Options

Secret Santa 2009

Comments

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    vduboise wrote:
    if you want the recipe for the brittle, I can pm ya. Its really easy

Yes I would love it, I've really become a bit addicted to it. Everynight when I collapse on the sofa, I eat some. I don't think they'll be any left for christmas :oops:
  • Options
    Mine was posted on Monday.... cost a feckin' bomb! :shock:

Mine own fault though... Shouldn't have put heavy things in I guess :roll: :lol:

Dave's got posted yesterday.

pologies that they were posted late, we've been so busy it's unreal. Last day for international postage before Christmas is tomorrow, so they should get there on time :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Was it you PJPixie? :mrgreen:

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! My handmade PJ scarf is AMAZING and so warm and snuggly. The sweeties are yummy and there's going to be a fight over the backspacer keyring when my daughter gets home! :D
    Marks called dibs on one of the other keyrings and I suppose I'll get what's left over :roll: But they are all awesome!

Thankyou PJ Secret Santa!

P.S. I posted mine last week Hels. Should be well on it's way across the globe by now.

YAY!! You got it! And yes..........it was me!! It was nice to give back to YOU this year after you spoiled me last year! I'm glad it made it safely across the pond!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Package received! I'm waiting a day or two to open. Thanks Fifth!! Was happy to see your name on return address!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Pressie received from Endiku...

OK so what I'll attempt to say here will in no way do justice to the present I just received from my Secret Santa. THANK YOU very much to Endiku, whom as she said earlier in this thread doesn't know me well on here but she obviously did some studying. I quickly ripped through about 10-15 presents this morning right before I went to work, and each one was better than the previous. All pressies were individually wrapped and noted with PJ phrases/words which acted as clues to my frame of mind for the present. Amazing.

In no particular order, I got:
    LA3 Boot
    A bottle of Lapis Luna Cab Sauv!!!!! (I'm cracking this sucker on Xmas Day and I may not share it!)
    A Kids watch (a fight will undoubtedly erupt over this one!!!) :)
    Car Toys (again with the chaos...awesome!!!)
    A 2007 Deep
    Zombie Mints!
    A novel
    A blanket
    A stress ball toy
    Wired Magazine
    ..and finally...
    3 xmas ornaments, one of which is a homemade star with a collage of philly pictures...amazing!!!

This was quite an overwhelming present and it again shows the true heart and spirit of PJ fans of which I'm proud to be a part of since 1992. I'm really at a loss for words (which almost never happens)...thank you so much for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endiku - Wishing you and your family Love, Health, and Happiness,

steve d

I'm so glad you liked it - I was afraid you'd think your Secret Santa was a crazy person. Did you figure out right away that all the presents were related to "Unthought Known?" I thought the idea might be too weird or obscure, but then getting "gems and rhinestones" (the Christmas ornaments) seemed so fun. However, I wish you'd been in the liquor store when I asked for wine with "moon" or "rival" in the name.

Hope you have a great Christmas and hope the kids don't fight too much over the watch.

And I agree. PJ fans are the best.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Package received! I'm waiting a day or two to open. Thanks Fifth!! Was happy to see your name on return address!

I'm relieved that you received it before Christmas. There was something else I wanted to send, but I ran out of time. I might try to send it later :? :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    cmon people... I wanna see PHOTOS :oops: :evil: :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    THANK U Urbanhippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just receive my beautiful secret santa gift,,,its a small party actually!!!!!!!!

i got :
    1.the coolest digital foto key ring!!!what a gadget!!
    2.as pecial bottle of bourbon with a great glass in it, so cheers!!
    3.original toffi chocs!!!(already eat the half box!!!)

dsc02666k.jpg

im really happy..thanks alot!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!!!

+ now i get how Helen did it..smart girl... 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    just receive my beautiful secret santa gift,,,its a small party actually!!!!!!!!

i got :

dsc02666k.jpg

:D did what?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D did what?
    cant tell now. :mrgreen: .after all receive ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Well I just got an awesome package in the mail and thought it might have been the item I ordered for my SS, but it was MY present.

Since it is Hanukkah and I suscribe to that belief, I decided to open it :D. I wonder if my person knew that :lol:

Anyway it was from Irish Al, who is thought of quite fondly by a good friend of mine...

It was AWESOME (and I don't use those words often)

Contents:

- A CD of Irish Tunes (which I will listen to whilst I wear my green and white scarf I got in Dublin 2 years ago), very exciting!!
    - 2 Boots of Shows I do not have (which is SHOCKING :shock: )
    Shepards Bush 2009 and Milan 2006
    - A PJ sticker (My first!)
    and..................
    - A Mickey Pick from the 2009 tour :D:D:D:D

my 2 boys are beating each other up to get their hands on it...

I am VERY grateful and I wish Al and his family a terrfic Christmas and hope he got as much joy from his SS...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    To my SS:

I am not going to mention names but I ordered something that had to be made 3 weeks ago and it STILL has not shown up. This might cause the whole thing to be late for XMAS but I promise I have been wringing my hands waiting for it and wish I could get it into yours.

Calling Monday to see WTF is going on :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Kitos.
    Kitoksia oikein paljon, Emmi.
    (I hope I'm saying thank you and not "I eat your cat" or something weird.)

Your present came yesterday and I was going to wait until Christmas to open it, but I couldn't wait. It's so exciting to get a package from Finland. And what a great package.

Thanks so much, I LOVE my book of elves and my Goon CD (even though I don't know what they're saying) and my chocolate. The best part - your notes and your drawings. It's so cool that you liked the elf book when you were a little girl. Ah. And how can you go wrong with a stickman Santa?

Thank you thank you thank you. Have a happy Christmas and a wonderful new year and here's to seeing PJ a zillion times in 2010.

Oh - and thanks to Helen for organizing all this.

IMG_1110.jpg
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Enkidu wrote:
    Kitos.
    Kitoksia oikein paljon, Emmi.
    (I hope I'm saying thank you and not "I eat your cat" or something weird.)

Your present came yesterday and I was going to wait until Christmas to open it, but I couldn't wait. It's so exciting to get a package from Finland. And what a great package.

Thanks so much, I LOVE my book of elves and my Goon CD (even though I don't know what they're saying) and my chocolate. The best part - your notes and your drawings. It's so cool that you liked the elf book when you were a little girl. Ah. And how can you go wrong with a stickman Santa?

Thank you thank you thank you. Have a happy Christmas and a wonderful new year and here's to seeing PJ a zillion times in 2010.

Oh - and thanks to Helen for organizing all this.

IMG_1110.jpg

hooray! :) I'm so glad you like it, you're very welcome. and yes, you're saying it right, except for one teensy thing: there are two i's in 'kiitos' (and 'kiitoksia'). other than that, fantastic job! :D

I hope you have a fabulous Christmas!

yeah, thanks to Helen for doing all this again. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options

i got :

dsc02666k.jpg

D that pressie contains my most favourite chocolates in the whole world - they are the best! Enjoy them :D
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:

i got :

dsc02666k.jpg

D that pressie contains my most favourite chocolates in the whole world - they are the best! Enjoy them :D
    i eat 4 pieces today when i woke up before i get up of the bed!!! :lol:
  • Options
    i eat 4 pieces today when i woke up before i get up of the bed!!!

:lol: I think I may have breakfasted on them before too ..... :oops:
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well I just got an awesome package in the mail and thought it might have been the item I ordered for my SS, but it was MY present.

Since it is Hanukkah and I suscribe to that belief, I decided to open it :D. I wonder if my person knew that :lol:

Anyway it was from Irish Al, who is thought of quite fondly by a good friend of mine...

It was AWESOME (and I don't use those words often)

Contents:

- A CD of Irish Tunes (which I will listen to whilst I wear my green and white scarf I got in Dublin 2 years ago), very exciting!!
    - 2 Boots of Shows I do not have (which is SHOCKING :shock: )
    Shepards Bush 2009 and Milan 2006
    - A PJ sticker (My first!)
    and..................
    - A Mickey Pick from the 2009 tour :D:D:D:D

my 2 boys are beating each other up to get their hands on it...

I am VERY grateful and I wish Al and his family a terrfic Christmas and hope he got as much joy from his SS...

No probs my man...gotta spread the PJ love.

By the way, you weren't at the Dublin 06 gig by any chance???
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    THANK YOU MENSANE!!!!!

You are the most amazing, thoughtful, generous person I have never met!

On my way out on Saturday I saw a box lying on the ground next to my letter box. As soon as I picked it up and saw it was from Seattle I knew it was my secret santa pressie, I was soooo excited. I put it in the bottom of the stroller and took it for a tiki tour round town on my errands. The moment I walked in the door I careful ripped into it.

WOW!!!

Inside was
    - a Pearl Jam Live at Easy Street CD
    - 2 x Easy Street Records T-shirts for my kids (which they will grow into)
    - 3 x Easy Street stickers
    - a little space needle
    - a Seattle magnet

That alone was awesome enough... but then... at the bottom was a little Tinkerbell doll :o and under her was a parcel of photos and a little story. Tinkerbell had been on a tour of Seattle and had her photo taken in front of iconic Seattle locations, like in front of Eddie Vedders house :shock: , and Kurt Cobains, and in front of the markets and... so many more. I got a tear in my eye. I can't believe the thought, time and effort that went into my gift.

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!!!! :clap::clap: :angel:

I will try to post a photo of it all tomorrow!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    tinkerbell wrote:
    THANK YOU MENSANE!!!!!

On my way out on Saturday I saw a box lying on the ground next to my letter box. As soon as I picked it up and saw it was from Seattle I knew it was my secret santa pressie, I was soooo excited. I put it in the bottom of the stroller and took it for a tiki tour round town on my errands. The moment I walked in the door I careful ripped into it.

WOW!!!

Inside was
    - a little space needle
    - a Seattle magnet

That alone was awesome enough... but then... at the bottom was a little Tinkerbell doll :o and under her was a parcel of photos and a little story. Tinkerbell had been on a tour of Seattle and had her photo taken in front of iconic Seattle locations, like in front of Eddie Vedders house :shock: , and Kurt Cobains, and in front of the markets and... so many more. I got a tear in my eye. I can't believe the thought, time and effort that went into my gift.

:oops: ah wow! The effort gone in this year has been amazing.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    :oops: ah wow! The effort gone in this year has been amazing.

I know ... which makes me feel really embrassed about what I sent! Please forgive me, it was my first year and I should have read previous years threads to prepare myself a bit better!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    tinkerbell wrote:
    THANK YOU MENSANE!!!!!

WOW!!!

Inside was
    - a little space needle
    - a Seattle magnet

awesome\!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    tinkerbell wrote:
    THANK YOU MENSANE!!!!!

WOW!!!

Inside was
    - a little space needle
    - a Seattle magnet

I'm really glad it got there before Christmas and that you like it. I had a lot of fun doing the pictures. I was worried because it rained for like 2 weeks straight and I didnt know if a nice day would come along. But a perfect day happened to be on a day I worked, so I took a 2 hour lunch and ran all over Seattle. It was cool because several people came over to ask what I was doing. And the guys at Easy St thought it was pretty awesome that 2 little kids in New Zealand would be wearing their shirts.

Chris and Rick thought it was cool to pose with the little Tinkerbell (Chris Friel and Rick Friel from the Rockfords/ Shadow/ Flight to Mars, etc...they are pretty good friends of mine and I happened to have the little doll in my purse one night at the Sunset for a Jodie Watts show).

if you ever come to Seattle, I will take you on a proper tour.
    p.s. I put the pictures from the tour up on flickr if anyone wants to see.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45587135@N06/
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    mensane wrote:

Awesome pressie and great photos mensane. Thanks for sharing them.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    mensane wrote:

Wow!! Those pics are great! What a creative gift!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    mensane wrote:

Wow!! Those pics are great! What a creative gift!
    awesome!!!!
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    hope this posts ok...my presents from enkidu...awesome!!!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/cilcia/pjss09.jpg
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912

very cool. i like the song theme.
  • Options

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wow, I just came home to a huge box full of wonderful presents from Wolfbear! The poor thing had so little to go on, cos I don't post here that often but you got me such great stuff! So very very thoughtful of you! My sincerest thanks for the presents! :D

She sent me:

-4 beautiful fabric coasters
    -a whole BOX OF LUCKY CHARMS (OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG)
    -Loads of PJ stickers
    -a PJ keyring
    -a lovely calender from an animal shelter
    -the nicest smelling bar of soap ever!
    -5 PJ cd's, with awesome songs on them
    eh did i mention Lucky Charms? XD

Thanks so so much! :)

Oh and here's a pic of the whole thing :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45652584@N08/4184974713/