*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    you all need to whoa it up a bit...kobe, mj. come on now. lets be realisitc

AI too!! don't forget him.

Jeags has him 2nd in his MVP voting so far this year. :mrgreen:

i think he was referring to you expecting way more out of him.

regarding the ai thing--if you watched the game, you'd absolutely know the one play i was referring to. it was fucking sick.

I watched the entire game. Had miami -8, so I was sweating it out at the end when the heat stopped playing (and turner coincidentally started scoring...ie, the play where he crossed over an uninterested wade). Also, I'm sure you didn't need to watch the games to see that play...I'm sure the highlight shows had this everywhere

The dude played OK. 81 games left...plenty of time to see what kind of player they've got.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    81 wrote:
    you all realize, Jordan scored 16 points in his first NBA game. Evan is a player of destiney.

see! :lol::lol:

in all honesty--it was a very good start. and it was probably very unexpected by a lot of people who seemed to have already written him off.

even though he's the #2 pick, i like the fact that he's now kind of an underdog with so many critics. gonna be fun to see the rook progress this year.

either way---pretty cool that a team as bad as the sixers have a thread at the top of this board. frauds, we are not. ;) :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    81 wrote:
    you all realize, Jordan scored 16 points in his first NBA game. Evan is a player of destiney.

even though he's the #2 pick, i like the fact that he's now kind of an underdog with so many critics. gonna be fun to see the rook progress this year.

definitely agree with this. I think that will help him too.

unfortunately turner, holiday, and thad are probably the only reasons to watch this team.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

definitely agree with this. I think that will help him too.

unfortunately turner, holiday, and thad are probably the only reasons to watch this team.

at least there is something to watch now. it does not get much worse than last year. we have some hope for the future now....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ankles...set to be broken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaEe6oO1 ... r_embedded

by the way regarding the defense---didn't mean he shut wade down. there's not too many people on the planet who can do that. just saying he wasn't afraid to go up against the best. wasn't afraid. gotta like that attitude.

i'm actually looking forward to the hawks game. cannot remember the last time i uttered that phrase.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    great start guys :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

as I predicted, this team blows. their frontcourt is absolutely horrendous. I hated dalembert, but that trade was terrible. spencer hawes should be playing in the wnba...he definitely pees sitting down
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

by the way regarding the defense---didn't mean he shut wade down. there's not too many people on the planet who can do that. just saying he wasn't afraid to go up against the best. wasn't afraid. gotta like that attitude.

i'm actually looking forward to the hawks game. cannot remember the last time i uttered that phrase.

uhhh ... there were no ankles broken there ...

no one knows their role on this team ...
    polaris_x wrote:

uhhh ... there were no ankles broken there ...

no one knows their role on this team ...

thank you. I didn't think that move was anything special either. especially when you consider the score and how disinterested the heat were at that point in the 4th qtr. I didn't want to bring it up and sound like a turner hater.

still early, but this team is gonna have a tough time winning with obviously deficiencies stopping people, hitting jumpshots, and rebounding (other than that they are great)

the organization has no direction at all whatsoever
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    thank you. I didn't think that move was anything special either. especially when you consider the score and how disinterested the heat were at that point in the 4th qtr. I didn't want to bring it up and sound like a turner hater.

still early, but this team is gonna have a tough time winning with obviously deficiencies stopping people, hitting jumpshots, and rebounding (other than that they are great)

this team has loads of talent ... but no one really knows their role ... i think both collins and o'brien are messing up the development of their young pg's by giving them the hook too early ...

collins wants holiday to be more agressive but then pulls him every time he turns the ball over ...
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    on the bright side, you guys will get a high draft pick next summer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

this team has loads of talent ... but no one really knows their role ... i think both collins and o'brien are messing up the development of their young pg's by giving them the hook too early ...

collins wants holiday to be more agressive but then pulls him every time he turns the ball over ...

I don't see the roster loaded with talent at all. young and holiday can play. iguodala is overpaid, but he's someone you can win with (just not as a first or second offensive option). we will see about turner. williams and speights are decent bench pieces. That's it. the rest of the roster is loaded with stiffs.

The brand contract killed them. And now they are stuck with nocioni for 3 more years. And they're gonna have to re-sign hawes because they don't have any other options at center.

they're a complete disaster

what did you expect? this is a 35-ish win team.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

35?? :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

25-30. 35 is with all the upside factored in.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

25-30. 35 is with all the upside factored in.

you're with the upside factored in. :? :lol:

nelly laughing only makes me prouder to be a fan of such a lousy team :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Go sixers.
    juliuserving1.JPG
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

you're with the upside factored in. :? :lol:

nelly laughing only makes me prouder to be a fan of such a lousy team :lol:

Well said.
    Go sixers.
    juliuserving1.JPG

One day something like this may happen again. I may have an AARP card by then, but it may happen again.
    Go sixers.
    juliuserving1.JPG

Glory days, they'll pass you bye

if you look up behind the us flag, in the 3rd to last row, you will see my seat for the last show ever at the spectrum. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I wish I coulda closed down the Spectrum with you guys last year. That musta been so much fun. Much respect for the Spectrum. You guys probably felt similar to us when the Garden was removed years ago. Shitty building, but priceless memories.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Go sixers.
    juliuserving1.JPG

One day something like this may happen again. I may have an AARP card by then, but it may happen again.

those uni's were the shit. i wish we would have went all old school with this latest incarnation they are wearing...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Go sixers.
    juliuserving1.JPG

those uni's were the shit. i wish we would have went all old school with this latest incarnation they are wearing...

And get rid of that God damn rabbit.
    edited November 2010
    The Wiz really need to change their name. Fun game.

Oh shit. Well, that wasn't fun right there.

And Eric Snow is just atrocious. Another year of looking for a decent color commentator - and a playbyplay guy while they're at it.

Igg has to foul there.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    this team fucking sucks ass. how does that happen????

also, the last 30 seconds of this game has taken 40 minutes in real time
    The Wiz really need to change their name. Fun game.

Oh shit. Well, that wasn't fun right there.

And Eric Snow is just atrocious. Another year of looking for a decent color commentator - and a playbyplay guy while they're at it.

Igg has to foul there.

I don't understand why they ever got rid of steve mix. I have a theory, but it's not appropriate to post here. You can attribute the donyell marshall disaster to the same theory.

the bullets fit DC much much better than the Wiz
    The Fixer wrote:
    this team fucking sucks ass. how does that happen????

also, the last 30 seconds of this game has taken 40 minutes in real time

Seriously. I don't know how Iguodala isn't smacking the shit outta him before he goes up for the shot.
    Worst shooter in the league. Fucking rainbows.
    Worst shooter in the league. Fucking rainbows.

no one on this team can shoot. except kapono, but he can't do anything else.

nice turnover by turner too...how do you get picked there????

I'm already rooting against them so they get a high lottery pick. not good times
    Wall's got such a nice stroke.

Gotta love your bigs taking shots from the perimeter. :roll: