Greek financial crisis

PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
edited February 2016 in A Moving Train
George Papandreou - Greek Prime Minister
tumblr_lsplidAfMQ1r3tp5no1_500.png

Steve Jobs - American inventor and entrepreneur
Steve-Jobs-1955-2011-426x252-custom.png
Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
Post edited by Pap on

Comments

• might be Dimitri's bandwidth costing the country large!

has over 40,000 posts in 3 1/2 years...50 posts a day? wtf?

do we even blink that many times in a day? LOL

Dimitris, there are a couple things i think i'll never see again in my lifetime re: numbers

1) somebody beating cal ripkens winning streak
    2) somebody breaking the amount of records gretzky has
    3) the amount of posts you have posted...incredible

love the passion man...
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    might be Dimitri's bandwidth costing the country large!
    :) :eh:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    edited June 2015
    Matriz.jpg
    Post edited by Pap on
  • What a coincidence (NOT), we have the exact same thing about our ex prime-minister (the new one has only been there for a few months, so it's not eligible for this joke yet...).
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
    edited June 2015
    Post edited by Pap on
    (the new one has only been there for a few months, so it's not eligible for this joke yet...).
    It's never too late... ;)
    edited October 2011
    http://imageshack.us/f/17/picture28qb.png/

George Papandreou as Steven Spielberg.
    Post edited by Pap on
  • Pap wrote:
    (the new one has only been there for a few months, so it's not eligible for this joke yet...).
    It's never too late... ;)

Oh absolutely! And he's doing his best to get there! :mrgreen:

Oh well, we gotta laugh a bit at this, otherwise we'd be slitting our wrists, right...?
    Oh well, we gotta laugh a bit at this, otherwise we'd be slitting our wrists, right...?
    Absolutely. :thumbup:
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

Dimitris, there are a couple things i think i'll never see again in my lifetime re: numbers

love the passion man...
    Or maybe him spending his money on 10C and PJ related goods instead of the local Greek small businesses? ;):mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • The OP is like one of those "know/no Jesus/peace" bumper stickers.
    I knew it all along, see?
    Or maybe him spending his money on 10C and PJ related goods instead of the local Greek small businesses? ;):mrgreen:

Not just Dimitris, but we all Greeks need to support our local products and businesses. Very good point. :thumbup:
    The OP is like one of those "know/no Jesus/peace" bumper stickers.
    If by this, you mean that I'm against the smash of my country from the IMF (America) and EU (especially Germany and France) then yes. This is who I am. I'm not a sheep like some others. Wake up!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Pap wrote:
    The OP is like one of those "know/no Jesus/peace" bumper stickers.
    If by this, you mean that I'm against the smash of my country from the IMF (America) and EU (especially Germany and France) then yes. This is who I am. I'm not a sheep like some others. Wake up!
    Good one Pap..they cant fuckin take our Spirit,Culture,Heritage...
    ill give them my balls instead..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • In Portugal I believe the MAJOR problem isn't others... It's us... There are NO politicians with balls AND practical ideas... Obviously there is pressure from the "big boys", but I can't worry about that that while we rott from the inside... Jobs being given to incompetent people because they're someone's nephew, making us live with less and less money (those of us who work) while maintaing ex-politicians on a life-long income for having done a shitty job for a few months...
    In so many situations the lyrics "Tell you to pray, while the devil's on their shoulder" has came to mind lately... Here I just feel we keep embarrassing ourselves, our spirit, our culture, our heritage.....
    In Portugal I believe the MAJOR problem isn't others... It's us... There are NO politicians with balls AND practical ideas... Obviously there is pressure from the "big boys", but I can't worry about that that while we rott from the inside... Jobs being given to incompetent people because they're someone's nephew, making us live with less and less money (those of us who work) while maintaing ex-politicians on a life-long income for having done a shitty job for a few months...
    In so many situations the lyrics "Tell you to pray, while the devil's on their shoulder" has came to mind lately... Here I just feel we keep embarrassing ourselves, our spirit, our culture, our heritage.....
    i hear ya..same problem here..thats why i fuckin vote this from 2004..

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 885&type=1
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • In Portugal I believe the MAJOR problem isn't others... It's us... There are NO politicians with balls AND practical ideas... Obviously there is pressure from the "big boys", but I can't worry about that that while we rott from the inside... Jobs being given to incompetent people because they're someone's nephew, making us live with less and less money (those of us who work) while maintaing ex-politicians on a life-long income for having done a shitty job for a few months...
    i hear ya..same problem here..thats why i fuckin vote this from 2004..

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 885&type=1

Awesome! :lol::lol::lol: Each year that goes by it's getting harder and harder to vote... I still go there, but can't really choose and end up voting blank... And now the new government measures have been announced... And yeah... As bad as the last government but now with the extra european "HELP"... LOOOL
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I thought it was Dimitris?

Why now you don't rioting!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Riots are against the law and Constitution not allowed me cos of my job to do strike..
    so i watch all this shit from tv..
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

Riots are against the law and Constitution not allowed me cos of my job to do strike..

Liar!
    I saw you on the news throwing bricks at the cops!
    The PJ shirt gave it away that it was you, the mask did not do the job.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Liar!
    I saw you on the news throwing bricks at the cops!
    The PJ shirt gave it away that it was you, the mask did not do the job.
    i gave that shirt last year for free.. ;)
    edited October 2011
    Watch the news please. There are riots all over the country. Strike is a democratic and non-violent mean of protest. A strike can very easily and naturally turns into a riot when a whole nation is indignant with the loss of democracy in the governmental decisions. It's the only way for our politicians and especially the big powers of the world to pay some attention to the economic and social condition of Greece right now.
    Post edited by Pap on
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    p7355.jpg
    :wave:
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258

love the passion man...

But a lot of his posts are just rubbish. Bumps, smilies and quoting someone else without adding anything else make up a lot of his post count yet offer nothing by way of content.
    Content often comes from the heart that others feel

this behind the words or the lack of :D
    IrishGuy wrote:

love the passion man...

But a lot of his posts are just rubbish. Bumps, smilies and quoting someone else without adding anything else make up a lot of his post count yet offer nothing by way of content.
    yep,i post rubbish cos gets me horny.... the good part is that i dont post about you....
    edited October 2011
    pandora wrote:
    p7355.jpg
    :wave: Thank you for your support Pandora. I do believe that in difficult times like these, the only ones who are going to survive and progress are the ones that can think positive. However, when you cannot pay the rent, raise up your family and even worse take care of your very own self I don't know how someone can look at the bright side of life. In my point view, all this anger and indignation was inevitable that someday would burst out. Greek people just can't take it anymore. It's too hard. Pensioners can't afford their medicines, the young cannot study in universities or even worse attend high school and so many others. Our government are really selling our beautiful country out. Loss of democracy and poverty is an explosive mixture. People have the power.
    Post edited by Pap on
  • inlet13inlet13 Posts: 1,979
    The problem is, pardon my bluntness, the Greek's sucking their government's teet.

The issue is debt. Government does not create "lasting" jobs. Nor should they. The Greek's need to realize this is a painful wake-up call and that they have been living a lie for decades. Just like the US, a country can't rely on the government for everything. On top of that, when people do rely on the government, politicians live only in the short run. They will spend and spend and spend, with no concerns for tomorrow (or the long run). The sad part is, the long run does occur eventually. We're living in it right now.
    Here's a new demo called "in the fire":

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" - In the Fire (demo)</a> by <a href="
    edited October 2011
    Pap wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    p7355.jpg
    :wave: Thank you for your support Pandora. I do believe that in difficult times like these, the only ones who are going to survive and progress are the ones that can think positive. However, when you cannot pay the rent, raise up your family and even worse take care of your very own self I don't know how someone can look at the bright side of life. In my point view, all this anger and indignation was inevitable that someday would burst out. Greek people just can't take it anymore. It's too hard. Pensioners can't afford their medicines, the young cannot study in universities or even worse attend high school. Our government are really selling our beautiful country out. Loss of democracy and poverty is an explosive mixture. People have the power.
    Together people have power yes, the power of hope for a peaceful change that
    may now feel out of reach. I am praying it is not.

Prayers and positive thoughts for your country.

Happiness is all we want, is what we deserve and this we can accomplish.
    Post edited by pandora on
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Pap wrote:
    Our government are really selling our beautiful country out. Loss of democracy and poverty is an explosive mixture. People have the power.

What do you think the Greek government should do then to get out of this crisis? Leave the Euro zone?