espn, you suck

8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
$5 for your fantasy football app. really?
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    81, are you mad? upset? screaming? are you drinking and yelling at your tv and wife?
    are you beating the cat or goldfish?

i salute you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    81 wrote:

There's no reason not to use Yahoo for all your fantasy needs.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:

+1.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I'm not the commish of this league. However the free yahoo app is nice
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

+1.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    I'm not the commish of this league. However the free yahoo app is nice

Well, then, I would ridicule and make fun of your commish until he changes it to a Yahoo league. Any conversation you have with him make sure to include how much of an idiot he is for not using Yahoo.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    81 wrote:

Except for Baseball. ESPN's baseball fantasy is superior. This was our 2nd summer on ESPN.
    NERDS!
    81 wrote:

Except for Baseball. ESPN's baseball fantasy is superior. This was our 2nd summer on ESPN.

I don't know. That's all Russian to me. Can't believe I haven't gotten into a baseball league yet in my life.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Baseball is the Creme de le Creme of fantasy sports.
    NERDS!

That's my fear. I'm a stats geek as it is, and I know for a fact that this would consume too much of my time.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

absolutely. cbssportsline is the best fantasy site.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    baseball is a good time...although my team stunk in the second half of the pj league. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ESPN's apps are horrible!!!

Their site is great, but the apps suck big time. I bought the baseball one and never used it to check points. It never showed them properly. I was better off pulling up site through Safari. The only thing it was good for was picking up and dropping players.

I have my iPhone jailbroken now I don't have to pay for the FF app. I actually dl'd it last night and it sucks just as bad as the baseball one.

CBSsportsline has got to be the worst fantasy site of all time and you have to pay for it! Total rip off.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    ESPN's apps are horrible!!!

CBSsportsline has got to be the worst fantasy site of all time and you have to pay for it! Total rip off.

it's 10 bucks a guy. not like it's a lot of money.

the free sites are junk. most of them dont' even offer real time scoring.

CBS has by far the deepest player pools, which we use in our leagues. My football league has 20 active spots and my baseball league has 35 active spots.

sportsline is the best
    The Fixer wrote:
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    ESPN's apps are horrible!!!

it's 10 bucks a guy. not like it's a lot of money.

the free sites are junk. most of them dont' even offer real time scoring.

CBS has by far the deepest player pools, which we use in our leagues. My football league has 20 active spots and my baseball league has 35 active spots.

sportsline is the best

Espn is $5. no it's not a ton of money, but why charge for it? and if you are going to charge, at least make it a reasonable 99cents max. It would be a nice convience, but i'm not going to pay for something i can do via a browser window for free. book mark is free.

i've used cbs, i've not been overly impressed. ie it's no better than yahoo, espn or whomever. i prefer yahoo. it yes, they offer real time scoring and their free app works perfect.

you could make a case that PJ was silly for charging for the pj app on the iphone. last i heard, it wasn't working. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    I actually dl'd it last night and it sucks just as bad as the baseball one.

hopefully you canceled it and got your money back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I use the ESPN Score Center app...for the Droid

It doesn't allow me to set alerts...so I use Sports-Tap for that

ESPN does suck
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    I use the ESPN Score Center app...for the Droid

It doesn't allow me to set alerts...so I use Sports-Tap for that

ESPN does suck

i use Score mobile for game scores. it shows the betting line, standings, game stats for all the major leagues.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    cbs is soooooo much better then Yahoo....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    ESPN sucks even more after today with Rob Neyer gone.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:

easy..a family member works for them :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    81 wrote:

:? is questioning a $5 product that harsh? :shock:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    81 wrote:

if they have anything to do with the 24/7 coverage of the heat, than tell them they suck :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

:? is questioning a $5 product that harsh? :shock:

no hence the green smiley thing :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

if they have anything to do with the 24/7 coverage of the heat, than tell them they suck :mrgreen:

only thing espn is good for is Insider. that's it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    81 wrote:

only thing espn is good for is Insider. that's it.

streak for cash game is good also
    the only thing ESPN is good for is televising actual games. outside of that, i'll skip espn.com and sportscenter, and countdown, and gameday and....all the other garbage they put on.

just give me the games...but even than they suck because when the pull a game off local tv, i have to listen to their crappy talking heads.

espn sucks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    the only thing ESPN is good for is televising actual games. outside of that, i'll skip espn.com and sportscenter, and countdown, and gameday and....all the other garbage they put on.

just give me the games...but even than they suck because when the pull a game off local tv, i have to listen to their crappy talking heads.

espn sucks

oh yeah, the games. :lol:

i don't know if you have access to insider. it sucks you have to pay for it but i just use a friend's login and password so i don't. didn't think i would ever pay for it until i saw the wealth of knowledge they have in there. thinking i would now if i ever lost access via this guy. it's great for every sport.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    ESPN is at it's best with conference tournaments, especially the Big East tournament.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    ESPN is at it's best with conference tournaments, especially the Big East tournament.

oh absolutely.

that meaningless bowl week in college football can go f itself though. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Newch91 wrote:

oh absolutely.

that meaningless bowl month in college football can go f itself though. :lol:

let me put a little fixer on that
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg