Options

***The VIC Fanviews Here, Aug 2, 2007***

Comments

• Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    For those of you who shared some sort of sympathy, I Thank you and appreciate the stories, pictures and video clips that you have shared!

As for the response from Pegasus...The last thing I needed in posting my story, was to get some sarcastic response from some pompous PJ rookie, who barely got his first taste in 2006! Get off your high horse insulting me by calling me an idiot who did not have my head screwed on. Jamily members do not insult and crap on each other, but I guess you have never made a mistake in your life Pegasus! You think I have any compassion for your friends who did not have any tickets for the Vic show and were only hoping to get in knowing they had no tickets. The chose to wait in the Hot sun for the slight chance at getting in the Vic. If they had a high speed internet connection they too had the chance to buy tickets online just like I did. Like I said, I did not drive across the USA to miss the show on purpose. Sometimes people make mistakes doing good for other people as I got caught up with helping my buddies Mom and lost sight of the actual date. This lapse in time has never happened to me before and I have never missed a concert in that past 300+ shows that I have attended. DON"T EVER MAKE A MISTAKE PEGASUS BECAUSE I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL BE THERE TO CALL YOU AN IDIOT! I guess you were one of the fans at the Vic that I was better off never meeting.

After getting this nasty response on my first attempt at posting, I now know why I was so reluctant to even share my story. Thanks for being "THAT GUY" Pegasus, I hope you are proud!

Never apologise because you have a life. I bet you ain't that sorry for missing it after all now. :D
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    wow, you went from 31 to 300 shows in the space of 1 post?
    and btw, the fact I didn't manage to see them until last year doesn't mean I'm a rookie.. there's some parts of the world they don't tour every year, some places they've never been even...

I didn't call you an idiot you did it yourself...I just agreed with you.

I know it was a mistake, I just can't believe someone would make it..it's not like the show was booked 6 months in advance, it was only 1 week!
    Were it for any other show, I'd have simply sympathised, and I do to a point, but for that particular show, it borders on 'criminal' ...the fact is that your tickets gone to waste when so many people who cared enough to make sure they were there on time (see all the posts where people were stressing out about not landing/arriving on time), but were UNLUCKY and didn't get tickets could have used them.

as for what 'Jamily' members do (most people hate that term btw), you said yourself , so how would you know?
    if you were as considerate as you pretend to be, you wouldn't come here looking for sympathy (and you ONLY came here for that) where so many people would have done anything to make sure to be there and get in, had they had been lucky in scoring tickets... it's like dangling rotten meat at a starving dog.. my sympathy goes to them.

and yes I make mistakes, but I don't brag about them and don't expect people to feel sorry for me when I screw up.

Wow...I shouldn't even respond because it is obvious that you do not get it! How you have come across to everyone is obvious by what they have said about your nasty response. You are the only person who took my post as an open invitation to throw salt in my wounds and it shows what type of person you are! You make many ASSumptions about what my intentions were in posting my story. Do you really think that sympathy does anything to take away from how bad I have felt about missing the show? I have been a 10 Club member since 1992, around when the "Jamily" term was adopted and you are the first to claim that it is so widely disliked. That is ridiculous...it is only a word to identify a large group of people and if some don't like it...so be it. I have been to 31 Pearl Jam shows and over 300+ concerts from various bands in my life, not 300+ PJ shows as you thought you read. I have dedicated 15 years to the band and have met and share stories with 1000's of fans over the years, I was saying that I have never reached out to other PJ fans in an online forum. You are ridiculous if you really think that I did not care enough to be there at the Vic on time! Nobody drives 4500 miles to miss a PJ show! I have been asking myself for 9 days now how this actually happened. Rather than wanting sympathy, I was more hoping to hear if anyone else had any similar experiences or what they went through to make it to the Vic. You followed one European tour in 2006 and you think you have been given the title of "PJ Executioner." You wear that mask proud because someday karma will take something from you. I am pretty sure if your friends were not outside begging to get in, you would not have been such a jerk in your response. In 15 years of interacting with PJ fans, you are the first that I have ever had an unpleasant experience with. Like others in the forum have said, you are "selfish" for making this about you and your friends who did not get in. How about shame on you and your friends for having no respect for the Pearl Jam 10 Club and encouraging those with no tickets to show up at the Vic nearly making it impossible to distribute the tickets to those fan club members who had rightfully paid for them. You act as if my two tickets were entitled to your friends because they struggled in the Hot sun trying to get into the Vic. You have no idea what the Vic show meant to me and I don't expect someone who just got their first taste of Live Pearl Jam on that last European Tour to truly understand how I really feel about the band and following them around the USA for the last 15 years. BE CAREFUL NOT TO MAKE ANY MISTAKES PEGASUS BECAUSE I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL BE THERE TO TAKE A HUGE DUMP ON YOUR HEAD LIKE YOU HAVE DONE TO ME.

VIVA LA PEARL "JAMILY" FOREVER!
  • Options
    Wow...I shouldn't even respond because it is obvious that you do not get it! How you have come across to everyone is obvious by what they have said about your nasty response. You are the only person who took my post as an open invitation to throw salt in my wounds and it shows what type of person you are! You make many ASSumptions about what my intentions were in posting my story. Do you really think that sympathy does anything to take away from how bad I have felt about missing the show? I have been a 10 Club member since 1992, around when the "Jamily" term was adopted and you are the first to claim that it is so widely disliked. That is ridiculous...it is only a word to identify a large group of people and if some don't like it...so be it. I have been to 31 Pearl Jam shows and over 300+ concerts from various bands in my life, not 300+ PJ shows as you thought you read. I have dedicated 15 years to the band and have met and share stories with 1000's of fans over the years, I was saying that I have never reached out to other PJ fans in an online forum. You are ridiculous if you really think that I did not care enough to be there at the Vic on time! Nobody drives 4500 miles to miss a PJ show! I have been asking myself for 9 days now how this actually happened. Rather than wanting sympathy, I was more hoping to hear if anyone else had any similar experiences or what they went through to make it to the Vic. You followed one European tour in 2006 and you think you have been given the title of "PJ Executioner." You wear that mask proud because someday karma will take something from you. I am pretty sure if your friends were not outside begging to get in, you would not have been such a jerk in your response. In 15 years of interacting with PJ fans, you are the first that I have ever had an unpleasant experience with. Like others in the forum have said, you are "selfish" for making this about you and your friends who did not get in. How about shame on you and your friends for having no respect for the Pearl Jam 10 Club and encouraging those with no tickets to show up at the Vic nearly making it impossible to distribute the tickets to those fan club members who had rightfully paid for them. You act as if my two tickets were entitled to your friends because they struggled in the Hot sun trying to get into the Vic. You have no idea what the Vic show meant to me and I don't expect someone who just got their first taste of Live Pearl Jam on that last European Tour to truly understand how I really feel about the band and following them around the USA for the last 15 years. BE CAREFUL NOT TO MAKE ANY MISTAKES PEGASUS BECAUSE I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL BE THERE TO TAKE A HUGE DUMP ON YOUR HEAD LIKE YOU HAVE DONE TO ME.

VIVA LA PEARL "JAMILY" FOREVER!

ok ok.... let's all take a deep breath now....

when posting on these boards, you open yourself up to this kind of stuff...

don't focus on it.

most of us are beyond sympathetic and empathetic and truly feel your pain.

i think i checked for my tenclub email and id a million times before i finally reached the vic.

our flight from miami was delayed THREE HOURS (the windshield on the plane had to be changed !!) and if we would not have had such an early flight ... there is a chance i wouldn;t have made it.
    believe me, the thought made me sick to my stomach.

anyway...
    again... so so sorry you weren't there...
    and maybe there will be a next time (i'm sure hoping for it ;) )
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Wow...I shouldn't even respond because it is obvious that you do not get it! How you have come across to everyone is obvious by what they have said about your nasty response. You are the only person who took my post as an open invitation to throw salt in my wounds and it shows what type of person you are! You make many ASSumptions about what my intentions were in posting my story. Do you really think that sympathy does anything to take away from how bad I have felt about missing the show? I have been a 10 Club member since 1992, around when the "Jamily" term was adopted and you are the first to claim that it is so widely disliked. That is ridiculous...it is only a word to identify a large group of people and if some don't like it...so be it.
    I'm just the only person that bothered saying out loud what I'm certain many thought..ok I probably should be more diplomatic..or not bother..but that's my gut reaction, and at least I'm not hypocritical about it.
    As for the term 'Jamily', every time it has been used here or on other forums, I've seen people reacting negatively on it..so I'm just saying what I've witnessed..someone above agreed on that btw.
    I have been to 31 Pearl Jam shows and over 300+ concerts from various bands in my life, not 300+ PJ shows as you thought you read. I have dedicated 15 years to the band and have met and share stories with 1000's of fans over the years, I was saying that I have never reached out to other PJ fans in an online forum.
    ok, it seems that either you didn't express yourself clearly on those points, or I didn't understand them, or a bit of both. Fair enough.
    You are ridiculous if you really think that I did not care enough to be there at the Vic on time! Nobody drives 4500 miles to miss a PJ show! I have been asking myself for 9 days now how this actually happened. Rather than wanting sympathy, I was more hoping to hear if anyone else had any similar experiences or what they went through to make it to the Vic. You followed one European tour in 2006 and you think you have been given the title of "PJ Executioner." You wear that mask proud because someday karma will take something from you.
    I don't see what your 'seniority' has to do with it.. (I've seen as many shows as you have and have listened to the band for as long as you have so not sure what it actually means anyway)
    and I flew 12000km to be able to see them 1 more time, festival setting or not, not just because there was a 'special' show (decision made before the Vic was announced... literally hours before in fact...so karma wanted me to be there it seems ;))
    and the people I know trying for tickets outside the vic were in town for Lolla too...not just before there was a 'cool' show on.
    I am pretty sure if your friends were not outside begging to get in, you would not have been such a jerk in your response. In 15 years of interacting with PJ fans, you are the first that I have ever had an unpleasant experience with. Like others in the forum have said, you are "selfish" for making this about you and your friends who did not get in. How about shame on you and your friends for having no respect for the Pearl Jam 10 Club and encouraging those with no tickets to show up at the Vic nearly making it impossible to distribute the tickets to those fan club members who had rightfully paid for them. You act as if my two tickets were entitled to your friends because they struggled in the Hot sun trying to get into the Vic.
    I believe your tickets were entitled to someone, anyone, that would actually be there to use them.
    Believe me or not, but I'd say exactly the same thing if I hadn't personally known anyone wanting tickets... just known that many people wanted those tickets desperately...and ANYONE could have used the ones you wasted..
    can't fathom how caring about those makes me selfish...:rolleyes:..It's precisely because I'm thinking of others (any, not specifically my friends), that I reacted to your post...selfishly, I got in so shouldn't care about wasted opportunities.

and since you were not at the show, I really don't know where you got the notion that people trying to get tickets in any way impaired the normal distribution or entry.. they didn't...
    nor did I encourage anyone to come without tickets..I actually dissuaded someone to change her flight in the off chance to score a tix.
    You have no idea what the Vic show meant to me and I don't expect someone who just got their first taste of Live Pearl Jam on that last European Tour to truly understand how I really feel about the band and following them around the USA for the last 15 years. BE CAREFUL NOT TO MAKE ANY MISTAKES PEGASUS BECAUSE I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL BE THERE TO TAKE A HUGE DUMP ON YOUR HEAD LIKE YOU HAVE DONE TO ME.
    don't worry, If I ever make a mistake like that, the biggest possible kick in the butt, slap in the head and dump will come from myself!! by far!

Don't think we'll get any further, you'll keep thinking I'm a heartless jerk (or whatever the female equivalent is) and I that you're a wasteful idiot...
    I just hope next time you get such an opportunity, you'll be more careful (and I'm sure you will and I hope you get another chance).

lets get back on topic .. how cool the Vic show was :D
  • Options
    wulffeldwulffeld Posts: 31
    I hope to get a chance in the future to listen and share the unique PJ experiences that we can all spend a lifetime trying to explain. It truly is Hard to Imagine! Thanks, Ray

Damn, that fucking sucks. I can't imagine anything more horrific including death and torture. I've had nightmares about confusing dates but you're living it. Get well soon.
    Martin http://www.setlisting.com/ Your concert history in one place.
  • Options
    ??????????
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,878
    you got someone ejected for moving in front of you at a GA show- A GA show? WTF- mustve been quite boring and stiff up front- ha- what a joke

this was stake your claim and keep it admission, not just fucking walk in front of people waiting all day for the goods seasts GA ala Lolla. And there was nothing stiff about the front at all except my crank when they played H2I. The crowd was amazing all night, especially in the front.
  • Options
    mozman88 wrote:
    Highlight: Being second row balcony dead center, EVERYTHING!
    Lowlight: Dipshits sitting at a local bar making bootleg wristbands....I think 10C went after them and I hope the fucker who lended his to them to copy got banned.

they did catch them, security was right in front of us Mikes side and they used my wrist band to compare it to the fake. It was a shitty job, but good enough to get by on a glance. It had puffy letters and obvous cut and tape work.
  • Options
    that is the worst Pearl jam thing I have ever hear reagrding tickets.

It hurts even reading it, at least you can get a good boot of it as a minute fraction of a consellation.
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    I have never posted on this forum before, but over the years I have read many other fans sharing their experiences as I have followed Pearl Jam tours in past years. I have always found it interesting to see another PJ fans perspective on how the band has influenced them with the music they have given to us. Now that I am back home in Arizona, I was a little reluctant to post my story because I did not want to be known as the biggest idiot of a PJ fan to every exist. But driving 2200 miles from Chicago back to Mesa, Arizona really left me with a monkey on my back that I just can't shake! Despite being lucky enough to see PJ 31 different times in Concert from 1992-2007, I never realized how long I had waited for a chance for a show like the VIC in Chicago. For 15 years, I never believed I would have the opportunity to see PJ in such an intimate venue and when the 10Club sent me that email announcing the show, I almost died from excitement and anticipation of trying to get my hands on some tickets when they went on sale Thursday morning. I did not sleep for two days and when Thursday came around...I scored Two Tickets for the Exclusive 10 Club show at the Vic Theater 8/2/07.

