Options

VAULT #1

Comments

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Would love a copy too. ATM listening to the CD > Flac copy. It's pretty good. :)
    +1
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    wow i wish i had a copy as well :(
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    it has to be in GOODS soon,..
    or shipped with the holiday single,.. please please please
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    RW8297 wrote:

That would be a treat if it was included in the holiday single/deep mag package.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,711
    demetrios wrote:
    RW8297 wrote:

That would be a treat if it was included in the holiday single/deep mag package.

cracking thought but as they were ltd to one cd per pair of 10c tickets its probably very unlikely
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    anyone wanna send a deranged collector their vault cd?

Wouldn't you rather give your Vault CD to me? It would be much safer in my hands than in some deranged collector's hands! :D
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Publlishing and songwriting royalties have to be paid on every cd printed, so it would be pricey to include an uncontrolled composition on the vault cd's
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    the show sounds great. it was real nice treat for PJ20. I'm happy to hear that the Vault is open. I introduced myself to Tim and Rob over the weekend but I did mention to Rob that it was too bad that the show is incomplete.

Hopefully future releases are unedited and complete.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    how many did they make, I am more than willing to give my copy after I rip it to someone if it sin;t going to turn into Benny vinyl and I am kicking myself for years to come.

so do we have any idea on the amount made??
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Would love a copy too. ATM listening to the CD > Flac copy. It's pretty good. :)

and where did you find that???
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    how many did they make, I am more than willing to give my copy after I rip it to someone if it sin;t going to turn into Benny vinyl and I am kicking myself for years to come.

It seemed like they had a bunch of em in the big plastic bins. since it's the first in the Vault series, I would be VERY surprised if they don't have a section in the store setup to sell this soon.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    So who's calling AET Wednesday about this?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    SeaTut73 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

and where did you find that???
    You might just find it in your inbox. :)

Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • Options
    treyveddertreyvedder Nazareth, PA Posts: 22
    hey man

i would love some help in finding this
  • Options
    the show sounds great. it was real nice treat for PJ20. I'm happy to hear that the Vault is open. I introduced myself to Tim and Rob over the weekend but I did mention to Rob that it was too bad that the show is incomplete.

And what was the response about leaving off "Baba"? I'm thinking since it was the first time they had played it, maybe they weren't real happy with the performance and decided to exclude it. That's one theory anyway. :lol:

And yes, the show sounds great! Reminds me of the first couple of times I saw them later that year. Loving it! :)

Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:

It seemed like they had a bunch of em in the big plastic bins. since it's the first in the Vault series, I would be VERY surprised if they don't have a section in the store setup to sell this soon.

Hope so, dying to hear it. And PJ20 too for that matter. I keep looking over at Goods to see if there's any hint of something else going up.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    IndyDave wrote:

And what was the response about leaving off "Baba"? I'm thinking since it was the first time they had played it, maybe they weren't real happy with the performance and decided to exclude it. That's one theory anyway. :lol:

And yes, the show sounds great! Reminds me of the first couple of times I saw them later that year. Loving it! :)

I do remember hearing a pretty bad version on youtube one time, so maybe it's that one? like it was really bad
  • Options
    It's not just cutting out Baba, it's selectively cutting out between banter, much as they did with Drop in the Park, Academy '92, and the Orpheum releases... or the famous edit of the official MTV Unplugged release.

While it's great they are opening the vault, especially as a free giveaway, it's disappointing that they are going George Lucas on their prior work and editing it.

For the record the photo on the back was taken by Lance Mercer at this actual show - it's been around for ever, it's even in the Guitar Recorded Versions tab book of Ten that was released by Hal Leonard in Nov '92. There's also a pro shot video that would be great to have, as this is the show where all the Josh Taft Even Flow video footage was shot. They edited out the famous "This is not a TV studio... Josh. Turn these lights out. It's a fucking rock concert," before Even Flow.
  • Options
    dte421 wrote:
    It's not just cutting out Baba, it's selectively cutting out between banter, much as they did with Drop in the Park, Academy '92, and the Orpheum releases... or the famous edit of the official MTV Unplugged release.

While it's great they are opening the vault, especially as a free giveaway, it's disappointing that they are going George Lucas on their prior work and editing it.

For the record the photo on the back was taken by Lance Mercer at this actual show - it's been around for ever, it's even in the Guitar Recorded Versions tab book of Ten that was released by Hal Leonard in Nov '92. There's also a pro shot video that would be great to have, as this is the show where all the Josh Taft Even Flow video footage was shot. They edited out the famous "This is not a TV studio... Josh. Turn these lights out. It's a fucking rock concert," before Even Flow.

YES YES YES!!! Agree on all points!

This kind of editing is what I expect from U2 or Metallica, not Pearl Jam.

This band should be proud of its history...flaws and all.
  • Options
    dte421 wrote:
    They edited out the famous "This is not a TV studio... Josh. Turn these lights out. It's a fucking rock concert," before Even Flow.

Are you saying it's been removed from the CD version? That's really disappointing... I was just about to grab it and I was most looking forward to hearing that line and then the actual version from that show. (They played it unedited on RAGE in Aus and I have great memories associated). Can't really be anything but thankful for this release, but (much like Orpheum) these amazing shows are somewhat lessened by the absence of all the banter. As an ealry show collecter it's what makes great shows into brilliant ones. If it's a problem with disc space then please, please offer a full show download option. Again, before last week the alternative was nothing so have to put it all in perspective right? ;)
  • Options
    NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 133
    I would love to know where to find the FLAC version!

Nikto
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • Options
    dte421 wrote:
    They edited out the famous "This is not a TV studio... Josh. Turn these lights out. It's a fucking rock concert," before Even Flow.

Are you saying it's been removed from the CD version? That's really disappointing... I was just about to grab it and I was most looking forward to hearing that line and then the actual version from that show. (They played it unedited on RAGE in Aus and I have great memories associated). Can't really be anything but thankful for this release, but (much like Orpheum) these amazing shows are somewhat lessened by the absence of all the banter. As an ealry show collecter it's what makes great shows into brilliant ones. If it's a problem with disc space then please, please offer a full show download option. Again, before last week the alternative was nothing so have to put it all in perspective right? ;)

They kept A LOT of the banter from this show in place (more so than the Drop in the Park show), but for some reason cut that out. I haven't compared the rest of it to the '92 AUD, but it seems pretty complete otherwise.
  • Options
    here,now you can edit the intro in... ;)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R48A4D28
    dte421 wrote:

--a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    I'm so happy The Vault finally begins and that we got a copy this weekend! That was a great idea.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    I really hope they hear our thoughts on incomplete/edited shows and relay them to the band.
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Glad they are finally releasing these Vault shows. Of course i would much prefer unedited versions but i'll take what i can get.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    I really hope they hear our thoughts on incomplete/edited shows and relay them to the band.

I'm sure someone will ask about this on the SIrius show tomorrow....
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I'm listening to it now,it's a great show,great sound quality as well. Would LOVE to own a CD instead of mp3 files...
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    I uploaded it for anyone who wasn't able to be at the show to get it:

[link deleted]
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    They didn't give me one when I picked up my tickets :-(
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *