Options

EV Memphis 6/20 Pre-Party Fundraiser

Comments

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    There are SO many choices! I like Dave's, Silky's, The Rum Boogie, & BB Kings. Dave's & Silky's have huge outdoor areas. BB's always has some great live music. The Rum Boogie is always fun..... but, small.

Darn I wanna go. :cry:

But I have to keep eye on the bigger picture. Gonna surprise my dad and that will be wonderful. But still Memphis and a Ed show. Hmmmm lol :)
  • Options
    STLJOESTLJOE St. Louis, MO Posts: 132
    If the line at the bar is anything like it was in Santa Barbara we will all have sobered up by the time the show is over. Bring on the after-party!
    3/14/94; 4/22/03; 7/9/03; 10/5/04; 5/17/06; 8/2/07; 8/5/07; 8/23/09; 5/4/10; 5/9/10; 5/20/10; 5/21/10; 9/3/11; 9/4/11; 9/2/12; 9/21/12; 7/19/13; 11/15/13; 11/16/13; 12/4/13; 12/6/13
  • Options
    Good morning! Not many updates this a.m. I did email Brad Klausen over the weekend. Since it appears that he's donating to other parties.....I thought he might have something for us. Also, my friend, darkstar from the Detroit area, is donating his Chicago 03 poster. Thanks Darkstar! This is all that's new for now. 5 daze!!! See y'all soon!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    Good morning! Not many updates this a.m. I did email Brad Klausen over the weekend. Since it appears that he's donating to other parties.....I thought he might have something for us. Also, my friend, darkstar from the Detroit area, is donating his Chicago 03 poster. Thanks Darkstar! This is all that's new for now. 5 daze!!! See y'all soon!

Awesome donation. :)
  • Options
    I looked at Mapquest and it looks like everything is within walking distance (Hard Rock, The Orpheum, Beale Street, Westin) so no need to worry about drinking and driving. Bring on the after parties!
    3/14/94; 4/22/03; 7/9/03; 10/5/04; 5/17/06; 8/2/07; 8/5/07; 8/23/09; 5/4/10; 5/9/10; 5/20/10; 5/21/10; 9/3/11; 9/4/11; 9/2/12; 9/21/12; 7/19/13; 11/15/13; 11/16/13; 12/4/13; 12/6/13
  • Options
    I just found out that Lamar Sorrento has finished our painting. I should receive a photo of this in the next few hours or so......

Also, The Hot Pink Paperclips will be doing a 3 song set for us. This is the camper band I've mentioned previously. They've been working very hard to impress us. Be prepared to get your socks rocked off!
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Bump. :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Can someone PLEEEEASE pick me up a Large Memphis shirt? I'll gladly pay cost plus shipping plus a little extra for your trouble. Please?? I would seriously love you forever
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Anyone watch gene simmons family jewels last night? episode in Memphis!!! Looks like we are staying in a killer hotel (Westin).... many kiss asses to ozark.... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Can someone PLEEEEASE pick me up a Large Memphis shirt? I'll gladly pay cost plus shipping plus a little extra for your trouble. Please?? I would seriously love you forever
    I can try if you want me to.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Anyone watch gene simmons family jewels last night? episode in Memphis!!! Looks like we are staying in a killer hotel (Westin).... many kiss asses to ozark.... ;)

Like Melissa would pick a crappy hotel for all of you to stay in while in Memphis? lol :D

She rocks and this party is gonna kick ass too. :)

Oh and I'm sure Ed will be good too. :):):)
  • Options
    Cosmic SlopCosmic Slop Posts: 107
    I can't believe I'm flying to Memphis in a few days bump.
  • Options
    First class all the way baby! That's the way I roll!
    :)
  • Options
    I love my postal worker!! I just opened my front door & a poster tube fell in! I'm so glad that my postal worker walked to my front door in the torrential down pour to leave the tube on my porch! Inside the tube is the Klausen LA 06 poster. In doing a bit of research.....I think this is going to be a live auction item! 4 daze!

I'm just hoping all this stuff will fit in my VW!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Oh hey Dan, you still going to ACL right?

Yeah, plan right now is to just do the third day until PJ announces the rest of its shows. Still hoping for shows in Dallas and Houston.

Daniel
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Bump :)
  • Options
    Double bump
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    I love my postal worker!! I just opened my front door & a poster tube fell in! I'm so glad that my postal worker walked to my front door in the torrential down pour to leave the tube on my porch! Inside the tube is the Klausen LA 06 poster. In doing a bit of research.....I think this is going to be a live auction item! 4 daze!

I'm just hoping all this stuff will fit in my VW!

You might have to get one of those little u-haul trailers ;)

Thinking about it... it sounds like heaven! A trailer full of PJ stuffs. Yum!! :mrgreen:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    LOL! I can see my beetle pulling a uhaul.....it does tell a towing max cap inside my gas cap.

My mom is bringing her mini van in on Sat. morning with what I can't carry. Yay Mom!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I will be in Nashville tomorrow with a friend and driving home Thursday morning (decided to stay all night). The hubby (Butch) and I will be leaving Metropolis for Memphis sometime on Friday. I hope to get there early enough on Friday to enjoy some down time in Memphis.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    bUMP
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    We are also working with Lamar Sorrento, Memphis Folk Artist, on the possibility of him doing a painting for the preparty. Here's his link http://www.lamarsorrento.com He's done work for Neil Young & Keith Richards amongst many other known names.

See y'all on Beale very soon!

Good evening everyone!

I just got an e-mail from Melissa with Lamar's painting of Eddie. The painting is approximately 14" by 18". Melissa, great job on scoring this for the preparty!

vedder.jpg

veddguit.jpg

Can't believe Memphis is only a few days away! Ed's setlists keep getting better and better!

Daniel
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Thanks Daniel for helping with my technical difficulties!
  • Options
    Thanks Daniel for helping with my technical difficulties!

Ladies and gentlemen one of the hardest working WL helpers of all time. :D
  • Options
    Cosmic SlopCosmic Slop Posts: 107
    I love the painting.

I can't wait to meet everyone there. I'm so focused on meeting everyone, and helping out with the fundraiser that I have to keep reminding myself that right after we get to see EDDIE! :D
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm in for the party and show. Heading down to Nashville today for tomorrows show, then on to Memphis. Don't have anything PJ related to donate , but have framed lyrics to The Doors "Love Her Madly" autographed by Ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger ; both of whom played a couple Doors songs with Ed in LA several , or more, years ago. Hope this donation is acceptable.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Blind3 wrote:
    I'm in for the party and show. Heading down to Nashville today for tomorrows show, then on to Memphis. Don't have anything PJ related to donate , but have framed lyrics to The Doors "Love Her Madly" autographed by Ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger ; both of whom played a couple Doors songs with Ed in LA several , or more, years ago. Hope this donation is acceptable.

Cool gift.

As for my gifts I have a Bonnaroo poster from last year S/N and a Ward Sutton 11-18-06 poster along with my Cultivate the Tour cd. Hope to dig up some more things.................
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Blind3, That is an awesome donation. And, I'm pretty positive that it won't be the only alternant musician item. I've heard we have some local Memphis musicians donating items to the cause. Plus, Kate Crowder, of Two Way Radio & "$5 Cover", is trying to round up items from other musicians & bands that appeared in "$5 Cover". Kate is one of the co-directors of the camp & will be in atendance on Saturday. If anyone has no idea what "$5 Cover" is.....its an MTV series based on the Memphis music scene. I got hooked on it back around the 1st of May. Its possibly the best show that MTV has had in 10 years. MTV does have webisodes at mtv.com CHECK IT OUT!
    Jim, Holy Cow!!! You don't need to look for anything else. I think what you've got for donations are awesome! Thank you so much!

Also, it rumored that a fan maybe donating there 05 HOB poster :) I talked with this person yesterday. And, she said that she really wasn't attached to it.....it's just finding it.

I watched the "Family Jewels" episode in Memphis, yesterday. I think its quite a coincidence that aired just a few days before we all get into Memphis. Its kinda like getting a travel dvd just before you go somewhere :)

Also, on Saturday at 1pm......before the party & before Sat. check in at the Westin. The Memphis & Shelby County Music Commission is holding a free concert in Handy Park (just across the street from the Hard Rock) The concert is called Generation Next & its showcasing Memphis' up & coming young musicians. So, this is right in line with the Delta Girls & the commission is promoting our preparty along with the concert.

3 more days! See y'all there!
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Ok I just got an e-mail from the Westin and attached was a seven day forecast: WED 97 sun, THUR 98 sun, FRI 97 sun and SAT 91 thunderstorms!!! I love the hot weather Melissa but can you do something about the thunderstorms please? :) I don't want to look like a drowned rat going into the Orpheum!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I got that email too. Seems I am bringing my local weather down there. We have had severe thunderstorms and flash flooding for a few weeks now.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy