Options

Is it me or is $75 for a solo ticket expensive?

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Because Ed's probably not working with the bands "budget" when he ventures out solo.

I got it. I got it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    fluff4u wrote:
    For the same price you could see all of Pearl Jam. So why such a expensive ticket for Eddie? How much was the West coast tour per ticket? What happened with keeping ticket cost down?

As others have said, I feel it is well worth $75 to see Ed in an intimate venue. You will be amazed!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    catwoman wrote:
    I have a feeling that this debate is splitting the sexes. Women think that paying $75 to see Eddie in a small venue is perfectly reasonable. The men are the ones complaining about the price. Am I right?

Incorrect. Male here and paid over $75/per ticket (incl. Ticketbastard fee's) for two solo shows in CA. Considering the great shows I witnessed in a intimate setting along with the chance encounter I had w/Ed after Santa Cruz, I felt like those fee's were a bargain!

RM
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    allie is a defender of the yanks and children.
    Hah! That made me laugh.

I don't have children yet :)

but I don't see why we can't have differences of opinion w/o being all nasty and refusing to see someone else's POV.

To you it's like, whatever, 75 bucks. To me that's a small fortune. Which I spent on the PJ show :)
    And I thought that was too much also.
    With ticketmaster fees it was $91.

And even if I had it I wouldn't pay to see him solo. For any amt of money. It doesn't interest me in going.

wait that is 'blasphemous' right? :)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    LSDemon wrote:
    True that. My girlfriend is always saying that I would totally go gay for Eddie Vedder if I got the chance, and that she's okay with it. But anyone other than him or Alexander Ovechkin, and she reserves the right to be upset. Two man crushes isn't so bad, is it?

Ovechkin is the man!!!
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    Yeah, because Jeff is worth WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than $15!

what like $16?
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    I think anyone that saw Ed in April will agree that his show is worth the price of admission. Berkeley II is one of my favorite concerts ever.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
  • Options
    PearlJam24 wrote:
    $75 for a solo ticket isn't bad...$4.25 for a gallon of gas is ridiculous!

agreed, see Ed now people, gas will be $6 by the time Bush leave's office, and we'll have to settle for memories only for entertainment.

Stop by:
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    If you like the Ed solo pre-set songs... then, go. You can pretty much catch up on all of them with one show.
    And if you like the music from 'Into The Wild'... then, go. This is pretty much the only chance you'll get to hear them live.
    If you are indifferent to both of the above... then, save your money.
    One show is sufficient... but, if you do decide to go... make sure you catch Liam Finn's set. Really great.

agree here too! Liam is one of the best opening acts I've seen.

Stop by:
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I think anyone that saw Ed in April will agree that his show is worth the price of admission. Berkeley II is one of my favorite concerts ever.
    same here. and liam kicks serious ass, so to get two great musicians for $75, it's a great deal :) and who knows if ed will ever do another tour like this too....it's a rare treat
  • Options
    I can't believe there are 11 pages of posts here about the price of a ticket to see a legend on stage.

If it is too much for you... Don't go. There are plenty of people who will put your ticket to use.

If it isn't too much, see you there :)
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • Options
    catwoman wrote:
    Hahahaha. I agree with you about Ovechkin, too, but I heard off the ice he's kind of a jerk.

Take those things you hear about Ovechkin with a grain of salt. You can't always believe what you hear/read. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I one day meet him to determine that for myself or if it just becomes blatantly obvious that he's a jerk (i.e. gets in trouble w/the law consistently, making retarded remarks that get plastered everywhere).

Either way, I'll take dealing with a player like Ovehckin anyday than I would say a player like....Albert Belle, LOL! Boy did my boys get swindled with that deal!

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    That's a perfect description of it... sitting around a campfire... or late at night in Eddie's garage-turned-den-turned-sort-of-studio and he's singing and talking about whatever bullshit happens to pop in his head.
    It's not something you get to see very often.

it's a true experience isn't it. My friends are still chatting up the Santa Cruz show. I had to ensure to burn copies of the show for each, and they constantly tell me now they can see why I see PJ so often (I started sharing PJ boots with them also), and why I saw Ed three times in April. They're jealous I'm seeing him again, Boston 1 (opening night in the east) :)

Stop by:
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I know it will be worth it.. i don't doubt it for a second..

but it is hard to comprehend when usually, 75 dollar a ticket is getting split between 5-6 people.. wtf do i know about the music biz though, not so much ;)
  • Options
    catwoman wrote:
    Hahahaha. I agree with you about Ovechkin, too, but I heard off the ice he's kind of a jerk.

I see that your located in a "small town" in Maryland. I'm originally from Maryland myself and just wanted to drop a quick hello to a fellow PJ/MD fan! I live in CA now but was born and raised in MD.

Nice to see some fellow native homeland fans onboard here!!

Peace..
  • Options

Berkeley II was incredible!!! I'd snap that 180gram vinyl up in a minute if it was offered (wishful thinking). What's goin' on mR. 'Dweller?? Did you hit up any of the East coast shows by chance??

Hoping for a West coast announcement in a month or two...!!

Hope all is goin' well bro!

Gonna be movin' to the south, south side of SJ in about 3 weeks so we should try and hook up one evening soon.

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    Because it is $75. In your relative situation it may be a lot of money, but in actuality it isn't. I realize how I may sound, but I don't care. Ed isn't touring for college kids.

what's your fucking problem dude? 75 dollars is all relative from person to person. obviously you're fucking rich, and i'm fine with that. you sound like a pompous ass though, and that i'm not particularly fine with. i said 75 dollars is a lot of money because i'm working full-time for not much pay. will it set me back a lil? maybe, but i'll put more money in the bank afterwards. and i'm not a college kid, i work a full-time job and bust my ass as a college graduate. and who are you to say who he is or isn't touring for? he's playing for anyone who wants to go see the man. stop being a fucking asshole just because you're rockerfeller and not in my situation you pompous, elitist douchebag. Go find someone else to get your kicks from dude, because I don't need it.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Yes it is!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    $75 sure is a lot for a guy with a guitar, regardless of who it is. Plus merch- this is gonna be pricey. But if the option is $75 or he doesnt tour, Ill pay the price.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    I see that your located in a "small town" in Maryland. I'm originally from Maryland myself and just wanted to drop a quick hello to a fellow PJ/MD fan! I live in CA now but was born and raised in MD.

Nice to see some fellow native homeland fans onboard here!!

Peace..

Greetings from hot & humid Maryland! I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland now, but I grew up in Baltimore and went to school in College Park. Did you live in any of those areas? I've visited the Bay Area (highlight - seeing the Giants hit a grand slam in that wonderful stadium), and it's really lovely -- can see why you moved! Glad to see you're still an Orioles fan!
  • Options
    Incorrect. Male here and paid over $75/per ticket (incl. Ticketbastard fee's) for two solo shows in CA. Considering the great shows I witnessed in a intimate setting along with the chance encounter I had w/Ed after Santa Cruz, I felt like those fee's were a bargain!

RM

Maybe it's women and men who have man crushes on Eddie who ddon't mind paying the $75. :D
  • Options
    Take those things you hear about Ovechkin with a grain of salt. You can't always believe what you hear/read. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I one day meet him to determine that for myself or if it just becomes blatantly obvious that he's a jerk (i.e. gets in trouble w/the law consistently, making retarded remarks that get plastered everywhere).

Either way, I'll take dealing with a player like Ovehckin anyday than I would say a player like....Albert Belle, LOL! Boy did my boys get swindled with that deal!

Peace,

RM

I heard that Ovechkin was a womanizer -- from someone who I think has seen him around DC. Yes, I would take him over Albert Belle too!
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Allie wrote:
    Hah! That made me laugh.

I don't have children yet :)

but I don't see why we can't have differences of opinion w/o being all nasty and refusing to see someone else's POV.

To you it's like, whatever, 75 bucks. To me that's a small fortune. Which I spent on the PJ show :)
    And I thought that was too much also.
    With ticketmaster fees it was $91.

And even if I had it I wouldn't pay to see him solo. For any amt of money. It doesn't interest me in going.

wait that is 'blasphemous' right? :)
    you know i respect you allie, you're the only reason i stay out of the yankees thread.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    yea
    I think u guys r missing the point of the thread

the q is simple to answer
    either it is the thread starter or yes

so my answer is yes

:)
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    fluff4u wrote:
    For the same price you could see all of Pearl Jam. So why such a expensive ticket for Eddie? How much was the West coast tour per ticket? What happened with keeping ticket cost down?

$75 for ANY concert is too much. It's a matter of whether or not you think it's worth the cost of admission.

I'm still amazed that I agreed to pay $100 each for 4 tickets during the PJ/Tom Petty "experiment". PJ got to play for 80 minutes and even though I like Tom Petty's music it was like listening to their greatest hits album two nights in a row. I was disappointed, but I'm not gonna whine because I knew it wouldn't be as great as the $50 ticket shows where PJ plays as long as they want; I didn't have any other option in my market for that tour.

I remember back in the day pre-2000 when concerts were dirt cheap. $5-30 for most shows. Even Metallica was dirt cheap back then. I suppose most will blame it on Napster, and perhaps it's true.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    you know i respect you allie, you're the only reason i stay out of the yankees thread.

Aww, how cute..NOCODE#1 made a friend :)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    what's your fucking problem dude? 75 dollars is all relative from person to person. obviously you're fucking rich, and i'm fine with that. you sound like a pompous ass though, and that i'm not particularly fine with. i said 75 dollars is a lot of money because i'm working full-time for not much pay. will it set me back a lil? maybe, but i'll put more money in the bank afterwards. and i'm not a college kid, i work a full-time job and bust my ass as a college graduate. and who are you to say who he is or isn't touring for? he's playing for anyone who wants to go see the man. stop being a fucking asshole just because you're rockerfeller and not in my situation you pompous, elitist douchebag. Go find someone else to get your kicks from dude, because I don't need it.

Looks like you're just trying to get yourself banned..I've noticed you've been on edge lately Mammal..cheer up my friend..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I saw Ace Frehley play with his solo band at Columbus' Newport Music Hall in May for $25. And, Ace had a full band to pay and he still made money.

Long story short - Ed is charging these prices because he can because people will pay it. Accept it and move on or don't go.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    things that have gotten more expensive that Eddie has to buy when he tours:

-Gas
    -Wine
    -Weed
    -Rogaine

A dollar just doesn't go as far as it used to.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    fluff4u wrote:

it's just you, $75 ain't shit for what it's worth
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea