Options

Project #7 - Static Echoes: Yield Live

Comments

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    Improv from Mansfield 9/16/98 is a must IMO!
    In hiding from st Louis 7/2/98 is stellar too!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    All those yesterdays from Utah 6/21/98
    First live performance and great Ed speak!
    Post edited by locked on
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Last kiss was first introduced during the yield tour...
    Food for thought!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    No way from Atlanta 9/1/98!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    MFC from 7/13/98 Forum
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Do the evolution
    7/14/98
    Forum
    Great version!

FOLKS..
    Has this version been ruled out?

Keep up the great work!

Scott in Boston..
    Post edited by locked on
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Cool. Thanks Locked! I will take a listen to those in a bit
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Locked, You are the Bomb!!!!

Lots of things to think about, and I agree with most/all of your suggestions. Thanks. :D
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    TheRealDanPatchTheRealDanPatch Posts: 1,854
    edited January 2011
    Rough Draft starting to look like this:

Project #7 - "Yield Live"

Track List:

Brain Of J. - Melbourne, Australia (March 5, 1998)
    Faithfull - Melbourne, Australia (March 5, 1998)
    No Way - Atlanta, Georgia (September 1, 1998)
    Given To Fly
    Wishlist - Minneapolis, Minnesota (June 30th 1998)
    Pilate - Minneapolis, Minnesota (June 30th 1998)
    Do The Evolution
    Untitled [Red Dot] - Maryland Heights, Missouri (July 2, 1998)
    MFC - Los Angeles, California (July 13, 1998)
    Low Light - Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001)
    In Hiding - Maryland Heights, Missouri (July 2, 1998)
    Push Me, Pull Me - Washington, DC (September 19, 1998)
    All Those Yesterdays - Park City, Utah (June 21, 1998)
    Improv
    U
    Leatherman

***We can't use DTE from 7/14/98 because that is the same version from Lo2L

***Last Kiss, What do people think of this? Should it be on this compilation?

***Improv from Boston is great, but I am not a fan of the flat sound on that boot. Love the boot, just not the sound. I do not think that it will match up well on this comp for SQ reasons only.
    Post edited by TheRealDanPatch on
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    Only 98 era show I have heard / have is Melbourne 98. All great Versions of Yield songs bit have already been mentioned.

Do the Evolution is great however there
    may be many more great versions ofthat song as it would have been pop that tour for sure.

Wishlist is great too!! The ending is very nice!!
    ;)

True.
    Still .... I like Minneapolis 98/06/30 or Maryland Heights 98/07/02 better ...
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    Only 98 era show I have heard / have is Melbourne 98. All great Versions of Yield songs bit have already been mentioned.

may be many more great versions ofthat song as it would have been pop that tour for sure.

;)

True.

Wishlist down to Minneapolis, Maryland Heights, and Melbourne? Myra: which one is best?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    BrainofBGA wrote:

;)

True.

Wishlist down to Minneapolis, Maryland Heights, and Melbourne? Myra: which one is best?

I'd say Minneapolis. But I really like the 'groceries' speech at the end of Maryland Heights' Wishlist too.
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    Improv from Mansfield 9/16/98 is a must IMO!

Really like that one too.
    Isn't it similar to that from Maryland Heights, 07/02 ? :?
    Also liked the improv from Maui, 09/23, but it's not as good as Mansfield's.
  • Options
    Being a the big Ramones fan that I am, I wish that the version of "The KKK Took My Baby Away" the band did with Johnny Ramone at the 7/14/98 show was not lyrically messed up by Eddie. :cry:

I would have really loved to include it on this compilation, but it is not up to par. It is however a very cool moment from the 98 tour.
  • Options
    Will not be able to listen again for a couple of hours yet - but I think we need to find a good Given to Fly, and might have to dig around a bit, and take suggestions from board members.

Last night I listened to GTFs from these shows, but I wasn't so impressed with any of them. I can listen to more this evening

Melbourne, March 5, 1998
    Minneapolis, June 30, 1998
    LA July 13, 1998
    Boston Sept 16, 1998

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Will not be able to listen again for a couple of hours yet - but I think we need to find a good Given to Fly, and might have to dig around a bit, and take suggestions from board members.

Last night I listened to GTFs from these shows, but I wasn't so impressed with any of them. I can listen to more this evening

Melbourne, March 5, 1998
    LA July 13, 1998
    Boston Sept 16, 1998

How about Sydney (March 12, 1998) or DC (September 19, 1998)? Check the two of them out and let me know what you think.

Speaking of board members, where are all of them at??? We have not had many board member suggestions for this project so far. C'mon people this is fuckin' Yield we are talking about, not a fuckin' tea party! 8-)

Give us some suggestions. We want to know what the people think. These projects are for the people by the people. Lets start hearing some opinions.
  • Options
    Which shows have great enough audio quality to be considered?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Which shows have great enough audio quality to be considered?

That's a hard question to answer due to 98 not having many SB quality shows, but on a shortlist I would say:

Melbourne 3/5/98
    Sydney 3/12/98
    Park City 6/21/98
    Minneapolis 6/30/98
    St. Louis 7/2/98
    LA 7/13/98 & 7/14/98
    Seatlle 7/22/98
    DC 9/19/98

I am sure that I am missing a bunch, but here is a few to get you started. Despite 98 not having many SB recordings, it did have several great audience recordings.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Melbourne, March 5, 1998
    LA July 13, 1998
    Boston Sept 16, 1998
    How about Sydney (March 12, 1998) or DC (September 19, 1998)? Check the two of them out and let me know what you think.

Started listening to a bunch of GTF's. Can't really make up my mind. Had to run to the office :x.
    Will be back in an hour or so and resume listening.

BTW, I'm not so keen on including Last Kiss. What do you guys think ?
    Being a the big Ramones fan that I am, I wish that the version of "The KKK Took My Baby Away" the band did with Johnny Ramone at the 7/14/98 show was not lyrically messed up by Eddie. :cry:

:x That SUCKS.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Melbourne, March 5, 1998
    LA July 13, 1998
    Boston Sept 16, 1998

Started listening to a bunch of GTF's. Can't really make up my mind. Had to run to the office :x.
    Will be back in an hour or so and resume listening.

BTW, I'm not so keen on including Last Kiss. What do you guys think ?

:x That SUCKS.

Give me half an hour or so, and I'll be able to have a few more listens, including GTF comparisons. I am not a big fan of Last Kiss, so if we had some better alternatives I would be happier!

• Options
    I am not a big fan of having "Last Kiss" on this compilation either, so we will definitely leave it off.
  • Options
    Am just downloading DC and Sydney now, so will listen to those GTFs, as well as the other Yield tracks, along with those from the other shows I have downloaded.

I should be able to participate online for the next couple of hours now, but I tend to step away from the forum when I'm listening to music, so will check in and out

• Options
    i will listen to those shows you've suggested, listen to some songs that we don't have

and yeah, i think we should keep Last Kiss off the compilation. the song's alright, I just don't know if it will fit on the compilation
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Melbourne, March 5, 1998
    LA July 13, 1998
    Boston Sept 16, 1998

I vote for DC - I liked that. Sydney is quite 'subdued' - increased by the low volume of the bootleg I'm hearing. What do others think?

Will listen to some of the gaps now.

• Options
    A couple of highlights from recent listens, although I'm thinking of looking into some more boots as well

DTE - LA July 13th 1998
    Improv Sydney 3/12/98

I will listen to Locked's suggested improv, and try and find a half decent U.

Must say I am a bit underwhelmed with the bootlegs I have listened to - I guess I've become spoilt by the official bootlegs

• Options
    Faithful from Seattle is one of my favs, Eddie's heavy breathing at the beginning gives it a unique atmosphere/feeling; always thought this show was indoors until I got the video (DVD) . . .

Wishlist from the Letterman show could add a rinkle and much like your Daughter from SNL on VS. project mixes it up well . . .

Throw your Arms around me from Mansfield is great but not sure you are looking to add that as a bonus track . . .

Also, perhaps you should asterick the songs on the compilation that have Jack on drums, being the constant PJ historian and all, as I know Cameronforpresident is . . .
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • Options
    Faithful from Seattle is one of my favs, Eddie's heavy breathing at the beginning gives it a unique atmosphere/feeling; always thought this show was indoors until I got the video (DVD) . . .

Wishlist from the Letterman show could add a rinkle and much like your Daughter from SNL on VS. project mixes it up well . . .

Throw your Arms around me from Mansfield is great but not sure you are looking to add that as a bonus track . . .

Also, perhaps you should asterick the songs on the compilation that have Jack on drums, being the constant PJ historian and all, as I know Cameronforpresident is . . .

Sound like some great suggestions. I was wondering about whether we need an 'SNL' moment actually.

I think I'm going to take a break for a bit - not really feeling it. I enjoyed the improv Locked suggested from Mansfield 9/16/98 though!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    A couple of highlights from recent listens, although I'm thinking of looking into some more boots as well

DTE - LA July 13th 1998
    Improv Sydney 3/12/98

I will listen to Locked's suggested improv, and try and find a half decent U.

Must say I am a bit underwhelmed with the bootlegs I have listened to - I guess I've become spoilt by the official bootlegs

Improv from Sydney :thumbup: That's what I'm talking about.
  • Options

Faithful from Seattle is a great version of that song. We will have to check out "Wishlist", it's been a long time since I listened to that one.

I have to admit that I am not to keen on the SQ for Mansfield. It's a great boot, but the sound is so flat.
    Also, perhaps you should asterick the songs on the compilation that have Jack on drums, being the constant PJ historian and all, as I know Cameronforpresident is . .

:lol::lol:
  • Options

:thumbup:

I like this Faithful much much better !!
    The one from Melbourne is 'cleaner', but this one definitely stands out and really adds something to the studio version.