My best friend and our 4 Lost Dogs (3 Staffordshire Terriers and 1 Chihuahua/Weiner Dog) packed our bags and were off to Madison, WI from Mesa,AZ to stay with his Mom before the big show with PJ @ the Vic and Lollapalooza @ Grant Park. His mom lives in a Log cabin on Lake Wisconsin, so we helped he stain her cabin during the week prior to the shows. Somehow working 12-13 hour days in 80-100% Humidity, I lost track of the day. I have always taken pride on using my Fan Club privileges to bring a person with me who has never seen Pearl Jam live. I take joy in opening someone new to the PJ experience and watching them go to a place I have been lucky enough to know since 1992! Thursday night before the Big Vic show, I am sitting with my friends Sean and Dan in Wisconsin talking about what songs that we hoped to hear. Dan was cool enough to give up his ticket to Sean (Childhood bud) since it would be his first PJ show ever. Sean wanted to hear them open with "I am Mine" and Close with "Yellow Ledbetter". I was hoping to get "Hard to Imagine" and "Indifference" as the closer. After talking about how awesome the show at the Vic was going to be...we hit the hay to get an early start to Chicago from Madison, WI the next morning. Around comes Friday 8/3/07 and we are driving down I-90 to Chicago to the Vic and Sean, a die hard Cubs fan says to turn on the Cubs radio because Eddie was going to sing the 7th Inning Stretch. I am thinking great, lets get a nice warm up song for the big Vic Show. After a commercial break the Cubs announcer delivers us the devastating news..."Hello Everyone from Wrigley Field today we have a very special guest, Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam has joined us in the booth. They played an amazing show LAST NIGHT AT THE VIC THEATER" I almost came to a screeching halt in disbelief...they was no way that I missed the Vic Concert! I pulled off I-90 in Rockford, IL to pull out my email confirmation to see it said Thursday, 8/2 at The Vic. I still have no idea how it happened, but in my mind the show was always on Friday night. I called the 10 Club Hotline, because I needed confirmation and the girl who answered made me feel even more like killing myself when she asked me how I messed the dates up? I had to then explain that I did not drive 2200 miles from Mesa, AZ to miss the concert on purpose, so that my 10 Club membership was not negatively affected for not showing up at the Vic on the right night. It was one of the WORST days of my life and the 90 minute drive back to Madison, WI was quite emotional for me. And in 15 years it was the first time I had ever shed tears over the band. Listening to Live at Beneroya Hall on the drive back, it was one of the first times that I had really reflected on the past 15 years enjoying live Pearl Jam and then realized that I had never tried to reach out to another Pearl Jamily member. After reading the Vic reviews and seeing the Vic clips on You Tube, it was was even harder for me, but I can appreciate that other fans were cool enough to share some of the experience that I have forever lost. My passion and energy for the band was missing from that small Vic room and my voice was missing from the Jamily sing alongs. You all brought a huge lump to my throat when I heard everyone singing with Ed at the Vic! You sounded beautiful. I truly want to apologize to the Band and all the other 10 Club members who made it to the Vic. I wish fate had never picked 8/2/07 to be the biggest mistake of my life. I would have cherished the opportunity to meet many different fans. I hope to get a chance in the future to listen and share the unique PJ experiences that we can all spend a lifetime trying to explain. It truly is Hard to Imagine! Thanks, Ray

Wow that is quite a story/post. I too missed the show(didn't get the ticket icon till 25 mins into the sale) and although I'm not quite at your level of sadness I do completelt understand and empathize with your pain. It must have been very hard to post what you did, without having great greif in the writing of it.

Mistakes happen all the time. Good fate and karma will come back your way again :)

Having said that I have finally heard the VIC show and not to beat you down because of your story...but I will say that even when I listen to this Vic show it still brings me happiness. It's the first time I heard the band play Love Reign O'er Me and that has made my entire week/month. It has been the greatest gift the band could ever give me being a huge Quad/old Who fan.
    I really hope they continue playing that song so one day I can see it go down.
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    that is the worst Pearl jam thing I have ever hear reagrding tickets.

It hurts even reading it, at least you can get a good boot of it as a minute fraction of a consellation.

I have only been able to watch the You Tube clips from the Vic since I have had problems trying to download the Vic Bootleg from the website. I tried both the FLAC and Mp3 and still I get nothing? I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am still dying to hear the Vic concert bootlegs so I can get some sort of closure for my huge mistake.
  • Options
    augustwest wrote:
    Wow that is quite a story/post. I too missed the show(didn't get the ticket icon till 25 mins into the sale) and although I'm not quite at your level of sadness I do completelt understand and empathize with your pain. It must have been very hard to post what you did, without having great greif in the writing of it.

Mistakes happen all the time. Good fate and karma will come back your way again :)

Having said that I have finally heard the VIC show and not to beat you down because of your story...but I will say that even when I listen to this Vic show it still brings me happiness. It's the first time I heard the band play Love Reign O'er Me and that has made my entire week/month. It has been the greatest gift the band could ever give me being a huge Quad/old Who fan.
    I really hope they continue playing that song so one day I can see it go down.

Thanks for your kind response! I am sorry that the Ticket icon did not pop up sooner for you. The set they played at the Vic was amazing and the best I have seen in 15 years. It truly was a big Thanks you gift to all the fan club members that have dedicated their enery, love and respect for the band. I am with you about getting happiness from the few clips I have seen from the Vic. Listening to everyone sing In Hiding was so powerful and I had a huge lump in my throat. I am sure that everyone who did get in made the band feel very proud with all the love and energy they gave back to the band that night. I hope we all get another chance to see the band in a small intimate venue. It would be great if they did a annual show in one city only for 10 Club members. I am sure everyone from around the world would travel to get this chance of a lifetime!

Did you hear about the amazing set that Ed did with Kid Rock at Stanleys bar on 8/6? They played a bunch of Who covers and it was even more intimate that the Vic show. I think it is so cool that Ed would jump on stage with the House band and rock out!

See you Around the Bend...
  • Options
    .......... I wish fate had never picked 8/2/07 to be the biggest mistake of my life. I would have cherished the opportunity to meet many different fans. I hope to get a chance in the future to listen and share the unique PJ experiences that we can all spend a lifetime trying to explain. It truly is Hard to Imagine! Thanks, Ray

You know, sometimes the things that are *most* important to us, the ones we lose sleep over... are the ones we mess up. It's almost like, it's so important, it never occurs to us we could get it wrong. And then to drive 2200 miles to find out you'd missed it... my heart definitely goes out to you.

Obviously your heart is broken that you missed it, and that it was a mistake on your part that led to you missing it. While I can understand people who wanted so badly to be there but didn't get tix being incredulous, I really don't understand anyone giving you shit about it.

Well, at least one thing I'm sure of... I bet that is the one and ONLY time you mess up the dates for something that's important to you! At least you know you'll never miss another PJ show for that reason, at least... :)

At least we can all enjoy the boots and the magic of hearing it. Not the same as being there, but magical nonetheless.
  • Options
    Ok so I'm a little late here...but I still can't believe this actually happened...and I've heard the boot. Thank to the taper btw.

Before I begin I have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH HOLDEN! My Miracle man and concert buddy that night! I sooo owe you HUGE!

Ok on to the fanview. (Its a long one...sorry)

I don’t even know where to begin with the Vic. I got to the venue around 9:30-10am ish, and was about 40th in line, and knew a good percentage of the people holding up the front. The 10 club line was amazing. Everyone was friendly and chatting. People were giving out free waters, some gave out some food. Also Tim Bierman (aka Rubysdad) came out a couple of times and was chatting with different people. He stopped and chatted with the girls behind me. He asked him how the line was and stuff…(if everyone was doing ok in the heat etc). It felt like we were standing out there forever, but finally 7pm rolled around and we were let in. I got lucky in that they had a separate door for the ladies as they wanted us to be searched by women to avoid any kind of liability. I ended up getting in WAY sooner than expected…even mistakenly walked in with a half full bottle of water (which came in soo handy during the show). I got Holden and I a great spot, second from the rail on Stones side, behind these 2 short girls. Felt like we were on the rail cause we had a clear view of the stage. This place was amazing. SOO small. The smallest floor area I’ve ever seen. For Toronto people it looks exactly like the opera house only the floor area was 1/3 of the size and it had another elevated floor section in front of the soundboard, then the area behind and beside the soundboard. (where the opera house has a large floor area and the platform beside and behind the soundboard). I ended up being near a few people I knew so that made the night even more special. We had been told earlier in the day that Ed would be opening the show with an acoustic set so there was a buzz in the air. Many of us thought that perhaps we might get a sample of Eds solo album with a song like No More War thrown in there or something like that. We passed the time watching Oliva up in one of the side balconies. She was sitting by the rail, looking down at us and waving. She is/was soooo adorable. Jill liked Radiant. I LOOOVED her dress.

