Options

**Halifax Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    Speachless... :eek:
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Ed's rants were some of the best I've ever heard!!! What a funny guy!.

"It says 8 pack, Where the fuck are the other 7?!?!?"

If you buy 1 show for it's rants (and setlist of course), make it this one.
    If you're looking for a loud crowd, don't make it this one. It was loud and all, but only as loud as 10,000-11,000 can be.
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    What an ubelievable show!!! We got a lot of the huge classics, but also got some really kickass rare tracks too. There was so much energy in the building, and it was really loud the whole night
    I mean, Hard to Imagine as an opener was just killer, low light, Glorified G!
    breath! i'm still so pumped up i can't even focus on what i should be doing right now haha
    Ed really was interacting a lot with the crowd and the whole band seemed to be having such a great time. WOW, what an unforgettable night!
    saw things so much clearer...
    want you...in my....REARVIEW MIRROR
    ---
    One thing that I know for sure gonna give her the loving
    Like nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody can.
  • Options
    I was at the Montreal and Ottawa shows and were amazing.. and the Ottawa was the best set list so far..until now..Wow the Halifax setlist is amazing...I think we have a tie here...hmm..maybe Halifax was a little better...just jealous because I wasn't there..!
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    Anyone have a pic of the poster?
    Visit my Blog : Understanding Eli
    http://eliharris.blogspot.com

>>St. John's, Newfoundland, 09/24/05 & 09/25/05<<
  • Options
    :eek: Hard To Imagine, Lowlight and Nothingman all in the same set! You lucky Halifaxians!
    i cant f**king believe it, i have been dying to hear nothingman, off he goes, and hard to imagine, i loved montreal but damn.... i wish i had been there....
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    scotia wrote:
    I'm not the most efficient around a computer, how can I put pics up if you can't have attachments. Any help would be great!
    Thanks
    You first need to upload your photos to a hosting site such as photobucket.com. Then post a link to your photos.
  • Options
    Yeah.. welll... hey.... does "Gods among men" do this show justice? It was un-fucking-believable. Eddie with a can on his head, the crowd singing a few bars on 2 or 3 different songs.. and some very quotable stuff...

"We just came in from Quebec where it was dark and cold... this place is like the fucking tropics compared to it.."

"It says 8-pack, what the fuck? Bring me the other seven!"

"Maybe in the future if our schedule and your schedule aren't too busy, we can do this again sometime"

My first show, and I feel weird. I thought I'd feel like I could die happy after the show, but it's completely the opposite... Pearl Jam is my drug of choice, and I need anolther hit...
  • Options
    Woh! Unreel... I wasn't at the show last night but I dreamnt that the band had played Breath in Montreal last week, woke up signing it and now I read they played it!!! Anyways, would've loved to be there, makes you wonder what's awaiting St-John's!
  • Options
    My first show, and I feel weird. I thought I'd feel like I could die happy after the show, but it's completely the opposite... Pearl Jam is my drug of choice, and I need anolther hit...

I hear ya on that! that's exactly how I felt too!!
  • Options
    Yea, the show really was unbelievable. The fans (myself included) were so appreciative there were times when I thought Ed was gonna tell us to stop cheering so he could actually speak and be heard... but he'd just shake his head and once told us, "you're too kind" when he couldn't get a word in. Also told us how much the band appreciated the fact that the venue'd sold out in a couple hours. The energy was just unreal, and once the band and the audience connected it really was special. All of the banter from Ed was just great... "Get me a goddamn Keith's and we'll play all night!" And I can't say enough about the crowd - sometimes at shows the crowd's all over the board, but here it was like a huge united person that PJ was playing to and Ed was talking to. I've never been at a show - of any band - that the headliner played so long... at one point I actually started to think that if people kept bringing Ed Keith's they WOULD play all night!!

And the music... so freakin' good.... man! The absolute balls-out emotion that the band conveys blows me away. To be able to play that long, and that hard, and sound THAT good, and play such a wide variety of tunes... just smokin'!! They are impressive as hell... and so nice and friendly to top it all off.

I gotta say, that is perhaps the best show I've ever seen at the Metro Centre in Halifax, and one of the best ever.

Cheers to all who were there, and to those who weren't, THIS ONE is well worth the $9.99 - for the music and the character!
  • Options
    :eek: Hard To Imagine, Lowlight and Nothingman all in the same set! You lucky Halifaxians!

... just a note ;) we're actually Haligonians... I know, perhaps non-sensical, but true
  • Options
    WOW!!!
    Okay, now I'm jealous! I can't complain, cause I got to go to 4 shows, but this setlist blows all the others away! I had a list of like 12 songs that I hadn't heard live yet for Toronto, and didn't get to hear any of them. I was just hoping for one. There was like 4 of them played last night...oh how I wish I were there! I'll definately be buying this boot I guess!
    Hopefully next time they come through Toronto, the setlist will be something like this bad boy!

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    that setlist is the explanation of why one just needs to go to every show on the tour in order to be satisfied. i love this band. how dare anyone bitch about these setlists?!?!?!? wow. so sad i missed that one.
  • Options
    I've been to concerts... but last night was more amazing then any words could ever descride!

From the moment I walked into the Metro Centre I had to remind myself that I was actually at the concert and that it was not just some figment of my imagination. The atmosphere was intense, everyone waiting to see what actually seeing pearl jam live would be like... they did not dissapoint!

I woke up to betterman this morning on the radio... reminded me of the concert and I've been on cloud 9 ever since!!
    "if I can't be a good example... at least I'm a horrible warning"
  • Options
    Wow...looks like an awesome night...will be the first boot I buy other than the shows I attended...its funny I think of Halifax, Ottawa, London, and Saskatoon and compare it to Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver....the set lists were off the wall for the previous four and similar in the latter...dont get me wrong I love the sets everywhere...just seems they brought out the more obscure stuff for the smaller places/venues...most likely just coincidence....but who knows...judging from this St. Johns will be rocking...cannot wait to buy this boot....
  • Options
    skipskip Posts: 25
    I was suprised to hear bu$hleaguer was played and was curious to know how the crowd responded and did Ed wear the George Bush mask, I was at the New York show when the band was booed
  • Options
    Last night was so fucking amazing. I never dreamed in my life that i would be within 40-50 feet of Eddie and the gang. To top it off when i first got there the usher gave me and 4 of my friends new seats!! 2nd row side stage. Its not the same as in front but it was still fucking great. MIKE'S FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!! Watching him solo during Evenflow and Alive was like living in a dream world. I still can't believe that I went to that concert last night. It will take a while to set in.
  • Options
    No I was disapointed he didn't have the bush mask.
  • Options
    Now i know what jealousy is ;)

What an amazing setlist, you lucky bastards :)
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Wow great setlist, I have to stop reading these reviews and setlist's, I have already paid for 3 shows, now i'll have a definate 4th. I'll be broke by the end of this tour! :)
  • Options
    thanks a lot for the pic info.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Any pics yet? Mine all came out blurred...for some reason..so cmon someone..show me the love.....................
  • Options
    And me the love too... Post a pic of the poster if anyone has it. Please.
    Visit my Blog : Understanding Eli
    http://eliharris.blogspot.com

>>St. John's, Newfoundland, 09/24/05 & 09/25/05<<
  • Options
    Skip wrote:
    I was suprised to hear bu$hleaguer was played and was curious to know how the crowd responded and did Ed wear the George Bush mask, I was at the New York show when the band was booed

He didn't have the Bush mask, but he did say "this song is about an asshole" before they started playing.
  • Options
    Skip wrote:

I'm sure they weren't booed in Canadian....
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BinOttawa/featured
    Sometimes I see a strange spot in the sky, a human being that was Given To Fly
  • Options

I'm with you on that one. Not to glorify this particular drug but I would describe PJ as being like heroin...first hit and you're an addict. I know understand why people travel far and wide to see this musical phenomenon. I really didn't have high expectations going into the show eventhough I knew they would probably put on a great show. However, I was completely floored by the band and the crowd. To date I have not felt that kind of intensity at any show that I have been to. It felt like if things kept going the way they were, Halifax was going to experience a power outage from the sheer electricity of the show.

One of the previous posters said the show was around 2 hours and 45 minutes but the band came on at 8:15 and left the stage around 11:30. If my elementary math skills are up to snuff than that would make it 3 hours and 15 minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure those were the times that I witnessed. It was funny, prior to starting into the second encore, Eddie said they were going to play two more songs but they just kept playing. I also never knew that Eddie was such a comedian, maybe it was the alcohol. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who found it hysterical when Eddie said "This song is about an asshole" prior to starting into Bush Leaguer. I only wish that we would have topped it off by putting on the mask.

My only complaint lies with the opening band. Personally, I wasn't that impressed with them but to be fair to them, the soundman must have been asleep as it was hard to distinguish each song from the other. Eddie mentioned that he would swim through 3 miles of ice water to see their band play. So, I haven't written Sleater-Kinney off yet and they did bring it up a few notches when they came back out for Rockin' in the Free World.

Very kick-ass night indeed!!
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    this might be purchase worthy.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    To the bigger dude (if your on here) who sat in front me in Calgary (in the rocking 108 section) for his first show and was attending this show..YOUR ONE LUCKY FUCKER....you have witnessed two of the best performances on this tour but good for you...hope you had one hella of a time...
  • Options
    EManEMan Posts: 2
    funkymonk wrote:

One of the previous posters said the show was around 2 hours and 45 minutes but the band came on at 8:15 and left the stage around 11:30. If my elementary math skills are up to snuff than that would make it 3 hours and 15 minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure those were the times that I witnessed.

Did you come from the Central time zone? You must have forgot to set your watch ahead. :) PJ came on around 9 and was done around 11:30.

Maybe Sleater kinney came on at 8:15? That would seem about right.