Options

Secret Santa 2009

Comments

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    audiodave wrote:

Well I haven't had mine yet, but I had a slip through the door today saying I missed a parcel...so it could be :P

But as you're all the way over a big ocean I doubt it would get here that fast. The parcel is either my SS present, or my 10c order from the sale....and it is NOT gonna be my 10c order :lol: Maybe in May? Before the tour? :)
    :wave:

We'll see tomorrow when I go pick it up :D
    Will you open it before Xmas?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    audiodave wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    audiodave wrote:
    Well I haven't had mine yet, but I had a slip through the door today saying I missed a parcel...so it could be :P

But as you're all the way over a big ocean I doubt it would get here that fast. The parcel is either my SS present, or my 10c order from the sale....and it is NOT gonna be my 10c order :lol:Maybe in May? Before the tour? :)

whoa! hold your horses mr Optimism! :P :lol:

About SS or my 10c order? :P

well whaddya think? :P 10C of course. don't get me wrong, I love the Club. but damn they do take their dear time with orders. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    audiodave wrote:
    :D ..NO..but i know who is behind ...he he... 8-) :roll:

I think you've been smashing too many plates my friend ;)
    my mouth is :silent: ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    :wave:

We'll see tomorrow when I go pick it up :D
    Will you open it before Xmas?

I asked him that last night. He said he will... as I got to open mine in November :lol:

I wonder if mine's reached it's destination yet? :?: :?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    as I got to open mine in November :lol:
    :?
    :shock: who sent it so early?? :roll: :roll:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Not got mine yet :(

Not a problem though as I am never allowed to open it untill Christmas day, Jam is so mean :twisted:

I am sure it will arrive at some point 8-)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    Not got mine yet :(

Not a problem though as I am never allowed to open it untill Christmas day, Jam is so mean :twisted:

I am sure it will arrive at some point 8-)

I haven't gotten mine yet either. if it doesn't arrive today or tomorrow, I'll get it after Christmas. but I'm not worried, it's all good. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Hello to my S.S. from Coventry! :) I just wanted to let you know that I have received my package. I am going to exercise self restraint and wait to open it on Christmas Day. Thank you kindly! I'll come back with content details and proper thanks some time after the holidays. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    I wonder if mine's been received and they're waiting until Christmas day too?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Ridin the Wave........you are a legend...what a gift...my eldest decided to help me open it and we were both delighted with the outcome :D

Gift included:
    1 Local Ale which I enjoyed last night
    1 Local Ale Glass to drink it from...very cool
    1 Canadian Cookie (also devoured last night)
    assorted canadian lollies and sweets
    Local maple syrup (which I'm not normally mad on but this is beautiful)
    a Stickman keyring (eldest daughter kept saying "Daddy its just like your tattoo"!!!)
    and the piece de resistance "PEARL JAM" done in magnets that each letter was spelt out in Backspacer lettering...I fecking love them...I will be ordering more :lol:

RDW thank you soooooo much for such a thoughtful (individually wrapped) gift, I bloody loved it, thank you 8-)

th_xmasphoto.jpg
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    A package marked Cree Nations is sitting under my tree. Im going to try to wait till Christmas to open it.
    Thank you.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    couldnt wait so i opened it
    Thanks Santa!!!!
    :D:lol::D:lol::D
    How did you know my affinity for the booze?
    5 liquor minis (mmmmm)
    A touring fans beer cozy
    a couple pearl jam stickers (which is soooo ironic and funny because these are the two exact stickers I gave to my secret santa as part of another secret santa ...and I didnt really want to give them up ...and the came back to me :))
    two burned ev discs (show included)
    some after 8 mints
    You rock SS.
    Thanks a lot.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,922
    Hopefully mine will be there when I get back home. I'll defo let my SS know :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    couldnt wait so i opened it
    Thanks Santa!!!!
    :D:lol::D:lol::D
    How did you know my affinity for the booze?
    5 liquor minis (mmmmm)
    A touring fans beer cozy
    a couple pearl jam stickers (which is soooo ironic and funny because these are the two exact stickers I gave to my secret santa as part of another secret santa ...and I didnt really want to give them up ...and the came back to me :))
    two burned ev discs (show included)
    some after 8 mints
    You rock SS.
    Thanks a lot.

Hahaha, you're too funny! You lasted all of an hour with that under your tree :lol:
    Glad you liked it! Merry Christmas :D
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    Is it too late to join this ? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Is it too late to join this ? :mrgreen:
    no.ill send u my address :lol:
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Sian, as I wrote in a PM, that gift was amazing! The drawing alone was beautiful! Thank you!

My good energy wall - 5 needlepoints I completed, Thank you letters from my niece and nephew after I took them to PJ concerts, a cool piece of art called BellaBella I bought someowhere, a candy dish full of balls of yarn, and the newest edition - a drawing of Eddie Vedder by Sian-of-the-dead.
    18438_1226430952725_1587572007_549505_1870776_s.jpg
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ridin the Wave........you are a legend...what a gift...my eldest decided to help me open it and we were both delighted with the outcome :D

Gift included:
    1 Local Ale which I enjoyed last night
    1 Local Ale Glass to drink it from...very cool
    1 Canadian Cookie (also devoured last night)
    assorted canadian lollies and sweets
    Local maple syrup (which I'm not normally mad on but this is beautiful)
    a Stickman keyring (eldest daughter kept saying "Daddy its just like your tattoo"!!!)
    and the piece de resistance "PEARL JAM" done in magnets that each letter was spelt out in Backspacer lettering...I fecking love them...I will be ordering more :lol:

RDW thank you soooooo much for such a thoughtful (individually wrapped) gift, I bloody loved it, thank you 8-)

th_xmasphoto.jpg

YAH! I'm so glad you got it and like it! :) I had fun putting it together. As I said in the card, those are a few of my favorite things, especially the Tankhouse Ale! :) And I'm glad you like the keychain and magnets! We make them in our basement and I have SO much fun doing it!

Merry Christmas!!!

Once again Helen, thanks for organizing this! For the 3rd year now, I've so much enjoyed the whole process!
  • Options
    Still nothing here for me, I think Santa might have forgotten about me.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Options
    he will come..maybe is carrying the best and the biggest :D
  • Options

same here... we'll see next week. :D
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Thank you Thank you SS! I got an awesome PJ hoodie sweatshirt! It's one I'm not familiar with so I'll have to do some research. It's like the Toronto 06 poster so I'm going to assume that's where it's from for now. Very cool! Thanks so much, hoodies are worn year round here. :) It didn't say who my SS was so I'll have to do a bit of research there as well. ;) Also, another thanks to Helen for doing this yet again. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Sian, as I wrote in a PM, that gift was amazing! The drawing alone was beautiful! Thank you!

My good energy wall - 5 needlepoints I completed, Thank you letters from my niece and nephew after I took them to PJ concerts, a cool piece of art called BellaBella I bought someowhere, a candy dish full of balls of yarn, and the newest edition - a drawing of Eddie Vedder by Sian-of-the-dead.
    18438_1226430952725_1587572007_549505_1870776_s.jpg

Glad you liked it! :)

BD - Dave's parcel arrived today. It's sat on the dining table waiting for him to come home to open it :)

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    So I guess I did have Black Diamond after all! :mrgreen:

Thanks man, the present is great!

I got a Bruce Springsteen live DVD from Barcelona, some CD's based around New Jersey and some awesome PJ license plates for me and Sian!

Thanks again BD :D:mrgreen:
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    So I guess I did have Black Diamond after all! :mrgreen:

Thanks man, the present is great!

I got a Bruce Springsteen live DVD from Barcelona, some CD's based around New Jersey and some awesome PJ license plates for me and Sian!

Thanks again BD :D:mrgreen:
    Yay!!! Sorry it didn't get there on time but the mail systems blew. :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,922
    Thank you so much Totaledhead. Your SS pressie arrived today, which was great cause I only got home yesterday! Yay!!!

My secret santa sent me
    - A notebook/journal
    - Notecards & envelopes
    - a large Guinness fridge magnet
    - a fantastic re-usable shopping bag
    - a dreamcatcher
    - and some postcards from lovely Galway, Ireland

IMG_0139.jpg

The shopping bag :P :lol:8-)
    IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

Thank you Totaledhead. I love it all. And thank you very much again Helen for doing such a wonderful job organising the Secret Santa event :P :P :P I can hardly wait to do it again. Is it next year yet?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Thank you Thank you SS! I got an awesome PJ hoodie sweatshirt! It's one I'm not familiar with so I'll have to do some research. It's like the Toronto 06 poster so I'm going to assume that's where it's from for now. Very cool! Thanks so much, hoodies are worn year round here. :) It didn't say who my SS was so I'll have to do a bit of research there as well. ;) Also, another thanks to Helen for doing this yet again. :)
    Glad you liked the hoodie, it's actually a european one from 2006 (sorry if it was full of dog hair, the stuff gets everywhere)
    I had a little note written out explaing the witch keyring, it's a Lancashire thing with the pendle witches thought it was cool.
    Merry Christmas

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thank you Sprunkn7 :mrgreen:

I received some bootlegs ... and the amazing Space Drummer sticker (I had wanted one of these since seeing photos of them posted on the board :D) ... a reuseable bag that folds up into the shape of a fish :lol:8-) (will be great for the weekly grocery shop) ... a scarf ... and chocolate ... and all of it came in a lovely felt christmas bag.

Thank you again so much for my gifts they were lovely :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Got home from the New Year's fun and games and there was a box left from the postman. Upon ripping into it very carefully I found some choice gifts from over the pond. I got a nice MiniFuckin'Cooper mug, I nice London calendar which is shot in black and white. I ask: Is there any other way to shoot pictures? A ton of candies, some chocolates and two discs of mixed music. It is always nice to get these as you hear a lot of non radio play or music that didn't get across the ocean that way. And is true "Secret Santa" tradition, they did not disclose their name. Very nice indeed.

By the way it had a post of Nov. 21 or 24 or something like that. Man that took a long time to get here. They must be checking the mail?!?! :shock: I did not panick though as we have not had too many problems with this exchange we do on the board. "The waiting drove me mad". ;)

Thank you "SS"!!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a great Christmas and will be enjoying a swell New Year!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    IS THERE ANYONE DIDNT GET HIS SANTA GIFT?"I HOPE NOT :D