EV Memphis 6/20 Pre-Party Fundraiser

Comments

• I'll be in town on Friday around noon. I am touring the school where the camp is being held early afternoon. I should be free to possibly meet up with some of you guys downtown 3ish til around 7 or 8. I have to pick up a friend later that night at the airport. Silky O'Sullivans is a good place. They have a huge outdoor area where a live band usally plays + their signature drink "The Diver" is a must!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Not sure what time we are heading back Sunday, we "might" be able to do something.

And Melissa I think I missed your call today, someone called from a number not in my contacts. Sorry the kids had my phone and didn't get it back to me before it stopped ringing. I'm here if you want to call later.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Mindi, if it was a 417 area code then it was me. I did try to call ya earlier. I'll try back in a bit. I have to go meet with some clients about their wedding picture proofs in a few.
    Mindi, if it was a 417 area code then it was me. I did try to call ya earlier. I'll try back in a bit. I have to go meet with some clients about their wedding picture proofs in a few.
    Yep it was. Ok I will keep my phone with me and not let the kids play pac man on it :lol:

ETA I am about to go run some errands and am leaving my phone with my kids. So call tomorrow or I am also going to pm you my husbands number if you do want to call tonight you can call his phone since I will be with him.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • I'll call you or your hubby's number tomorrow.
  • mnpjgrrlmnpjgrrl Posts: 38
    So, who all is staying in Memphis on Sunday & would possibly interested in taking the trip out to Graceland & taking the tour?

We aren't staying on Sunday but will be there the day before the show and probably looking for cool stuff to do.
    Graceland would be awesome and the Country Music Hall of Fame is right around the corner from the hotel... any one else spending the "off day" in Memphis?

Depends how much driving we wanna do on Sunday... we could maybe stick around for a little while on Sunday unless we're ready to just hit the road. Oh yeah... I see I didn't RSVP yet. Count me in for the preparty!
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    bump
    wednesday morning bump
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    We won't be around Sunday afternoon. I had originally planned on staying Sunday night, but then I remembered that Sunday was Father's Day so we will be going home. My Dad is 80.

Anyway, I am hopeful that we will get to Memphis on Friday (will have to see). It will be late afternoon or early evening, but that will give us time to hang out some in Memphis on Friday evening. Then maybe do something prior to the pre-party.

Melissa & Mindi, I will be glad to help at the pre-party as needed.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Good Morning! My plans for today are to call several people that I've sent emails for donations to & have yet to receive a reply from them. Wish me luck! The more things that are donated the more fun all will have. 10 daze! We're almost down to single digits!
  • Riverrunner,

We have 5 vols that are PJ fans & there's going to be 3 or 4 reps/vols representing the Delta Girls. I plan on arriving at the Hard Rock around 1ish. This way I can get some grub before the party. If you would like to help, please feel free. I have the feeling with the crazy "unraffle"/ give aways we're going to need all the help we can get.

The way the "unraffle"/ give away is going to work: People can give donations for tickets to be considered for the give away items as a: "Thank you for donating to the charity." When each person attending the preparty signs the guest book & gets their name tag they will recieve an "Unraffle" gift (this consists of an item that commemorates the Memphis pre-party & an item donated from New Orleans). As of now, I am unsure of what items will be "Thank you gifts" or silent/live auction items. I hope this is okay with the raffle police :)

Enjoy Sunday with your day! That's way better than a day in Memphis!
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    My suggestions:

The nicer more desirable items should be silent auction items.

The more common items should be unraffle items.

but only a suggestion.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • That is my plan. It would be nice to have at least 1 "more desirable" item in the "unraffle" to stimulate donations.
  • I spoke with a representative of Vandenberg Communications (PJ's PR People) today. She said it was highly likely the PJ would help with my requests for the Delta Girls since the items were of long term use to the camp. As for an item for the preparty.....she told me to call or email them early next week. Keep your fingers crossed!!
    I spoke with a representative of Vandenberg Communications (PJ's PR People) today. She said it was highly likely the PJ would help with my requests for the Delta Girls since the items were of long term use to the camp. As for an item for the preparty.....she told me to call or email them early next week. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Fingers and to toes crossed here. :)
  • I'm crossing everything I can! :D
    I'm crossing everything I can! :D

Interesting. :mrgreen:
  • You've gotta keep it interesting. If not, life can get very dull. You know Patrick.....sorta like da dullest "tool" in the shed.
    You've gotta keep it interesting. If not, life can get very dull. You know Patrick.....sorta like da dullest "tool" in the shed.
    8-)

Make sure you have some good walking shoes on at the party. Your gonna need them. :D
  • Thanks!

Eat before hand. CHECK
    Don't drink too much. CHECK
    Wear good walking shoes. CHECK
    Have fun & raise A LOT of money! DOUBLE CHECK
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    if you need more donations let me know, I can throw in a poster or something
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • KDH12, That would be great! Whatever you want to donate will be appreciated!

I think we're gonna end up with some great items!
    Melissa sorry I didn't call, summer is killing me! My kids must be bored or something. Today they decided to throw dishwater all over the kitchen floor :o there was seriously about 3 inches of water in there. Anyway I was not in a good mood.
    So call tomorrow, after 1 would be great or I can call if I don't hear from you. :mrgreen:
    I have had some people pm me about donations. Also I have 2 Eddie posters I got in Milwaukee. They aren't mint, but are in great condition, should I donate those? Think they would be good enough? I ended up buying them again when TC had them so I have doubles.
  • LOL on the water! The same thing happened to my best friend the last time I visited her.....only it was the sprayer on the kitchen sink. Awesome on the pm's for donations. Do what you want to do with your posters. If the poster isn't absolutely perfectly the flaw could possibly hidden during framing.

I've got a wire thingy on a frame with hinges to display some donated items & the Wishlist merch. The Hutchison school is loaning us 2 or 3 easels/displays for posters & Lamar's painting. I also am trying to get some large mylar portfolio inserts to display the other posters. I have a large portfolio we can put them in. I also picked up a couple of large red rectangular table clothes to cover the tables.

I'll try ya again tomorrow!
  • I just received a pm from kcherub (Nashville's organizer) regarding the Wishlist merch. She's donating a couple packs of guitar picks for the Delta Girls!
  • Cosmic SlopCosmic Slop Posts: 107
    A little over a week to GO! can't wait.
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    mindi wrote:
    I have had some people pm me about donations. Also I have 2 Eddie posters I got in Milwaukee. They aren't mint, but are in great condition, should I donate those? Think they would be good enough? I ended up buying them again when TC had them so I have doubles.

Yes, donate it because I want it. :)
    Can't wait!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • my wife and I plan on attending, so to RSVP is this all I need to do? i will take a look through my pj stuff and see if i have anything worth donating. cannot wait for the show!
  • MOOKIE55MOOKIE55 Posts: 74
    I will be there coming in from Boston! Had a great time in Albany the other night so looking forward to the trip!
    Mike
  • ArticAngel,

I may need your assistance. I have someone lined up to bring the Memphis WL merch from Nashville. As of this time I am unsure if we are actually going to be able to meet up on Friday. If things don't work as planned, would you be willing to bring the wishlist stuff from NashVegas to Memphis?