Options

*** London, O2 Arena Fanviews Here 8/18/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    chidoonechidoone Posts: 327
    Back from the show

Fucking great, the best of the three that I see (SBE, Manchester,O2 ) You have said everything..Highlights for me...Whipping and Blood !! Black and Alive we just never got tired of sing along with this songs! Betterman really good singing from the crowd.... Animal and Porch great.....Supersonic really good...

If they played the RVM from last night at Manchester today then it was definitely the best show so far !!

(And yes... no BREATH ... again...still waiting to see them play my fav song once live !! )

Have fun in North America and go back to Europe asap !!!
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,016
    My wish was granted i got Release finally after all these years & it was so brooding & dark. Rest of the setlist was awesome, Whipping, I Got Id, Immortality, Rats, Porch where do you stop. Supersonic sounded great but Stone had problems with his axe on The Fixer but got it back with perfect timing. Crowd was great & glad to have 10c seated tix, to old for the pit nowadays. Spoke to some nice people from Italy & America. Nothing off Riot Act & only DTE off Yield. But great to see lots of Ten, Vs & Vitalogy. I had no voice before the show & back to corner store for some throat sweets in the morning. Great venue & even better show. Totally gutted that i fly out from Sydney on the 21st November & if the Brisbane show was when the Melbourne show was on it would have been perfect. I will always have o2 show in my heart.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Too flippin good.
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    OMG! Amazing show... Im just totally blown away. My voice is completely gone after these European tour dates.... too much screaming in the front row I guess... :lol: I was in front row Stones side - it got a bit rough from time to time, but we all had so much fun - and the band seemed to be enjoying themselves as well.

Great crowd, great staff at O2 (best organized of these European tour dates) -- I'm glad I got the poster... unforgettable show. :)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    just got back from the show, was totally lost in london!!!!!!!!!!!

great show, energy 100000+++++

didnt get Jeremy and Last Kiss though, so i have to go to more gigs... ;)
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    Nobody took any pics of the shirts?

Annie, that's some foxy avatar you've got there :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,377
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Nobody took any pics of the shirts?

Annie, that's some foxy avatar you've got there :D
    Same shirts as SBE, there's pics of the SBE merch booth on here somewhere. The only difference was the London stickman shirt had today's date
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Its 2 in the morning and i can't sleep, still on a high from tonights activities.

Got to the o2 nice and early this afternoon. Was even able to a buy poster and take it back to car, didn't even have to roll it, result.

The biggest let down of the evening for me were Gomez. I am familiar with some of there stuff and the song Whipping Picadily was a minor hit for them in the late ninties, and which I am sure most of the crowd would have gotten behind but they failed to play it. Instead they resorted t playing new stuff. The crowd seem indifferent and they left without much fanfair.

Then onto the main event

Release as opener is always a winner and then animal kicked in and things went nuts. The crowd surged forward and I found myself about 2 or people away from the front. The guys rattled through Corduroy, and then why go. At the end of the song Eddie announced that the band would not becoming back to the UK for some time to which the crowd responded by chanting"why go home" which made him laugh.

Now for me, i really didn't need to know this information. after seeing the guys at Wembley back in 2000 and Ed saying ssomething similar, we had to wait 6 years for them to come back and play Reading. I hope the wait isn't that long, but i put this to the back of my mind.

Immortality and Elderly women followed and then fixer and Even Flow. During Even Flow things got really messy at the front. The crowd was surging uncontrolably and some scouse arseholes were pushing from behind as hard as they could. Now I'm a big guy but the pressure was immense security were pulling people out left and right and before the end of even flow i was retreating from the front (I'm getting too old for this shit). At the end of the song Eddie asked the crowd to take 3 steps back as things were getting that bad.

From a safe distance I enjoyed the rest of the gig. Everyone was in fine form and the set list was great. Between Shepherds bush Empire and the O2 I've heard so many songs I haven't seen the guys do live before which has been a real treat. Love, reign o'er me and Porh (6 gigs and this was the first time!!!) were highlights.

Supersonic was also premiered. This album is shaping up to be a really up beat. its another catchy number like fixer. I'm sure the videos will be on you tube shortly so you can judge it for yourselves.

A mention also of the girl standing next me who burst into tears when betterman started. It was really moving, not something I've really witness before- tears of pure joy or pain I dont know. but it really shows the power of this band and how much they mean people.

oh well back to reality now work in 6 hours. Might have to pay a visit to my sister in laws in st. louis the next time the guys are touring the US 'cause from what eddie said we might not be seeing them in the UK :o :shock: :shock: for a while.

Good night and good luck.
    Wembley 29/10/96,Wembley 29/05/00,Wembley 30/05/00, Reading 30/08/06,SBE 11/08/09,O2 18/08/09
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    supersonic definitely sounded like mankind (which is a good thing for me), but i still like got some the best.

i'm too tired to write a detailed review, but i have to say this was my 3rd pearl jam concert and i always wanted release as an opener. finally hadi it tonitght, and it was fucking amazing! the crowd was loud as hell, i couldn't stop crying like a baby, it was really emotional. lots of love to everyone who screamed their lungs out, cheers :)
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    yeah, this setlist really fucking smokes after the 5th song... wow. i hope chicago comes close...
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    DB230137 wrote:
    Its 2 in the morning and i can't sleep, still on a high from tonights activities.

Got to the o2 nice and early this afternoon. Was even able to a buy poster and take it back to car, didn't even have to roll it, result.

The biggest let down of the evening for me were Gomez. I am familiar with some of there stuff and the song Whipping Picadily was a minor hit for them in the late ninties, and which I am sure most of the crowd would have gotten behind but they failed to play it. Instead they resorted t playing new stuff. The crowd seem indifferent and they left without much fanfair.

Then onto the main event

Release as opener is always a winner and then animal kicked in and things went nuts. The crowd surged forward and I found myself about 2 or people away from the front. The guys rattled through Corduroy, and then why go. At the end of the song Eddie announced that the band would not becoming back to the UK for some time to which the crowd responded by chanting"why go home" which made him laugh.

Now for me, i really didn't need to know this information. after seeing the guys at Wembley back in 2000 and Ed saying ssomething similar, we had to wait 6 years for them to come back and play Reading. I hope the wait isn't that long, but i put this to the back of my mind.

Immortality and Elderly women followed and then fixer and Even Flow. During Even Flow things got really messy at the front. The crowd was surging uncontrolably and some scouse arseholes were pushing from behind as hard as they could. Now I'm a big guy but the pressure was immense security were pulling people out left and right and before the end of even flow i was retreating from the front (I'm getting too old for this shit). At the end of the song Eddie asked the crowd to take 3 steps back as things were getting that bad.

From a safe distance I enjoyed the rest of the gig. Everyone was in fine form and the set list was great. Between Shepherds bush Empire and the O2 I've heard so many songs I haven't seen the guys do live before which has been a real treat. Love, reign o'er me and Porh (6 gigs and this was the first time!!!) were highlights.

Supersonic was also premiered. This album is shaping up to be a really up beat. its another catchy number like fixer. I'm sure the videos will be on you tube shortly so you can judge it for yourselves.

A mention also of the girl standing next me who burst into tears when betterman started. It was really moving, not something I've really witness before- tears of pure joy or pain I dont know. but it really shows the power of this band and how much they mean people.

oh well back to reality now work in 6 hours. Might have to pay a visit to my sister in laws in st. louis the next time the guys are touring the US 'cause from what eddie said we might not be seeing them in the UK :o :shock: :shock: for a while.

Good night and good luck.

i was at the third row and had to pull back at even flow as well mate. i helped the security to pull out the girl right infront of me during even flow, and some asshole jumped right in there. then there was immense pushing and i just couldn't breathe anymore. i'm really glad i went back though, it was starting to get really annoying to deal with those jerks who were just there to push, i couldn't even enjoy even flow. the fans couple of rows back were still loud as hell, and there was space to jump around and enjoy.
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    marklmarkl Posts: 58
    Wow - great setlist. You know when you get Release as the opener the show is going to kick ass.

I can't determine what setlist was better - London or Manchester.
    both amazing.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,377
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    man this thread gave me goosebumps a couple of times!!!! i CANT WAIT for my shows, it seems like they are REALLY hitting their stride, i hope they save some for seattle...

Im glad to hear the crazy mary mike/boom outro thing was awesome, that is one of my favourite spectacles to witness at ANY live show...

tonights show
    LOOKS AMAZING!!! sounds even better, the reviews from you guys.....it is an exciting time!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    sweet setlist
  • Options
    mrs_veddermrs_vedder Posts: 131
    Reading this thread has actually brought a tear to my eye.

The gig was absolutely amazing, better that SBE last week. Really happy that we got Release, Footsteps and Crazy Mary. And Rats was kickass. It felt like it went on for hours and hours, not just the 2 1/2 hours that it actually was, we really got our monies worth!

It was upsetting when Ed said that they won't be coming back to Europe any time soon. So I guess I'll probably be going to America in the near future. I have only seen them twice now and I defintely don't intend to give up yet.

I LOVE THIS BAND.........and I'm proud to admit it :)
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Degi wrote:
    just got back from the show, was totally lost in london!!!!!!!!!!!

great show, energy 100000+++++

didnt get Jeremy and Last Kiss though, so i have to go to more gigs... ;)

:o Even worse... they did not play Jeremy at all during this European short tour.. Damnationed... How can i complete my liveconcertsupercd :(
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    First of all two gripes, one the setlist had nine songs from Shepherd's Bush and two, would have been nice to hear something else other than Ledbetter (which is a brilliant, brilliant song especially live but would have nice to have seen Baba!).

Now on to the positives, which were many. A fantastic night. Great setlist and played some real belting tracks. Never seen a gig at the 02 before and the sound there was the best I have experienced in a big arena.

My personal highlights were Release, Animal, Rats, Whipping, Blood, Footsteps and Porch. But a word of note for Light Years which is one of the most underrated of PJ songs, that performance nearly brought a tear to my eye. Black was the best I have ever heard it, even better than the MSG dvd and I was delighted to hear that, and Betterman, despite hearing it the other night, when the whole crowd sung to it on their own, it was immense - it's something I have heard a few times on boots but never thought I would experience it.

Despite a similar set list, you will never tire of hearing Evenflow, Alive, Corduroy and Betterman live - you expect to hear these tracks as they cater for all and rightly so. Because of the high which was Shepherd's Bush, my mind has been on that gig for the last few weeks and I didn't expect much from this gig. I was wrong though and this show blew me completely away. I don't know what was better, SBE or the o2. Can't beat seeing the boys in a small venue but tonight's setlist was second to none.

Can anyone PM me if they have a picture of the blonde woman who was doing the mic checks please? She was an absolute spitting image of my mother. Complete doppleganger! I didn't take my camera!
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    Oh wow, I don't know what to say, it was like 1993 all over again!

This show was fantastic, so much intensity and passion, both from the fans and the band, and I've never seen Eddie jump around so much since the early days. Ed's voice and the overall sound of the show was really clear and amazing.

They played loads of oldies but the highlights for me were Immortality (Mike's guitar was stunning), Rats, Porch, I GOT SHIT!! Light Years, Alive, Evolution, Betterman, FOOTSTEPS!! Crazy Mary, Blood, Insignificance and Love Reign over me. In fact all of it!!

I bought the black raven t-shirt and a really great pearl jam keyring (will post a pic later).

I wish I'd been able to get tickets for SBE but I've been assured that this show was better than that! lol
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406

I bought the black raven t-shirt and a really great pearl jam keyring (will post a pic later).

I wish I'd been able to get tickets for SBE but I've been assured that this show was better than that! lol

Dude my profile pic is the keyring. I bought it at Shepherd's Bush. Don't know if it's quite worth a tenner but it's a good one!
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    R.A.W.R.A.W. Posts: 13
    Wow. Amazing setlist. I got Shit, Light Years and .. Footsteps? Crazy!
    But I met Eddie Vedder in Rotterdam, though. So I still feel like the luckiest man alive :)
    * Landgraaf - 2000
    * Arnhem - 2006
    * Prague - 2006
    * Nijmegen - 2007
    * Rotterdam - 2009
    * Nijmegen - 2010
    * Dublin - 2010
    * Amsterdam #1, 2012
    * Amsterdam #2, 2012
    * Werchter, 2012
    * Arras, 2012
  • Options
    jodijodi Posts: 183
    Left Porch wrote:
    The setlists for this tour have blown away last summers shows IMO, this band is AWESOME.

Feel the same! What a band, what a tour, what a setlists. The best band in the World!
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    That's an awesome setlist. Sounds like another top-notch concert... One more to add to the list of boots to buy!
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    They cant be serious with not coming to Europe any time soon!

- Eddie in Berlin promised to come to see at least Italy soon
    - They got the new album being released, just cant imagine they would call 4 gigs for Europe as a proper promotion of a new CD (well yeah we all know they dont have to do it ofcourse ...!!).

Come back guys!

Best band in the world. Thanks for giving us a great life :)
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    This is why I continue to see the band. my 12th show last night and it blew me away. We were on the floor (Mike Side) and a girld proposed to her boyfriend during Black. Quite a cool moment.

Who was the guy that died they were talking about. Cause it is pretty obvious the set was written around that.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Amazing setlist.
    Amazing crowd.

Just awesome!
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing show. Does anyone know when the bootleg will be available??
  • Options
    WarchildWarchild Posts: 19
    One of the best Pearl Jam gigs I've been in, if not the very best.

Most has been said before, but my highlights are Immortality, Crazy Mary, Footsteps and the brilliant Black. Heard Black live 5x and this was the best version. Awesome!
    I don't wanna think, I wanna feel
  • Options
    J4DYDJ4DYD Posts: 1
    First time I have seen them live - although have seen all the released concert footage. Awesome concert - the best I have ever attended of any type of music and I have attended a fair few !

Set list was unbelievable - just did not want it to stop. McCreedy went off on some crazy solos during Evenflow and Black one of which had him playing for around 1 - 2 minutes behind his head !

Betterman was awesome - just Eddie - an acoustic guitar and 20,000 voices !