*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I liked Smith though, but he couldn't stay on the court. Plus, they traded for a guy like him anyway.

And, yes, THANK GOD Green is gone.

one of my buddies is known for making bold statements that always come back to bite him in the ass. about 5 years ago he once, in an overtly adamant manner, uttered the phrase "willie green is a scoring machine."

yeah, he didn't get any shit for that what so ever :lol:

I've hated him ever since he missed those free throws in the playoffs back in 2002 (or whatever year it was).
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    The Fixer wrote:
    I liked Smith though, but he couldn't stay on the court. Plus, they traded for a guy like him anyway.

one of my buddies is known for making bold statements that always come back to bite him in the ass. about 5 years ago he once, in an overtly adamant manner, uttered the phrase "willie green is a scoring machine."

I've hated him ever since he missed those free throws in the playoffs back in 2002 (or whatever year it was).

He is the only Sixer that I got to know at all when working down there. He did a shit load of charity work and marketing stuff. Really good guy.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

He is the only Sixer that I got to know at all when working down there. He did a shit load of charity work and marketing stuff. Really good guy.

I always heard this, but too bad he couldn't turn a good personality into a good ball player.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

I always heard this, but too bad he couldn't turn a good personality into a good ball player.

For sure. Shitty players always seem to be good guys and the good players always seem to be shitty people.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

I wouldn't let him live that down.

we bring it up literally every time we hang out together.

mind you this is the same guy who once said larry bird could not start in today's nba :lol:

i love the kid but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus h christ
    chinese-happy.jpg

mind you this is the same guy who once said larry bird could not start in today's nba :lol:

he's probably the braves fan
    The Fixer wrote:

he's probably the braves fan

nah. he's a 4 for 4 guy who just says extremely dumb shit when he's drunk....and sober
    chinese-happy.jpg
    season starts tonight. I heard the game is being aired on comedy central.

same shit, different year. this team will be somewhere around 7-10 in the east. if they're lucky enough to get into the playoffs, they will be knocked out early. they need to establish an identity and get some semblence of direction for the future.

lot of people picking evan turner to be the biggest bust from the draft. that would certainly suck
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    hmnn jeagler starts a sixers thread then says the nba sucks..

more like the sixers suck
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I think 3 of the 4 major sports leagues suck. MLB is by far the best product of the 4. the NBA is the worst, though roger goodell is trying his best to change that

the nba has sucked since the mid nineties dude. if you can't see that, then your eyes are decieving you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Turner to come off the bench. Collins scoffs at the statement that Turner was the most nba ready.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Turner to come off the bench. Collins scoffs at the statement that Turner was the most nba ready.

i'm gonna give the kid a game or two or two seasons before deteriming if he'll be a bust or not. man people are idiots...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    81 wrote:

I preferred a big guy in the draft. 2 guards practically grow on trees...like first basemen in baseball.

we shall see. everything I've read has said how terrible turner was in the summer league and preseason.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

I preferred a big guy in the draft. 2 guards practically grow on trees...like first basemen in baseball.

we shall see. everything I've read has said how terrible turner was in the summer league and preseason.

had to take best available.

if two guards grow on trees we've been picking from some pretty shitty trees the last 6 years :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

if two guards grow on trees we've been picking from some pretty shitty trees the last 6 years :lol:

how many 2 guards have they drafted since iverson left?

my argument was that they're not in win-now mode. so they should have taken the guy with the most upside, not the most NBA ready.

cousins is gonna be an animal
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

i'm gonna give the kid a game or two or two seasons before deteriming if he'll be a bust or not. man people are idiots...

i hope he does well and has the best Ohio State career since Lucas? Jimmy Jackson had a solid productive career, Oden might be the next sam bowie, hopefully Turner does something solid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i hope he does well and has the best Ohio State career since Lucas? Jimmy Jackson had a solid productive career, Oden might be the next sam bowie, hopefully Turner does something solid.

I was always a chris jent fan

there are not that many truly great 2 guards in the league. It's tough to find one that can score and defend.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

the nba has sucked since the mid nineties dude. if you can't see that, then your eyes are decieving you.

ive quite enjoyed it over that time frame

7 finals 5 trophies... but i understand where your coming from :lol:

hey at least you had iverson drop 48 in game 1... back in 01 :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    edited October 2010
    The Fixer wrote:

that was the guy that broke his neck? right? or maybe it wasn't him. but there was a buckeye basketball player that broke his neck, and i think he came back. it's been a long time
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

there are not that many truly great 2 guards in the league. It's tough to find one that can score and defend.

much easier to find a 2 than a PG or quality big guy.
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that was the guy that broke his neck? right?

no clue. I just remember him drilling shots when OSU made a run in the NCAAs with Jimmy Jackson

EDIT: it really is amazing how much more clearly you remember games when you bet on them. watching those games feels like yesterday. that was back when the Fixer was laid up with a back injury that derailed his high school hoops career and began his career as a professional gambler
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

much easier to find a 2 than a PG or quality big guy.

seems like there are a ton of great PG's right now, and a handfull of 2's. i agree about the quality big man. very few of those to go around.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

how many 2 guards have they drafted since iverson left?

my argument was that they're not in win-now mode. so they should have taken the guy with the most upside, not the most NBA ready.

cousins is gonna be an animal

the names, green, carney, and williams immediately pop to mind.

we'll see what happens. i thought you wanted favors not cousins...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that was the guy that broke his neck? right?

no clue. I just remember him drilling shots when OSU made a run in the NCAAs with Jimmy Jackson

EDIT: it really is amazing how much more clearly you remember games when you bet on them. watching those games feels like yesterday. that was back when the Fixer was laid up with a back injury that derailed his high school hoops career and began his career as a professional gambler

Jay Burson was the guy i was thinking of. He broke his neck in a game agaist iowa. later on they should him wearing a head brace that looked like it bolted to his head and shoulders. he ended up playing a few preseason games for houston before playing for a short bit in teh cba.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

I said favors or cousins. cousins obviously comes with some baggage.

green has been around forever (way before AI left) and he was a 2nd round pick. williams was a 2nd round pick as well. carney was more of a 3 than a 2.

green sucked, but that is a solid pick. any time you get production out of a guy in round 2 it's a win. I don't mind lou williams...quality 6th man
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    any of you guys know if iggy is playing tonite? ... should i sit or bench him for korver?
    The Fixer wrote:

green has been around forever (way before AI left) and he was a 2nd round pick. williams was a 2nd round pick as well. carney was more of a 3 than a 2.

green sucked, but that is a solid pick. any time you get production out of a guy in round 2 it's a win. I don't mind lou williams...quality 6th man

here's a list of some of the people who've played the 2 for us over the last five years:

kyle korver
    andre iquadola --not a 2 but forced to play there.
    willie green
    john salmons
    lou williams
    allen iverson part two

i'm okay with them taking evans. we'll see how it works out.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    The Fixer wrote:

Demarcus Cousins is a nut job and no way makes it through 82 games or has a long career.

Derrick Favors is going to be a stud. Would have much preferred Favors or Wesley Johnson with the #2 (although not sure how Johnson has done in pre-season). Turner is gonna suck. All reports I've heard is that he can't play - kind of scary to hear the negative views I've heard so far from a guy who hasn't played a regular season game.

Anyone believe Comcast would line-up if contraction comes to fruition and David Stern offers buyouts to teams to contract. I can totally see Comcast taking the money and running - especially after this team averages about 7,000 fans a game this year. Going to be ugly season.