purses at shows....

Comments

• roarroar Posts: 1,116
    :eek:

I'd be one Bad-Ass chick though.

you are pretty girly...
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    prism wrote:
    I take a little small one with a long strap that i wear like a messenger bag because i have medications that I have to carry with me. even though it's tiny i've still had people give me dirty looks for having it on me
    ok THAT is acceptable. if u have to u have to. its not neccessary to carry a large duffel bag to a show! youre wise in wearing it messenger style. another thing; the chicks with HUGE purses. HOW many TIMES do they even OPEN their purse to get something out???? NOT EVER!!!!! whats the point!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    roar wrote:
    you are pretty girly...
    Thanks Man ;)
    NERDS!
    Thanks Man ;)

haha! band named after you, pretty boy.

edit: "hip hop ensemble"
    roar wrote:
    you are pretty girly...
    hahaha that aint right!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Ok, I'm playing amateur psychiatrist here. Maybe carrying the big purses is like a security blanket for them. I've known a lot of women that like to carry everything but the kitchen sink. Maybe they just cant stand to be without. Maybe they don't use a smaller purse because they can't decide what to put in it and what to leave at home.

The more I read this thread the more curious I'm getting. What is the point?

As for South of Seattle getting your neck licked. LOL! But seriously, you handled it a lot better than I would have. Nice.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hahaha that aint right!

It ain't right is right. :)

I'll get my revenge ;)
    NERDS!
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Ok, I'm playing amateur psychiatrist here. Maybe carrying the big purses is like a security blanket for them. I've known a lot of women that like to carry everything but the kitchen sink. Maybe they just cant stand to be without. Maybe they don't use a smaller purse because they can't decide what to put in it and what to leave at home.

As for South of Seattle getting your neck licked. LOL! But seriously, you handled it a lot better than I would have. Nice.

do you mean what is the point of ever having a huge purse, or just at shows?
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    The ONLY show I'll bring a large bag to is the Bridge, because it is like 7 hours long outside and I can store it under the seat. :) You can bring food into the show, so my friends and I do. Plus, it is usually very warm when we arrive but FREEZING when we leave so I need extra layers lol.

Any other show, I couldn't agree more. I usually wear cargo pants to put my stuff or a small bag to wear messenger bag style (and keep the bag part in the front so it doesn't hit anyone).

But I agree, it would be quite annoying to have someone's purse keep hitting you. :mad:

I'll get my revenge ;)

in THE PIT at the nexxxt show!!! :D

SEE??????!!!!!!

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i try to bring the smallest bag with just the essentials and then keep it under my seat by my feet or around in front of me if it;s a ga dealie, not just for my neighbor's comfort but my own too....i hate carrying around tons of stuff!

I'll get my revenge ;)

just don't lick the back of my neck, girly.
  • do you mean what is the point of ever having a huge purse, or just at shows?

Good question. I was referring to just at shows since that's what the thread is about. But now that you mentioned it, big purses can be annoying anywhere.
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Good question. I was referring to just at shows since that's what the thread is about. But now that you mentioned it, big purses can be annoying anywhere.

okay then I am an offender.. But seriously! I use it to carry my laptop when I go outside, because if I dropped it, I'd be one sad puppy..

and I also use it as my gym bag.. haha.. I may be the only girl that carries gym shoes in a coach bag..
  • okay then I am an offender.. But seriously! I use it to carry my laptop when I go outside, because if I dropped it, I'd be one sad puppy..

and I also use it as my gym bag.. haha.. I may be the only girl that carries gym shoes in a coach bag..

Sounds like you have a good reason for being an offender! It's not like you have 8 oz bottles of hand lotion, tons of make up, big can of hairspray, etc.
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,326
    I haven't read every post in this string BUT.... hair is worse than a purse.

Carry a purse as big as a bus but FLICK YOUR HAIR all over me and we have a problem.

Peace and Love and Pearl Jam.

:):/
    i try to bring the smallest bag with just the essentials and then keep it under my seat by my feet or around in front of me if it;s a ga dealie, not just for my neighbor's comfort but my own too....i hate carrying around tons of stuff!

carrying too much stuff is uncalled for. ESPECIALLY at shows!!! come to think of it, chicks with huge purses are the ones holding up the line to get in!!!!!! :eek: they gotta set their purse up on the table and let security search it! DAMMIT!!!!

I haven't read every post in this string BUT.... hair is worse than a purse.

Carry a purse as big as a bus but FLICK YOUR HAIR all over me and we have a problem.

Peace and Love and Pearl Jam.

:):/

there was a chick in SF that TOTALLY flung her hair around and it hadd so much gel or hairspray that it irritated my eye and i got pink eye the nexxxt day! :eek:

okay then I am an offender.. But seriously! I use it to carry my laptop when I go outside, because if I dropped it, I'd be one sad puppy..

hahaha that is GREAT!!!! im not into purses but my brother felt the needto get me a coach purse. oneday i needed a bag for my paintbrushes and stuff so i used that one! :eek: he was PISSED and said DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THAT????? i was like oops! :D

SENROCK! wrote:
    carrying too much stuff is uncalled for. ESPECIALLY at shows!!! come to think of it, chicks with huge purses are the ones holding up the line to get in!!!!!! :eek: they gotta set their purse up on the table and let security search it! DAMMIT!!!!
    exactly! the more stuff you have the longer it takes to get into the building. fuck that! i don't like to carry much stuff as a general rule anyway, and when it comes to a show i empty my purse out even more and just bring the essentials, ID cash and ticket, and camera if allowed :)
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    exactly! the more stuff you have the longer it takes to get into the building. fuck that! i don't like to carry much stuff as a general rule anyway, and when it comes to a show i empty my purse out even more and just bring the essentials, ID cash and ticket, and camera if allowed :)
    i'm always good to go with bag unzipped and things in hand...all they have to do is look inside and I walk right in.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    i'm always good to go with bag unzipped and things in hand...all they have to do is look inside and I walk right in.
    same here, makes it easier for everybody including oneself
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I remember being at the front for a show (not PJ) and behind me was this girl all decked out for a night in the town. HIGH HEELS!!! I kid you not! WTF??!
    All perfect hair and make up, huge bag, everything.

Just in front of her were two kids, rocking out a nd really getting into it and the kept standing all over her Jimmy Choos so she got her boyfriend to shove them around a bit. They were all of 15 yrs old. Fuckin bitch :(
    If you can't handle it then don't go down there.

And if it can't fit in your pocket at a show, you probably don't need it. :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    :eek:

I'd be one Bad-Ass chick though.

:D
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,823
    I've never really understood the need for huge purses full of crap in a lot of places, not just concerts.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    No purses at most shows. Phone in 1 pocket, credit card, id and cash, and car key if necessary in the the other, hotel card-key in back pocket. Who wants to be worried that they'll lose stuff? If I need more pockets I wear the jeans jacket.

I had a little backpack at lolla though, and other outdoor situations because you need sunscreen and water. But I don't get the bag in peoples' faces - I'll usually try to stash it behind some barricade that I stand near or something.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I never bring my purse to shows. I shove my license, some money and what ever else I need in my pockets. Maybe have my hubby or friend help me out.

But speaking of purses, I have a little bag and it's perfect. It fits just what I need. My wallet, checkbook, cell phone, gum and my financial calculator. Tightly might I add, but it's perfect.

My sister got me a new Coach bag (she's really into Name shit) for Christmas. Which was super nice and generous don't get me wrong. But the thing is like a Mary Poppins Carpet Bag. I could kill someone with the thing. I'm not sure what to do with it. It's Billy Fucillio HUGE!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • I dunno, I take a purse sometimes, sometimes not. I don't think it's ever bothered anyone. I usually only carry small bags. my pockets are never big enough for my phone and my keys.
  • I never bring my purse to shows. I shove my license, some money and what ever else I need in my pockets. Maybe have my hubby or friend help me out.

But speaking of purses, I have a little bag and it's perfect. It fits just what I need. My wallet, checkbook, cell phone, gum and my financial calculator. Tightly might I add, but it's perfect.

My sister got me a new Coach bag (she's really into Name shit) for Christmas. Which was super nice and generous don't get me wrong. But the thing is like a Mary Poppins Carpet Bag. I could kill someone with the thing. I'm not sure what to do with it. It's Billy Fucillio HUGE!

well I think that's what you consider a "bag" rather than a purse. I have a huge-ass shoulder bag I take to work because I carry pretty much my life with me for the day.