Options

Eddie nominated for Grammy!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    He deserves it 100%, but in saying that winning a grammy isnt going to prove anything for him. Ed doesnt have to prove anything, we all know how great he is!
    Zo Barney
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    My girlfriend is the world's biggest John Mayer fan, and she wanted to make a bet on who would win between JM and Ed.
    I don't think I can do it though. I doubt he'll win against the other four.
    But I still think he's amazing.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    My girlfriend is the world's biggest John Mayer fan, and she wanted to make a bet on who would win between JM and Ed.
    I don't think I can do it though. I doubt he'll win against the other four.
    But I still think he's amazing.

Does she know that Mayer has said in interviews that Elton John and Eddie Vedder are his idols. He said his dream would be to sing with Eddie Vedder one day. That was when I checked him out to see what he was about. The guy is a bone head, he had to be an original member of the Pussycat Dolls because he is a little weenie. The reason this thread talks about John Mayer so much is because his name sticks out like a sore thumb next to the other 4 icons. This is like having George W. Bush put on Mount Rushmore.

If Ed loses does that mean his song Rise sucks, because I'm trying to figure out what this means for the four people who lose. I guess we'll know weather Ed's song is any good after the award show tells us or maybe I'll cheat and listen to it myself and decide on my own weather or not it's a good song. Ya, thats the ticket, the Grammy's can kiss the crack of my ass.
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Pearl Jam wrote:
    Does she know that Mayer has said in interviews that Elton John and Eddie Vedder are his idols. He said his dream would be to sing with Eddie Vedder one day. That was when I checked him out to see what he was about. The guy is a bone head, he had to be an original member of the Pussycat Dolls because he is a little weenie. The reason this thread talks about John Mayer so much is because his name sticks out like a sore thumb next to the other 4 icons. This is like having George W. Bush put on Mount Rushmore.

If Ed loses does that mean his song Rise sucks, because I'm trying to figure out what this means for the four people who lose. I guess we'll know weather Ed's song is any good after the award show tells us or maybe I'll cheat and listen to it myself and decide on my own weather or not it's a good song. Ya, thats the ticket, the Grammy's can kiss the crack of my ass.

Logic like that doesn't seem to phase her when it come to John Mayer. But I'd have to agree, he's a total weenie.

Ed told the Grammy's years ago what he thought of them, and I doubt he's changed his mind much. Rise is an amazing song, and outside of JM, he's in great company with the nomination.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited January 2009
    I haven't read any of the replies, and I am proud of Eddie for being nominated, but the whole awards show phenom is nothing but a scam. It's set up, paid off, and a farce. I can't believe that people follow these shows as if the few judges to decide who wins, are the ultimate "know-alls" of the music industry. Why would anyone trust this garbage? I know what good music is, and I don't need any corporate entity to tell me who is better than everyone else. So I love that Eddie tells them that he seriously doesn't care. Why should he? For some stupid statue? Please.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • Options
    odieodie Posts: 73
    jenduf wrote:
    Hail Hail
    I know Exactly what we will be watching huh Jen??!!!!???
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    good luck, eddie! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    igotid88 wrote:
    a dream scenario would be Eddie performing "Rise" then after he's done. The backdrop opens and the whole band is there performing their new single.

You've got a wild imagination. Good for you kid :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    I never thought that they would forgive Ed for what he said about winning a Grammy years ago! LMAO!!!! Way to go Ed!!! We love you!!
  • Options
    jblagg wrote:
    i bet he's thrilled.
    HE'd RATHER SHOVE IT UP JESUS"S ASS
  • Options
    I hope he wins?????LOLO
  • Options
    I adore Bruce and Neil, but Eddie's song is the best hands down. However, Bruce's "The Wrestler" is up for an Oscar, I do believe. I like that song a tad better than "Girls In Their Summer Clothes".
    I'm not too concerned with PJ20, because I celebrate the band's existence every year.
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    good luck to him.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Ved deserves a grammy simply because, if there is anyone recieving something for hard work, and pure genius it should be that guy. "They" always seem to give them out to such bullshit people these days so i wouldn't count on it..

but yeah.. lets all remember the reason he is so badass because he says F your grammy! I mean sure, getting a grammy is great for a short time but being too cool to get one? That lasts a lifetime ;)
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Bruce is great but....

His werestler song is just rehashed from every other soundtrack song he does. Jerry McGuire, Streets of Philly, Crossing guard etc.
  • Options
    DP16470 wrote:
    Bruce is great but....

His werestler song is just rehashed from every other soundtrack song he does. Jerry McGuire, Streets of Philly, Crossing guard etc.

I am so glad somebody had the courage to put it out there like that! It is so true!

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Pearl Jam wrote:

So funny and true at the same time! :lol:

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    was this posted yet?

1996 Grammy acceptance speech by Eddie (and Mike give props to AIC :D )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHEYs0CMe4U
    I'm curious to see what he'll say if he wins another one.

EDIT: found it on page 4. well, now it's here twice.