***YIELD Campaign Cincinnati 2006***

Comments

• grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    RE: PhillyPJ's attendance.

Pledge Grace is coming into her own.... :D

little grace does not fuck around. you've been warned.

:)
    take your money and your drugs.
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    I tend to agree with YIH that uniform postcards would be a good idea to send out. It would show that we're organized and that we mean business.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    RockKing wrote:
    I tend to agree with YIH that uniform postcards would be a good idea to send out. It would show that we're organized and that we mean business.

Only problem is we have limited time. If something could be produced by say, the end of the weekend, we could be in business.

Grace- what is happening to accomplish this? Anything?
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I still can't believe this is happening!

Let me look into getting a bulk of Cincy postcards. We need to move quick. Even if I get these out tomorrow, by the time you get them there will be less than two weeks, and by the tiem you send to Tenclub, there will be a week or so.

I've just put very short messages referencing the desire for lots of YIELD in Cincy. Uniform would be better, but I think time is more of the essence here!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    I have a question about this boat that takes us from the Kentucky side to the Ohio side. Where can we get on it on the Ohio side to head over to the Beer Sellar? My plan is to park somewhere on the Ohio side, go to the arena to pick up my tickets, and then head over to the Sellar. Anyone have any info on where I can get on this boat?

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
    Only problem is we have limited time. If something could be produced by say, the end of the weekend, we could be in business.

Grace- what is happening to accomplish this? Anything?

Well, if Grace's roommate falls through the cracks, I can try to get something designed by the end of the weekend that I could post for everyone to download, print out, and send to the 10c.

Fanch, what kind of text did you include in the postcards you sent?

RockKing wrote:
    I have a question about this boat that takes us from the Kentucky side to the Ohio side. Where can we get on it on the Ohio side to head over to the Beer Sellar? My plan is to park somewhere on the Ohio side, go to the arena to pick up my tickets, and then head over to the Sellar. Anyone have any info on where I can get on this boat?

FoxyMop probably can provide details on how often the Beer Barge will be crossing the Ohio. I can't imagine very often. I am getting my tix at the venue and then heading over to the Beer Sellar. From there I'll cross ride the Beer Barge to the show & back. Maybe a stop at Hooters is in order after the show.
    RockKing wrote:
    Well, if Grace's roommate falls through the cracks, I can try to get something designed by the end of the weekend that I could post for everyone to download, print out, and send to the 10c.

Fanch, what kind of text did you include in the postcards you sent?

Very short, very simple. THe one from today was said "Please play lots of YIELD for Cincy 6/24/06! We're having CCFA fundraiser that will be YIELD-themed, adn we'd love it!"

Different variations of that. Short enough that someone will read it, and with minimal elaboration. I may write more on subsequent mailings.
    fanch75 wrote:
    FoxyMop probably can provide details on how often the Beer Barge will be crossing the Ohio. I can't imagine very often. I am getting my tix at the venue and then heading over to the Beer Sellar. From there I'll cross ride the Beer Barge to the show & back. Maybe a stop at Hooters is in order after the show.

I'm not opposed to this, except I don't want to have to pay to park just to get my tix. Any tips on cheap/free parking spots where I can park for a few minutes just to pick up my tickets?

fanch75 wrote:
    Maybe a stop at Hooters is in order after the show.

see: Grace's hotel room. ;) j/k
    RockKing wrote:
    I'm not opposed to this, except I don't want to have to pay to park just to get my tix. Any tips on cheap/free parking spots where I can park for a few minutes just to pick up my tickets?

Ummmm....not sure. The Cincy Reds Stadium has a "temp" area that is closely watched so that people can run up, buy game tix, and run back to their cars. I have only seen 2 shows at USB Arena, and always had tickets ahead of time. I'll call and find out over the weekend.

Most of the shows for Cincy are at the now-famous Riverbend Amphitheater.
    see: Grace's hotel room. ;) j/k

i know that's not referring to *me*.
    grace6697 wrote:
    i know that's not referring to *me*.

I am very eager to party with the Legend Gracie once again.
    fanch75 wrote:
    I am very eager to party with the Legend Gracie once again.

Same here, sans "once again."
    BarelyAlive is trying to come as well. This could be the best yet.

YIH, you gotz to get teh rest of the MN crew here. Last I heard, BlkFlg was in.
    fanch75 wrote:

i am very excited to do this once again! YIH, i hope you're not shy. :)

get those fuckers from MN to cincy. it will not be a party without them.
    fanch75 wrote:

We discussed this....I'm not sure about that. I'll PM him.
    grace6697 wrote:
    YIH, i hope you're not shy. :)

I could be shy in front of a beautiful YIELD goddess such as yourself. :D
    I could be shy in front of a beautiful YIELD goddess such as yourself. :D

awww. this is going to be the best weekend ever!! could it beat philly? hmm.

also, re: the postcard. becks is willing to work on one but RockKing, if you can put it online so we could all download it, that's way better/more effective/efficient. etc.

what do we think?
    grace6697 wrote:
    awww. this is going to be the best weekend ever!! could it beat philly? hmm.

also, re: the postcard. becks is willing to work on one but RockKing, if you can put it online so we could all download it, that's way better/more effective/efficient. etc.

what do we think?

If she creates it and emails it to me, I can host it on yieldfanclub.com and everyone can download it from there. That sounds like a great way to do it to me.

RockKing wrote:
    If she creates it and emails it to me, I can host it on yieldfanclub.com and everyone can download it from there. That sounds like a great way to do it to me.

she's concerned because she's very DIY. we have a scanner. is this doable?
    RockKing wrote:

Sounds good to me... I'll send a Des Moines one first though.
    grace6697 wrote:
    she's concerned because she's very DIY. we have a scanner. is this doable?

Scan both sides into 2 seperate image files. Email those to me. I'll insert them into a word document and convert it to PDF. Then, I'll just offer the PDF file on yieldfanclub.com.

And DIY is the best way. I would think the band would appreciate a grassroots look and feel more than they would something that looks too corporate, if you know what I mean.

RockKing wrote:
    Scan both sides into 2 seperate image files. Email those to me. I'll insert them into a word document and convert it to PDF. Then, I'll just offer the PDF file on yieldfanclub.com.

And DIY is the best way. I would think the band would appreciate a grassroots look and feel more than they would something that looks too corporate, if you know what I mean.

Whoops! I sent mine all on Halliburton post cards! I hope they are cool with that.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Whoops! I sent mine all on Halliburton post cards! I hope they are cool with that.

Well, I imagine it caught their attention. :D

RockKing wrote:

and i have a mac. still not an issue?
    grace6697 wrote:
    and i have a mac. still not an issue?

That's not an issue as long as you can scan it into a common image format, such as .jpg, .gif, .png, etc.

RockKing wrote:
    That's not an issue as long as you can scan it into a common image format, such as .jpg, .gif, .png, etc.

fab. we're on.
    grace6697 wrote:
    fab.

"fab" = yuppie speak
    "fab" = yuppie speak

make up your mind. am i a hippie or a yuppie?

:)