Options

VAULT #1

Comments

• Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Yeah,that's where i got it from,thanks man :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    I e-mailed 10C about whether or not this is going to become widely available, in the Goods section or whatever, or that it was just for PJ20 and if you weren't there you missed out. They said I was the first to e-mail them about it (I'm guessing that was sarcasm) but they said there is no information at this time. So I take it that means they haven't ruled it out. I've asked questions about discontinued merchandise before, and they usually tell me straight up that they're out, no more will be available, etc. The fact I didn't get the usual line makes me think that this disc hasn't seen its last days. Since it's much like the NY '92 release in packaging and what not, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave out copies with 10C orders of the next album. That's just speculation though.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,952
    I e-mailed 10C about whether or not this is going to become widely available, in the Goods section or whatever, or that it was just for PJ20 and if you weren't there you missed out. They said I was the first to e-mail them about it (I'm guessing that was sarcasm) but they said there is no information at this time. So I take it that means they haven't ruled it out. I've asked questions about discontinued merchandise before, and they usually tell me straight up that they're out, no more will be available, etc. The fact I didn't get the usual line makes me think that this disc hasn't seen its last days. Since it's much like the NY '92 release in packaging and what not, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave out copies with 10C orders of the next album. That's just speculation though.

I hope so cause if they don't that would suck. If exclusive to Alpine then that means Vault 2 will be exclusively available @ the Montreal show. Vault 3 & Vault 4 CD's only available @ both Toronto show's etc.. So you will have to be @ the show's to pic up a Vault CD release? That's not right. :|
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Amazing. Now I can listen to it! Thank you for this :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Thanks 10c for the free cd....as i said so many times,,work so hard for this pj20 and the whole weekend was full of surprises...i put the cd the next minute i got it..i love it..thanks alot 10c..was a great thing to do..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    good work dimitris, one of the few that thanked the band for something unexpected instead of complaining about it.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    nm219369 wrote:
    good work dimitris, one of the few that thanked the band for something unexpected instead of complaining about it.
    oh.i dont read the complains posts or threads anymore..there are so many fans out there thinking positive,enjoy what band gives and sharing with us,i try to meet and be friends with as many as i can of those people....the other side..can do what ever the fuck they want..i dont care..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    you're welcome!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited September 2011
    dte421 wrote:
    It's not just cutting out Baba, it's selectively cutting out between banter, much as they did with Drop in the Park, Academy '92, and the Orpheum releases... or the famous edit of the official MTV Unplugged release.
    While it's great they are opening the vault, especially as a free giveaway, it's disappointing that they are going George Lucas on their prior work and editing it.

Have you even listened?...there is TONS of Banter...Ed & Jeff talking about fucking in the rafters, "Jeff: Gruntruck says thats the place to Fuck"...the whole "If you are wearing fur, I will take a shit & wipe my ass with it" rant...the point where Eddie is dedicating "Leash" to his "Girlfriend"...Ed singing some of Soundgardens' "Outshined"....the banter is at the END of the songs...you must have just skipped thru & listened to the beginnings of songs....good stuff!...PS..Lucas only started editing his stuff once it was already out there...just saying
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I would love to get a copy of this. I hope it would be in the goods section soon. Still hoping for PJ to come back here in Manila. Been a fan for 20 years & I haven't had the chance to see them live. :(
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    pjradio wrote:
    dte421 wrote:
    It's not just cutting out Baba, it's --->selectively<---- cutting out between banter, much as they did with Drop in the Park, Academy '92, and the Orpheum releases... or the famous edit of the official MTV Unplugged release.
    While it's great they are opening the vault, especially as a free giveaway, it's disappointing that they are going George Lucas on their prior work and editing it.

