Options

***YIELD Campaign Cincinnati 2006***

Comments

• Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    dude you just stepped on a snake....a red and white snake

"DON'T TREAD ON ME"!!!
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    the unseen wrote:
    fuck this.

they had to cancel the riot act show because the venue flooded out......

so i think the show should have plenty of stuff from the last two records,not stuff that is almost ten years old.

dig out your 98 boots if you want to hear yield songs.

they are touring for a record called pearl jam,this is the stuff that should be played....as well as a heap of riot act since the city didnt get that tour.

You coulda gone to Columbus dude. You're going to get some 8, and probably not much riot act. If you want some r.a. start your own campaign. Best wishes to you. :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    the unseen wrote:
    fuck this.

so i think the show should have plenty of stuff from the last two records,not stuff that is almost ten years old.

they are touring for a record called pearl jam,this is the stuff that should be played....as well as a heap of riot act since the city didnt get that tour.

Thank you for your constructive criticism. It has been noted and filed.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    You coulda gone to Columbus dude. You're going to get some 8, and probably not much riot act. If you want some r.a. start your own campaign. Best wishes to you. :)
    Exactly- and the Columbus 03' show kicked ass. The band doesn't seem to be playing much RA lately... and truthfully, I'm pretty happy about that.
  • Options
    the unseen wrote:
    fuck this.

Yawn.....This sentiment bores me. What difference does it make that the album is 8 years old??? It doesn't change how fucking amazing those songs are. It also doesn't change the fact that songs like Brain of J, Faithfull, No Way, Pilate, In Hiding, and All Those Yesterdays (which are some of my favorite songs EVER) are either never played anymore or are rarely played.

Regardless, this is all in good fun. We're not saying that they should ONLY play stuff from YIELD.....Rather, we are saying it would be really cool to hear a bunch of YIELD songs in addition to the new songs, which sound fucking great live by the way. We are not anti-all-other-PJ-albums. We're just asking for one show if they could play us some YIELD.

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:
    Regardless, this is all in good fun. We're not saying that they should ONLY play stuff from YIELD.....Rather, we are saying it would be really cool to hear a bunch of YIELD songs in addition to the new songs, which sound fucking great live by the way. We are not anti-all-other-PJ-albums. We're just asking for one show if they could play us some YIELD.

Right the fuck on man.

You're on fire lately.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Right the fuck on man.

You're on fire lately.

PBM

What can I say? The Council teaches us pledges well! :)

• Options
    RockKing wrote:
    Yawn.....This sentiment bores me. What difference does it make that the album is 8 years old??? It doesn't change how fucking amazing those songs are. It also doesn't change the fact that songs like Brain of J, Faithfull, No Way, Pilate, In Hiding, and All Those Yesterdays (which are some of my favorite songs EVER) are either never played anymore or are rarely played.

I REALLY hope they bring back Brain of J... they haven't played that in a while!
  • Options
    the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    dude you just stepped on a snake....a red and white snake

i cant think of a red/white snake that is poisonous.
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:

Well said...even though I already said it on the first page of the campaign post. ;)
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    Well said...even though I already said it on the first page of the campaign post. ;)

can't be said enough...

:)
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:

yield bores me.

it doesnt hold up compared to the last records they have put out.
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    RockKing wrote:

Yeah, great way to say it. I've add 'the campaign' to my sig.
  • Options
    the unseen wrote:
    yield bores me.

Here's a good thread for you to post in:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=172911&highlight=talking+riot+act
  • Options
    the unseen wrote:
    yield bores me.

Your criticism bores me. How does it not hold up compared to the last records? Especially riot act....
  • Options
    Your criticism bores me. How does it not hold up compared to the last records? Especially riot act....

i cant explain it....

theres something about yield i cant get into...the songs are too happy sounding or something...maybe it's the production.

i like the songs live well enough,i just cant listen to the record all the way thru.i've never understood why that seems to be the benchmark record for a lot of fans......even the newest one,alot of posts said it was right up there with yield......as good as yield......

i'd much rather listen to binaural or even riot act,as weak as the lyrics are on that record than yield.maybe they groove better....who knows.

but,i also think hey foxymophandlemomma is one of the best things they have ever recorded.
  • Options

Yeah, sometimes people just need to be reminded of such things. :)

• Options
    the unseen wrote:
    but,i also think hey foxymophandlemomma is one of the best things they have ever recorded.

Okay...you're funny.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Okay...you're funny.

Ya... lol

Plenty of threads out there and this one had to be picked on.

*shrugs*

Don't worry... we'll get more YIELD songs at Cincy!

Pearl Jam loves minorities, I tell ya...
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Mel...did you send in your official postcard?

PBM

• Options
    Mel...did you send in your official postcard?

PBM

*stutters* w-w-well....

I got no ink for my printer....

Can I do the e-card to 10c??
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    *stutters* w-w-well....

I'll send one in for you and sign it for you and Bobby.

PBM

• Options
    I'll send one in for you and sign it for you and Bobby.

PBM

*bows*

thank you sweetie...

hug Mandy for me and don't forget to play some PJ tunes for the baby tonight... :D

we need more little PJ rockers!!!
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    *stutters* w-w-well....

You could always try sending an email and attaching the postcard. That's actually not a bad idea.

• Options
    9 days, 9 hours, 47 minutes, 26 seconds.

PBM

• Options
    9 days, 9 hours, 47 minutes, 26 seconds.

PBM

"The waiting drove me mad..."

I know, that one's just too easy.

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Hello all,

Just checking in. Wrote up three more postcards which will be sent first-class tomorrow (it's worth the extra $0.12 for it to get there in a couple of days instead of 5). The YIELD Campaign continues.

First few days of the new job have been excellent. Thanks to anyone who's PM'd me with their well-wishes. :D

Fanch
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    It's Saturday night and the Original Fanch just retired to bed a bit ago. It's gonna be cool to take him to the Reds game (they'll lose - I'm going) and to Hooter's tomorrow. Aw yeah.

I also wanted to point out to those of you traveling from out of town - Cincinnati is very far west in the Eastern Time zone. You cross into Indiana and you're in the Central Time zone. That being said, the Cincy 6/24 show is right on the Summer Solistice, so you can look forward to some daylight past 10pm. :) Of course, this won't matter on the night of the show, but on the night before, yeah.

And, the extended weather report is looking very good. We're a week out, but still this is good news.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    becks519becks519 Posts: 13
    I sent out my 10 postcards on Friday with many cute messages
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    I also wanted to point out to those of you traveling from out of town - Cincinnati is very far west in the Eastern Time zone. You cross into Indiana and you're in the Central Time zone.

That's something I didn't take into consideration. Thanks for the heads up.

PBM