Options

My Dad passed away.

124»

Comments

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i cant stop thinking about this.

again, I'm sorry. been thinking about you all day.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I'm absolutely devastated to say the least. My Dad was my hero, the apple of my eye and one of the best friends i've ever had. My relationship with him was perfect. He made me who I am, introduced me to many of my hobbies and passions and taught me so many lessons in life. Many people here know how much I love my Dad and how he played such a big part in my life. He is responsible for my love of music, cycling, nature and gardening, comedy, film... the list really is endless.
    What dreadful news Sian. I've only just seen this so sorry for replying so late.

You were very lucky to have the relationship you did with your Dad. You'll have plenty of good memories. I wish mine would come back so I could put things right.

Take Care. Sorry.
  • Options
    Just because we're not with you, doesn't mean we're not there for you. You've been in my thoughts everyday.

Stay strong tomorrow. I wish I could say something to make it easier, but nothing ever could.

We all miss you.

Love,

Sarah, Mark and the children xxx
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am blessed and I know it, that I still have both my parents. And they are in their late 70's. God bless you and your loved ones.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,390
    I rarely get chance to check the forum because of work, needless to say I'm absolutely stunned to come on here for the first time in ages and see this.

Sian, I'm so so so sorry for your loss. I've sent you a txt, sorry it seems a bit late now. If I had seen this sooner I would've been in touch sooner.

I'm thinking about you and your family, i'm so sorry x x x
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Thoughts are with you and yours...
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Sian,

I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts today as you lay your dad to rest.

A million, billion positive, strong vibes coming your way today.

((((HUGS))))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I'm very sorry for your loss. :cry:
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Without dragging this topic back up, I just want to let you all know that the funeral went well (for want of a better phrase) as my last post in this thread. We did my Dad proud and that's all he would've wanted. Myself, my older brother and my Mum all held it together to read our eulogies and the vicar read my twin brother's so well on his behalf. My Dad's final resting place is the cemetary of our family church, not far from a woman he loved dearly - his mother. I'm comforted by the fact that I can always go and find peace there.

I'm back at work now, trying to regain normality as much as I can. I would like to say things are getting better but at the moment it doesn't feel like they are. The emotions I go through daily are crippling. My family have all been there for each other and we've had masses of support from so many sources.

I know that with time it will get easier, but i'll never stop loving or missing the wonderful man that was my Dad.

Finally, thank you again to everyone who has posted in here, sent cards, texts, flowers, PM's and condolences. You will truly never know what it's meant to me and my family.

~ Sian xx
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Sian--

glad to hear that it went well. i know what you're going through & know how hard & crippling it can be at times. i also know that in time, you will begin to heal. keep remembering the precious moments. thoughts are with you---
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    My thoughts are with you and yours. I wrote a song once named "Fallen Angel", I didn't know there was am ale named after that.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I hate hearing news like this, very sorry for your loss :(. I worry about my dad every day- he has a short temper and gets very riled up and has a high-stress job. On top of it, he's got a whole slew of medical problems. I just can't seem to get him to listen to me to take better care of himself.
  • Options
    Without dragging this topic back up, I just want to let you all know that the funeral went well (for want of a better phrase) as my last post in this thread. We did my Dad proud and that's all he would've wanted. Myself, my older brother and my Mum all held it together to read our eulogies and the vicar read my twin brother's so well on his behalf. My Dad's final resting place is the cemetary of our family church, not far from a woman he loved dearly - his mother. I'm comforted by the fact that I can always go and find peace there.

I'm back at work now, trying to regain normality as much as I can. I would like to say things are getting better but at the moment it doesn't feel like they are. The emotions I go through daily are crippling. My family have all been there for each other and we've had masses of support from so many sources.

I know that with time it will get easier, but i'll never stop loving or missing the wonderful man that was my Dad.

Finally, thank you again to everyone who has posted in here, sent cards, texts, flowers, PM's and condolences. You will truly never know what it's meant to me and my family.

~ Sian xx

Hi Sian,

I am so sorry for your loss. My dad was 54 when he passed away just as suddenly as your dad. My dad's wasn't a heart attack though. I'm glad things went as well as these things can for you.
    You are right it will get easier with time, but as you said you will never stop loving, or missing your father. It will be 11 years ago this November for me and there are times I still get misty when I think about my dad or some long forgotten memory of my dad finds its way back into my thoughts. Sometimes my tears are that of sadness because I miss him terribly, and at times the tears are that of joy as I think about how lucky I was to have had the father I had and how I have all these wonderful memories that we created together over the 23 years I was fortunate enough to have him for.

I know its still very fresh and you are tired of people saying "if there is anything I can do for you..." but if at any time you ever want to talk to someone who's been there...feel free to pm me anytime k.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    Sian

I've only just seen this thread, but am so so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you. I'm glad you had such a wonderful relationship with your dad and I hope your memories of him will give you comfort

Take care - Valerie
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22