Have you even listened?...there is TONS of Banter...Ed & Jeff talking about fucking in the rafters, "Jeff: Gruntruck says thats the place to Fuck"...the whole "If you are wearing fur, I will take a shit & wipe my ass with it" rant...the point where Eddie is dedicating "Leash" to his "Girlfriend"...Ed singing some of Soundgardens' "Outshined"....the banter is at the END of the songs...you must have just skipped thru & listened to the beginnings of songs....good stuff!...PS..Lucas only started editing his stuff once it was already out there...just saying

he never said that all of the banter is cut. if you have heard the full show, you know that there is banter cut from this release.

someday...we will get uncut, unedited shows...hopefully.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    pjradio wrote:
    dte421 wrote:
    It's not just cutting out Baba, it's --->selectively<---- cutting out between banter, much as they did with Drop in the Park, Academy '92, and the Orpheum releases... or the famous edit of the official MTV Unplugged release.

he never said that all of the banter is cut. if you have heard the full show, you know that there is banter cut from this release.

someday...we will get uncut, unedited shows...hopefully.

Banter?...really?...Banter?...as in Talking?...rather hear them play some kickass music myself!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    this show sounds SOOOO good....while it would be nice to have complete shows, i'm not gonna complain one bit...I'll take these edited shows over crappy aud recordings ANYDAY!!
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I listened to this baby on the drive home...loved it! Especially Ed's rants about not screwing up the environment or harming animals. This is a great show.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    SeaTut73 wrote:
    this show sounds SOOOO good....while it would be nice to have complete shows, i'm not gonna complain one bit...I'll take these edited shows over crappy aud recordings ANYDAY!!

Absolutly disagree, actually this is the worst bootleg that I've ever heard
    This is a HIGH HIGH level compression, as you can see in the picture below
    There is so much that the wave is cutted on the limit
    You can take account in that effect in every song.

I can't believe that this is a professional work, I'm sure it's not a source problem, but the guy that made the mix made an excess editting and compressing. This is nonsense, I can't believe that in 1994 you had this compression level

One more thing. About editting bootleg, sure it's an annoyance, but the first editting bootleg in PJ history it's Atlanta 1994. So we might admit that it's a different management between bootleg series from 2000, and others published live concerts (deluxe versions, singles etc)

Here you have the running scared with Breath (for example)

sinnombrefa.th.jpg
    sinnombre1.th.jpg
    sinnombre2k.th.jpg
  • Options
    It sounds perfectly fine to me in my car. I don't need 2010 bootleg quality from a show that probably had a shitty board to begin with. If you can find a better quality version of this show(which you can't) let me know.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    It sounds perfectly fine to me in my car. I don't need 2010 bootleg quality from a show that probably had a shitty board to begin with. If you can find a better quality version of this show(which you can't) let me know.

Agreed.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I'm really disheartened by this trend of incomplete/edited shows. I would keep making my opinion known, but I think it is now pointless. So disappointing that a band that values things that are genuine and authentic doesn't see that edited/incomplete shows are fake. I'll stick to the audience recordings.

I said it before, but this band should be proud of its history...flaws and all.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I'm sure it will either be sold at the show and/or through the 10C later.

I hope so...
  • Options
    I'm really disheartened by this trend of incomplete/edited shows. I would keep making my opinion known, but I think it is now pointless. So disappointing that a band that values things that are genuine and authentic doesn't see that edited/incomplete shows are fake. I'll stick to the audience recordings.

Good, stick with a horrible fan version.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    this band doesn't edit their flaws. they have been releasing bootlegs for over ten years with all their mistakes. the only reason they edit the older shows as far as I can see has to do with sound quality/technical issues with the recordings. I have no problem with this.

I've heard a lot of great sounding audience recordings but for the most part they are absolute shit.
  • Options
    I think the Ten Club does a lot of mistakes...

... but this bootleg is AWESOME. Honestly I think it sounds great, and in the end I can live with a cover left out.
    Moreover, was given FOR FREE!

It's your right to complain... but... come on....
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options

Agreed.

2010, 2009 and 2008 bootlegs sound are as bad as this (Too much Loudness, too much compress)
  • Options
    alfonsico wrote:
    SeaTut73 wrote:

Absolutly disagree, actually this is the worst bootleg that I've ever heard
    This is a HIGH HIGH level compression, as you can see in the picture below
    There is so much that the wave is cutted on the limit
    You can take account in that effect in every song.

