Options

Donations=Sealed Benny Vinyl Giveaway!!!

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Donation made to THON and The Four Diamonds Fund

www.thon.org
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
  • Options
    Made another donation to Worldvision.org

Thanks again for the opportunity at this. All for a good cause. Great community we have here.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    edited January 2012
    Made a donation to The Wishlist Foundation. The only donate link I found that worked was through eBay.

http://donations.ebay.com/charity/chari ... P_ID=24209
    Post edited by movaughn on
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    movaughn wrote:
    Made a donation to Wishlist. The only donate link I found that worked was through eBay.

I found this link as well....

http://wishlistfoundation.org/donations/donate-now/
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    78FLH wrote:
    movaughn wrote:
    Made a donation to Wishlist. The only donate link I found that worked was through eBay.

I found this link as well....

http://wishlistfoundation.org/donations/donate-now/

That one opened up my paypal but didn't do anything after I logged in. I stayed logged in and tried it again and it just went to paypal. The ebay charity link went through another party but I got an email from both them and the wishlist. It was the typical paypal payment that you see if you did a buy it now or something. Thanks though.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    just donated to: savethechildren.org
  • Options
    great contest!

donated to http://www.standup2cancer.org
  • Options
    BUMP!!!
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    Thanks for the great oppertunity to win such amazing items!

So good to see all the donations.

I donated to Cork Simon Community who provide accommodation support to the homeless.
  • Options
    I donated to Medici senza Frontiere (Medecins sans frontieres), it's the same organization of Doctors without Borders, in Italy, it's the same group. I really love this thread. Even if I don't get a prize, I'm happy in any case!

Thank u.

Fingers crossed.

Ciao,
    Carlo
    6.07.2010 Venice
    4.07.2012 Berlin
    5.07. 2012 Berlin
    7.07.2012 Stockholm

Some words when spoken can't be taken back
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,305
    Thanks a lot for doing this - this is such a great thread :clap:

I just made a donation to the John Hartson Foundation http://www.johnhartsonfoundation.com/

John Hartson is a former Welsh international footballer who was diagnosed with testicular cancer which had metastasized to his lungs and brain in July 2009.

John admits himself that if he was aware of how easy it was to get checked, and that Testicular Cancer is over 90% curable if caught early enough, he probably would not have had to go through the brain operations, lung operations and over 60 sessions of chemotherapy.

The aims and objectives of the Foundation are to raise awareness of Testicular Cancer and how easy and most of all how important it is to check yourself on a regular basis. The foundation also raises funds to provide cancer organisations more support throughout the UK.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    apeman77apeman77 Posts: 153
    Great give away here.

Just donated to the Regina Humane Society.

Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Donated to PSC Partners Seeking a Cure.

My wife suffers from this awful, incurable disease, which could destroy her liver in the next five to 10 years. She has suffered from Crohn's/ulcerative colitis for 20-plus years, and PSC is associated with those conditions.

Since it is a rare disease, it needs all the help it can get in terms of research funding. And while stories such as this one are just about one of the saddest things you could ever read, it does help to get the name of the disease and its tragic and fatal consequences out there.

Thanks for listening and thanks for doing this.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    WINDSOR/ESSEX COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY
  • Options
    Compassion International
    "I did what I had to do. If there was a reason it was you..."
  • Options
    Donation made to the wounded warrior project.
  • Options
    http://www.toledohumanesociety.com/

About the Toledo Area Humane Society
    The Toledo Area Humane Society is a charitable 501(c) 3 animal welfare organization and is one of the oldest organizations in the U.S., caring for more than 4,000 animals each year.
    Mission: Our mission is to lead the community in efforts focused on relieving the suffering of, preventing cruelty to, and providing for humane treatment of animals.
    Toledo Area Humane Society...
    Cares for more than 4,000 animals each year through our life-saving programs and services
    Is a private, nonprofit organization serving the animals and people of the Toledo Area and beyond since 1884 Is the state's oldest and largest animal welfare organization
    Receives no government funding and is not a United Way agency
    Receives no funding from, and is not affiliated with, any national humane organizations
    Responds and investigates over 2,000 animal cruelty reports every year.
    Depends on the generosity of individual and corporate supporters to fund our programs and services.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    The Pittsburgh Foundation

Established in 1945, The Pittsburgh Foundation is one of the nation’s oldest community foundations and is the 15th largest of more than 700 community foundations across the United States.

As a community foundation, our resources comprise endowment funds established by individuals, businesses and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep commitment to the Pittsburgh community. The Foundation currently has more than 1,300 individual donor funds and, together with its supporting organizations, assets of nearly $600 million (at December 31, 2009). Grantmaking benefits a broad spectrum of community life within Pittsburgh and beyond

The Foundation has strengthened its focus on community and the positive impact it strives to achieve through its grantmaking, the engagement of its donors in critical regional issues and its activities around convening and leadership, in collaboration with funding and civic partners.
  • Options
    Made a donation to Mingus Manor. (http://www.mingusmanor.com/)

Mingus Manor was formed in an effort to help individuals and their senior pets when circumstances become unmanageable due to medical illness, loss of independent housing (moving to a nursing home), and terminal diagnosis.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Made my donation to:

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a nonprofit civil rights organization dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry, and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of society.

Founded by civil rights lawyers Morris Dees and Joseph Levin Jr. in 1971, the SPLC is internationally known for tracking and exposing the activities of hate groups. Our innovative Teaching Tolerance program produces and distributes – free of charge – documentary films, books, lesson plans and other materials that promote tolerance and respect in our nation’s schools.

We are based in Montgomery, Ala., the birthplace of the modern civil rights movement, and have offices in Atlanta, New Orleans, Miami, Fla., and Jackson, Miss.

A Rich History

The SPLC was founded to ensure that the promises of the civil rights movement became a reality for all. Since our founding in 1971, we’ve won numerous landmark legal victories on behalf of the exploited, the powerless and the forgotten.

Our lawsuits have toppled institutional racism in the South, bankrupted some of the nation’s most violent white supremacist groups and won justice for exploited workers, abused prison inmates, disabled children and other victims of discrimination.
  • Options
    Donation made to The Museum of Tolerance. My dad volunteered here for many years, and since his recent death, my mom has taken over his position.

Recipient of the Global Peace and Tolerance Award from the Friends of the United Nations, the Museum of Tolerance (MOT) is a human rights laboratory and educational center dedicated to challenging visitors to understand the Holocaust in both historic and contemporary contexts and confront all forms of prejudice and discrimination in our world today. 
  • Options
    Dear joe,

On behalf of all the animals of southern California, we thank you  for your generous gift .  Your donation will allow us to continue saving homeless and abused animals in our community.

Sincerely,
    Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles
  • Options
    Los Angeles Mission serves the residents of skid row in Los Angeles

http://www.losangelesmission.org/Services.aspx
  • Options
    one last donation before going to sleep

Your tax-deductible donation makes a difference in the lives of the young patients we serve. For over 110 years, Children's Hospital Los Angeles has provided the best care for kids because of the generous support of donors like you.

Confirmation
    Thank you for your donation joseph, and for your commitment to help the young children being treated at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles! Your gift will truly make a difference.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Donation made to World Wildlife Fund.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    bump :D
  • Options
    apeman77apeman77 Posts: 153
    Donation made to HCPT Pilgrimage Trust.
  • Options
    BUMP :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Donation made to The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals