Options

Eddie nominated for Grammy!

Comments

• Options
    Whoohooo two of my fav artist are nominated for a grammy !!! go p!nk and Ed V!!!:)
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    I really dont understand the way the Grammys work: U2 was nominated for and/or won awards in two consecutive years for songs off of Dismantle and stupid Maroon 5 won awards in consecutive yrs for the same song/album if im not mistaken. I guess it all has to do with singles released and that sort of stuff but it really is a dumb system
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    Gotta say, Bruce should win. That album Magic was on another level and Girls in their Summer Clothes was one of the major reasons for that. I'm still finding crazy stuff in that album a year later (like the story behind Devil's Arcade - wow) And I'm not a big Bruce fan. And if Eddie feels the same way as he used to, I don't think he'll mind.
  • Options
    In that case you are ignorant. And by that i mean uninformed. It really sucks that so many PJ fans are. 3 yrs ago when i was posting about KOL noone even KNEW who they were and all of a sudden opening for PJ and a new album mean they're the next big thing here, lol. you fickle fuckers

Sooooo........................................Do you want a trophy?
  • Options
    Sooooo........................................Do you want a trophy?
    Yes please, lol. Just saying how fickle PJ fans are, lol
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    Congrats to EV on his nomination.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    jblagg wrote:
    I say John Mayer.
    me too. sorry.
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    It is fascinating to me to learn that you like both Pink AND Pearl Jam. I mean I know you said Ed V but I'm assuming you're in favor of Pearl Jam too :)
    What's wrong with Pink? It's pop, but sarcastic angry pop, which makes fun of other pop artists. Maybe the only good pop.
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    that is good news...hopefully he wins after getting burnt last year!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Wow that makes no sense since Into the Wild came out in SEPTEMBER of 2007. I guess they do count it if it was released as a single later on...which I guess it was?

The Grammys love Jon Mayer, but also Springsteen. Jon Mayer is a great guitar player as far as being raised on the SRV and all (like Mike) but his music really is incredibly crappy.

Girls in their Summer Clothes is classic Springsteen. Great song/production.

Rise is definitely my favorite song on ITW though. Go Vedder!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    I hope Eddie wins.
    And performs ;)
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    jblagg wrote:
    John Mayer sucks.

i agree. can't stand his music or voice...oh and the stupid faces he makes when he sings.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    Go Eddie,

I love Bruce, but thats one of his worst tunes for me
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    yeah really what a honor to be nominated with top names of music.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    pjamaholic wrote:
    Paul McCartney is overrated. His voice has gone and he can no longer sing. I wouldn't go to see him if I was paid to. Wonder how Eddie feels coming up against someone he's in awe of, ie Uncle Neil? Go Eddie!

Yep, I'm a big Beatles fan, but I stopped going to Macca's show years ago. Too rehearsed, same set every night, pre-determined "special moments" when the crowd is supposed to scream or cry, none of the spontaniety that makes PJ shows great. Plus the ticket prices were killing me - $350 for the floor!

And "I Saw Her Standing There"...I think that song is way past it's expiration date. Coincidentally, it was a big hit for Paul when The Beatles won their first Grammy..for Best New Group in 1964.

Rise is a gem. It's every bit as good as Neil or Bruce's.
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    congrads Ed! :)
  • Options
    I'm obsessed with the song "Rise" and the entire Into The Wild soundtrack. The song "Society" affects me in this way . . . like, he's singing to my soul. I'll never get over it. I don't understand how anyone cannot deeply love that album.
    "If you don't meet your shadow, it will come to you as your fate." -C.G. Jung
  • Options
    fickle fuckers
    hee hee say that five times fast!

sorry, i couldnt resist, and i have nothing of value to add to this argument.
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    McKenna wrote:
    I'm obsessed with the song "Rise" and the entire Into The Wild soundtrack. The song "Society" affects me in this way . . . like, he's singing to my soul. I'll never get over it. I don't understand how anyone cannot deeply love that album.

Obsessed.....yep
    Singing to my soul...yep
    never get over it...yep
    How can anyone not deeply love that album?...exactly

Welcome to the pit, McKenna. Great first post, I see that you're a true member of the tribe already.
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    In that case you are ignorant. And by that i mean uninformed. It really sucks that so many PJ fans are. 3 yrs ago when i was posting about KOL noone even KNEW who they were and all of a sudden opening for PJ and a new album mean they're the next big thing here, lol. you fickle fuckers

True about KOL there. But John Mayer is, in all honesty now, shite. He should just stick to playing the guitar and not making generic and bland pop music. His voice is poor, his songs are even worse and his production is the musical equivalent of watching paint dry.

I reckon what Clapton said was his guitar playing is good, which it is. But there are plenty of great guitar players out there who don't write love struck girl pleasing unoriginal pop.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    hee hee say that five times fast!

sorry, i couldnt resist, and i have nothing of value to add to this argument.
    lol i tried AND succeeded
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    True about KOL there. But John Mayer is, in all honesty now, shite. He should just stick to playing the guitar and not making generic and bland pop music. His voice is poor, his songs are even worse and his production is the musical equivalent of watching paint dry.

I reckon what Clapton said was his guitar playing is good, which it is. But there are plenty of great guitar players out there who don't write love struck girl pleasing unoriginal pop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOwt83O0Sk0
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    how do u just post anythin if i may ask sorry 2 bother u
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 575
    Jibiti wrote:
    Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance
    (For a solo vocal performance. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Gravity
    John Mayer
    Track from: Where The Light Is — Live In Los Angeles
    [Columbia]

* I Saw Her Standing There
    Paul McCartney
    Track from: Amoeba's Secret
    [Hear Music/MPL Communications Ltd.]

* Girls In Their Summer Clothes
    Bruce Springsteen
    Track from: Magic
    [Columbia]

* Rise
    Eddie Vedder
    [J Records]

* No Hidden Path
    Neil Young
    Track from: Chrome Dreams II
    [Reprise]
    Hope Eddie does well

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    John Mayer and his band are like the muppet babies of rock. I suggest everyone with kids buy his album and put your kids to sleep to.
    His Albums should come with a warning label, "DO NOT LISTEN TO WHILE DRIVING, WILL CAUSE SLEEP RELATED ACCIDENTS"
    Snore.
    Boring, meaningless, manwhoring, "body-is-a-wonderdump" piece of worthless music compaired to PJ
  • Options
    SS2972SS2972 Posts: 49
    i hope ed wins! eds solo album is truely the best art of all!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    "DAMN!!!! I wonder if he shows up for the ceremony???"

All of us know how Ed feels about awards shows and how art (music) is judged. Maybe he'd show up if asked to perform? Being up against Uncle Neil (his great influence) has probably got EV shaking his head - as we've often seen him do. Prior Pearl Jam MTV Video Music Award speeches set a certain tone. STBC was way back in 1996 - things can change.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    CONGRATULATIONS ED !!! Very well deserved !!!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Well deserved.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    jendufjenduf Posts: 43
    Hail Hail