Anyways on to the show. Ed came out and opened with a beautiful rendition of Trouble after asking all of us to stop with the flashes. I can’t say as I blame him. When he walked out to the mic all you could see was flashes all kinds. I can only imagine how it looked to Ed himself. How blinding it must have been. Thankfully the new camera I bought last month doesn’t need a flash when I’m that close, so I never had to use it once. I really enjoyed the pre-set. Ed joked that he was the opener “that he came cheaply” Ed you can open ANY TIME! Eventually show time came around and in my wildest dreams I could have never predicted All or None to open the show. I about died! As soon as I scraped myself up off the floor I called my girl Lydia (Vedhead27) as that is one of her all time favourite songs. Some of the vets here may recall the All or None thread from GTF forum that had several thousand posts…most from her, Pjammin’ and I. My heart ached for Pjammin’ though as he got shut out for tix and was outside hoping to get let in. I was praying he found a way in (sadly he did not…but he told me he was ok with it…at peace so I’m glad about that). From there the rarities just kept coming. Education, Sad (ok this one isn’t that rare, but the crowd went NUTS! We sang SOO Loud!), In Hiding, Parachutes, I’m Open, Undone, Hard to Imagine, Off He Goes. This show was most DEFINITELY for us freaks!! I danced, and sang…took lots of pics…and just had the time of my life. It was such an intimate experience and I feel so blessed to have been there. To make it even more special we got to see the North American Premier of Love Reign O’r Me. OMG did they NAIL it!!!! Blew the Copenhagen version out of the water IMO. After that during Sonic Reducer Ed came up to the edge of the stage right in front of us and reached out for our hands. He stood there for a good 5-10 seconds slapping hands. He slapped mine twice (well first one he kinda got my pinky which is why I kept my hand up). Then Ed moved down the row and slapped hands all across the front row. To end an already perfect evening, Ben Harper came out and finished the evening with Ed doing their trademark Indifference. I have to admit the version on L@TG was WAAAY better (and I was at that show too)…esp Bens intonation BUT it’s a special thing to be in the presence of these two amazingly talented individuals and I’m soo happy I was there.
    Alas the show had to end. None of us wanted it too…but we all knew we still had Sunday to look forward to so that made it a little easier. After the show I hung around for a while and my boy Ricky Ramone gave me Eds setlist from the stage (haha I wish I really knew him but I don’t. He’s just been very good to me over the years). LovetheJam and I split it as we were both standing there when it was given to me and we both thought it was for the other. Being the true fans we are we agreed on a compromise…which was to each take a page. I have page 2 here. I also found 2 Ed picks stuck to the tape. Both LovetheJam and I already had those picks from other shows so I gave one to Holden as a thank you for picking me as his +1 and the other to HardtoImagine801 as a thank you for the place to sleep. After the show I waited around the venue and was rewarded at around 12:30am when Eddie came out and walked over to us (there was like 7 or 8 of us including me and Holden). We were told no pics or autographs, but he took the time to Shake each of our hands, give each of us a smile and a few seconds to say hello or something quick. All I could muster was “amazing show tonight Ed, Thank you so much.” Holden and I then parted company and LovetheJam and I ended up partying till the wee hours with Speedy McCready, HardtoImagine801, MasterFramer, SouthofSeattle, EvilClosetMonkey, FoxyMop, etc. If I forgot your name I’m sorry.
    I met soo many people last weekend and it was amazing to meet you all! I hope to see you at future shows.

To those that made it this far haha thanks for reading this.

Here are my pics from the weekend. The first link is the Vic Show and Lolla. The second is the Cubs game I went to. (When Ed sang)
    Enjoy!

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/ACCBootlegGoddess/Pearl%20Jam%20Vic%20Theatre%20Chicago/

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/ACCBootlegGoddess/Chicago%20Cubs/
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    great review, great pictures!

still can't believe i was there.

and i can't believe we didn;t meet any of the 4 days (even at the emerald loop...sheesh...)
    next time ...

:D
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    I have only been able to watch the You Tube clips from the Vic since I have had problems trying to download the Vic Bootleg from the website. I tried both the FLAC and Mp3 and still I get nothing? I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am still dying to hear the Vic concert bootlegs so I can get some sort of closure for my huge mistake.

I'll put this out to you, or anyone else, who are having trouble with getting a audio copy of this VIC fan club show...I will offer up you a free copy and will take on as many others as I can...just PM me with your contact information and I will mail you a copy of the show right away :)

Nothing needed in return.
  • Options
    Royals17Royals17 Posts: 91
    From the very Beginning.
    I had been looking forward to Lolla for awhile, basically since it was annouced. Having been shut out from Europe shows, it was basically the only show I would be able to catch this year. That was until July 24 when Royals55 called me and said did you see what just was annouced on the Pit. Two seconds later I was reading the Vic Annoucement. Holy Crap! Change of plans, I have to be there.
    My original plan had me flying out of Toronto on Friday Aug 3. Could not change my flight, because I am idiot and purchased a non refundable ticket which would now go to waste. I am able however to arrange for the extra time off work and would be catching a ride with Royals32, Royals32girl and My Wife who were origianlly planning to drive down on Aug 2. Plan set to leave Aug 1 in the evening and spend the night halfway in Lansing Michigan and finish the drive Aug 2 in the morning.
    Next step get tickets. After many discussions with the Royals group and on-line practice, we were all set up for the ticket sale on July 26. Well 2 of the 7 were successful in securing tickets. I like may others did not see the ticket Icon until 25 minutes after they were on sale. So in the end we had 4 tickets for 7 people. After figuring out who would go and who would unfortunately not, I was happy that I was going but sad for those how would not and as a result I was really not as excited as I should have been, at least on the surface.
    All goes as planned and I arrrive in Chicago at 1:00pm on Aug 2. I meet up with Bizp88, Royals55 and AtPeacew/MyLust for lunch and then head over to VIC to get in line.
    We arrive at 4:30pm and get our lovely Orange Wristbands and begin the anticipated wait. I thought the Ten Club handled the distibution and line very well. The security guards on the other hand well, that's another story. Met some awesome people in line and the line did seem swell infront of us close to entry time but oh well, that's to be expected with our late afternoon arrival. Interesting side story I met a woman(can't remember her name for the life of me) and had my picture taken with her because we were wearing the same "Eddie Would Go" shirt and we were able to swap Hawaii stories which was cool.
    Doors open and we get in relelatively quickly and I head right for the merchandise and Bizp88, Royals55 and AtPeacew/MyLust go for a close spot. I think about 10 minutes and $195 later I had all the swag for me and my group. I liked the way the posters were being dealt with in terms of getting a receipt and picking up after the show. I couldn't believe or maybe never realized the vulchers out for posters who were around me and how they were already strategizing on how to get them and how to get more and what to sell them for on you know. I wish I had know they had so many in relation to the attendance becuase I would have just got one after the show and may have been able to get a little closer to the stage. There really however was no bad spot in the place.

More to Come............
    98: Barrie
    00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
    01: Bridge
    03: Raleigh, Char, Buf, Det x2, Tor, Mont
    05: T-Bay, Kit, Lon, Ham, Tor
    06: Tor x2, Clev, Cin, Arnhem, Honolulu x2
    07: Vic, Lolla, Tor(EV) Body of War
    08: Van(EV) x2, Hart, Bos x2, Tor(EV) x2
    09: Tor
    10: Jazz Fest, Clev, Buf
    11: Det(EV), Tor x2, Ham
    12: FLL(EV)
    13: Pit, Buf, Cal
    14: Det, Den
    15: NYC
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118

I posted some vids on youtube. search my screen name. if you need a copy of the boot, I will burn you one and send it to you. pm me if interested. sorry that you missed it man, thats a hard pill to swallow.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    After a commercial break the Cubs announcer delivers us the devastating news..."Hello Everyone from Wrigley Field today we have a very special guest, Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam has joined us in the booth. They played an amazing show LAST NIGHT AT THE VIC THEATER" I almost came to a screeching halt in disbelief...

I am just now reading this post. When I read ^ that part, my heart sank. I think i felt a bit of what you felt that day. DAMN.
    that's a nightmare!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Royals17 wrote:
    I couldn't believe or maybe never realized the vulchers out for posters who were around me and who they were already strategizing on how to get them and how to get more and what to sell them for on you know.
    Really??? So they're the ones up on ebay at the moment? Some people are just bloody weird :mad:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Really??? So they're the ones up on ebay at the moment? Some people are just bloody weird :mad:
    Probably the very same. It was maddening because there was a lot of pushing going on and people trying to get their stuff and these guys are talking about how much they will sell it for and how to squeeze in front of other people to get it. Kind of a downer when the show had such an organic feel to it and everyone was so friendly otherwise.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Royals17 wrote:
    Probably the very same. It was maddening because there was a lot of pushing going on and people trying to get their stuff and these are guys are talking about how much they will sell it for and how to squeeze in front of other people to get it. Kind of a downer when the show had such an organic feel to it and everyone was so friendly otherwise.
    In future, shove them out of the crowd and report them to the line nazis :) that'll put an end to that ebay nonsense.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    took this out of my sig.. but wanted to immortalize it here

to the clown at the vic from baltimore with the atlanta braves hat on
    i'm sure your wife knows the words to the songs... you didn't need to scream them in her face all night long
    in case you forget what you sound like .. 12 seconds in .. http://youtube.com/watch?v=prj2BQeaCwo
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    Royals17 wrote:
    Probably the very same. It was maddening because there was a lot of pushing going on and people trying to get their stuff and these are guys are talking about how much they will sell it for and how to squeeze in front of other people to get it. Kind of a downer when the show had such an organic feel to it and everyone was so friendly otherwise.

Ya they are at every show. As long as people pay those stupid prices on e-bay..vulchers will be out there.
    Did u see that douchebag that was walking up and down the line outside, offering people $100 to get him a poster.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Ya they are at every show. As long as people pay those stupid prices on e-bay..vulchers will be out there.
    Did u see that douchebag that was walking up and down the line outside, offering people $100 to get him a poster.
    I didn't see that douche. I did however see a guy at Lolla asking people though and later saw him with what looked like about 10 posters. On a similiar note I was in the shuttle to the airport in Hawaii the day after the U2/PJ show and a guy get's on with a PJ shirt and two big tubes of posters. So I ask him if he enjoyed the show, and commented on him getting a poster. He responded with a laugh "Great Show and yeah I got a few" then proceeded to tell me how he a sold a bunch of DC posters to fund his trip to Hawaii and was going to use the newly acquired Hawaii posters to pay some bills.

I really don't know what the answer to this poster craze is.
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    took this out of my sig.. but wanted to immortalize it here

to the clown at the vic from baltimore with the atlanta braves hat on
    i'm sure your wife knows the words to the songs... you didn't need to scream them in her face all night long
    in case you forget what you sound like .. 12 seconds in .. http://youtube.com/watch?v=prj2BQeaCwo

Damn dude...I thought you had taped said clown screaming lyrics in wife's face...I was disappointed, very misleading : )
    Left the Porch
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i think i blew my jeep's speakers with the boot the other night...

couldnt have blown them with a better cd :D
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    i think i blew my jeep's speakers with the boot the other night...

couldnt have blown them with a better cd :D

Lucky speakers ;)
    Left the Porch
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    It took me a while to write this as me and my bf were still touring the US and Canada after the shows in Chicago. Just got home two days ago and still feel jetlagged...

Well for us it started in June at the Nijmegen gig when we met some ppl from Chicago in the 10c line. They told us to come to Lollapalooza and made us reconsider our vacation plans to Spain.

We scraped all the money we could find in little holes, pots, socks and what not together and decided to make it a very budget trip and JUST DO IT! As we always had a thing for Canada we decided to make a trip around the Great Lakes and make Chicago part of our vacation. We flew to Toronto the 30st of July and from there drove to Chicago.

We did not have tickets for the Vic Theatre, but I had by chance and miracle made connection with someone who could maybe help us out. Someone I had never met before and I had helped out with something which in my opinion was a tiny thing. I had written this person an email about the Vic and I am sure an angel helped us out!
    Me and my bf checked our email the 31st in Toronto at an Apple centre...and there it was...an email saying that we were on the guest list...NO WAY...WE..us little earthlings??
    We were amazed, so happy, hugging and laughing. People must have thought we were crazy. We didnt dare to believe it was true until we would have those wristbands.

We arrived in Chicago the 2nd of August..first had to race to get to the campground at Tinley Park and then race to get to the Vic. The traffic was horrible and finding a parking was even worse. Finally parked the car and got to the Vic at 5pm. We saw the row, which seemed to go on for ever. Many ppl walking around trying to get tix.

We went to the booth and told the security guard we were on a list, but were not sure which list that would be..still didnt believe we would actually be on the guestlist. So walked to the end of the line, asked the man with the 10c list, but we were not on there. Back to the booth where they told us to wait until 6pm. We were sooo nervous! Met a great couple at the Subway who we saw at the Wishlist Fundraiser and the AET meetup as well (sorry forgot your names...). Back to the booth at 6pm. We were on the guestlist...no way! We couldnt believe it still. Got purple wristbands and our tickets. They told us to get at the back of the line just like all the others and we completely understood. Chatted to the journalist who wrote the review for the Rolling Stone Online. Very nice guy and a PJ fan. Told him many ppl are not big fans of RS ;)
    Also met two ppl from Chicago we saw at the Nijmegen gig which was fun. They had not expected to see us there and were amazed.

When we got in, we bought one poster each. One of those we will give to the person who got us the tickets, the other will be framed and proudly hung on our walls.
    We could go to the balcony or to the floor. As we were so late we decided to go to the balcony. Must say that wasnt the best choice in all aspects. The view from there was great though!!! Nice to see some familiar faces at the front...Brian and Laura I reckognized. The sound was good although couldnt always hear Eds voice. And also could not hear the crowds participation very well. So I thought the crowd had been a bit mellow...reading the other reviews now I guess they were not :cool:.

The crowd on the balcony was not much fun though. Many kept seated in their chairs. Most were probably extended family and friends of friends and did not seem very excited at all. Made me sad, as I knew how many were still waiting outside to get in. When we were standing up to rock, some ppl asked us to sit down...WTF??!!!! At a PJ concert...no way cant do that.. Well, we did sat down, but then saw that the middle section of the balcony was standing and dancing..so went over there.
    Had much more fun, danced, sang...wow! Some guys were making fun of us, what a jerks!But I enjoyed it immensely anyways. Great songs, 'Low Light' gave a tear to my eyes...felt so happy being there with my cutie!

The theatre looked great, really old with paint coming from the walls...but i like that kind of buildings. Really felt like a private party. The guys seemed really relaxed too.

Talked to someone from the crew afterwards who is a very nice guy. Dont know who you were, but you might remember talking to some Dutchies. Thanks for being so kind!

All in all there was some magic going on...which lasted our whole trip:
    When we were in a beautiful little place called 'Rossport' on Lake Superior on the Canadian side my boyfriend asked me to marry him and I said YES instantly.

I am sure an angel smiled at that moment...thank you so much!!!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    wow !! congratulations!!
    how wonderful!!

my husband and i spoke to you guys after the show...
    i think i showed you my poster because yours was rolled up nice and neat and mine was open.

we had to race back to the hotel because our sons were not answering their phones and we thought they were lost in chicago.
    turns out they were sound asleep.

anyway... it was nice talking to ya for a minute or so..
    and maybe you'll be like us someday, married for 20 years, still traveling to see our favorite band and dragging the kids along...

congratulations again!!!
    and thanks for sharing :)
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee