espn, you suck

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    ESPN is at it's best with conference tournaments, especially the Big East tournament.

oh absolutely.

that meaningless bowl month in college football can go f itself though. :lol:

let me put a little fixer on that

feels more like 6 weeks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I don't normally watch ESPN, but I just flipped it on when I heard about the carmelo trade.

What the fuck happened to Stu Scott? He looks like tony dungy. If tony dungy had a lazy eye
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I don't normally watch ESPN, but I just flipped it on when I heard about the carmelo trade.

What the fuck happened to Stu Scott? He looks like tony dungy. If tony dungy had a lazy eye
    Dude. He's battling his second bout with cancer.

Inform yourself.

That said he looks great, and im glad he's back.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

The Fixer wrote:

Inform yourself.

that's why I asked. I didn't know that.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Inform yourself.

that's why I asked. I didn't know that.

Cancer? I thought his lazy eye was due to being an idiot.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    lol@jearlpam0925
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i didn't know scott had cancer...i wish him well in his battle, but i also wish he would retire. can't stand him
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Looking forward to reading this book....

http://www.amazon.com/Those-Guys-Have-A ... 942&sr=1-1

nice. hopefully there is some stuff in there about mike tirico and harold reynolds molesting their female counterparts. I'd love to hear what really happened on those occasions
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    and someone needs to tell espn that rumors are not 'breaking news' - the ticker started as a good idea, getting scores, but now it's half fluff and i can get scores much quicker on phone or internet. did i really need to see what rumors on the melo trade were every 10 seconds? dreadful. other than live games and baseball tonight espn is horrible
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    The Fixer wrote:

nice. hopefully there is some stuff in there about mike tirico and harold reynolds molesting their female counterparts. I'd love to hear what really happened on those occasions

Mike Tirico?? Do you mean Steve Phillips? I dont remember hearing anything about Tirico...
    The Fixer wrote:

Mike Tirico?? Do you mean Steve Phillips? I dont remember hearing anything about Tirico...

don't forget sean salisbury :lol:

only good thing about espn is the insider info on the website (but only if you use someone else's log in info ;) )
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    The Fixer wrote:

don't forget sean salisbury :lol:

only good thing about espn is the insider info on the website (but only if you use someone else's log in info ;) )

care to share this log in info? PM me. 8-)
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    half the nation is going to be logging in under jiggles borrowed account. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

how did I forget steve phillips??? he has the record for 'ruining his career with ugliest chick'

Tirico got busted for it twice I believe. Not sure how he still has a gig
    pjhawks wrote:
    and someone needs to tell espn that rumors are not 'breaking news' - the ticker started as a good idea, getting scores, but now it's half fluff and i can get scores much quicker on phone or internet. did i really need to see what rumors on the melo trade were every 10 seconds? dreadful. other than live games and baseball tonight espn is horrible

I don't watch espn anymore. Only for games. It is awful. Almost as bad as philly sports talk radio

Love when people say insider is too much. It's something like 20 or 30 bucks a year. Not exactly a budget buster
    The Fixer wrote:

Love when people say insider is too much. It's something like 20 or 30 bucks a year. Not exactly a budget buster

not that at all.

i'd just rather not support that organization. ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:

ah that blows, I really like bruce feldman's blog. That's one of my main sources of research for my college football gambling. Hopefully he is back before labor day
    norm wrote:

how retarded is that. he seeked out permission to work on teh project, then gets suspended for workin on it.

:lol:

unless of course their is more to the story.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Baseball is the Creme de le Creme of fantasy sports.

only because we have the mighty M's as our home team and w/o fantasy we'd have no reason to root for a baseball team. Will the M's be the first team that doesn't have on starter finish the season with a batting average over .200?
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

how retarded is that. he seeked out permission to work on teh project, then gets suspended for workin on it.

unless of course their is more to the story.....

what is more is that espn is run by asshats...or craig james has pictures of espn executives in a gay gangbang
    I'm probably late on this, but I just saw that nbc has a 24 hour sports vhannel kicking off Jan 1. Apparently VS is morphing into NBC Sports Network.

Good shit...and even less reason to watch espn when they're not showing games.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm probably late on this, but I just saw that nbc has a 24 hour sports vhannel kicking off Jan 1. Apparently VS is morphing into NBC Sports Network.

jan 2nd

but yeah, VS. was bought by NBC.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

jan 2nd

but yeah, VS. was bought by NBC.

Vs was a comcast station and comcast was purchased by NBC. Just glad there's another sports option out there. Once games are over I can't change espn quickly enough
    The Fixer wrote:
    Once games are over I can't change espn quickly enough

that's my stance for every network. i can't watch pre games and post games or half times.

even in game on espn is getting bad with that bar they started putting on the left side of the screen during NCAA football games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    The Fixer wrote:

All the Longhorn Network BS really is what got me with ESPN. I'm an Aggie fan (hard to admit these days) and ESPN's coverage and bias towards UT is ridiculous. All their college football people are hard to listen to. Plus makes me mad that last year's NBA finals was made out more of the Heat losing it than the Mavs winning.

I'll watch the NBC/Vs. network just for a hopefully different and more unbiased perspective.
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Once games are over I can't change espn quickly enough

that's my stance for every network. i can't watch pre games and post games or half times.

even in game on espn is getting bad with that bar they started putting on the left side of the screen during NCAA football games.

yeah man, I'm with you on the pre/post/half. I'm constantly flippping. I can't watch that crap either