The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Since we are posting Damon pictures from New York.

johnny-damon-hitting-grand-slam-game-7--alcs-%C2%A9photofile.jpg

should I post an Arron Boone pic?
    It's already been done.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    tcaporale wrote:

should I post an Arron Boone pic?
    It's already been done.

I'm really excited About this year. I just hope the fellas from warmer climates can play good in April/May too
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

I'm really excited About this year. I just hope the fellas from warmer climates can play good in April/May too

Who you talking about? Vasquez? he was great the first half of the year he was with the Yankees. Johnson did well in DC and Granderson played in Detroit. It will be all good, can't wait for the season. something like 40 days until pitchers and catchers.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Say It Ain't So Yes Jeter Is getting Married November 5th on Long Island.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745 wrote:

If you want to go back in time....

dailyfix0826_art_400_20080826104706.jpg
    8-) It's all good. 2004 made up for 2003. Really, I just didn't like the Pedro bashing.

The Yankees will still be the favorite next year, but I'm looking forward to the season. As much as it's possible I think Boston are going to sneak up on people.

And again, thanks for signing home run javy again. ;)
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Still riding high amongst the waves
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    One of the best moments in my sports fan life. Watching the final fox montage when Yanks won the WS with Amongst the Waves providing the soundtrack. I wish there was a way to get video of that.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Nice to see the Yankees make a nice donation to the Haiti relief effort.
    Thoughts on a Rocco Baldelli/Gardner platoon in left?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    igotid88 wrote:
    One of the best moments in my sports fan life. Watching the final fox montage when Yanks won the WS with Amongst the Waves providing the soundtrack. I wish there was a way to get video of that.

me too. I fing missed it because I was on a plane. Would love to check it out.
    Couple things:

Eric Byrnes DFA'ed by D'backs. Another option to see what he can do in ST considering Arizona is paying his $11 mil salary. What's it going to be? Gardner, Baldelli, Reed Johnson, Byrnes or Damon? I would love Damon, and not mind a platoon of Gardner/Johnson or possibly Baldelli. Yanks don't need much production from the 9 spot with the lineup they already have.

Tigers denying interest in Damon. Damn, that 2 years, $14 mil offer the Yanks had out there must be looking pretty damn good right now. I don't see him getting half that at this point.

Yankees offered Montero straight up for Halladay. Wow, that would have been quite the deal, although with the staff the Yanks already have, not sure how much I would have liked it. I can't fucking wait to see Montero hit.

Edit: Looks like the Braves are looking less likely for Damon as well. Read that it would take a miracle for him to sign with Atlanta (he would have to come down to $1-2 mil). That leaves.....no one. Boras has done some good things this offseason for his clients but looks like he fucked this on up.
    Looks like Hairston is going to sign with the Padres, good for him, he gets to play with his brother. Would have loved to have him back though. He did a great job last year for a few months and scored the winning run in game 2 of the ALCS, the best baseball game I have ever attended.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Cardinals looking into Wang's medical records.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/01/19/c ... l-records/
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Cardinals looking into Wang's medical records.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/01/19/c ... l-records/

Hope they have a long time...haha

Seriously though, hope he gets a shot somewhere, would have loved to have him back to a minor league contract and try and work things out in AAA but not going to happen. Best of luck to him.
    Hairston claims the Yankees are waiting for Damon's price to fall. I really hope this gets worked out and he is not too bitter. Just think:

Jeter
    Damon
    Tex
    Arod
    Granderson
    Posada
    Cano
    Swisher
    Johnson
    Interesting stuff, Heyman says the Yanks and Damon have been in touch but they are a ways off and that he thinks he will end up with the Tigers or Braves, I dont see either, Braves have $2 mil left (Yanks will clearly pay $3 mil or more a year for him) and the Tigers already have 2 aging corner outfielders that need to DH. I think he is coming back and to be honest, I think he is the difference. Barring injuries, the Yankees have gotten MUCH better if they bring him back. Upgraded their rotation, added Granderson and Johnson while losing Matsui. Aside from the Mariners, no one hs upgraded like the Yanks (fuck Lackey) if they resign Damon.

SIGN DAMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up felllas?1?!!? This thread has fallen off since the Yanks won. Represent! Can't let these Phillies fans dominate this board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYkDwzi-FI

#28!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Interesting stuff, Heyman says the Yanks and Damon have been in touch but they are a ways off and that he thinks he will end up with the Tigers or Braves, I dont see either, Braves have $2 mil left (Yanks will clearly pay $3 mil or more a year for him) and the Tigers already have 2 aging corner outfielders that need to DH. I think he is coming back and to be honest, I think he is the difference. Barring injuries, the Yankees have gotten MUCH better if they bring him back. Upgraded their rotation, added Granderson and Johnson while losing Matsui. Aside from the Mariners, no one hs upgraded like the Yanks (fuck Lackey) if they resign Damon.

What's up felllas?1?!!? This thread has fallen off since the Yanks won. Represent! Can't let these Phillies fans dominate this board.

#28!!!!!!!!!!

.......DOMINATE ALL OVER YOUR FACE. :o
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hairston claims the Yankees are waiting for Damon's price to fall. I really hope this gets worked out and he is not too bitter. Just think:

Jeter
    Damon
    Tex
    Arod
    Granderson
    Posada
    Cano
    Swisher
    Johnson
    This lineup would be so amazing. I'm praying for Damon to come back. Even if he doesn't, they're still the World Series favorites, but still!

I don't think they'd put Granderson fifth in the lineup. I would be almost tempted to put him 9th just to get a bit of speed at the end there.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

#28!!!!!!!!!!

.......DOMINATE ALL OVER YOUR FACE. :o

haha, poor choice of words on my part.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Jeter
    Damon
    Tex
    Arod
    Granderson
    Posada
    Cano
    Swisher
    Johnson
    This lineup would be so amazing. I'm praying for Damon to come back. Even if he doesn't, they're still the World Series favorites, but still!

I don't think they'd put Granderson fifth in the lineup. I would be almost tempted to put him 9th just to get a bit of speed at the end there.

I put Granderson 5th because of his power but you are right he might not hit there.. I really like Johnson in the 9th spot because I would like his OBP in front of the best hitters. It is a good problem to have.
  • I may be in the minority here, but I hope Damon leaves. I want to see a full year of Gardner, see if he can hit 270ish, and steal 60 bases. With his speed and the top of the order coming up, he'll score 100 runs if he just hits 280. Damon, remember, is always banged up. H ehad to leave Game 6 of the WS and would not have been able to play in Game 7 if there were one. Plus, the defense of Granderson & Gardner would be top flight
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Can't forget that Damon was awesome last year for us

also can't forget it was a contract year, and prior to last year he was mediocre at best

I'm cool either way, I have a feelin that if he comes back at this point.... We will not get the same player
    Yeah, you guys definitely have some good points and I am definitely not completely opposed to Gardner in left, although there is no shot they don't sign at least one more option. I would be happy with a combo of Gardner and Reed Johnson. Damon just did have a hell of a year last year and added a lot to that lineup and I think brining him back would put it over the top. More to your point though, Nick Johnson is such a perfect fit batting 2nd as well. I just look at it like the offense might not be quite as good with Granderson and Johnson as opposed to Matusi and Damon last year.
  • no doubt, he was the early season MVP. So many big hits and home runs. So if they bring him back, I won't be pissed about it or anything. I just think it's better to get rid of someone a year early rather than a year late (Matsui) That, and this team really needs some everyday youth, and again, the defense. Swisher is average at best, but Gardner & Granderson would be amazing.
    no doubt, he was the early season MVP. So many big hits and home runs. So if they bring him back, I won't be pissed about it or anything. I just think it's better to get rid of someone a year early rather than a year late (Matsui) That, and this team really needs some everyday youth, and again, the defense. Swisher is average at best, but Gardner & Granderson would be amazing.

Definitely agree that a year early is much better than a year late.

Man, Boras is really fucking things up for Damon though.
    Montero 5th on another top 100 prospect list.

5. JESUS MONTERO (C), YANKEES

2009 Stats: .337 AVG | 17 HR | 70 RBI | .389 OBP | 0 SB
    Finished '09: Trenton (Double-A Eastern League)

The Skinny: Can he catch? Yes. Will he catch? It doesn't matter much. His bat is that potent. Much debate surrounds Montero's ability to stick behind the plate, but the bat is going to be special. He has a potential 40-homer bat with the offensive upside of Miguel Cabrera. We could see the Venezuelan slugger as early as midseason in 2010 if all goes well in Triple-A.

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/01/25/the- ... 2010-1-25/
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The Skinny: Can he catch? Yes. Will he catch? It doesn't matter much. His bat is that potent. Much debate surrounds Montero's ability to stick behind the plate, but the bat is going to be special. He has a potential 40-homer bat with the offensive upside of Miguel Cabrera. We could see the Venezuelan slugger as early as midseason in 2010 if all goes well in Triple-A.

we have been hearing about this kid forever
    hopefully he is worth the wait
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I cant wait to see him play. .337 in double a at 19 years old is pretty fucking impressive, I bet he will be worth it.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I cant wait to see him play. .337 in double a at 19 years old is pretty fucking impressive, I bet he will be worth it.

maybe we can see him play some games this year

hopefully by next year he is ready to take over
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

maybe we can see him play some games this year

hopefully by next year he is ready to take over

I bet he will get some big league AB's this year.