 - 11/24) - Oakland (11/26) - Portland (11/29) - Spokane (11/30) - Seattle (12/06)
  • Made a 3rd donation to the Sentinels of Freedom
  • LandojamLandojam Posts: 163
    doctors without borders
    http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
    07/22/92 -Bremerton, WA (Lollapalooza) 09/05/93 - George, WA
    12/08/93 - Seattle Center Arena: Seattle, WA 09/16/96 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    07/21/98 07/22/98- Memorial Stadium: Seattle, WA 11/05/00 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    10/22/01 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA (Groundwork 2001 Benefit)
    12/09/02 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA 03/18/05 – Paramount Theater, Seattle, WA
    07/22/06 –George, WA,
    09/21/09 09/22/09 - Key Arena, Seattle, WA
    09/03/11 09/04/11 Alpine Valley
    12/6/2013 Key Arena, Seattle, WA
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,992
    BLACK35 wrote:
    This is an awesome contest, I will be donating. Just need to decide who :)
    +1
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Does it still count if I donated to a charitable cause yesterday? If so, I donated to the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

As per the rules, the donation has to be made no earlier than my original post, and no later than midnight central time on February 14, 2012. Glad to hear about people donating, but donations have to be made within the time frame to keep things fair for all.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    awesome..great motive for people do something good
    thanks for the chance and good luck to all,,,need to deside where to donate.. :)
    thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    Great idea! I went with SIDS & Kids Foundation.
  • SturgoSturgo Posts: 89
    The AHA Foundation

http://theahafoundation.org/
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Awesome.

Made a donation to The Wishlist Foundation.
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Awesome giveaway, OP! I'm sure I'll be participating...just need to decide on the organization. Thanks for the opportunity! :D
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Great idea and very, very generous.

Donated to Make-A-Wish.
  • landolando Posts: 661
    Made a donation to the local SPCA
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11