I can't believe that this is a professional work, I'm sure it's not a source problem, but the guy that made the mix made an excess editting and compressing. This is nonsense, I can't believe that in 1994 you had this compression level

One more thing. About editting bootleg, sure it's an annoyance, but the first editting bootleg in PJ history it's Atlanta 1994. So we might admit that it's a different management between bootleg series from 2000, and others published live concerts (deluxe versions, singles etc)

Here you have the running scared with Breath (for example)

sinnombrefa.th.jpg
    sinnombre1.th.jpg
    sinnombre2k.th.jpg

I'm not an audiophile, or a recording engineer, so I don't know what half of that stuff means, and my ear can't really tell the sound difference between mp3 and FLAC if that tells you anything. But I could tell there was something different about this recording. Eds vocals sounded a little high pitched, as did the drums and bass, and it just had an overall different sound than say "Drop In The Park" or Orpheum. I thought maybe it could be the rip or something, but apparently it's the compression.

But it wasn't anything too bad. I mean there's a huge difference in sound in all the different eras of bootlegs. Listen to a 2010 bootleg then listen to a 2000, and I don't just mean the band, but the recording of them. I still listen to all of them though. And while this one might have sounded a little different, I think it sounds pretty good. I've never heard an audience recording of this show, but even the audience recordings I have that have been rated A+ by whoever rates the quality, are inferior to this.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    A big thank you to the gotshit.blogspot posting. Like others, I'm not an audiophile, but this 10C issued FREE cd sounds great to me. Thanks to the band and 10C for its release.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891

Maybe it could not fit on one CD?

(I haven't listened yet so I am not sure how long it runs, but it seems like it may get close to the limit of a CD?)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Maybe it could not fit on one CD?

(I haven't listened yet so I am not sure how long it runs, but it seems like it may get close to the limit of a CD?)

It's 1.1 hours. I don't know if it's just length that plays into it or if the files are different and not as much will fit on the disc. But disc 2 of Live at the Gorge is 1.3 hours.
  • Options
    It was FREE. A GIFT. And you're complaining, stressing and overanalzying. GET. A. LIFE.
  • Options
    I'm confused...

Didn't PJ open "The Vault" a few years back with this...

11/30/93 – Aladdin Theater: Las Vegas, NV [90m]
    set: Even Flow, Once, Deep, Jeremy, Dissident, Daughter/(Instant Karma)/(Across the Universe)/(Get Back), Go, Animal, State of Love and Trust, Tremor Christ, Black, Blood, Alive
    enc 1: Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Leash, Porch/(Tearing)
    enc 2: Swallow My Pride, Jazz Odyssey, Ain’t Nothing to Do, My Way

Anyone remember this concert getting released as a digital download from "The Vault"? I remember downloading it and checking back every so often to see if they had added anything thing else. Then, the website changed completely. Then again...maybe I smoked too much weed and my memory is not correct.

I think this Moore Theatre show should be considered #2. Either way...I want it.
    "Change don't come at once. It's a wave. Building...before it breaks."
  • Options
    Something Man, you are correct, but they quickly scrapped that model (Basecamp downloads). There were a couple other "test" shows released as well, which were done right, namely 1/14/95.

However, I think with the Vault #1, they are thinking bigger. Since they said they are working on a new website after the whole ticket debacle this year, hopefully they establish a permanent Vault area where new shows pop up every so often.

The Moore Theater edits suck, but it's not a huge deal. It was a nice treat for those with 10C tickets and I do appreciate it. my bigger concern is that these edits are a sign of things to come. every Vault release that we have seen since 12/31/92 (2006) has been flawed in some way. I know I may be in the minority here, but there is a significant taping/trading/archiving community that cares about this but doesn't speak up here, so I feel like I have to. I dont take all the "stop complaining" abuse for my health. I hope someone hears it and relays it to the band.