Options

Eddie nominated for Grammy!

Comments

• Options
    go eddie go!!

and john mayer has done some cool stuff, the live album he released with his trio was really good. the pop stuff sucks ass, but the trio stuff is nice
  • Options
    jblagg wrote:
    but all you know about me is that I don't like John Mayer...you're just assuming I'm uninformed about him, which I'm not. Just don't like him...

I look at that list of five and, to me, one name sticks out like a sore thumb...it should be noted that when I asked my douchey question of which of these doesn't belong, you knew exactly who I meant...
    Meh, whatev, lol.
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    wow---that's heavy competition! congrats to Ed!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,453
    If that's true then how did he get nominated for a grammy last year?

Rise was released this year I guess. I remember the year U2 won for best album with All that you can't leave behind. they were nominated for a song the year before.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I love Bruce to death, but I don't understand how he is in the best solo category. The Magic album was recorded with the E Street Band. It wasn't like Girls in Their Summer Clothes was taken off a true solo album like Devil's and Dust. I guess I just don't get how these are classified.
  • Options
    tph987tph987 Posts: 14
    Kings of Leon got nominated for three grammy's too. Mayer wont win cause who ever votes on these things couldn't let him stand up there and receive a grammy in front of neil, mccartney and ed. could they?
    Go Mets
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    remember when newbie sensation Norah Jones beat out Bruce on a lot of the catagories in 2002/03 Grammys? The year of Come Away With Me and The Rising. so you'll never know who'll win. I actually love both CDs BTW.

But usually, I hardly ever like the outcome of the Grammys!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    For those of you who don't care for or don't like Springsteen, I HIGHLY recommend you give the album "Nebraska" a listen. Completely different from any other album he has done. It is a masterpiece that more people need to hear. It definately is in my list of few favorite albums.

John Mayer is good too, but all the others nominees blow him away.

But remember, LISTEN TO NEBRASKA! :)
    Nathan
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Wow...Ed just keeps on piling up nominations.

Good for you Eddie!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    wazzukick wrote:
    I love Bruce to death, but I don't understand how he is in the best solo category. The Magic album was recorded with the E Street Band. It wasn't like Girls in Their Summer Clothes was taken off a true solo album like Devil's and Dust. I guess I just don't get how these are classified.

I think that's always been the case with him. Radio Nowhere won best Solo Rock performance last year, I think.

Springsteen will probably win becuase the Grammy's are so far up his arse it's absurd. I like Girls In Their Summer Clothes but Rise is definately better. In fact, I think it's the best song in that catergory.
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    edited January 2009
    John Mayer sucks.
    Post edited by Surf Rider on
  • Options
    jblagg wrote:
    I say John Mayer.

this is a shit load of talent, including mayer.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Whoever performs that night will win. That's how the Grammy's work. Stupid I think, but that's how it goes.

I'm looking forward to the "A Milli" remix featuring Ed though. That would be sweet. :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Good luck Ed, but if you don't win, go Neil!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    chimpat wrote:
    I'll say this, I've known John Mayer for about 20 years, we grew up together in CT and he's allowed me to see many great shows and meet some amazing artists.

One thing that I never thought I'd see in a million years is his name up against Eddie, Neil, Bruce and McCartney for a Grammy. Just a very strange feeling. Gravity is a great song though.

Pretty cool. So I need to ask the question....

Who are you pulling for in this line up? Pretty tough decision for you, huh?

They are all great.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Danimal wrote:
    Pretty cool. So I need to ask the question....

Who are you pulling for in this line up? Pretty tough decision for you, huh?

They are all great.

Well that's a tough call for me but I'd love to see Eddie win. The ITW album was a great piece of work and I'd love to see Ed get rewarded for it.

If you asked me six months ago, I'd probably say John. He and I used to be really good friends, I even went on tour with him for a bit this past summer. I guess you could say we don't see eye to eye anymore but I don't like the way he's handled some things on a personal level. I don't want to be overly negative because he's done some really cool things for me but we've definitely had our differences too.

It's really interesting growing up with someone that becomes famous. You've known them so long and don't really care about the fame, money, etc. The thing I've loved most has been the chance to see some special shows and meet some amazing artists (Buddy Guy, Neil Young, My Morning Jacket, Tony Bennett, etc.). As a huge music fan, I couldn't be more appreciative of those things. New people tend to show up and I guess I only hope they have his best intentions in mind, but I do question it sometimes. I guess it's not the easiest position to be in that way, but I just wish some things were handled differently and some people that had been there in the past were still around.

John is a really unique person though, I've never met anyone like him. He's sacrificed a lot to get where he is, and is a really, really hard worker. People see the video clips, etc. and think he's a goofball, which he is sometimes but man does he work his ass off. He's going to have an amazing career (it's already off to a great start), if you don't think the guy is talented, I don't know what to say, he's got an tremendous gift and I think his music will only get better and better.

PS- I'd be happy to see Neil or Bruce win also, I'm a big fan of both.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    aww vedward should win this! Such a lovely tune.. beautiful song and playing. My vote would go for "rise" fo SHO!
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,005
    I hope you don;t say John Mayer because that guy has one shit load of talent, just ask Clapton

LMAO!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    I hope you don;t say John Mayer because that guy has one shit load of talent, just ask Clapton

John Mayer is a hell of a talented guy, I love him, I totally think he belongs in that category. :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    In that case you are ignorant. And by that i mean uninformed. It really sucks that so many PJ fans are. 3 yrs ago when i was posting about KOL noone even KNEW who they were and all of a sudden opening for PJ and a new album mean they're the next big thing here, lol. you fickle fuckers

You really surprised to see people talking smack about John Mayer on a PJ board? He is a talented guitar player for sure, but the music he chooses to make with that talent is pretty bad IMHO (John Mayer Trio stuff highlights some of the great guitar work) - also I don't think the comparison with KOL is fair. Certainly won't see Mayer opening for PJ.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I was thrilled to see this nomination when I checked the list earlier today.
    Also thrilled to see not only KOL, but also MMJ and DCFC.
    And if you look through the full list of nominees, there are actually several strong categories this year. Glad to see it. Whether the truly deserving actually take anything home remains to be seen, of course...
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    nice work eddie, congrats!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    chimpat wrote:
    Well that's a tough call for me but I'd love to see Eddie win. The ITW album was a great piece of work and I'd love to see Ed get rewarded for it.

If you asked me six months ago, I'd probably say John. He and I used to be really good friends, I even went on tour with him for a bit this past summer. I guess you could say we don't see eye to eye anymore but I don't like the way he's handled some things on a personal level. I don't want to be overly negative because he's done some really cool things for me but we've definitely had our differences too.

It's really interesting growing up with someone that becomes famous. You've known them so long and don't really care about the fame, money, etc. The thing I've loved most has been the chance to see some special shows and meet some amazing artists (Buddy Guy, Neil Young, My Morning Jacket, Tony Bennett, etc.). As a huge music fan, I couldn't be more appreciative of those things. New people tend to show up and I guess I only hope they have his best intentions in mind, but I do question it sometimes. I guess it's not the easiest position to be in that way, but I just wish some things were handled differently and some people that had been there in the past were still around.

John is a really unique person though, I've never met anyone like him. He's sacrificed a lot to get where he is, and is a really, really hard worker. People see the video clips, etc. and think he's a goofball, which he is sometimes but man does he work his ass off. He's going to have an amazing career (it's already off to a great start), if you don't think the guy is talented, I don't know what to say, he's got an tremendous gift and I think his music will only get better and better.

PS- I'd be happy to see Neil or Bruce win also, I'm a big fan of both.

See I think people are confusing taste and talent.

He is not my cup of tea. Does that make him less talented because I do not prefer to listen him? Absolutely not. What the hell do I know? I just know what I like....it has nothing to do with his talent. Anyway, he is one hell of a guitarist.

I hate Eric Clapton's music. Does that mean he stinks? Hahahaha
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Danimal wrote:
    See I think people are confusing taste and talent.

He is not my cup of tea. Does that make him less talented because I do not prefer to listen him? Absolutely not. What the hell do I know? I just know what I like....it has nothing to do with his talent. Anyway, he is one hell of a guitarist.

I hate Eric Clapton's music. Does that mean he stinks? Hahahaha

I totally hear that, a lot of people dislike John's music. Doesn't bother me in the least.

I've just heard people in the past say that the guy has no talent, blah blah blah.....which is just a false statement. You can hate everything about him, but he is super talented.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    In that case you are ignorant. And by that i mean uninformed. It really sucks that so many PJ fans are. 3 yrs ago when i was posting about KOL noone even KNEW who they were and all of a sudden opening for PJ and a new album mean they're the next big thing here, lol. you fickle fuckers
    I like KOL but they're hardly in the legendary league yet! So that makes YOU slightly ignorant don't ya think? And by that I mean uninformed :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    jblagg wrote:
    I say John Mayer.

wrong answer
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    PJAMEDVED wrote:
    John Mayer is nothing more than a poop stain.

Wow, what great lyrics! I've never heard a song repeat the same fucking line 227 times in a fuckin row.

lol.
    This thread should get good now.
    Never heard Evacuation? lol
  • Options

wow!
    They get better with age!
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    I like KOL but they're hardly in the legendary league yet! So that makes YOU slightly ignorant don't ya think? And by that I mean uninformed :p
    Yet is the key word. In the past 15 yrs only 2 bands have excited me for more than one album the Kings of Leon and Sam Roberts, both of whom will be rickin out for another 15-20 yrs (hopefully)