purses at shows....

SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
is it REALLY neccessary??!! i mean, what could you POSSIBLY need to carry a purse for to a G.A show! If u wear it like a messenger bag, cool. But if its hangin off your shoulder.....WHY!!!! This has bothered me for a while. I HATE rockin out at shows only to have a freakin chick nexxxt to me with a big damn purse CHAFFING MY ARM!!! And worse, wouldnt u worry about it getting pulled off your arm at a show? im interested in hearing your opinions. and this is TOTALLY random but...i can hear the fireworks going off at DISNEYLAND right now!!! :D
~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I cant stand having a purse with me at shows.. I am always so worried about it, and hate having it hit people.. I feel like they would kill me.. I know I'd be shooting some chick dirty looks if her bag was all up on me all night.. I try to keep it to a little tiny wristlet thinger so that it doesn't touch anyone, but I don't risk losing my credit card/ID and phone in my pocket.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    SENROCK! wrote:
    is it REALLY neccessary??!! i mean, what could you POSSIBLY need to carry a purse for to a G.A show! If u wear it like a messenger bag, cool. But if its hangin off your shoulder.....WHY!!!! This has bothered me for a while. I HATE rockin out at shows only to have a freakin chick nexxxt to me with a big damn purse CHAFFING MY ARM!!! And worse, wouldnt u worry about it getting pulled off your arm at a show? im interested in hearing your opinions. and this is TOTALLY random but...i can hear the fireworks going off at DISNEYLAND right now!!! :D
    usually i wear one messenger bag style across my shoulder....but a few times but only because i had my camera in it, and by no means was it a nice purse..more like a bag to hold shit i bought in.(small enough to keep to keep to myself) :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    SENROCK! wrote:
    .i can hear the fireworks going off at DISNEYLAND right now!!! :D

when i was at chapman, we would occasionally hear the fireworks....:D
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    As a male, I don't like even having my wallet on me. If I do, I shove it in a front pocket or something.

I think the same thing goes for backpacks though. Do you really need to be up front with a pair of shoes, 5 water bottles, and a SLR camera in your bag? :confused:
    NERDS!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I cant stand having a purse with me at shows.. I am always so worried about it, and hate having it hit people.. I feel like they would kill me.. I know I'd be shooting some chick dirty looks if her bag was all up on me all night.. I try to keep it to a little tiny wristlet thinger so that it doesn't touch anyone, but I don't risk losing my credit card/ID and phone in my pocket.
    EXXXACTLY. why risk losing stuff? and SEEEERIOUSLY. on my birthday me and gotz_id went to a show on sunset at the key club. it was freakin PACKED in there. This chick was standing nexxxt to me and she was cool. All of a sudden, the show starts and i feel this thing hitting my arm. i look over and its her damn purse that was HUGE and OPEN. i thought ok she'll move it. oh no. no. she kept it on MY SIDE all night and tried rockin out WITH A PURSE!!!! i wanted to punch her in the jaw!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

As a male, I don't like even having my wallet on me. If I do, I shove it in a front pocket or something.

I think the same thing goes for backpacks though. Do you really need to be up front with a pair of shoes, 5 water bottles, and a SLR camera in your bag? :confused:

thats right homeboy. theres ZERO need for all those things. your id and cash is enough. ME, becuz im not your "regular" chick, i refuse to carry a purse. at shows i carry my id, duckets, and SANITIZER!!!! if i need anything else, i just use my pockets!

usually i wear one messenger bag style across my shoulder....but a few times but only because i had my camera in it, and by no means was it a nice purse..more like a bag to hold shit i bought in.(small enough to keep to keep to myself) :)

camera yes. and yeah, carry a bag that can take a beating! not a freakin coach or bag with diamonds and stuff. damn chicks! :D

• SENROCK! wrote:

Hahaha its a good thing I stay away from the Masters side at shows. For GA I try not to carry a purse. I used to consider it a necessity when I had an old school camera that required film. The purse was necessary to get the camera in and once there hold my film (plus anything I bought at the merch stand).
    For the San Fran shows...the 2 times I was on the rail I left my purse in the car cause I know it was going to be too crowded for a purse and changing film. The Vic I had one but I know I wasn't going to be as squished as a normal GA show so I brought my purse...this was more cause I had nowhere to put it during the show as I needed the wallet and stuff in it for the line outside not to mention after so I didn't wanna lock it in a car .

To answer your question I bring it when I need to sneak a camera in cause it has some pouches not easily seen and my digital is too big to hide between my girls (used to do that with my old school).
    That said Sen...when I did/do bring a purse I put it in the floor by my feet if I'm on the rail...or if security is cool, put it on the other side of the rail. I try to be respectful of my fellow jammers. Not to mention it pisses me off...gets in my way as much as it does people around me hahaha.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    cutback wrote:
    when i was at chapman, we would occasionally hear the fireworks....:D
    that is AWESOME!!! i commented on the fireworks becuz disneyland is my FAVORITE place to be besides the beach. And fireworks, if u know me you kow they make SEN! really really happy like a kid on christmas morning with lotsa toys!!! :D

• roarroar Posts: 1,116
    i agree with all of you...shouldn't bring a MONSTER purse with you...

but if you're going to a show or a game with a group of girls, i gotta admit, it's pretty nice when someone volunteers to bring along their purse to hold everyone's stuff... just sucks to be THAT girl. :P
    Hahaha its a good thing I stay away from the Masters side at shows. For GA I try not to carry a purse. I used to consider it a necessity when I had an old school camera that required film. The purse was necessary to get the camera in and once there hold my film (plus anything I bought at the merch stand).
    For the San Fran shows...the 2 times I was on the rail I left my purse in the car cause I know it was going to be too crowded for a purse and changing film. The Vic I had one but I know I wasn't going to be as squished as a normal GA show so I brought my purse...this was more cause I had nowhere to put it during the show as I needed the wallet and stuff in it for the line outside not to mention after so I didn't wanna lock it in a car .

To answer your question I bring it when I need to sneak a camera in cause it has some pouches not easily seen and my digital is too big to hide between my girls (used to do that with my old school).
    That said Sen...when I did/do bring a purse I put it in the floor by my feet if I'm on the rail...or if security is cool, put it on the other side of the rail. I try to be respectful of my fellow jammers. Not to mention it pisses me off...gets in my way as much as it does people around me hahaha.
    yeah when WE are on the rail at shows ;) its almost always possible to place your purse on the steps in front of the rail or something. SF, there was a chick there on night one that got on my damn nerves! she hadd like this silk top on with sweaty pits THEN she raised her arms to wave to ed and her purse flung from her arm and hit the side of my face! when the nexxxt song started, and it got crazy, i freakin SHOVED her over to the center HARD. :D

If I brought my purse with me to shows, I could probably have you ride in it Sen.. its so freaking large. And I've seen girls at shows with purses as big as mine.. Why on earth would you need that? I can carry my laptop and charger and everything and still zip it up.. There is nothing I'd bring to a show that I could possibly benefit from having that purse.

I could bring a small child with me, I guess!
    roar wrote:
    i agree with all of you...shouldn't bring a MONSTER purse with you...

but if you're going to a show or a game with a group of girls, i gotta admit, it's pretty nice when someone volunteers to bring one along their purse to hold everyone's stuff... just sucks to be THAT girl. :P
    hahahahaha pjpixxxie is ALLLWAYS carrying a purse. a messenger type purse. everytime we go out im like 'here can u put my stuff in your purse?!' :D its awesome for ME. ;)

SENROCK! wrote:
    yeah when WE are on the rail at shows ;) its almost always possible to place your purse on the steps in front of the rail or something. SF, there was a chick there on night one that got on my damn nerves! she hadd like this silk top on with sweaty pits THEN she raised her arms to wave to ed and her purse flung from her arm and hit the side of my face! when the nexxxt song started, and it got crazy, i freakin SHOVED her over to the center HARD. :D
    it's always fun to use the energy of the song to take out ur aggressions!!!
  • I either don't take one or I take a small one with a long strap to wear like a messenger bag. I like to dance and wave my arms so carrying a purse would be too cumbersome. I don't like to have to worry about it.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hahahahaha pjpixxxie is ALLLWAYS carrying a purse. a messenger type purse. everytime we go out im like 'here can u put my stuff in your purse?!' :D its awesome for ME. ;)

exactly. :)
    If I brought my purse with me to shows, I could probably have you ride in it Sen.. its so freaking large. And I've seen girls at shows with purses as big as mine.. Why on earth would you need that? I can carry my laptop and charger and everything and still zip it up.. There is nothing I'd bring to a show that I could possibly benefit from having that purse.

I could bring a small child with me, I guess!
    :eek: yes, WHY!!!!!! is it a fashion statement? do guys LIKE that? does it make them look "hott"??? jeeze! so far theres good answers in here. :)

HELL YES!!!! :D it just looks natural ya know? ;)

I either don't take one or I take a small one with a long strap to wear like a messenger bag. I like to dance and wave my arms so carrying a purse would be too cumbersome. I don't like to have to worry about it.
    YESSSSS. the arms in the air i.e 'arms wide open with the sea as his floor', HOW are ya gonna do that with a huge purse hangin off your arm! FREEDOM=NO PURSE!!!

I broke another persons nose by using Sen's strategy once. It was a reverse headbutt. Some dude was wasted standing right behind me and started licking my neck. So when the Music was right, he got a nice bash in the face from the back of my head :)
    NERDS!
    I broke another persons nose by using Sen's strategy once. It was a reverse headbutt. Some dude was wasted standing right behind me and started licking my neck. So when the Music was right, he got a nice bash in the face from the back of my head :)

shut UP... he licked the back of your neck?! GAG!

good for you!
    shut UP... he licked the back of your neck?! GAG!

good for you!

It was disgusting. I mean he was obviously hammered, but hey, don't lick another man's neck. I mean if it was a cute girl I would have been a little more polite :)
    NERDS!
    It was disgusting. I mean he was obviously hammered, but hey, don't lick another man's neck. I mean if it was a cute girl I would have been a little more polite :)

oh my god, excuse my ignorance, but I totally thought you were a girl..

HAHAHAHAHAHA.. now the story is that much better!
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    YESSSSS. the arms in the air i.e 'arms wide open with the sea as his floor', HOW are ya gonna do that with a huge purse hangin off your arm! FREEDOM=NO PURSE!!!

Exactly :) and I love that you quoted Given To Fly, that is perfect ;)
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
    ohhhhhhh SNAP!!!! that is freakin GANGSTER right there-lickin the back of your NECK????? WOWWWW. i love the pit action at shows :D
    there was a guy at a korn show one time that kept trying to kiss my neck. i was like EW! when i see korn, im all over the pit and there to rock hard. so this guy decides he's gonna stand behind me and try to be all over me. he put his arms around me and i started headbangin' SICK and my hair was flying and then i threw my head back HARD and hit him in the face. :D he was like damn...you rock out hardcore....youre hott meet me after the show. :eek:

oh my god, excuse my ignorance, but I totally thought you were a girl..

:eek:

I'd be one Bad-Ass chick though.
    NERDS!
    ok but even DRUNK, licking another guys neck is a big PHAT NO!!!! hahaha and im gonna say u handled it well! :)

one neck lick = one reverse head butt (it's common knowledge...he should of known)
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    I either don't take one or I take a small one with a long strap to wear like a messenger bag. I like to dance and wave my arms so carrying a purse would be too cumbersome. I don't like to have to worry about it.

I take a little small one with a long strap that i wear like a messenger bag because i have medications that I have to carry with me. even though it's tiny i've still had people give me dirty looks for having it on me
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Exactly :) and I love that you quoted Given To Fly, that is perfect ;)
    besides The Master throwin down, that part of given to fly is my favorite at shows cuz everyone does it! i LOVE pearl jam!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! :D