Options

Eddie nominated for Grammy!

Comments

• Options
    smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
    Is it just me or does it seem like Ed and Neil have ZERO chance at winning? Not because of quality of the music but McCartney, Mayer and Springsteen just seem to be darlings of whoever votes for these things.
    Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
    07/13/98 Los Angeles
    07/14/98 Los Angeles
    10/31/99 Bridge School
    10/28/00 San Bernardino
    10/31/00 Mountain View
    10/21/01 Bridge School
    06/01/03 Mountain View
    07/15/06 SF I
    07/16/06 SF II
    07/18/06 SF III
    10/21/06 Bridge School
    04/07/08 Berkeley
    04/08/08 Berkeley
  • Options
    If anyone here hasn't seen Neil yet do yourself a favor and see a live show. He's the best. Can't beat his guitar playing. I don't think that there is someone as old as him right now rocking out as hard.
  • Options
    chimpat wrote:
    John is a really unique person though, I've never met anyone like him. He's sacrificed a lot to get where he is, and is a really, really hard worker. People see the video clips, etc. and think he's a goofball, which he is sometimes but man does he work his ass off. He's going to have an amazing career (it's already off to a great start), if you don't think the guy is talented, I don't know what to say, he's got an tremendous gift and I think his music will only get better and better.

This was an eloquent defense...well said, sir.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    congrats, ed! this is gonna be a tough one to decide...!!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Just saw this. That's cool.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Eddie would get my vote. I'd like to see him win but I doubt he will.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Oh wow! :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    jblagg wrote:
    John Mayer sucks.

I had my reservations, but I went with my wife to see a concert and was very impressed. Great guitar player, songwriter and showman.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    DAMMIT, he better win this one! and hopefully it will be broadcast and we can see his sexy ass in a suit giving an awesome speech! GO ED...we are all rooting for ya!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Though I'm partial to Neil, I'm thinking John. All but one are worthy of such an honor.
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    Wow, they are all decent artist, not one bit of rubbish nominated! Now that is a first. I would say Bruce or Sir Paul will be the favs. I am sure the powers to be haven't forgotten Ed's speach from the last time he won a Grammy!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Dude did you hear about Relentless7? Ben's new band? I just found out tonight that they are playing Santa Cruz (Catalyst) and The Independent in San Francisco. Both shows are sold out :(
    I know this is not the thread for it but I know you live in San Jose, that's why I wanted to ask.

No...I hadn't heard that. Damn...I've been so busy making sure my job is somewhat safe...I haven't had my ear to the street.

Bummer!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    jblagg wrote:
    hahaha, you're hilarious...

did you really just call me a douche cause I don't like John Mayer?!

hahahaha, that's great...

lol...that is some funny shit. it should be the other way around
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    with that philosophy, Vedder couldn't get up there either in front of Neil and McCartney. Between those though, I would obviously go with Neil.

Paul McCartney is overrated. His voice has gone and he can no longer sing. I wouldn't go to see him if I was paid to. Wonder how Eddie feels coming up against someone he's in awe of, ie Uncle Neil? Go Eddie!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,453
    I at least hope that award is televised.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    edited January 2009
    John Mayer sucks.
    Post edited by Surf Rider on
  • Options
    a dream scenario would be Eddie performing "Rise" then after he's done. The backdrop opens and the whole band is there performing their new single.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Though I'm partial to Neil, I'm thinking John. All but one are worthy of such an honor.

I agree.....

Sir Paul McCartney doesn't really belong next to those other names. :)
  • Options
    Rise is still the best song on ITW

The Shammys are still such a joke it's better to stay away, Pearl Jam members are above it.
  • Options
    10/1/2007 - 09/30/2008 is the window for the Grammy this go-around.
    right into the wild was released in 09/07. so again, how did ed get nominated for a grammy?
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Rise is still the best song on ITW

Rise is definitely not close to the best song on ITW, Guaranteed, Hard Sun, Long Nights and Society are all WAY better.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    right into the wild was released in 09/07. so again, how did ed get nominated for a grammy?

because Rise was played in 2008.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    risarisa Posts: 42
    great, great news!
    great job Ed!!!
    i waited all day.
    you waited all day..
    but you left before sunset..

...should have stayed for the sunset...
    if not for me.
  • Options
    Awww that's great news! I don't think it really matters to him though lol, but Rise IS a great tune and also I really like the other nominees on there, all good songs and good artists....but hehe congrats Ed :D
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Great list. I think he who wants it the most should win. Other than that, it really doesn't matter. I think Paul should get an award for his kind visit to Israel recently :) we could sure use more of those visits.
  • Options
    Congrats Ed. Whoever wins will be deserving winner, but hopefully YOU do win.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    so anyways i listened to john mayer's gravity from where the light is many times today and i have to say i think hes gonna win this category. as much as i love eds work on into the wild(and i do a whole lot), im trying to be objective.
    but this is still great news cause ed was really shafted at the oscars this year. 3 songs from the same crap disney movie. :rolleyes: so very wrong.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    inmytree1380inmytree1380 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Posts: 155
    My second favorite track (my favorite is "Far Behind") off of the "Into the Wild" soundtrack has always been "Rise." I especially love it set to the film; the scene where the birds are flying at sunset...brilliant.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    You raise an interesting point....
    Especially since "Guaranteed" was nominated for last years' awards.
    Even better, last year's winner was Uncle Bruce, with "Radio Nowhere." Isn't the song he's nominated for this year from the same album?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    John Meyer fucks hot ass..... he should win.
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."