Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    camaros wrote:
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    I just called a liquor store local to me in MA and they said $30 a bottle :o

I guess places are chargind a crazy premium on this based on the demand and the limited supply? Can they do that?

unfortunately yes... it's a crock of shit :evil: , but it's cheaper than driving to Delaware...

I don't quite understand, why is this a crock of shit and evil? Shouldn't a store owner be able to set the price for one of his products at whatever he wants?

It's called price gouging. I have a feeling DFH wouldn't be happy if they knew this place was ripping people off.
  • Options
    wrenc wrote:
    Faithfull has hit Seattle! Full Throttle Bottles in Seattle sold all they had in about an hour this morning.

The Beer Junction in West Seattle has a couple cases of the Faithfull Ale, as does the Super Deli at the corner of 35th & Barton. I was able to buy 3 bottles between both places (two to drink and one to add to my Pearl Jam collectibles). The bottles were about $15 each.
  • Options
    Talked to a place in Atlanta. If the Nov. 4 date is accurate for the distributor in savannah the stores here should get them on Tuesday Nov. 8.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    In stock at bottleworks in Seattle and malt and vine in Redmond!
  • Options
    The Delaware liquor stores got their shipments today. First store I went to charged $15.99 and had a one bottle per person limit. The other two stores I went to charged $13.99 and $12.99 and no limit. Definitely excited to try my first bottle tonight!!! :D
  • Options
    Thank You DH & PJ. You've managed to make our lil 1st state important!!
  • Options
    CR15053CR15053 Posts: 166
    ddoggs71 wrote:

Hell yeah!! Sure, they'll never play here, but atleast DE will be known for brewing this. ;)
  • Options
    Add locations to the map. Link is located on the first page. Thanks.

Can't wait to find some.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    All these people finding it are bumming me out now :-(
    +1 And I was just in Florida last week, argh!! Have you heard anything else in Ohio? I don't really want to go the ebay route so I might have to make a trip over there if I can't find anybody with an extra.

Sadly, no. I called a distributor today and she said she's had a ton of calls for it but has no clue when or how much. I thought I might have an advantage because I live 5 minutes from a place that should be getting it and said they'd hold a bottle and call me when they get it, but I'm not counting on it.

On the bright side I am going to pick up a couple bottles of Hellhound tomorrow.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Drinking my first one as we speak... not bad, not bad at all.
  • Options
    CR15053 wrote:
    ddoggs71 wrote:

Hell yeah!! Sure, they'll never play here, but atleast DE will be known for brewing this. ;)

Agreed! Glad it was a DE brewery :)
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    jrnyc wrote:
    camaros wrote:
    unfortunately yes... it's a crock of shit :evil: , but it's cheaper than driving to Delaware...

I don't quite understand, why is this a crock of shit and evil? Shouldn't a store owner be able to set the price for one of his products at whatever he wants?

It's called price gouging. I have a feeling DFH wouldn't be happy if they knew this place was ripping people off.

I doubt the people at Dogfish Head really care what one little store is doing. They sell so much beer that they had to stop shipping 60 Minute IPA to Ontario since their production couldn't keep up with US demand.

As far as price gouging goes, it is hardly gouging if it is not something that you need to buy or are forced to buy. If my natural gas supplier suddenly quadruples their prices this winter, and I need gas to heat my home, that is price gouging. A store owner increasing the price of the beer they are selling to to what they think it is worth is hardly the same thing, since no one is forcing anyone to buy it from him.
  • Options
    nucmed24nucmed24 Posts: 144
    Washington State Folks: Waugh's store in Aberdeen, WA were able to score two cases, and only have one case of Faithfull Ale left. They are selling for $20 a bottle, limit 2 per person. You can call (360) 533-3880, ask for Trent if interested... maybe they will hold some for you or even ship if you paid shipping?
    I'm Eric.

Gorge 9/1/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Seattle 9/22/09
    Portland 7/14/11 (Ed Solo)
    Seattle 7/15/11 (Ed Solo)
    Bridge School 10/23/11 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 10/31/12 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 11/1/12 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    MSRP

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price

If you really want to limit something to one per buyer you charge an arm and a leg for it.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Evensteven wrote:
    How did it get to FL so fast?

By airplane... :D

I'm waiting on the phone call from the store telling me that the 2 bottles I'm on the waiting list for are in. Sounded like they are only getting a case or two
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    PhishNoC wrote:
    Picked mine up in Florida for about $13.00, the 120 Min IPA was only $9.00. The store I went through got three cases.

120 minute is generally about $8.00, $7.50 at the brewpub. I picked up a 4 pack at the brewpub when I got my faithfull ale, and it was $30. Those are Delaware prices, so I guess $9.00 is not too bad for Florida.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    T-Bone 82 wrote:
    Dear God! I had no idea it was going to be so expensive. $10 - $30 per bottle depending on the state / distributor?!

That is pure insanity. I know it's a unique product and limited distribution, but that's crazy expensive. I really wanted to try it but don't know if I can justify that! I guess I'll just hope NJ or PA are on the lower end of that and buy a six pack.

I don't have time to read through all of these pages - can somebody tell me when PA and NJ are expected to get this in stores?

good luck finding a six pack :lol:

it's one size fits all. 750ml bottle.

Oh! I didn't realize. Well, that's a different story. I thought it was a standard 12 oz beer bottle which is why I thought it was so completely ridiculous.

Still expensive, but it's the size of a wine bottle so I will definitely buy one.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    Got mine yesterday 15.00 bucks here in MA Julio's liquors sold out by 6:30pm

I'm sure there will be a thread about how its a limited edition and how unfair it is that they didn't get one in time, or how little notice there was about it, and how 10c is to blame for its limited edition-ness. :lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I'm sure there will be a thread about how its a limited edition and how unfair it is that they didn't get one in time, or how little notice there was about it, and how 10c is to blame for its limited edition-ness. :lol:

you know it's coming :lol:

at this point, i don't really care anymore. the description didn't excite me about the beer...just htought it would be neat to have. there is plenty of other beer out there to enjoy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Just called my local Binny's in suburban Chicago and he said the distributor didn't even mention it today. Still no clue when it might be in our area. Not sure if anybody has any better/other info for Chicagoland, but that's what I just heard. I emailed the distributor and I'll let you know if I hear back.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Just got some in Brattleboro, VT. At the food co-op, bought 6, left 6. 11.49 a bottle.
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    wow- this stuff is hard to get...and the answers I've been getting are hilarious "the pearl jam shit?- they're not bottling it" "only getting one case and 4 people in line for it" AND the best...irritated voice "yes I have it, I can't hold it, can't promise it will be here if you come to get it, limit 2 per person, 2 cases left" I laughed and apologized saying she must be getting a lot of calls...yes she had.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    Got mine today at Boston Craft Beer Cellar in Belmont MA. I had called about it three weeks ago asking when they were getting it in. They called me today as they were holding a bottle for me. By the time I got there around 3 hours after they call, the bottle they were holding for me was the only one left.

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • Options
    Just called my local Binny's in suburban Chicago and he said the distributor didn't even mention it today. Still no clue when it might be in our area. Not sure if anybody has any better/other info for Chicagoland, but that's what I just heard. I emailed the distributor and I'll let you know if I hear back.

I was at Binnys in Lakeview today picking up my weekly goods. They were stocking the shelves as I was standing there with at least 6 different dogfish beers. The guys said they didn't know when they would get it in.....why is it so difficult?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

I was at Binnys in Lakeview today picking up my weekly goods. They were stocking the shelves as I was standing there with at least 6 different dogfish beers. The guys said they didn't know when they would get it in.....why is it so difficult?

the state has to sign off...and we all know how IL works. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

the state has to sign off...and we all know how IL works. :x

Sign off on each beer? I assumed since Dogfish Head was at almost every frickin Binnys and Whole Foods in the city that Faithful would just follow suite....no?
  • Options
    Sign off on each beer? I assumed since Dogfish Head was at almost every frickin Binnys and Whole Foods in the city that Faithful would just follow suite....no?

that state has to approve each and every beer sold here. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

that state has to approve each and every beer sold here. :roll:

"knowing is half the battle"
  • Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 324
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    For anyone in downtown Boston, Federal Wine and Spirits near Gov't Center got a case. I was just over there and grabbed two, literally met the DFH distributor as the store owner was signing the invoice.

The distributor said he doubted he'd get his hands on a bottle and that their phones have been ringing off the hook.
    Good call. Picked one up here this afternoon
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
    fsu2626 wrote:
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    For anyone in downtown Boston, Federal Wine and Spirits near Gov't Center got a case. I was just over there and grabbed two, literally met the DFH distributor as the store owner was signing the invoice.

The distributor said he doubted he'd get his hands on a bottle and that their phones have been ringing off the hook.
    Good call. Picked one up here this afternoon

Glad to help!