HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS APPRECIATION THREAD.

13567

Comments

  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 36,954
    by the way, i object to this being moved to the "other music" section.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,148
    norm wrote:
    the heart of rock and roll is still beating


    well done norm. i forgot about this thread.

    i have a h lewis and the news memo on my sirius. i love seeing people's reactions when their artist alert comes on and i switch over to them without hesitation. oh yeah. :mrgreen:

    that's the power love right there.

    NICE!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    This thread is hilarious. I was going to say this may be my favorite thread ever, but now I find myself singing I Want a New Drug over and over. This is by no means a bad thing, except my clients, who are in recovery, keep looking at me like I'm an asshole. :lol:8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

    Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TNPosts: 4,154
    Saw Huey Lewis and the News back in 1985 at Pine Knob close to Detroit. It was one of the first concerts I went to.

    I went with my friend and his mom. She didn't realize it wasn't over after they left the stage the first time. So, while walking out to the parking lot, we could hear "Heart Of Rock N Roll" as their encore.

    My heart still hurts.

    PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

    Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Huey Lewis and the News was my first ever concert. No lie!!

    Still love em
    Member 164xxx

    8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

    More to Come....
  • huey-lewis-from-bttf.jpg
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,148
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    This thread is hilarious. I was going to say this may be my favorite thread ever, but now I find myself singing I Want a New Drug over and over. This is by no means a bad thing, except my clients, who are in recovery, keep looking at me like I'm an asshole. :lol:8-)

    sing 'heart and soul'...it's got those great o-oh's :thumbup: :-P
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    norm wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    This thread is hilarious. I was going to say this may be my favorite thread ever, but now I find myself singing I Want a New Drug over and over. This is by no means a bad thing, except my clients, who are in recovery, keep looking at me like I'm an asshole. :lol:8-)

    sing 'heart and soul'...it's got those great o-oh's :thumbup: :-P

    :lol::lol:
    one of my favorite videos of all time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TdaXhpjHws&ob=av2el

    another great suggestion, except for the congressman issue. :lol: yesterday it was the foxymop spanking, today it's the o-ohs...you must be on team congressman. :lol: today he told me i have beautiful feet. 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

    Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,148
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    norm wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    This thread is hilarious. I was going to say this may be my favorite thread ever, but now I find myself singing I Want a New Drug over and over. This is by no means a bad thing, except my clients, who are in recovery, keep looking at me like I'm an asshole. :lol:8-)

    sing 'heart and soul'...it's got those great o-oh's :thumbup: :-P

    :lol::lol:
    one of my favorite videos of all time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TdaXhpjHws&ob=av2el

    i think the blond in this and the i want a new drug video is the reason i like huey lewis...mtv was so cool once :D
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    norm wrote:

    i think the blond in this and the i want a new drug video is the reason i like huey lewis...mtv was so cool once :D

    tragic what it has become. Its all snooky now. I miss the days of story telling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdZvewjwJs&ob=av2el
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

    Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,148
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    norm wrote:

    i think the blond in this and the i want a new drug video is the reason i like huey lewis...mtv was so cool once :D

    tragic what it has become. Its all snooky now. I miss the days of story telling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdZvewjwJs&ob=av2el

    i haven't seen that in at least 25 years :shock: :lol::lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 36,954
    Huey_Lewis1.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    norm wrote:

    i haven't seen that in at least 25 years :shock: :lol::lol:

    You're Welcome. 8-)

    Here's another one, not Mr. Lewis, but a reminder of what videos used to be. RIP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EXxMlIExpo
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

    Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    :lol: I see your
    Huey_Lewis1.jpg

    and I raise you a
    ZK001437.jpg
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

    Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Pumped to see this thread back up. Saw him on the king of queens the other day
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,786
    edited January 2011
    norm wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    norm wrote:

    i think the blond in this and the i want a new drug video is the reason i like huey lewis...mtv was so cool once :D

    tragic what it has become. Its all snooky now. I miss the days of story telling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdZvewjwJs&ob=av2el

    i haven't seen that in at least 25 years :shock: :lol::lol:

    Me either! :)

    None of my friends really liked these guys, they were all into hard rock, but I talked my biggest stoner friend to go see them in concert with me. His argument was the guitar on Heart and Soul was hard enough that he could enjoy himself if he was really high for the show. It's funny how most of our best memories of high school involve us being high or drunk. :D
    Post edited by gabers on
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,148
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 32,939
    it's hip to be square. :geek:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,786
    Woke up having to hear "Walking on a Thin Line". Long live Huey. :geek: 8-)
  • Going to see Huey in Milwuakee tomorrow night. Anybody seen them live in the last 20 years? Not sure what to expect. They're playing after the Admiral hockey game. I figured I couldn't go wrong to see a game and a concert for $24. As long as they play "I Want a New Drug", I'm happy. Only nosebleed seats left at the Bradley Center, so there must some interest yet...
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,148
    ok so this is a bit much for an analysis of huey but it's a good excuse for a bump :D

    http://www.avclub.com/articles/huey-lew ... rts,56121/
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Now "The Power of Love" will be stuck in my head tonight when I go to sleep.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQXqEAYHudQ

    It's the high fiving white guys!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Who does the cover better? Pearl Jam or HL and the News


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjbUnOzT ... ata_player
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I am so glad this thread exists. I played some Huey while subbing for another DJ on the radio tonight. Go damn Huey Lewis rocks.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,722
    One of my absolute favorite movies is Back to the Future, and "Power of Love" has been known to be my go to karoake song.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,255
    came out with Umphrey's over the weekend at summercamp
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,900
    haha, great timing on this thread bump.

    spent a good portion of Saurday night rocking out to Sports.
    picked up that record for $1.99. love it!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Was spinning Fore the other day, and it put me in a good mood for the entire weekend. So many good songs.....!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

    lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 36,954
    seeing this thread bumped has inserted the heart of rock and roll into my head all day.



    thank you. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.