Options

EV Memphis 6/20 Pre-Party Fundraiser

Comments

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Elvis would wanna be at this pre-party. :)
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 719
    pearljim wrote:
    Ok I just got an e-mail from the Westin and attached was a seven day forecast: WED 97 sun, THUR 98 sun, FRI 97 sun and SAT 91 thunderstorms!!! I love the hot weather Melissa but can you do something about the thunderstorms please? :) I don't want to look like a drowned rat going into the Orpheum!

why the fuck does it have to rain on the days we will be there?

:x
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    Jim, I'll see what I can do about the thunderstorms :) We've gotten 8 ins of rain at my house since Sunday. The hot weather is going to be muggy & very humid. Be prepared! If anyone waited all day at Lolla 07 it will be very similiar to that (hot & sticky)

I'm currently working on our donation inventory. Mindi will be updating the first post in this thread sometime this evening with what we have as "Thank You" gifts/raffle items & what we are auctioning live & silently.

I also think that finding the ghost of Elvis would be easier than getting in touch with someone in charge of donations at Elvis Presley Enterprises!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    for those too lazy to look up weather....

High /
    Low (°F) Precip. %
    Thu
    Jun 18 Mostly Sunny 97°/75° 0 %
    Fri
    Jun 19 Partly Cloudy 97°/77° 10 %
    Sat
    Jun 20 Isolated T-Storms 95°/77° 30 %
    Sun
    Jun 21 Partly Cloudy 97°/77° 10 %
    Mon
    Jun 22 Isolated T-Storms 96°/78° 30 %
    Tue
    Jun 23 Mostly Sunny 93°/75° 10 %
    Wed
    Jun 24 Sunny 91°/74° 0 %
    Thu
    Jun 25 Sunny 93°/74° 0 %
    Fri
    Jun 26 Mostly Sunny 92°/74° 0 %

too summarize..... f'ing hot/humid!!!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    for those too lazy to look up weather....

High /
    Low (°F) Precip. %
    Thu
    Jun 18 Mostly Sunny 97°/75° 0 %
    Fri
    Jun 19 Partly Cloudy 97°/77° 10 %
    Sat
    Jun 20 Isolated T-Storms 95°/77° 30 %
    Sun
    Jun 21 Partly Cloudy 97°/77° 10 %
    Mon
    Jun 22 Isolated T-Storms 96°/78° 30 %
    Tue
    Jun 23 Mostly Sunny 93°/75° 10 %
    Wed
    Jun 24 Sunny 91°/74° 0 %
    Thu
    Jun 25 Sunny 93°/74° 0 %
    Fri
    Jun 26 Mostly Sunny 92°/74° 0 %

too summarize..... f'ing hot/humid!!!

oh cry us a river you little northern cali sissy :cry:
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    bostonmanbostonman Posts: 5
    See y'all there. We are coming up fromn Houston.
    98 Palm Beach
    00 Berlin, Palm Beach x2
    03 Vegas, Boston x2, Mountainview
    04 Boston x2
    05 Hamilton, St. John's Canada
    06 Toronto, Hartford, Brisbane
    07 Lollachicago
    08 Hartford, Boston x2
    09 ACL
    10 JazzFest, Bridge School Benefit
    11 - PJ20
    12 USA
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 719
    Hot & Humid is my kind of weather! 8-)
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    whitepants wrote:
    I LOVE Hot and Humid weather. I'll be wearing my 100 percent wool "Detroit" baseball jersey for the Memphis show. Gotta represent the D :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    this weather is really putting a damper on my body paint idea :cry:
  • Options
    bUMP :)
  • Options
    Good morning partiers! I didn't get the inventory to Mindi until this a.m. She will be updating the original post of this thread. Its very exciting! See y'all in 2 daze!

For all of you coming in from Detroit......GO CARDINALS!
  • Options
    Good morning partiers! I didn't get the inventory to Mindi until this a.m. She will be updating the original post of this thread. Its very exciting! See y'all in 2 daze!

Crew is still up one game on your Cardinals. I'm just saying. :)

What's even better is the Cubs are 4.5 back. hehe

Have a safe drive and a great party. :)
  • Options
    krymsinkrymsin Posts: 75
    whitepants wrote:

Welcome to the South, y'all!!!

Just remember -- the heat is all in the "mind," and the more clothes you shed, the better the breezes feel. :)

See y'all Sat'dee.
    If you hate something,
    Don't you do it, too.
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options

Crew is still up one game on your Cardinals. I'm just saying. :)

What's even better is the Cubs are 4.5 back. hehe

Have a safe drive and a great party. :)
    Just wait til Oct., my friend. I like the Cubs being that far back :)
  • Options
    bUMP
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    What Elvis cover do you think we'll hear? It'll most likely be can't help falling... but i'm really hoping for My Way!

Daniel
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:
    What Elvis cover do you think we'll hear? It'll most likely be can't help falling... but i'm really hoping for My Way!

Daniel

It's gonna be a good show. Have a great time Dan. :)
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel
    Little Sister? :)
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel

Thanks Patrick! My first E.V. show so I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully its not his last solo tour.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel

Forgot about that one! That would be nice too 8-)
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel

Vegas 2006 they did a great version of that. :)
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel

Thanks Patrick! My first E.V. show so I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully its not his last solo tour.

Enjoy my friend. :)
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel
    PJ did an awesome version of "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" in Memphis in 2000.

I think Ed would do a great version of "Heartbreak Hotel"
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel
    PJ did an awesome version of "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" in Memphis in 2000.

I think I've heard that boot. That was a fast punky version right? I liked it a lot.
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel

I think I've heard that boot. That was a fast punky version right? I liked it a lot.
    Yes it was. Ed even put on a jacket & a pair of gold "Elvis" shades for the song.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Yes it was. Ed even put on a jacket & a pair of gold "Elvis" shades for the song.

That was my very first PJ concert. I started rather late in life due to being poor and many years of schooling.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    This was an awesome 1st show for you! One of the most underrated shows of the tour & under attended.
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    I'm going to go ahead and get this started. Ozarkcoolchic is organizing this and I am going to be helping out. So if you have any questions or want to donate anything to the raffle you can pm one of us or email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:mindi_d@sbcglobal.net">mindi_d@sbcglobal.net</a><!-- e -->
    And I c&p this from the Maui posts because they did it so nicely :mrgreen:

Organized by
    ozarkcoolchic-Melissa

Volunteers:
    mindi

Date:
    Saturday June 20

Time:
    2:30-5:30

Where:
    Hard Rock Cafe Memphis
    315 Beale St.
    Memphis, TN 38103

Beneficiary
    Delta Girls Rock Camp

Fundraiser Gifts w/Donations:
    EV pick t-shirts
    Wristbands
    Stadium cups
    Stickers
    Keychains
    Mousepads
    Wishlist art prints
    EV pick ticket albums

Fundraiser Raffle Items: List is slightly different since we can't hold a raffle, so bear with us. Melissa typed this all up so I am going to just copy and paste her list.
    r="Thank you gift" raffle item
    a=auction item

sun studio: tshirts & hats will be split & each will be individually R the admissions to the museum will be broken into 2 prs for 2 R

ozarkcoolchic: chicago II 06 ames poster (r) cleveland 06 ames poster (r) 8x10 framed foto of Ed in kitchener 05 (a)

mindi: batman (a), other ev poster (a), zippo (r)

PearlJim: Cultivate the tour cd (r) s&n bonaroo poster (a) i am yet unsure what the other poster he's donating not sure if its a or r

darkstar: chicago 03 poster (a)

iwasthere: Gorge II 06 ames poster (R)

patrickredeyes: 03 blue tour T size xl (r), 08 black Klausen tour T sz xl (r). 06 tour pin set (r), fanclub pin set (r), ev 08 west coast pin & sticker set ( r), assortment of stickers 4-6 (r)

cosmicslop: Klausen LA 06 poster (a)

Lamar Sorrento: 14x18 original painting commissioned for our event (a)

articangel: 6 cd boots from 98-06 split into 3 (r's)

Blind3: autographed Doors lyrics (a)

jlew34asu: poster or posters to be brought to the event

KingJeremy: ?

kdh12: ?

hbr3166: ?

EV black trucker hat-donated by Giacometti (a)

Raffle Ticket Donation Prices:
    3 tickets for $5
    8 tickets for $10

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed:
    If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please send a PM!

Also we will be collecting any old instruments or music gear that you might want to donate to the Delta Girls Rock Camp.

RSVP:
    Mindi and hubby(Ken)
    jlew24asu
    scb
    pearljim
    whitepants
    Riverrunner (Gina) and husband (Butch)
    krymsin
    oldestpjfan
    Lov2rock
    Turnmyworldtoblack
    KingJeremy
    pearljamfan99 and wife
    Brian and Carmen Soucie
    WindNoSail
    mnpjgrrl
    hbk3166
    MOOKIE55
    JM17407 +1
    bostonman

Mindi has updated the first post with all of our donations for "Unraffle" & auction. Some of the auction items will be live and others silent.

CHECK IT OUT!

Has everyone dusted off those blue suede shoes & drug the Elvis jumpsuit out of their closets yet?
  • Options
    sun studio: tshirts & hats will be split & each will be individually R the admissions to the museum will be broken into 2 prs for 2 R

ozarkcoolchic: chicago II 06 ames poster (r) cleveland 06 ames poster (r) 8x10 framed foto of Ed in kitchener 05 (a)

mindi: batman (a), other ev poster (a), zippo (r)

PearlJim: Cultivate the tour cd (r) s&n bonaroo poster (a) i am yet unsure what the other poster he's donating not sure if its a or r

darkstar: chicago 03 poster (a)

iwasthere: Gorge II 06 ames poster (R)

patrickredeyes: 03 blue tour T size xl (r), 08 black Klausen tour T sz xl (r). 06 tour pin set (r), fanclub pin set (r), ev 08 west coast pin & sticker set ( r), assortment of stickers 4-6 (r)

cosmicslop: Klausen LA 06 poster (a)

Lamar Sorrento: 14x18 original painting commissioned for our event (a)

articangel: 6 cd boots from 98-06 split into 3 (r's)

Blind3: autographed Doors lyrics (a)

jlew34asu: poster or posters to be brought to the event

EV black trucker hat-donated by Giacometti (a)

Look at all those KICK ASS raffle/auction items. WOW!!!!! :)