Options

Secret Santa 2009

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    coachchris wrote:
    Would it be weird to hand deliver my present to my Secret Santa? :lol:
    :lol:but u have to wear the custom
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Just caught the post office, with 2 min to spare. Present is on its way. I hope you like it. :)
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    PJPixie wrote:
    I'm in :D

I had Pixie last year! Or should I say Pixie had me!

Pixie gives good, ahem, pressies!!!

I"ll be wearing my Pixie pressie in philly!

Hey love!!! :D8-)

Hey there!! Sorry it took me so long to see your post!! How are you? How was your Turkey Day?
    Making good use of your pressie?
    lol!! Excited to do it all over again!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    PJPixie wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:
    I'm in :D

I had Pixie last year! Or should I say Pixie had me!

Pixie gives good, ahem, pressies!!!

I"ll be wearing my Pixie pressie in philly!

Hey love!!! :D8-)

Hey there!! Sorry it took me so long to see your post!! How are you? How was your Turkey Day?
    Making good use of your pressie?
    lol!! Excited to do it all over again!

hey love! well, as you remember, that bottle 'o' rum went fast last year with the egg nog, but the scarf went to Philly!!! didn't wear it in the spectrum, but it's been in my sacred garage all year!!! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    aw nuts, due to money issues my pressie will be sent a bit late (this week though!). :( I hope it makes its destination before Christmas, but I apologise in advance if it doesn't. :?
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    MY PRESENT ARRIVED TODAY!

THANK YOU CLAIREACK!!! I LOVELOVELOVE IT!!!!

i tried to wait until closer to christmas, but just couldnt resist...

the best part of participating in this every year is getting cool stuff from far away places...this year was no different...

my little package from Cumbria, UK included:
    postcards from Penrith and the Ullswater area
    magnets from Ullswater (which will be up on the refrigerator as soon as i get home- cards too)
    a book of Cumbrian dialect translation (with a cute sheep on the cover)
    an ADORABLE little sheep statue
    and....pencil/pen holders carved out of Cumbrian wood in the shape of a "P" and a "J".

i posted picture:
    http://twitpic.com/rmwdj

thank you again!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
  • Options
    mensane wrote:

the best part of participating in this every year is getting cool stuff from far away places...this year was no different...

magnets from Ullswater (which will be up on the refrigerator as soon as i get home- cards too)
    and....pencil/pen holders carved out of Cumbrian wood in the shape of a "P" and a "J".

i posted picture:

thats so beautiful1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the pen holder is a must..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hahaha...i just noticed that i had the J backwards!
  • Options
    mensane wrote:

i posted picture:

AWESOME! :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    :D:D:D:D

Phew, so glad you liked it mensane, I did worry a bit. It got there really quickly, I only sent it last Monday.

Have a really wonderful Christmas. :D
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Finally mailed mine off yesterday. We had been out of town so couldn't do it before. :( Tried to on Friday but ran into a bit of trouble. Sure hope the recipient gets it in time and likes what I sent! Anyway, it is on it's way. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    Sorry in advance to my Secret Santa recipient. Due to unforeseen circumstances,the package won't be mailed until tomorrow. :oops: :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I am also a bit late with this but it will most certainly be posted by Saturday, really hope it gets there in time.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    +1 in the 'late mailing' department...no excuses...it will get done at lunchtime today!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    ...umm...add me to the list as well. my gift includes a project that could not be completed until this week. hope to get it in the mail today or tomorrow.

sorry :oops:
  • Options
    OK package has been sent...it cost more to mail it than it did to buy it! :o

It's all good...it's Christmas!!! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Pkg sent on Monday...Hope my person likes it!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    The SS pressie is on it's way :P
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Thank you Vdubois!!!

When I got home from work yesterday there was a little card inside the door from the post office. So this morning as I walked to work I thought I would pop in and collect it, I thought my hubby had been ordering some stuff from ebay again.

I was so excited when I got there and it was for me! I quickly rushed to work so that I could open it. It was from my Secret Santa!! It is so lovely, I opened the box and inside was a lovely little red suitcase, wow I thought, what a lovely suitcase, what a nice pressie! After a few moments I opened it and more pressies were inside!!!!! There was a fabulous neckwarmer, which I know I will get loads and loads of wear out of, a tin of absolutely gorgeous peanut brittle, unfortunately I couldn't resist eating a piece straight away, but the lids on again now until christmas (I may have to dip into it now and again for medicinal purposes), a beautiful christmas deco which will take pride of place on my tree and a PJ sticker.

I can't tell you enough what a wonderful pressie it is, thank you so much Vdubois. X

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    OK package has been sent...it cost more to mail it than it did to buy it! :o

It's all good...it's Christmas!!! :D

that's almost always how it goes. :? but it's worth it, I reckon.

pressie sent today! :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    this thread has the best spirit in the forum..love it!!!!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I just want to say a thank you to my Secret Santa as the parcel has arrived safe and sound :mrgreen:

I'm one of the awkward ones who will wait until x-mas to open it though :oops: ... hope you don't mind! I will come back and let everyone know what I received ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    Thank you Vdubois!!!

When I got home from work yesterday there was a little card inside the door from the post office. So this morning as I walked to work I thought I would pop in and collect it, I thought my hubby had been ordering some stuff from ebay again.

I was so excited when I got there and it was for me! I quickly rushed to work so that I could open it. It was from my Secret Santa!! It is so lovely, I opened the box and inside was a lovely little red suitcase, wow I thought, what a lovely suitcase, what a nice pressie! After a few moments I opened it and more pressies were inside!!!!! There was a fabulous neckwarmer, which I know I will get loads and loads of wear out of, a tin of absolutely gorgeous peanut brittle, unfortunately I couldn't resist eating a piece straight away, but the lids on again now until christmas (I may have to dip into it now and again for medicinal purposes), a beautiful christmas deco which will take pride of place on my tree and a PJ sticker.

I can't tell you enough what a wonderful pressie it is, thank you so much Vdubois. X

You are very welcomed! And I'm glad you like it. It was fun making the neckwarmer- my first project in a long long time. I did go back and forward with the colors, and remade this like 5 times :lol: . I put an extra pin inside, just in case you wanted something different. Enjoy!

This was fun and I look forward to next year!
  • Options
    Posted it yesterday and my god did it cost alot! :o
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    Would it be weird to hand deliver my present to my Secret Santa? :lol:
    Uh... yes, yes it would :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    vduboise wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Thank you Vdubois!!!

You are very welcomed! And I'm glad you like it. It was fun making the neckwarmer- my first project in a long long time. I did go back and forward with the colors, and remade this like 5 times :lol: . I put an extra pin inside, just in case you wanted something different. Enjoy!

:oops: You made it??? Awwww, we need to see a pic of this. You and Claireack have also done fantastic jobs.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Was it you PJPixie? :mrgreen:

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! My handmade PJ scarf is AMAZING and so warm and snuggly. The sweeties are yummy and there's going to be a fight over the backspacer keyring when my daughter gets home! :D
    Marks called dibs on one of the other keyrings and I suppose I'll get what's left over :roll: But they are all awesome!

Thankyou PJ Secret Santa!

P.S. I posted mine last week Hels. Should be well on it's way across the globe by now.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Right off to the post office (last day for posting!!)...am apologising now for the lack of wrapping but am hoping that the contents will make up for it :D

So whoever gets an unwrapped package from Ireland...make sure you look for everything in the package as there is a "little treat" at the very bottom....Mike would know ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    vduboise wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Thank you Vdubois!!!

:oops: You made it??? Awwww, we need to see a pic of this. You and Claireack have also done fantastic jobs.
    I was in such a rush to get to the post before it closed, that I did not take any pictures. :oops: I literally finished it in the post office :lol:
    And Claireack, if you want the recipe for the brittle, I can pm ya. Its really easy.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Pressie received from Endiku...

OK so what I'll attempt to say here will in no way do justice to the present I just received from my Secret Santa. THANK YOU very much to Endiku, whom as she said earlier in this thread doesn't know me well on here but she obviously did some studying. I quickly ripped through about 10-15 presents this morning right before I went to work, and each one was better than the previous. All pressies were individually wrapped and noted with PJ phrases/words which acted as clues to my frame of mind for the present. Amazing.

In no particular order, I got:
    LA3 Boot
    A bottle of Lapis Luna Cab Sauv!!!!! (I'm cracking this sucker on Xmas Day and I may not share it!)
    A Kids watch (a fight will undoubtedly erupt over this one!!!) :)
    Car Toys (again with the chaos...awesome!!!)
    A 2007 Deep
    Zombie Mints!
    A novel
    A blanket
    A stress ball toy
    Wired Magazine
    ..and finally...
    3 xmas ornaments, one of which is a homemade star with a collage of philly pictures...amazing!!!

This was quite an overwhelming present and it again shows the true heart and spirit of PJ fans of which I'm proud to be a part of since 1992. I'm really at a loss for words (which almost never happens)...thank you so much for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endiku - Wishing you and your family Love, Health, and Happiness,

steve d
    Post edited by Steve Dunne on
    I love to turn you on