*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    any of you guys know if iggy is playing tonite? ... should i sit or bench him for korver?

he's starting. jason kapono is starting as well. what a joke
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    the names, green, carney, and williams immediately pop to mind.

we'll see what happens. i thought you wanted favors not cousins...

I said favors or cousins. cousins obviously comes with some baggage.

green has been around forever (way before AI left) and he was a 2nd round pick. williams was a 2nd round pick as well. carney was more of a 3 than a 2.

green sucked, but that is a solid pick. any time you get production out of a guy in round 2 it's a win. I don't mind lou williams...quality 6th man

Demarcus Cousins is a nut job and no way makes it through 82 games or has a long career.

Derrick Favors is going to be a stud. Would have much preferred Favors or Wesley Johnson with the #2 (although not sure how Johnson has done in pre-season). Turner is gonna suck. All reports I've heard is that he can't play - kind of scary to hear the negative views I've heard so far from a guy who hasn't played a regular season game.

Anyone believe Comcast would line-up if contraction comes to fruition and David Stern offers buyouts to teams to contract. I can totally see Comcast taking the money and running - especially after this team averages about 7,000 fans a game this year. Going to be ugly season.

no way the NBA subtracts a team in philly. they suck now, but he 76ers are one of the 5 most storied franchises in the NBA.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    any of you guys know if iggy is playing tonite? ... should i sit or bench him for korver?

thanks ...

kapono is not a bad player ... he's got a high basketball IQ ... he's just limited athletically ... but i suspect they need a knockdown shooter ... miami will basically have to put arroyo on him all night and i think he can get his shot off over arroyo ... otherwise holiday will make mince meat out of carlos ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

thanks ...

kapono is not a bad player ... he's got a high basketball IQ ... he's just limited athletically ... but i suspect they need a knockdown shooter ... miami will basically have to put arroyo on him all night and i think he can get his shot off over arroyo ... otherwise holiday will make mince meat out of carlos ...

kapono can shoot, that's about it. he is a comlpete liability on the defensive end. anything is better than willie green though

gonna be a long year
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Anyone believe Comcast would line-up if contraction comes to fruition and David Stern offers buyouts to teams to contract. I can totally see Comcast taking the money and running - especially after this team averages about 7,000 fans a game this year. Going to be ugly season.

no way the NBA subtracts a team in philly. they suck now, but he 76ers are one of the 5 most storied franchises in the NBA.

if the nba contracts, and i highly doubt it, you are looking at memphis, toronto, charlotte, new orleans maybe ok, but they just moved.

However, i would like to see the clippers go.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

if the nba contracts, and i highly doubt it, you are looking at memphis, toronto, charlotte, new orleans maybe ok, but they just moved.

good list. I don't know how atlanta keeps any of their teams. they don't draw in any sport
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

is there even any talk of this happening? that would be absolutely outstanding. every league needs to drop at least 5 teams. i can't stand how watered down every sport is.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Not a bad showing so far. If they lose this game by 8, then I'll take that as a moral victory.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Stern floated the idea of contraction last week. Stern has said the nba needs to cut player costs and contraction could be part of the solution. I doubt it happens
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Not a bad showing so far. If they lose this game by 8, then I'll take that as a moral victory.
    Haha. I watched a bit of the firsr halfand the sixers looked lost.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    81 wrote:
    Stern floated the idea of contraction last week. Stern has said the nba needs to cut player costs and contraction could be part of the solution. I doubt it happens

There should be a contraction. I was actually having this conversation last night. There are too many teams and too little talent. A shorter season wouldn't hurt either but a contraction should be the first step.

Philly won't be losing a team though.
    16 points
    70% from the floor
    7 boards
    4 assists

not bad for a bust :lol:

gotta be one of the best rookie debuts this franchise has ever had. atta way rook. :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

There should be a contraction. I was actually having this conversation last night. There are too many teams and too little talent. A shorter season wouldn't hurt either but a contraction should be the first step.

Philly won't be losing a team though

god help him if he was serious with that comment :lol:

i'm fine with the length of the season. just get rid of 5 or so teams. it's good to hear that there is even a discussion about this going on.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I doubt contraction ever happens, as it would be an admission that expansion was a failure and stern wont allow that. Its all posturing for labor negotions
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Meh. Nice little comeback in the 4th there. Miami Heat = Me, no way impressed.
    Meh. Nice little comeback in the 4th there. Miami Heat = Me, no way impressed.

nobody cares about a come back during garbage time. i was not impressed at all by philly in the 5 minutes of game time that i saw.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i didn't catch any of the game but how bad was Hawes? ... should i dump him? ... i know ... it's all about fantasy basketball for me ...
    edited October 2010
    polaris_x wrote:
    i didn't catch any of the game but how bad was Hawes? ... should i dump him? ... i know ... it's all about fantasy basketball for me ...

I can already tell I'm gonna hate watching this guy play. a 7 foot guy that roams the perimeter is a big, wet pussy in my book. not tough enough to rebound and his FG% probably won't help you since he seems allergic to being in the paint.

that dalembert trade was horrendous. at least turner played OK...even though most of his points came in garbage time.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    16 points
    70% from the floor
    7 boards
    4 assists

not bad for a bust :lol:

gotta be one of the best rookie debuts this franchise has ever had. atta way rook. :thumbup:

he was OK. most of his points came in garbage time. one of the best rookie debuts is getting carried away.

at least he gives us a reason to watch this team this year.
    i love the fact that turner acts older than he actually he is. the dude has a good head on his shoulders which will help him deal with stupd stuff like being labled a bust after a summer league and preseason. gotta like the way he boxed out/rebounded, the crossover vs wade (ala ai vs jordan in 96), and the way he defended wade and lebron. about as good a debut as one could expect.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep ... ivers.html
    A Bust? Evan Turner Delivers
    The best moment of last night's game was when Evan Turner threw down a dunk on a fastbreak. You probably remember the play, a toss out from Jrue Holiday and Turner checked over his left shoulder for LeBron James and then tossed in a two-handed slam in the open court. What was great about that play was Turner's reaction in the moment afterwards. You might have caught it, you might have missed it. Turner was on the rim, hanging for a split second, when LeBron cut slightly underneath him to grab the ball and take it out of bounds. LeBron's shoulder caught one of Turner's legs as he was coming down and it threw Turner, just a little bit, off balance. When Turner landed, he turned and looked at LeBron, tilting his head and raising his arms with a definite look of: What's that about? You're going to run under me on a dunk? Immediately, Turner let the look dissipate, probably because he saw that LeBron did not intend to run under him, perhaps because he instantly remembered who he was messing with.

It was only one second, but it reminded you that Evan Turner is legitimate. His swagger was, finally, on display last night. For 76ers fans who left the arena, or watched on TV, the best takeaway was Turner's performance. He played unlike anything we've seen through a month of preseason. It's too early to expect Turner to play like that every night, but there it was, against Dwyane Wade and LeBron, and you know it's in there and at some point down the line it might be there every night. The confidence, the ability to create, the effort on defense, the talent to get a shot -- and a good shot -- almost whenever he wants one.

If nothing else going forward, you can watch the Sixers just to see how Turner will play.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i love the fact that turner acts older than he actually he is. the dude has a good head on his shoulders which will help him deal with stupd stuff like being labled a bust after a summer league and preseason. gotta like the way he boxed out/rebounded, the crossover vs wade (ala ai vs jordan in 96), and the way he defended wade and lebron. about as good a debut as one could expect.

The best moment of last night's game was when Evan Turner threw down a dunk on a fastbreak. You probably remember the play, a toss out from Jrue Holiday and Turner checked over his left shoulder for LeBron James and then tossed in a two-handed slam in the open court. What was great about that play was Turner's reaction in the moment afterwards. You might have caught it, you might have missed it. Turner was on the rim, hanging for a split second, when LeBron cut slightly underneath him to grab the ball and take it out of bounds. LeBron's shoulder caught one of Turner's legs as he was coming down and it threw Turner, just a little bit, off balance. When Turner landed, he turned and looked at LeBron, tilting his head and raising his arms with a definite look of: What's that about? You're going to run under me on a dunk? Immediately, Turner let the look dissipate, probably because he saw that LeBron did not intend to run under him, perhaps because he instantly remembered who he was messing with.

It was only one second, but it reminded you that Evan Turner is legitimate. His swagger was, finally, on display last night. For 76ers fans who left the arena, or watched on TV, the best takeaway was Turner's performance. He played unlike anything we've seen through a month of preseason. It's too early to expect Turner to play like that every night, but there it was, against Dwyane Wade and LeBron, and you know it's in there and at some point down the line it might be there every night. The confidence, the ability to create, the effort on defense, the talent to get a shot -- and a good shot -- almost whenever he wants one.

If nothing else going forward, you can watch the Sixers just to see how Turner will play.

he looked like the next kobe :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

dude, did you watch the game? wade abused him all night...especially in the post (even though turner is bigger than wade).

he played a decent game. you're getting carried away though
    It's early in his career, but he's gonna have to get more "swoled up", as the kids say.
    The Fixer wrote:

dude, did you watch the game? wade abused him all night...especially in the post (even though turner is bigger than wade).

did you expect him to defend like mj in his first game or something? you gave up on the dude after summer league :lol:

he definitely held his own out there. excellent start for rook :clap:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    you all need to whoa it up a bit...kobe, mj. come on now. lets be realisitc
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

exactly. dude played real well for his first game...especially after the preseason he had. nice way to start.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

did you expect him to defend like mj in his first game or something? you gave up on the dude after summer league :lol:

he definitely held his own out there. excellent start for rook :clap:

didnt give up on him...just reported what I had read. I preferred a big guy. cousins and favors both had decent debuts last night as well.

you said you were happy with the way he guarded wade and lebron. wade ABUSED him. not sure what you were happy about in those regards.

you're acting like the dude is gonna be an all star this year. it's only 1 game. I'm looking forward to watching him too, but let's relax.
    81 wrote:

AI too!! don't forget him.

Jeags has him 2nd in his MVP voting so far this year. :mrgreen:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

AI too!! don't forget him.

Jeags has him 2nd in his MVP voting so far this year. :mrgreen:

i think he was referring to you expecting way more out of him.

regarding the ai thing--if you watched the game, you'd absolutely know the one play i was referring to. it was fucking sick.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    you all realize, Jordan scored 16 points in his first NBA game. Evan is a player of destiney.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg