*** Newark Fanviews Here 5/18/10 ***

Comments

• pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    one of the best sets ever too brother, alone, all along the watchtower, jersey girl, footsteps all in same set that is insane, been to 31 shows and never heard the first 4 songs, mabe here footsteps like 2 times before. awesome set, only thing i wish was better were seats, 10c fucked me out of seats for this show cause of the msg lock for 2 hours, and when tickets went onsale first day with tbastard they had shit seats, and then as time went on better seats got realeased that was stupid shit, never had such a ticket fiasco ever for pearl jam before, hope they never announced a show in last minute like that agian, that why getting tickets was retarded, worse seats i may of ever had out of 31 shows but still fuckin kickass
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Best line of the night: "This is a request -- from two nights ago."

that was hilarious! which song was that for ?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    nycrats wrote:
    Best line of the night: "This is a request -- from two nights ago."

that was hilarious! which song was that for ?

Footsteps

I'm glad he saved it for us.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • solat14 wrote:
    So much for the letdown.....Brother. :D

seriously!
    :mrgreen:
    had a GREAT time!
    also my first show of this tour.
    very varied setlist, i think it took the crowd a while to warm up to it, make sense of it...idk. i thoroughly enjoyed the show but will say, somehow, that the "flow" of the setlist was perhaps not at the usual level of pearl jam and that the crowd didn't get into it as much as they might've had the flow been stronger. just my opinion. the band was soooooo good, really on, think they all had a great time playing. and now all i can say is BRING ON MSG!!! 8-)

also, big, big, big thanks to a wonderful, long-time pj friend....was great to share a show with you, sorry you had *that guy*...aka drunk guy next to you all night......and you're 4th row center seats were pretty damn sweet. appreciate you sharing the love! :mrgreen:

yes, m. i completely agree. jen and i were discussing the uneven feeling of last night's set. that said i thoroughly enjoyed it and the sound was absolutely fantastic in that place. got of the girl for the first time...brother for the first time. we got alone and leatherman. i dont care about the people around me--i always rock out and have fun with whomever i'm sitting. :mrgreen:
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    one of the best sets ever too brother, alone, all along the watchtower, jersey girl, footsteps all in same set that is insane, been to 31 shows and never heard the first 4 songs, mabe here footsteps like 2 times before. awesome set, only thing i wish was better were seats, 10c fucked me out of seats for this show cause of the msg lock for 2 hours, and when tickets went onsale first day with tbastard they had shit seats, and then as time went on better seats got realeased that was stupid shit, never had such a ticket fiasco ever for pearl jam before, hope they never announced a show in last minute like that agian, that why getting tickets was retarded, worse seats i may of ever had out of 31 shows but still fuckin kickass

thats a lot of complaing for someone who was able to get 10 club msg seats
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    anyone have any scans of the setlists yet? I know I saw Mike hand out one of his to the lucky ones in row 1
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 390
    Here is my song-by-song fanview from last night:

Of the Girl - I am not a huge fan of this song and was dying to hear Oceans, but it was a nice opener

Brain of J - Absolutely rocked. They nailed this song. Mike killed the solo. The band was tight all night and this song set the tone.

Do the Evolution - Perfect. Stone played both solos brilliantly. Crowd responded well to this song as they tend to do for anything off of Yield.

The Fixer - Very nice and I liked the flow of this song coming after Brain of J and DTE. Crowd did not react as I expected. This drew a lot of "Yeah, yeah, yeah" singalongs in Philly in October. Not so much last night.

Alone - Ed introduced by saying, "This is about a guy who fucked up." Good tune, but I'm not crazy about it so I used it as an opportunity to get a beer / use the little boy's room.

Amongst the Waves - I like this song so much better live than on the record. They did a great job with it and some good crowd participation on the chorus.

Immortality - Highlight of the night for me. They completely nailed this song in every way - vocal, Mike's solo, outro. Unbelievable. I've heard this live many times but this was by far the best version I've ever experienced.

In Hiding - Epic. Loved the setlist to this point.

Even Flow - I've been to 17 PJ concerts but I feel like I've seen this song performed 200 times. Good, but doesn't do much for me anymore. Crowd liked it.

Insiginificance - Great version. Very tight. Always love the stop / start. Nice jam before the outro.

Supersonic - Just a fun song. Well done.

Brother - Cool to hear this one. I always loved it and was disappointed when Lost Dogs came out with the instrumental-only version. I'm glad they released the version with lyrics and hope they continue to bust it out.

Glorified G - Great energy with this one. Good crowd participation

Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop (The Ramones)/WMA - Stone goes with the electric w/ acoustic tone instead of the acoustic guitar. Great performance, always love the WMA tag. Crowd was weak on the Ramones refrain with Ed. Maybe because he was hitting ridiculous notes.

Unthought Known - Highlight #2 of my night. Amazing. Mind-blowing. Song just builds and builds. Sounded perfect.

Leatherman / Lukin - Bathroom / beer break #2. I can't believe I missed Lukin. This was ill-timed on my part. I could do without Leatherman but I didn't expect them to hit back with Lukin right after.

Once - Killer. Perfect, spot-on version of this song. Great set closer. Crowd was really into it. I really enjoyed the first set.

Just Breathe - Absolutely beautiful. I sent my wife a video message during this song. It was our wedding song. Ed is immensely talented. Good crowd singalong too, which surprised me a bit.

Footsteps - Highlight #3 of the night. This was beautiful and a great follow up to JB. Ed's harmonica work was just about perfect. I went to this show with a buddy who had never seen PJ and really doesn't know a lot of their stuff. This was his favorite song of the night.

Inside Job - Very nice, though I was hoping they'd rock out something hard here after JB and Footsteps.

Got Some - I liked it, but this was the only point of the night where I thought the sound was a bit off. It sounded muddled. Maybe I'm crazy.

Go - Awesome. The Band had great energy all night and really brought it here, despite a crowd that was up and down. Second great set-closer.

Jersey Girl - Excellent cover. Crowd really appreciated it. I was confused about this but figured it out today - I guess Tom Waits wrote this but apparently Bruce covered it and made it famous. The crowd chanted "Bruuuuuuce" after it was over. Ed corrected everyone to give TW credit.

You Are - I think this is PJ's most unique song (well, aside from silly songs like "Bugs" or "Hummus / Red Dot") and I love the lights they use when they play it live. It sounded amazing.

Whipping - Fun and wild performance.

Life Wasted - Mike's outro was awesome. I love this song and it always comes across great live.

Alive - Unlike Even Flow, I never ever get tired of seeing them rock this song. They killed it last night. Mike's solo was great, though not extended.

Indifference - In 17 shows, I don't think I had ever seen this performed. They turned the house lights on for it and I thought they'd be done for the night...

All Along the Watchtower - They brought Ben from Band of Horses up to help out with the closer. I really enjoyed it. I was in the mood for "Rockin' in the Free World," but this was certainly not a disappointment.

All in all, a very good show and I'm glad I made the long trek from Philly during rush hour. I didn't get home till 1:45 am and didn't get to sleep till about 3:30, so needless to say I'm a little tired today here in the office. My buddy (first timer) loved the show, so it's always good to convert another one. As far as the crowd, I think people are exaggerating how bad it was. It was okay - not terrible, not great. Basically, a little inconsistent.

As always, I'm glad I went.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    solat14 wrote:
    So much for the letdown.....Brother. :D

seriously!
    :mrgreen:
    had a GREAT time!
    also my first show of this tour.
    very varied setlist, i think it took the crowd a while to warm up to it, make sense of it...idk. i thoroughly enjoyed the show but will say, somehow, that the "flow" of the setlist was perhaps not at the usual level of pearl jam and that the crowd didn't get into it as much as they might've had the flow been stronger. just my opinion. the band was soooooo good, really on, think they all had a great time playing. and now all i can say is BRING ON MSG!!! 8-)

also, big, big, big thanks to a wonderful, long-time pj friend....was great to share a show with you, sorry you had *that guy*...aka drunk guy next to you all night......and you're 4th row center seats were pretty damn sweet. appreciate you sharing the love! :mrgreen:

yes, m. i completely agree. jen and i were discussing the uneven feeling of last night's set. that said i thoroughly enjoyed it and the sound was absolutely fantastic in that place. got of the girl for the first time...brother for the first time. we got alone and leatherman. i dont care about the people around me--i always rock out and have fun with whomever i'm sitting. :mrgreen:

yea, so were shoe and i....it just kinda felt a bit, off? idk really how to explain it. not a criticism really, b/c let's face it, picking flyshit outta pepper here when discussing a pj show since they just so always deliver. i guess i simply find most of the shows i've attended had such a natural flow to the sets, always just felt so *right*...and this was just ever so off-kilter there. small issue really, but i felt it. many times the sum of the parts, the cohesiveness...makes mediocre things better. in this case, the sum of amazing, great parts.....missing some of the cohesiveness, and thus didn't quite feel like a whole.

eh fuck it...i am beyond tired....the band as ever kicked my ass :mrgreen: so i am not making sense...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• eh fuck it...i am beyond tired....the band as ever kicked my ass :mrgreen: so i am not making sense...

:lol:

yes...lets not over think it. it was a pearl jam show with great sound and stellar performances. could the set list have been put together a bit more smoothly?...yes, but who really gives a fuck!? MSG IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • PaigePaige Posts: 365
    Here are my second-row pix...lemme know if you can't view them (I have most of my FB stuff set to just friends):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=175787&id=722731052&l=01225cff12

Great photos, Laura! Thanks for sharing!! :D
  • elle74elle74 NJ Posts: 58
    Whole song! And I can't believe most of the NEW JERSEYANS were not singing along and excited to hear it like I was!!! :roll:[/quote]

you have to be fucking kidding me with this. I'm a New Jerseyan and I couldn't sing along because I don't know the fucking words.........and, trust me, I've heard that song a million times....makes me think of my parents.[/quote]

Well then you don't know much about Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder who are/is influenced by Bruce and his music, whom is a fellow New Jerseyan. Eddie's first show in Chicago was Bruce. Eddie does a lot of Bruce covers as well. I'm 25 and know it. There's no reason not to if you are a) a Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder fan and b) FROM New Jersey c) a JERSEY girl!!!!
    Shows: * Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24, 2000 * Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003 * PNC Bank Arts Center - Jul 14, 2003 * Continental Arena - Jun 01, 2006 * Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008 * Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008 * Philadelphia Spectrum - Oct 27, 2009 * Philadelphia Spectrum - Oct 28, 2009 * Philadelphia Spectrum - Oct 30, 2009 * Philadelphia Spectrum - Oct 31, 2009 * The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010 * Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010 * Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010 * Philadelphia, PA Made in America Sept 2, 2012 * Barclays Center - Oct 19, 2013 * Barclays Center - Oct 20, 2013
    EV Solo Shows: * NJPAC Newark, New Jersey - 08/07/2008 * Tower Theater Upper Darby, Pennsylvania - 06/12/2009 * Lyric Opera House, Baltimore, Maryland - 06/14/2009 * Beacon Theatre, New York, New York - 6/21/2011 * Beacon Theatre, New York, New York - 6/22/2011 * Tower Theater Upper Darby, Pennsylvania - 6/25/2011 *
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Last night was show #16 for myself and #18 for my husband. We sat in Section 17, row 15, and had a really great time! Especially considering we almost didn't get to check out any shows this time around!! We had done the Philly 4 (which wiped us out financially) and so we couldn't justify spending a shit ton of money on MSG x2 with the ticket and hotel costs, and missing work. But then this little gem popped up, and with the train in and out being an easy option, we figured "Why not?!"

Getting to visit with our Pearl Jam "family" before, during, and after is always a treat! Funny enough, a good majority of the people we've met over the years, and not through seating but through this board, ended up sitting within a few rows of us! LOVE IT!

It was either my first or second time having that view of Mike's side of the stage, and I truly enjoyed it! I did get a few good shots, though they're "noisy" due to camera settings necessary from that distance. You can check those out here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Shaaaaron13 ... nNewarkNJ#

The show, we thought, was pretty sold as far as the band's performance and setlist are concerned. We agree that sound was an issue, and it definitely had to do with the speaker distribution throughout the arena. That aside, I'm so glad we went and think I am sufficiently satisfied until the next time the band rolls through the region. Hopefully in 2011, because I have gotten so spoiled getting to see them nearly every year since 2003!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • PaigePaige Posts: 365
    Paige wrote:
    I blogged on the show: http://maximumtuneage.blogspot.com/2010 ... g-was.html

Hope everyone enjoys theirs! It definitely is a gift.

Your blog was a gift, too...and the vids! I couldn't shoot from my too-close-to-security spot, and I usually do, so THANK YOU!

Thanks Laura! Right back at you! Spectacular photos!!
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Sometimes it is just right- things just line up (or pile up) and the right “fix” comes at the most perfect of times…this was Newark for me. We could debate for hours (hopefully over beers) of which setlist was the better and which crowd vacuumed all the energy from the room but time is in short order these days…and for me the concert was spot on. I am amazed at the band’s energy – Ed was in such good sorts and that’s contagious. I danced more than I did in KC and STL and had pure fun in my own little world-Brain of J sounds wicked good. Alone, Footsteps, Brother, Lukin… the setlist was varied and spontaneous (complete with what appeared to Peyton Manning audibles throughout the eve- quick huddle, break, guitar switch, bam! Magic) Stone singing (no mic)on Leatherman- perfect fucking evening. Nights have been long at work, stress has been piling and I’ve resembled that man from “off he goes” more often lately than is desirable (or healthy) …NJ let me release a lot of the pent up, fucked up, confusing madness. Unless I get some sort of surprise, tour is over for me. Back to my work, garden, sunshine and one of these days some waves…Cheers and have a kick ass time at the Garden, it is sure to be the culmination of one hell of a spring ride and I feel so fortunate to have been along.xo
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • njaussienjaussie Posts: 12
    Soybeans wrote:
    njaussie wrote:
    I would also like to thank the 2 skanks in front of us for bitching and moaning about some jacket for the whole show. Take your mullet wigs and stick em where the sun don't shine and don't ever come to a PJ gig again.

I saw these two. We were trying to figure out if they were kidding with the wigs, or if they were seriously retarded. Sorry you had them annoying you all night.

Unfortunately they were seriously retarded. They annoyed the guys next to them more with all their bitchin. I don't know why they were even there.

Anyway on to msg1&2 where I hope we'll have some true fans around us like Hartford. If the 2 gigs at MSG in 08 are a guide we're gonna be given something awesome.
  • njaussienjaussie Posts: 12
    Here are my second-row pix...lemme know if you can't view them (I have most of my FB stuff set to just friends):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=175787&id=722731052&l=01225cff12

Awesome pics! Congrats on the lottery win
  • Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    elle74 wrote:
    marcos wrote:
    easily best setlist yet!

damn right. Jersey girl? the whole song or just a snippet? gotta hear this............

Whole song! And I can't believe most of the NEW JERSEYANS were not singing along and excited to hear it like I was!!! :roll:

Me and my buddy were probably the only ones on the floor doing the back and forth wave throughout the entire song. I didn't get that either, but the second row tried to represent! I'm an effing Jersey Girl!!!
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • AN126064AN126064 Earth Posts: 64
    Was in Section 19 and I thought it was a great, maybe the best I've seen, set list, but there were some fans around me who didn't know some of the songs that I was so grateful to finally get to hear in person; that may have impacted the vibe, the genl crowd was def into the standbys (Also no Vid screens for the back half of the floor to see the band may have impacted). The band was awesome last night so they got enough from the crowd to give us a great performance.

Best version of Immortality I've seen; great version of Daughter into Blitzkrieg, You Are, Brain of J, Brother and I can go on, can't wait for tomorrow.
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
  • TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    Show #25 for me - Sec 17, row 3

Loved the set - highlights for me were:
    Of The Girl (haven't seen it since '03 - one of my favorite openers though)
    Brain of J (underrated live song)
    Alone (a strong rarity - wished more of the crowd knew it though)
    Immortality (beautifully done)
    In Hiding (another underrated live song)
    Brother (first time hearing it played!)
    Unthought Known (favorite tune on new album by far, and live version gets better every time I hear it - keep it coming!)
    Lukin/Once (fantastic combo to close the set)
    Footsteps (total surprise - was really fortunate to hear that)
    Inside Job (my favorite "Boom" showcasing song)
    Got Some/Go (again, fantastic high energy combo to close the set)
    You Are (totally underrated song, wish they'd play it every night - sounded and even looked AWESOME)
    Whipping (glad this one seems to be played with greater frequency, it never misses)
    Alive/Indifference (great ending even w/o AATWT after it - just sort of wish it wasn't the same 3 songs to close I'd just seen in Hartford but loved it nonetheless)

I just realized that half the set was highlights for me, so, guess that means it was a great show! My section seemed to be rocking pretty hard and I didn't pay any attention to the back or upper levels but apparently they were filled with duds. Oh well - loved the show regardless and PJ sounded great. Lots still to look forward to on Thurs & Fri, that's for sure!!! I've been spoiled w/ solid 10C seats for both this show and Hartford and will be roughing it on Thurs in Sec 132 (could be worse, I know - at least I'm in the door)

Lost my ticket at the venue - hate it when that happens.

Final note - I capped off the show with an $80 cab ride to Gramercy Theater and caught the last half hour of the STP show there. Definitely a Tuesday night to remember!
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • arriepjfarriepjf Posts: 30
    What a night. First I want to thank the band for adding this show. At one point during the night Eddie mentioned that this show may not have even happened. I took my nine year old son because he earned the right to go by being a true fan of the music. He walks around the house listening to Pearl Jam on his Ipod, singing his favorite songs and annoying his two older brothers. He also is performing the beginning of “Given to Fly” for his upcoming guitar recital. (His mom’s favorite song)

Next I need to thank the 10c; you guys really can through for us. We arrived about 7:00 pm to pick up out tickets and the women behind the glass gets out are tickets and then asks my son if this is his first concert. He excitedly smiles and says yes. She says to us “hold on a minute” and walks away. About two minutes later a guy comes over and asks my son the same question, he gives the same reply. The guy says “ well this is going to ruin your concert experience for the rest of your life and make your dad very happy” He hands us two tickets , section A row 2. Thank you, Thank you Thank you. I can’t say it enough.
    Someone mention earlier how extremely pleasant the staff at the Prudential Center were . I couldn’t agree more. Everyone was so nice and genially happy to be there.

We get to our seats; we are stage left on Stone Gossard’s side. My son Dylan was too small to see over the 1st row as they stood along the barrier. I was able to have him stand on a front row seat right in front of me, which put him about the same height as me and his view was great.

Pearl Jam hits the stage and Eddie comes out in a Chicago Bear’s jersey and my son is wearing his Giant’s jersey so they connected right away. They open with “Of the Girl” which is one of my favorite openers and then into “Brain of J”. Dylan knows every word and what a way to start the show, we are rockin. Hearing the Backspacer songs is a highlight for me and is the first Pearl Jam album my son really got into ( Besides Eddie Vedder solo “Into The Wild” ) These songs sound so fresh and are great live. I completed the album by getting “Supersonic”. Now I am hoping for “Parachutes” at my next show to close out that record, which will be at MSG on Friday.

Sometime during this set Mike comes near the center of the stage and throws out a bunch of picks. Other thanks to the guy who brought one over and handed it to Dylan. Someone nearby commented that it was better than catching a foul ball. We agree!!

After the first set I noticed an opening along the barrier in the 1st row, dead center in front of Eddie. I told my son to see if he could get in there and get a better view. The kind people made room for him and I could still keep a good eye on him. During “Life’s Wasted” Eddie makes one to one contact as Dylan sings along word for word. Just Awesome!! At the end of the song Eddie reaches out with his wine bottle like he was going to give some to Dylan, a very funny moment!!

The next song is “Alive” , another song Dylan knows very well.( He was hoping for “ Black “ which is the song he loves most, but like all of us here I told him he would have to attend many shows before he can get to see all his favorites.) Sometime during the song Eddie comes out with a tambourine and walks rightt over to Dylan and hands it to him. WOW. What a night. Thank you so much Pearl Jam for giving us an experience of a lifetime. This is something we will never forget! We love you all !!!!

PS -There was post about an exhausted 14 year old and you wondering about the kid in the first row and where he got his energy. I don’t have a answer but I can tell you he was still going on our long train ride back to Mastic Beach LI. He was picking out tunes for our car ride from the train station home and we were watching you tube videos when we got home. Although he did sleep till noon and missed school , but we had already planned on that .
    96 NY II ,CT, / 98 NJ, MSG I & II , DC, MD
    00 NY I, II, III , NJ I & II / 03 LI , NJ I , MSG I & II , NJ
    04 MA I, FL , PA / 05-NJ I & II
    06 NJ I & II, NY , CT / 08 NJ , MSG I & II, CT
    09- PA III & IV / 10 CT, NJ, MSG II
    11 Montreal / 13 MA 1 & 2 , Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    arriepjf wrote:
    What a night. First I want to thank the band for adding this show. At one point during the night Eddie mentioned that this show may not have even happened. I took my nine year old son because he earned the right to go by being a true fan of the music. He walks around the house listening to Pearl Jam on his Ipod, singing his favorite songs and annoying his two older brothers. He also is performing the beginning of “Given to Fly” for his upcoming guitar recital. (His mom’s favorite song)

Next I need to thank the 10c; you guys really can through for us. We arrived about 7:00 pm to pick up out tickets and the women behind the glass gets out are tickets and then asks my son if this is his first concert. He excitedly smiles and says yes. She says to us “hold on a minute” and walks away. About two minutes later a guy comes over and asks my son the same question, he gives the same reply. The guy says “ well this is going to ruin your concert experience for the rest of your life and make your dad very happy” He hands us two tickets , section A row 2. Thank you, Thank you Thank you. I can’t say it enough.
    Someone mention earlier how extremely pleasant the staff at the Prudential Center were . I couldn’t agree more. Everyone was so nice and genially happy to be there.

We get to our seats; we are stage left on Stone Gossard’s side. My son Dylan was too small to see over the 1st row as they stood along the barrier. I was able to have him stand on a front row seat right in front of me, which put him about the same height as me and his view was great.

Pearl Jam hits the stage and Eddie comes out in a Chicago Bear’s jersey and my son is wearing his Giant’s jersey so they connected right away. They open with “Of the Girl” which is one of my favorite openers and then into “Brain of J”. Dylan knows every word and what a way to start the show, we are rockin. Hearing the Backspacer songs is a highlight for me and is the first Pearl Jam album my son really got into ( Besides Eddie Vedder solo “Into The Wild” ) These songs sound so fresh and are great live. I completed the album by getting “Supersonic”. Now I am hoping for “Parachutes” at my next show to close out that record, which will be at MSG on Friday.

Sometime during this set Mike comes near the center of the stage and throws out a bunch of picks. Other thanks to the guy who brought one over and handed it to Dylan. Someone nearby commented that it was better than catching a foul ball. We agree!!

After the first set I noticed an opening along the barrier in the 1st row, dead center in front of Eddie. I told my son to see if he could get in there and get a better view. The kind people made room for him and I could still keep a good eye on him. During “Life’s Wasted” Eddie makes one to one contact as Dylan sings along word for word. Just Awesome!! At the end of the song Eddie reaches out with his wine bottle like he was going to give some to Dylan, a very funny moment!!

The next song is “Alive” , another song Dylan knows very well.( He was hoping for “ Black “ which is the song he loves most, but like all of us here I told him he would have to attend many shows before he can get to see all his favorites.) Sometime during the song Eddie comes out with a tambourine and walks rightt over to Dylan and hands it to him. WOW. What a night. Thank you so much Pearl Jam for giving us an experience of a lifetime. This is something we will never forget! We love you all !!!!

PS -There was post about an exhausted 14 year old and you wondering about the kid in the first row and where he got his energy. I don’t have a answer but I can tell you he was still going on our long train ride back to Mastic Beach LI. He was picking out tunes for our car ride from the train station home and we were watching you tube videos when we got home. Although he did sleep till noon and missed school , but we had already planned on that .

Great post. Glad your son enjoyed the show, sounds like one he will never forget.
  • phillypjheadphillypjhead Posts: 123
    I must say, it was a nice building. In the middle of...I don't want to use too strong of a term here, but to say that Newark is a dump is a HUGE understatement. I will never see a show in that city again. Newark makes Camden look like Beverly Hills.

As far as the show, I would rank it in the top half of my 18 shows. TC seats 20th row Mike's side of the floor. Enjoyed sitting next to fellow Philadelphians (Mike ? and his rockin Mom who had been to like 10 more shows than he had and about 20 more than me...). Had never heard Indifference, Brother, Jersey Girl or Watchtower before. Hadn't heard Of The Girl or Leatherman in a while so lots of great surprises for me. Someone before mentioned the sound during Life Wasted, I think that was the sound of Ed flubbing the first verse and then missing the start to the chorus...

Did anyone else notice the tamborine that Ben from Band of Horses threw into the crowd at the end of Watchtower? A guy about 4 rows ahead of me on the floor caught it. Some Sopranos-wannabe dude in the first row over the boards pulled out a wad of cash and started screaming that he would pay $400 for the tambourine!!! The guy who caught it didn't seem interested in selling.
  • marcos wrote:
    easily best setlist yet!

damn right. Jersey girl? the whole song or just a snippet? gotta hear this............

They didnt play the entire song, just the first two verses.
    left out the verse about "go in the bathroom and put ur makeup on...we'll take the little brats and drop em off at your mom's"

Dont worry if you're from NJ and don't know all the words bc Eddie didnt know all the words either as he had them in front of him on the floor and he's the "biggest bruce fan there is"

great version tho.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I must say, it was a nice building. In the middle of...I don't want to use too strong of a term here, but to say that Newark is a dump is a HUGE understatement. I will never see a show in that city again. Newark makes Camden look like Beverly Hills.

As far as the show, I would rank it in the top half of my 18 shows. TC seats 20th row Mike's side of the floor. Enjoyed sitting next to fellow Philadelphians (Mike ? and his rockin Mom who had been to like 10 more shows than he had and about 20 more than me...). Had never heard Indifference, Brother, Jersey Girl or Watchtower before. Hadn't heard Of The Girl or Leatherman in a while so lots of great surprises for me. Someone before mentioned the sound during Life Wasted, I think that was the sound of Ed flubbing the first verse and then missing the start to the chorus...

Did anyone else notice the tamborine that Ben from Band of Horses threw into the crowd at the end of Watchtower? A guy about 4 rows ahead of me on the floor caught it. Some Sopranos-wannabe dude in the first row over the boards pulled out a wad of cash and started screaming that he would pay $400 for the tambourine!!! The guy who caught it didn't seem interested in selling.

that was me with the money

sopranos wanna be? lmao

and im glad he didn't buy it considering who threw it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    That was you Neily? You look like Bobby Bacala! Wish I knew how to include a pic on here...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    That was you Neily? You look like Bobby Bacala! Wish I knew how to include a pic on here...

yea offered 2 tickets for tommorrow night also ( like i said thank god he didn't sell because it wasn't from vedder )

although i'am italian..i'm the furthest thing from a sopranos wanna-be

but its all good
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I'm Italian as well, hope you were'nt offended :oops: enjoy MSG.