***The VIC Fanviews Here, Aug 2, 2007***

Comments

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    A little more from the Vic-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su20JBcVus8 - Black Diamond

The sound could be better but what do you expect from a little hand held-
    Someone commented they had audio- I have friend who can do the mix- PM Me.

Pretty faithfull (double LL intended) version of Black Diamond, especially in regards to ACE's leads. A bit sloppy and some vox are off, but very rock and roll. I dig the classicK bluesy jam for the last minute of the tune, done just like on the Alive! album. I was hoping they would do that!

Thanks for posting that. I've been dying to see/hear such a clip since the big news.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Just to add a little to me comments about the show:

In Hiding and Sad were amazing - great crowd particiapation and perhaps the best versions of each song that I have ever heard!!!

Undone and Education were total surprises and they nailed both songs. Education wasn't one that I even wanted to hear that much, but it is amazing live. I'm glad they played it again at Lolla for everyone else to hear.

The only disappointment from the show (albeit a minor one) was the lack of crowd particiaption in All or None. A couple of times Ed tried to get massive crowd sing alongs going and both times the response was disappointing. I would have thought that at least the "to myself I surrender ..." line would have had everyone chanting, but it was quieter than it should have been. Not sure if people don't like the song or just don't know the words, but it is one of my favs and I was really excited to hear it.

yeah, thought everyone would be like me, singing every word to every song, even Black Diamond, lol ... but instead I annoyed some around me :D
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Chiming in to say I agree about Sad and In Hiding. That's two of the memories I will definitely take away from this show. That crowd just exploded into Sad. Unbelievable. And the sing along to In Hiding was deafening.

I had such a huge smile on may face for that whole show. Every song was like "I can't believe they are playing that!" Unreal.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    BeerBaron wrote:
    One more thing that I just remembered when looking at my photos/vids: Stone did a really cool extended solo in Indifference. I've seen it live about 5 or 6 times and I have never heard that before. :)

SH-WEET!!!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Sad and black diamond were highlights for me... I couldn't believe Matt was singing... cos I saw him singing and thought he was doing backing and then looked at Ed who wasn't singing and thought 'fuck, wow!' He's got a FANTASTIC voice and was loving it. That was fun.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    The show was amazing. I still can't believe I got to see it. I was standing behind someone that did not rock to much and seemed to keep moving backwards pinning me up against the back rail of the 1st level. That is the only thing that bothered me about the show but that is my fault for picking center stage rather than more to mikes side.

PJ, do more shows like this please. YOu can even charge me a little bit more but only a little bit. :)
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • dan_alive wrote:
    Hi guys,

What a great setlist! Down here in Oz, and probably all around, we are wondering if anyone recorded this show? I read through this thread and i saw no mention of this question :)

Thanks for the lucky bastards who went to the show for the snippets of memories ;)

Dan.

Download Vic Show Here - The Porch
    Left the Porch
  • yeah, thought everyone would be like me, singing every word to every song, even Black Diamond, lol ... but instead I annoyed some around me :D

Fuck em...we would have got along just fine, I was doing the same thing.

As far as singing along to All or None goes, I'll have to watch it again but my recollection was the same except when they did reach the part "to myself I surrender ..." I think by that time he was like "fuck it, you had your chance" bc I think the crowd was finally trying at that point.
    Left the Porch
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Fuck em...we would have got along just fine, I was doing the same thing.

As far as singing along to All or None goes, I'll have to watch it again but my recollection was the same except when they did reach the part "to myself I surrender ..." I think by that time he was like "fuck it, you had your chance" bc I think the crowd was finally trying at that point.
    I think the crowd were just completely out of tune and I was thinking to myself 'please don't make us sing again cos we just haven't GOT it' and he did again and I was almost cringing but laughing at the same time.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I love all or none and did not want to ruin it with my singing.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    I'm not really going to talk about the music because it's like trying to explain a complex private feeling - but I want to say what an amazing experience I had at the Vic.

I was lucky enough to have an amazing ticket buddy who shared his extra with me, despite soo many of our friends who also were in need of a ticket. So to him, a huge hug full of thanks and appreciation again and again.

All the friends who came down to the Vic and hoped to get a ticket both broke my heart, because I wanted all of them in the show too - but at the same time, I was like 'f**k yeah' for them, because they showed not only tenacity of sticking it out the whole day, despite the low odds and completely hellaciously insufferable heat, but also the ability to just say screw it and hang out with fellow PJ fans at the bar down the street.

Add that to the line experience, and that makes up half of what the Vic show will mean to me. 99.9% of the fans were just amazingly kind, caring, informative and just damn fun. Maggie/AvocadoLady had brought us cupcakes for our long stay on the line and we, in turn, shared them with our line-mates. There was a dude with a pizza, Jason/indifferentman who had Popsicles, and lots of other people just generally sharing water, offering to hold spots, etc.

I thought the 10C did an amazing job in regards to the poster situation - serious kudos to them. The same thing with handling the line and the people who had been waiting for hours. The line rules changed a few times during the day (how we would get wristbands, how we would re-line up afterwards, etc.) but 10C rolled with the flow and adapted to the best case scenario for management and fans alike. Awesome job on that too, 10C.

Almost a week later and I can't sufficiently explain my experience and opinions, just that it was definitely a memory I'll cherish for a long time.

Here's some pictures of the line, the Big City Tap ($1 beers!) and the show;

http://picasaweb.google.com/foxymopx/PearlJamTheVicTheatre

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but looking thru Foxy Mop's photos I noticed that LIGHT YEARS, I GOT SHIT, CRAZY MARY and DIRTY FRANK were on the setlist but never played :eek: wow
    Dirty Frank got replaced by Comatose and the rest have been crossed off.

Awesome pics, Laura :) Nice to see some familiar and a little less familiar faces. but happy PJ fans :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    BeerBaron wrote:
    What's the deal with Comatose replacing great songs on setlists? It was subbed in for Wash at Dusseldorf too :(
    Dunno. maybe they felt the show needed more rockers...
    Ah, youll get Wash eventually ;)
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Dunno. maybe they felt the show needed more rockers...
    Ah, youll get Wash eventually ;)

He saw Wash already, and you should know it if you look at his sig. ;)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
    Angus wrote:
    He saw Wash already, and you should know it if you look at his sig. ;)
    Ah, yeah, thats right. He was in OTTAWA :)
    I guess he wants it again :D
    Im perfectly fine with the Ottawa version I heard,
    but wouldnt mind hearing it again...

Getting those rare songs at this show, wow, makes me jealous,
    but getting my favorite of all (which I heard a couple of times already but want more) IN HIDING...IM ENVIOUS!
    Gotta listen to that boot NOW! ;)
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    I'm not really going to talk about the music because it's like trying to explain a complex private feeling - but I want to say what an amazing experience I had at the Vic.

I was lucky enough to have an amazing ticket buddy who shared his extra with me, despite soo many of our friends who also were in need of a ticket. So to him, a huge hug full of thanks and appreciation again and again.

All the friends who came down to the Vic and hoped to get a ticket both broke my heart, because I wanted all of them in the show too - but at the same time, I was like 'f**k yeah' for them, because they showed not only tenacity of sticking it out the whole day, despite the low odds and completely hellaciously insufferable heat, but also the ability to just say screw it and hang out with fellow PJ fans at the bar down the street.

Add that to the line experience, and that makes up half of what the Vic show will mean to me. 99.9% of the fans were just amazingly kind, caring, informative and just damn fun. Maggie/AvocadoLady had brought us cupcakes for our long stay on the line and we, in turn, shared them with our line-mates. There was a dude with a pizza, Jason/indifferentman who had Popsicles, and lots of other people just generally sharing water, offering to hold spots, etc.

I thought the 10C did an amazing job in regards to the poster situation - serious kudos to them. The same thing with handling the line and the people who had been waiting for hours. The line rules changed a few times during the day (how we would get wristbands, how we would re-line up afterwards, etc.) but 10C rolled with the flow and adapted to the best case scenario for management and fans alike. Awesome job on that too, 10C.

Almost a week later and I can't sufficiently explain my experience and opinions, just that it was definitely a memory I'll cherish for a long time.

Here's some pictures of the line, the Big City Tap ($1 beers!) and the show;

http://picasaweb.google.com/foxymopx/PearlJamTheVicTheatre

Laura

hey laura, great photos!
    saw you but didn't know who you were...
    i was there with my husband.
    anyway... i agree with you... Ten CLub did a great job, i felt so sad for the hopeful outside the vic... and it was an experience i will never ever forget.
    cheers... and see ya at the next show!
    Serena
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    After 16 years of being a die hard fan of Pearl Jam, I have finally accomplished my goal of being a part of the crew for last night's show with an All Access laminate. Of all the shows I've ever seen throughout the years, THAT ONE LAST NIGHT was definitely the one to be there for, so it's a double plus. AMAZING. They were so ON!! The person that wrote out the setlist up there forgot to include Come Back in the sound check. I was able to watch the WHOLE soundcheck, and that was almost better than the show itself!! WOW!! Just think - to be one of only a handful of people in the room watching them practice and work out a couple of kinks in the songs is just incredible. I've watched one of their soundchecks before - years ago at the Key Arena in Seattle. I kind of snuck in for that one, so I had to be careful not to make my presense known. Yesterday however at the Vic, I was AUTHORIZED to be there and it was incredible!! After the band left Ed sat on a stool and was running through a couple of the songs he did as the opener. Pretty much everyone else had cleard the room except for the sound engineer, and Jeff, who came out to talk to some family members. I was transfixed. What a great show. I'll never forget that one. I got several bonuses from that show just being a member of the crew that are priceless. I'm so excited! That is definitely a MAJOR "check" off of my life's "must do before I die" list.

photos?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Awesome pics Foxy.... I didnt get into the Vic but I did go to Big City and I scored a Vic poster at Lolla....the Vic boot is amazing!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    hey laura, great photos!
    saw you but didn't know who you were...
    i was there with my husband.
    anyway... i agree with you... Ten CLub did a great job, i felt so sad for the hopeful outside the vic... and it was an experience i will never ever forget.
    cheers... and see ya at the next show!
    Serena

Serena, next time please definitely come up and say hey! :) (especially at the parties :D )

I still do feel bad for all the people who got left out, especially after reviewing how open the balcony was... but they all made the best of it and the dollar beers at Big City :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • I have never posted on this forum before, but over the years I have read many other fans sharing their experiences as I have followed Pearl Jam tours in past years. I have always found it interesting to see another PJ fans perspective on how the band has influenced them with the music they have given to us. Now that I am back home in Arizona, I was a little reluctant to post my story because I did not want to be known as the biggest idiot of a PJ fan to every exist. But driving 2200 miles from Chicago back to Mesa, Arizona really left me with a monkey on my back that I just can't shake! Despite being lucky enough to see PJ 31 different times in Concert from 1992-2007, I never realized how long I had waited for a chance for a show like the VIC in Chicago. For 15 years, I never believed I would have the opportunity to see PJ in such an intimate venue and when the 10Club sent me that email announcing the show, I almost died from excitement and anticipation of trying to get my hands on some tickets when they went on sale Thursday morning. I did not sleep for two days and when Thursday came around...I scored Two Tickets for the Exclusive 10 Club show at the Vic Theater 8/2/07.

My best friend and our 4 Lost Dogs (3 Staffordshire Terriers and 1 Chihuahua/Weiner Dog) packed our bags and were off to Madison, WI from Mesa,AZ to stay with his Mom before the big show with PJ @ the Vic and Lollapalooza @ Grant Park. His mom lives in a Log cabin on Lake Wisconsin, so we helped he stain her cabin during the week prior to the shows. Somehow working 12-13 hour days in 80-100% Humidity, I lost track of the day. I have always taken pride on using my Fan Club privileges to bring a person with me who has never seen Pearl Jam live. I take joy in opening someone new to the PJ experience and watching them go to a place I have been lucky enough to know since 1992! Thursday night before the Big Vic show, I am sitting with my friends Sean and Dan in Wisconsin talking about what songs that we hoped to hear. Dan was cool enough to give up his ticket to Sean (Childhood bud) since it would be his first PJ show ever. Sean wanted to hear them open with "I am Mine" and Close with "Yellow Ledbetter". I was hoping to get "Hard to Imagine" and "Indifference" as the closer. After talking about how awesome the show at the Vic was going to be...we hit the hay to get an early start to Chicago from Madison, WI the next morning. Around comes Friday 8/3/07 and we are driving down I-90 to Chicago to the Vic and Sean, a die hard Cubs fan says to turn on the Cubs radio because Eddie was going to sing the 7th Inning Stretch. I am thinking great, lets get a nice warm up song for the big Vic Show. After a commercial break the Cubs announcer delivers us the devastating news..."Hello Everyone from Wrigley Field today we have a very special guest, Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam has joined us in the booth. They played an amazing show LAST NIGHT AT THE VIC THEATER" I almost came to a screeching halt in disbelief...they was no way that I missed the Vic Concert! I pulled off I-90 in Rockford, IL to pull out my email confirmation to see it said Thursday, 8/2 at The Vic. I still have no idea how it happened, but in my mind the show was always on Friday night. I called the 10 Club Hotline, because I needed confirmation and the girl who answered made me feel even more like killing myself when she asked me how I messed the dates up? I had to then explain that I did not drive 2200 miles from Mesa, AZ to miss the concert on purpose, so that my 10 Club membership was not negatively affected for not showing up at the Vic on the right night. It was one of the WORST days of my life and the 90 minute drive back to Madison, WI was quite emotional for me. And in 15 years it was the first time I had ever shed tears over the band. Listening to Live at Beneroya Hall on the drive back, it was one of the first times that I had really reflected on the past 15 years enjoying live Pearl Jam and then realized that I had never tried to reach out to another Pearl Jamily member. After reading the Vic reviews and seeing the Vic clips on You Tube, it was was even harder for me, but I can appreciate that other fans were cool enough to share some of the experience that I have forever lost. My passion and energy for the band was missing from that small Vic room and my voice was missing from the Jamily sing alongs. You all brought a huge lump to my throat when I heard everyone singing with Ed at the Vic! You sounded beautiful. I truly want to apologize to the Band and all the other 10 Club members who made it to the Vic. I wish fate had never picked 8/2/07 to be the biggest mistake of my life. I would have cherished the opportunity to meet many different fans. I hope to get a chance in the future to listen and share the unique PJ experiences that we can all spend a lifetime trying to explain. It truly is Hard to Imagine! Thanks, Ray
    I have never posted on this forum before, but over the years I have read many other fans sharing their experiences as I have followed Pearl Jam tours in past years. I have always found it interesting to see another PJ fans perspective on how the band has influenced them with the music they have given to us. Now that I am back home in Arizona, I was a little reluctant to post my story because I did not want to be known as the biggest idiot of a PJ fan to every exist. But driving 2200 miles from Chicago back to Mesa, Arizona really left me with a monkey on my back that I just can't shake! Despite being lucky enough to see PJ 31 different times in Concert from 1992-2007, I never realized how long I had waited for a chance for a show like the VIC in Chicago. For 15 years, I never believed I would have the opportunity to see PJ in such an intimate venue and when the 10Club sent me that email announcing the show, I almost died from excitement and anticipation of trying to get my hands on some tickets when they went on sale Thursday morning. I did not sleep for two days and when Thursday came around...I scored Two Tickets for the Exclusive 10 Club show at the Vic Theater 8/2/07.

My best friend and our 4 Lost Dogs (3 Staffordshire Terriers and 1 Chihuahua/Weiner Dog) packed our bags and were off to Madison, WI from Mesa,AZ to stay with his Mom before the big show with PJ @ the Vic and Lollapalooza @ Grant Park. His mom lives in a Log cabin on Lake Wisconsin, so we helped he stain her cabin during the week prior to the shows. Somehow working 12-13 hour days in 80-100% Humidity, I lost track of the day. I have always taken pride on using my Fan Club privileges to bring a person with me who has never seen Pearl Jam live. I take joy in opening someone new to the PJ experience and watching them go to a place I have been lucky enough to know since 1992! Thursday night before the Big Vic show, I am sitting with my friends Sean and Dan in Wisconsin talking about what songs that we hoped to hear. Dan was cool enough to give up his ticket to Sean (Childhood bud) since it would be his first PJ show ever. Sean wanted to hear them open with "I am Mine" and Close with "Yellow Ledbetter". I was hoping to get "Hard to Imagine" and "Indifference" as the closer. After talking about how awesome the show at the Vic was going to be...we hit the hay to get an early start to Chicago from Madison, WI the next morning. Around comes Friday 8/3/07 and we are driving down I-90 to Chicago to the Vic and Sean, a die hard Cubs fan says to turn on the Cubs radio because Eddie was going to sing the 7th Inning Stretch. I am thinking great, lets get a nice warm up song for the big Vic Show. After a commercial break the Cubs announcer delivers us the devastating news..."Hello Everyone from Wrigley Field today we have a very special guest, Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam has joined us in the booth. They played an amazing show LAST NIGHT AT THE VIC THEATER" I almost came to a screeching halt in disbelief...they was no way that I missed the Vic Concert! I pulled off I-90 in Rockford, IL to pull out my email confirmation to see it said Thursday, 8/2 at The Vic. I still have no idea how it happened, but in my mind the show was always on Friday night. I called the 10 Club Hotline, because I needed confirmation and the girl who answered made me feel even more like killing myself when she asked me how I messed the dates up? I had to then explain that I did not drive 2200 miles from Mesa, AZ to miss the concert on purpose, so that my 10 Club membership was not negatively affected for not showing up at the Vic on the right night. It was one of the WORST days of my life and the 90 minute drive back to Madison, WI was quite emotional for me. And in 15 years it was the first time I had ever shed tears over the band. Listening to Live at Beneroya Hall on the drive back, it was one of the first times that I had really reflected on the past 15 years enjoying live Pearl Jam and then realized that I had never tried to reach out to another Pearl Jamily member. After reading the Vic reviews and seeing the Vic clips on You Tube, it was was even harder for me, but I can appreciate that other fans were cool enough to share some of the experience that I have forever lost. My passion and energy for the band was missing from that small Vic room and my voice was missing from the Jamily sing alongs. You all brought a huge lump to my throat when I heard everyone singing with Ed at the Vic! You sounded beautiful. I truly want to apologize to the Band and all the other 10 Club members who made it to the Vic. I wish fate had never picked 8/2/07 to be the biggest mistake of my life. I would have cherished the opportunity to meet many different fans. I hope to get a chance in the future to listen and share the unique PJ experiences that we can all spend a lifetime trying to explain. It truly is Hard to Imagine! Thanks, Ray
    Oh
    MY
    GOD
    :eek:

This is so sad. Im in shock :(
  • Oh
    MY
    GOD

This is so sad. Im in shock :(

Just when I was thinking my life was bad...
    Damn.. I hope you at least had a great time at Lolla!
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    eh, show was ok. ;)
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I was a little reluctant to post my story because I did not want to be known as the biggest idiot of a PJ fan to every exist.

...I scored Two Tickets for the Exclusive 10 Club show at the Vic Theater 8/2/07.

Around comes Friday 8/3/07 and we are driving down I-90 to Chicago to the Vic and Sean, a die hard Cubs fan says to turn on the Cubs radio because Eddie was going to sing the 7th Inning Stretch. I am thinking great, lets get a nice warm up song for the big Vic Show. After a commercial break the Cubs announcer delivers us the devastating news..."Hello Everyone from Wrigley Field today we have a very special guest, Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam has joined us in the booth. They played an amazing show LAST NIGHT AT THE VIC THEATER"
    yes you are!
    I just can't believe someone can be THAT daft! not for THAT show!

Sorry, I know I should be compassionate, but I can't stop thinking your 2 tickets could have been used by someone that actually had their head screwed on!

too many friends that hang around all day desperately looking for tickets to be understanding!

I'm gobsmacked!
  • ohmygod.
    that just made my stomach ache.

what a nightmare.

i don't know what to say..
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • For those of you who shared some sort of sympathy, I Thank you and appreciate the stories, pictures and video clips that you have shared!

As for the response from Pegasus...The last thing I needed in posting my story, was to get some sarcastic response from some pompous PJ rookie, who barely got his first taste in 2006! Get off your high horse insulting me by calling me an idiot who did not have my head screwed on. Jamily members do not insult and crap on each other, but I guess you have never made a mistake in your life Pegasus! You think I have any compassion for your friends who did not have any tickets for the Vic show and were only hoping to get in knowing they had no tickets. The chose to wait in the Hot sun for the slight chance at getting in the Vic. If they had a high speed internet connection they too had the chance to buy tickets online just like I did. Like I said, I did not drive across the USA to miss the show on purpose. Sometimes people make mistakes doing good for other people as I got caught up with helping my buddies Mom and lost sight of the actual date. This lapse in time has never happened to me before and I have never missed a concert in that past 300+ shows that I have attended. DON"T EVER MAKE A MISTAKE PEGASUS BECAUSE I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL BE THERE TO CALL YOU AN IDIOT! I guess you were one of the fans at the Vic that I was better off never meeting.

After getting this nasty response on my first attempt at posting, I now know why I was so reluctant to even share my story. Thanks for being "THAT GUY" Pegasus, I hope you are proud!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    For those of you who shared some sort of sympathy, I Thank you and appreciate the stories, pictures and video clips that you have shared!

As for the response from Pegasus...The last thing I needed in posting my story, was to get some sarcastic response from some pompous PJ rookie, who barely got his first taste in 2006! Get off your high horse insulting me by calling me an idiot who did not have my head screwed on. Jamily members do not insult and crap on each other, but I guess you have never made a mistake in your life Pegasus! You think I have any compassion for your friends who did not have any tickets for the Vic show and were only hoping to get in knowing they had no tickets. The chose to wait in the Hot sun for the slight chance at getting in the Vic. If they had a high speed internet connection they too had the chance to buy tickets online just like I did. Like I said, I did not drive across the USA to miss the show on purpose. Sometimes people make mistakes doing good for other people as I got caught up with helping my buddies Mom and lost sight of the actual date. This lapse in time has never happened to me before and I have never missed a concert in that past 300+ shows that I have attended. DON"T EVER MAKE A MISTAKE PEGASUS BECAUSE I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL BE THERE TO CALL YOU AN IDIOT! I guess you were one of the fans at the Vic that I was better off never meeting.

After getting this nasty response on my first attempt at posting, I now know why I was so reluctant to even share my story. Thanks for being "THAT GUY" Pegasus, I hope you are proud!
    wow, you went from 31 to 300 shows in the space of 1 post?
    and btw, the fact I didn't manage to see them until last year doesn't mean I'm a rookie.. there's some parts of the world they don't tour every year, some places they've never been even...

I didn't call you an idiot you did it yourself...I just agreed with you.

I know it was a mistake, I just can't believe someone would make it..it's not like the show was booked 6 months in advance, it was only 1 week!
    Were it for any other show, I'd have simply sympathised, and I do to a point, but for that particular show, it borders on 'criminal' ...the fact is that your tickets gone to waste when so many people who cared enough to make sure they were there on time (see all the posts where people were stressing out about not landing/arriving on time), but were UNLUCKY and didn't get tickets could have used them.

as for what 'Jamily' members do (most people hate that term btw), you said yourself
    that I had never tried to reach out to another Pearl Jamily member
    , so how would you know?
    if you were as considerate as you pretend to be, you wouldn't come here looking for sympathy (and you ONLY came here for that) where so many people would have done anything to make sure to be there and get in, had they had been lucky in scoring tickets... it's like dangling rotten meat at a starving dog.. my sympathy goes to them.

and yes I make mistakes, but I don't brag about them and don't expect people to feel sorry for me when I screw up.
  • StereotypeStereotype Posts: 885
    Pegasus wrote:
    yes you are!
    I just can't believe someone can be THAT daft! not for THAT show!

Sorry, I know I should be compassionate, but I can't stop thinking your 2 tickets could have been used by someone that actually had their head screwed on!

too many friends that hang around all day desperately looking for tickets to be understanding!

I'm gobsmacked!

You are heartless and selfish.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• For those of you who shared some sort of sympathy, I Thank you and appreciate the stories, pictures and video clips that you have shared!

Thanks for sharing...that is awful though. Makes me wonder how many of the 800 people on the floor ran into some type of test on that trip. My wife and I got our car parked exactly one hour before show time (thanks to the time change). We got delayed departing and then waited for over a half hour in traffic on I-70 where apparently a semi had jacknifed and left one side of the highway closed. I finally turned around in the median and re-routed through the countryside...my 6 hour drive turned into 8 and we barely made it. I'm just surprised nobody else in your crew read the email and caught it; so sorry.
    Left the Porch
  • Pegasus wrote:

as for what 'Jamily' members do (most people hate that term btw)

Thank God...I thought it was just me
    Left the Porch