Options

Eddie Spears? Britney Vedder? Ed Lip Syncs too!!!

Comments

• Options
    mblaylock wrote:
    Exactly...I went both SD nights, and this is what it looked like to me...He definitely was singing lead because he ran out of breath a few times and missed the words...

Either way, it was definitely more a of a produced finale...after the whole show solo on the stool. It can't be easy entertaining by yourself for 2.5 hours! I obviously noticed he wasn't playing all of the song Hard Sun, but hell, he hit play on the loop machine. Its not like he was trying to hide it.

Great 2 nights!!! I think its funny this is even an issue brought up! This song was a great ending to the show...
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Yea we shook hands instead. lol :D
    It was so weird how him and I met..I was at the 05 Vancouver show, attending the preparty he had put on. Come to find out, he lives 10 miles from my house! You would just die if you seen his PJ mancave! come on out and lets head over to Matts to party! I have pics on myspace of him in the mancave playing guitar. You should see all his rare poster collection! Come to Oregon for the weekend!

I Don't like the MIC bashing by the way..I want to slap a few people on here. Can't the man speak his mind?
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    yahamita wrote:
    It was so weird how him and I met..I was at the 05 Vancouver show, attending the preparty he had put on. Come to find out, he lives 10 miles from my house! You would just die if you seen his PJ mancave! come on out and lets head over to Matts to party! I have pics on myspace of him in the mancave playing guitar. You should see all his rare poster collection! Come to Oregon for the weekend!

I Don't like the MIC bashing by the way..I want to slap a few people on here. Can't the man speak his mind?

Hmmm it's 1146.52 miles to Bend, Oregon. Not this weekend but maybe another time. :D I just posted a bunch of pics from our roadtrip out to LA and SD on myspace.

Mic is speaking his mind and there is nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    I think perhaps we need to spend some more time talking about the smoke machine. WTF was that? :)
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    pjtaper wrote:
    People were walking around basically GIVING tickets away before LA 1 and SD 1.

WTF!? Dude...there were 50 people at the box office line waiting for tickets to be released 1 at a time 2 minutes before Liam's set! Where were these people giving tickets away? I would like someone like Soundgrunger to weigh in on this point (considering I believe she waited 4 hours in 105 degree heat for her single). I don't think it is fair to create the perception that free tickets were "taped to the door"
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I think perhaps we need to spend some more time talking about the smoke machine. WTF was that? :)

LMAO!! I KNOW!!!! It reminded me of my high school plays.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options

That was medical pot being blown in on stage. Oh wait no that wasn't that was just smoke machines. lol

:D
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    piomba wrote:
    What are trying to accomplish? Why spend so much time and money following a band, learn to play all their songs, and then come on thier message board and try to discredit them? I see you whining and crying over at expressobeans all the time and now I know why people over there treat you the way they do... if you think an artist is lip syncing at a show then show some balls and them know about then and there. Don't hide behind the anonymity of a message board.

Great post!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    yahamita wrote:

Speaking your mind is one thing; accusing eddie vedder of lip syncing is another. And anyone doing so should seriously consider what they're saying and why they are saying it.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    That was medical pot being blown in on stage. Oh wait no that wasn't that was just smoke machines. lol

:D
    I thought that maybe Cypress Hill or Snoop Dogg was backstage.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    If he's that bad at hiding it, it obviously never happened before.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Go listen to Hard Sun.
    Give it a good listen.

It has 2 electric guitars double tracked.
    It has an acoustic.
    It has ebow parts.
    I believe it has violin, but could be another ebow run, I don't know.
    It has a regular drum kit and looped rythmns.
    It has Ed's lead double tracked.
    It also has Ed backing vocals as well as SK female backing.

Ed can't solo this song w/o prerecorded help... give him a break
    the Minions
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Sounds like maybe he should stop smoking.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    piomba wrote:
    Speaking your mind is one thing; accusing eddie vedder of lip syncing is another. And anyone doing so should seriously consider what they're saying and why they are saying it.
    He is saying it because it is what he saw and felt. He is entitled to his beliefs and opinions...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    yahamita wrote:
    He is saying it because it is what he saw and felt. He is entitled to his beliefs and opinions...

It is an accusation and he is stating it as fact. This is not an opinion, this is slander. And you are defending someone who trying to discredit one of the men for whom this board was created... think about it.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    This is the stupidest thread ever! Obviously people who post this kind of $#% should try and educate themselves first!
    By the way, San Diego-both nights. AMAZING! THANK YOU ED!!!!
    THANK YOU 10C FOR THE AMAZING TICKETS!!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    mjb wrote:
    WTF!? Dude...there were 50 people at the box office line waiting for tickets to be released 1 at a time 2 minutes before Liam's set! Where were these people giving tickets away? I would like someone like Soundgrunger to weigh in on this point (considering I believe she waited 4 hours in 105 degree heat for her single). I don't think it is fair to create the perception that free tickets were "taped to the door"

And Soundgrunger was also nice enough to give Small Town Beck and PearlJamJen free tickets that she won at the pre-party to the Vancouver 2 show. If anyone deserved any ticket Karma, it was her.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    Zanne wrote:
    Ed made it pretty obvious (as if it wasn't already) that he used a pre-recorded track for Hard Sun and accompanied it. This would have been impossible to reproduce with just him, a drummer and a back-up singer in the way that it was originally recorded.

I'm glad someone made this point. Some of the recorded studio "magic" that you hear on some songs can't be redone live, and for songs like Hard Sun, I think I wouldn't like it live and acoustic compared to the original----ESPECIALLY after recently having seen the move Into the Wild. I think the recorded version with the background sound echo effect, and all that other technical stuff, reinforces the dramatic feel of the movie. Supertramp's lonely yet spiritual journey was mixed with all the elements of nature, and I think Hard Sun's feel portrays that experience very well with the different layers of sound.
  • Options
    There were backing tracks of everything -- bass drum, guitar, harmony vocals -- as far as I know. But Ed's guitar was wired, his voice was coming through and Liam's drum kit was obvioulsy making noise too.

He wasn't lip syncing. But there was a lot of backing track there. I think he was honest about it though. Kind of highlighted that fact by doing this big reel to reel thing.

i agree....no lip synching just backing.
    Kansas City 1998, Kansas City 2000, EV- Santa Cruz 2008, EV- Berkeley #1 2008, EV- Berkeley #2 2008, Outside Lands 2009, Seattle #2 2009, Portland 2009, LA #3 2009, LA #4 2009, SD 2009, KC 2010, STL 2010, CBUS 2010, Indy 2010, Cle 2010, Buffalo 2010, Boston 2010, Newark 2010, MSG 1 2010, MSG 2 2010, PJ20 1 2011, PJ20 2 2011, Midtown 2012, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013, OKC 2013, STL 2014, Tulsa 2014, Lincoln 2014.
  • Options
    LongGoneLongGone Posts: 44
    mjb wrote:

People were not giving tickets away. People were desperately seeking tickets for the L.A shows and lots of fans stood in line for hours to get tickets. So to come on here and say they were given tickets away is not funny nor fair to the folks who waited in line for tix.

Like Rosana-Rosanadana would say.. "IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!" Some folks are just never satisfied. The shows were great and Ed sang. If you didn't like it fine don't go next time.
    "This time I'm Gone.... Long Gone..."
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    LongGone wrote:
    People were not giving tickets away. People were desperately seeking tickets for the L.A shows and lots of fans stood in line for hours to get tickets. So to come on here and say they were given tickets away is not funny nor fair to the folks who waited in line for tix.

Like Rosana-Rosanadana would say.. "IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!" Some folks are just never satisfied. The shows were great and Ed sang. If you didn't like it fine don't go next time.
    People had extra tickets EVERYWHERE for LA1 and SD1... night two both nights were very difficult(I almost didn't get into LA2 and I heard SD2 was not easy!)
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Jesus Christ....Lock this f-ing thread already. Let it go....
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    and yesterday while listening to Hard Sun, it hit me....
    The reason I was so annoyed with his faking on Hard Sun is because this song has promise to be AMAZING live!
    Especially after "She just opens up her hands"... about 2:13 into the song, there could be some GREAT live Vedder vocal howling, arc like, primal, nusrat fateh crazy shit.... I was hoping he would have extended it... and I'm really mad it didn't go anywhere!
    and they had no chips/dip!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    and yesterday while listening to Hard Sun, it hit me....
    The reason I was so annoyed with his faking on Hard Sun is because this song has promise to be AMAZING live!
    Especially after "She just opens up her hands"... about 2:13 into the song, there could be some GREAT live Vedder vocal howling, arc like, primal, nusrat fateh crazy shit.... I was hoping he would have extended it... and I'm really mad it didn't go anywhere!
    and they had no chips/dip!

We should have had chips and dip for Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzan Diego.
  • Options
    I don't think your buddy is coming back.... it's been what, 40 days and 40 nights now?
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    I don't think your buddy is coming back.... it's been what, 40 days and 40 nights now?

You lost me on that one?
  • Options
    you said he would be back in 30.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    would you 2 just get a room already? oh wait....nevermind. sorry roommates!! hahaha...sorry Mick, I had too
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    you said he would be back in 30.

Are you having a blissful morning cause who the heck are you talking about? lol

would you 2 just get a room already? oh wait....nevermind. sorry roommates!! hahaha...sorry Mick, I had too

I had to come back to Milwaukee because of some health issues with my dad. I shall return to Denver when I can. With Chips and dip/salsa.