*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    iguadala ranked 125th out of 130 for 3pt fg% last year... d wade was 122nd.

where did you get that stat?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    polaris_x wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... /count/121

they're both awful 3pt shooters.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:

best to put 2009-2010 season ... in which case igoudala is still horrible (which i've readily admitted) and wade didn't even make the list ...

in any case - i'd like to have him as a raptor ... he doesn't seem like a selfish player based on his stats and the games i've watched ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

best to put 2009-2010 season ... in which case igoudala is still horrible (which i've readily admitted) and wade didn't even make the list ...

in any case - i'd like to have him as a raptor ... he doesn't seem like a selfish player based on his stats and the games i've watched ...

I wouldn't call him selfish either. At times I feel like he tries to do too much, but look at the turds he's stuck playing with.

Like JP said, he is a great 3rd option. Unfortunately he is paid like a 1st option
    The Fixer wrote:
    I wouldn't call him selfish either. At times I feel like he tries to do too much, but look at the turds he's stuck playing with.

Like JP said, he is a great 3rd option. Unfortunately he is paid like a 1st option

for sure ... but someone has to step up when the team is down ... like i've said previously, he's taken on a role that just isn't suited for him ... if jrue holiday progresses and can be the floor general like a deron williams or chris paul - it may not be bad to have igoudala in your lineup ... the contract is a different story altogether tho ... you guys could trade him but who knows what you'll get saddled with ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

the season is only a couple weeks old dude. they'll probably even out to be about the same at the end of the year as they were last year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

for sure ... but someone has to step up when the team is down ... like i've said previously, he's taken on a role that just isn't suited for him ... if jrue holiday progresses and can be the floor general like a deron williams or chris paul - it may not be bad to have igoudala in your lineup ... the contract is a different story altogether tho ... you guys could trade him but who knows what you'll get saddled with ...

....an expiring contract would be lovely. ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

....an expiring contract would be lovely. ;)

the EXACT reason why the dalembert trade SUCKED. I hate that trade even more now that I've got to see hawes play a few games.

anyone still like that deal?
    the season is only a couple weeks old dude. they'll probably even out to be about the same at the end of the year as they were last year.

this season would be 2010-2011 ...

in any case - agreed, they are probably equally bad 3 pt shooters ... my point is that no one would tell d. wade to stop shooting the 3 ... that is all ...

and yeah - an expiring contract would be good ... but what are the chances that's gonna happen ... maybe at the trade deadline but that team will likely have to give up 2 or 3 guys to get iggy ...
    polaris_x wrote:

this season would be 2010-2011 ...

in any case - agreed, they are probably equally bad 3 pt shooters ... my point is that no one would tell d. wade to stop shooting the 3 ... that is all ...

and yeah - an expiring contract would be good ... but what are the chances that's gonna happen ... maybe at the trade deadline but that team will likely have to give up 2 or 3 guys to get iggy ...

oh...my mistake! here is the 09/10 stats: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... /count/121

out of 131 players, iguadala ranked 127th. d wade 128.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    oh...my mistake! here is the 09/10 stats: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... /count/121

yeah ... both horrible ... but one gets branded as horrible while the other isn't ...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    polaris_x wrote:

yeah ... both horrible ... but one gets branded as horrible while the other isn't ...

Because Wade does everything else extremely well. And won a championship. As the go-to guy. Dude takes over a game, as opposed to Iguodala.
    Because Wade does everything else extremely well. And won a championship. As the go-to guy. Dude takes over a game, as opposed to Iguodala.

oh yeah ... wade is pretty awesome ... but he's got a horrible jump shot is all i'm saying ...
    polaris_x wrote:

oh yeah ... wade is pretty awesome ... but he's got a horrible jump shot is all i'm saying ...

Yeah, well, Iggy has a terrible shot, and is average to above-average at best.
    polaris_x wrote:

iguodala's handle is just as bad as his jumper. he's a guy that should do 90% of his scoring from slashing to the hoop, foul shots, and tip ins. unfortunately, this roster forces him to create his own shots, which is something he sucks at
    so the general manager is providing the analysis for tonight's telecast. no conflict of interest there at all..

and does jodie meeks remind anyone else of ron anderson a little bit? not the way he plays so much but the way he looks. the red # 20 road jersey complete with a high wristband. dead ringer.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • There... now you have all your threads at the top...

Do you guys time this??
    GoiMTvP.gif
    There... now you have all your threads at the top...

Do you guys time this??

Like clockwork....
    this squad is pathetic. I'm already hoping for a top 5 lottery pick. just lose baby
    The Fixer wrote:
    this squad is pathetic. I'm already hoping for a top 5 lottery pick. just lose baby

are you surprised they are not good or something?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

not at all. I was the voice of reason when people started getting excited about turner and awful moves like the dalembert trade.

they're even worse than I expected though. Might be the worst frontcourt I've ever seen
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not at all. I was the voice of reason when people started getting excited about turner and awful moves like the dalembert trade.

they're even worse than I expected though. Might be the worst frontcourt I've ever seen

16 and 9 from the rook tonight :mrgreen:

why would it bother you if people get excited about the #2 pick the draft?

and if you don't think they're good enough to win now and are rooting for them to lose, i'd suspect you'd be happy they traded their best rebounder and shot blocker. it's the sixers. they blow. we still love 'em.

here's to hoping iguadala is gone sooner than later now.

GO BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    turner has been OK. not saying that people shouldn't be excited about him, just that he's not the savior that some people thought he was gonna be.

trading dalmbert was ridiculously dumb. he has an expiring contract, they took on a scrub's salary to move him, and they got a big man that is allergic to being in the paint. other than that, it's a great move. they should have kept him and either 1) moved him at the deadline for a better return or 2)let his contract expire and used the cap space to sign someone that might actually help this team.

I hated that trade from the get go.

Just keep losing!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    turner has been OK. not saying that people shouldn't be excited about him, just that he's not the savior that some people thought he was gonna be.

trading dalmbert was ridiculously dumb. he has an expiring contract, they took on a scrub's salary to move him, and they got a big man that is allergic to being in the paint. other than that, it's a great move. they should have kept him and either 1) moved him at the deadline for a better return or 2)let his contract expire and used the cap space to sign someone that might actually help this team.

Just keep losing!!

yeah they would have gotten more from dalembert if they waited till the deadline, sure. however, there's not much you can do, though, if your newly hired coach realizes he is a cancer and doesn't want him infecting his new team. the guy was kicked off team canada's olympic team a few years back :lol: he's a turd...and off to an awful start in sacramento too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

Just keep losing!!

yeah they would have gotten more from dalembert if they waited till the deadline, sure. however, there's not much you can do, though, if your newly hired coach realizes he is a cancer and doesn't want him infecting his new team. the guy was kicked off team canada's olympic team a few years back :lol: he's a turd...and off to an awful start in sacramento too.

it was more about saving money than anything else...which makes it even tougher to accept.

oh well, I guess I should get over it. hopefully they will be picking in the top 5 again next summer
    The Fixer wrote:

it was more about saving money than anything else...which makes it even tougher to accept.

oh well, I guess I should get over it. hopefully they will be picking in the top 5 again next summer

they probably will. no use expounding too much energy over this squad dude.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Loss to toronto at home...that's what I'm talking about.

Nice work fellas...I want to tell you to keep losing, but I'm sure that's a given.

Elton Brand moves like a robot. That dude couldn't jump over a credit card
    i watched the 4th quarter ... too many turnovers and the team is a bit lost ... i would attribute most of that to having a new coach and a new system and essentially a new rotation (nocioni, thornton, hawes and holiday as a starter) play significant minutes ...

anyways - raptors are not a good team but if they can stick together as a unit they will be in games ... i think they are a better team without bosh ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    i watched the 4th quarter ... too many turnovers and the team is a bit lost ... i would attribute most of that to having a new coach and a new system and essentially a new rotation (nocioni, thornton, hawes and holiday as a starter) play significant minutes ...

anyways - raptors are not a good team but if they can stick together as a unit they will be in games ... i think they are a better team without bosh ...

think you threw thornton in there by accident.

any team that has nocioni in their starting lineup...and battie, hawes, songalia, and kapono in their rotation is in bad shape. The sixers lost to a team that started reggie evans last night...awful.

I thought calderon was gonna be better than he turned out. He couldn't beat out jarret jack???
    The Fixer wrote:
    think you threw thornton in there by accident.

any team that has nocioni in their starting lineup...and battie, hawes, songalia, and kapono in their rotation is in bad shape. The sixers lost to a team that started reggie evans last night...awful.

I thought calderon was gonna be better than he turned out. He couldn't beat out jarret jack???

jose calderon is awful ... he has a high basketball IQ which is great for a point guard but he is super unathletic ... he doesn't have the heart or the handle to take his man and he gets outhustled for balls ... plus, he is an awful defender ... jarret jack holds on to the ball way too much but at least he can defend and rebound ...

haha ... reggie ... say what you will about that guy but he plays with heart and within a team system ... like i said about iggy - i will take guys that are willing to play in a team system over me-first guys 6 days out of 7 ...