purses at shows....

1356

Comments

  • SENROCK! wrote:
    is it REALLY neccessary??!! i mean, what could you POSSIBLY need to carry a purse for to a G.A show! If u wear it like a messenger bag, cool. But if its hangin off your shoulder.....WHY!!!! This has bothered me for a while. I HATE rockin out at shows only to have a freakin chick nexxxt to me with a big damn purse CHAFFING MY ARM!!! And worse, wouldnt u worry about it getting pulled off your arm at a show? im interested in hearing your opinions. and this is TOTALLY random but...i can hear the fireworks going off at DISNEYLAND right now!!! :D

    I never really noticed, I guess I was too busy looking at their cleavage.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,968
    i ALWAYS have a purse with me. i like to have my stuff. granted, i carry a small bag, not one that you could smuggle children in with. for shows, i usually scale down even more if it's GA. it is ALWAYS a shoulder bag that i wear across my body, messenger-style...so i don't have to carry it. but yes, i rather have my wallet, camera, phone and whatever else i want in a bag rather than pockets b/c firstly, i hate shit in my pockets, and secondly...i feel it is far safer from loss in a bg than my pocket. i know for the italian shows i carried a very small spray bottle filled with water and my neighbors around be LOVED me b/c it was soooooo feckin' hot now and again i 'misted' myself and anyone who wanted it...and it really helped keep us all cool! also, before/after many gigs...i may go somewhere, and i like to have lipstick or whatever to freshen up. at the show whatever, but if i am going around before/after, i prefer looking a bit more myself. :P but yes, my bag always hangs on my body in front at GA, never in anyone's way....and no, i won't carry your shit for you either...bring your own bag if you want that. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...


    I am myself like you somehow


  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I remember being at the front for a show (not PJ) and behind me was this girl all decked out for a night in the town. HIGH HEELS!!! I kid you not! WTF??!
    All perfect hair and make up, huge bag, everything.

    Just in front of her were two kids, rocking out a nd really getting into it and the kept standing all over her Jimmy Choos so she got her boyfriend to shove them around a bit. They were all of 15 yrs old. Fuckin bitch :(
    If you can't handle it then don't go down there.

    And if it can't fit in your pocket at a show, you probably don't need it. :)

    YOU SEE???!!!! those kinda chicks get on my nerves. sometimes im GLADD they are in the pit :D its like an honest mistake if they get hit! :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    YOU SEE???!!!! those kinda chicks get on my nerves. sometimes im GLADD they are in the pit :D its like an honest mistake if they get hit! :eek:

    but not everyone who carries a bag is like this!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    but not everyone who carries a bag is like this!

    no i meant the chicks that get all hookered up and wear fancy stiletos IN THE PIT!!!! thats CRRAZINESS!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I never really noticed, I guess I was too busy looking at their cleavage.

    hey thats all good ya know? my only problem is the big purse chaffing my arm during a show!!! its like a whole other person is there but instead ITS THE PURSE!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    no i meant the chicks that get all hookered up and wear fancy stiletos IN THE PIT!!!! thats CRRAZINESS!!!!

    there are still pits? I haven't seen one since like 1996...
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    there are still pits? I haven't seen one since like 1996...

    hahahaha yes there is. if its not used for "moshing", the area is still used for rockin out and should be a "no heels and purse" area!!! depends what kinda show ure at. im referring to rock shows. not.....like.......john mayer or anything....... :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • there are still pits? I haven't seen one since like 1996...

    ha!
    I can tell you I usually have to carry a bag of some kind because of all the SHIT my stupid boyfriend has me carry! (even though I love him dearly)
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • i'll stop carrying a purse when "girl" pants stop making teeny tiny pockets
    (and cargo pants are out of the question)
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Roll Model wrote:
    i'll stop carrying a purse when "girl" pants stop making teeny tiny pockets
    (and cargo pants are out of the question)

    ure missing the point. you can carry a purse whenever wherever u want. MY question was WHY is it neccessary to carry a HUGE purse to shows that are GA!!!!! any shows where theres assigned seats, fine, its all good. but GA?????
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • LizardLizard So CalPosts: 11,959
    that's why Sen wears a fanny pack!!!!!!! :D:D:p
    Is it over yet? #ITMFA  #ETTD
  • Hi Sen! I always wear a purse but its so tiny most people don't even notice it. I like to have my ID and my money, cell and camera and all that good stuff tucked away. :)
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Hi Sen! I always wear a purse but its so tiny most people don't even notice it. I like to have my ID and my money, cell and camera and all that good stuff tucked away. :)

    hey rose! i remember your style of purse and yes, its tiny!!!! THAT is acceptable!!! :D



    im ignoring u lizard!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    hey rose! i remember your style of purse and yes, its tiny!!!! THAT is acceptable!!! :D



    im ignoring u lizard!!!

    he he he... that's funny that you remember my purse. :) i wear them out quickly though. i have a really big one that i take on the bus to work with me, but id never wear it to a show. i dont know how i could move in that thing.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i do NOT understand the need for these huge purses at shows. Last night there were sooooo many skanky chicks with HUGE purses and they freakin held up the line!!! i HATE IT!!!! whats annoying is when ure there trying to rock out and a huge PURSE keeps getting in the way!!!!! :mad:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,141
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i do NOT understand the need for these huge purses at shows. Last night there were sooooo many skanky chicks with HUGE purses and they freakin held up the line!!! i HATE IT!!!! whats annoying is when ure there trying to rock out and a huge PURSE keeps getting in the way!!!!! :mad:


    OLD THREAD ALERT!!!!!! :D

    i didn't notice too many purses at club nokia the other night and the one's i did see weren't too big :)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    SENROCK! wrote:
    is it REALLY neccessary??!! i mean, what could you POSSIBLY need to carry a purse for to a G.A show! If u wear it like a messenger bag, cool. But if its hangin off your shoulder.....WHY!!!! This has bothered me for a while. I HATE rockin out at shows only to have a freakin chick nexxxt to me with a big damn purse CHAFFING MY ARM!!! And worse, wouldnt u worry about it getting pulled off your arm at a show? im interested in hearing your opinions. and this is TOTALLY random but...i can hear the fireworks going off at DISNEYLAND right now!!! :D

    agree.

    if it doesnt fit in my pocket then it stays at home.

    drivers license just in case my body needs identifying. digi camera. money for booze. keys. tictacs. what else could you possibly need at a show? :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • If you think you need something at a show and it doesn't fit in your bra, you don't need it.
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

    "The world fascinates me."

    "Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    agree.

    if it doesnt fit in my pocket then it stays at home.

    drivers license just in case my body needs identifying. digi camera. money for booze. keys. tictacs. what else could you possibly need at a show? :D

    EXXXACTLY!!! i bet they never even use the stuff in their purse at ALL during the show! ugh
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    cutback wrote:
    OLD THREAD ALERT!!!!!! :D

    i didn't notice too many purses at club nokia the other night and the one's i did see weren't too big :)

    sorry pal. i was annoyed last night when the first purse hit my arm and i wanted to come here and vent. then i remembered......i have a thread about this!!!! :D it seems the big purses are only used at GA shows for some reason. :mad:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh id just like to point out that last week i lost my drivers license at a gig. i think it came out of my pocket while i was getting some money for booze. :(

    as we say here in oz... im spewing
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,141
    SENROCK! wrote:
    sorry pal. i was annoyed last night when the first purse hit my arm and i wanted to come here and vent. then i remembered......i have a thread about this!!!! :D it seems the big purses are only used at GA shows for some reason. :mad:

    well to be honest when i'm lookin' at the girlies i'm not really focusing if there is a purse or not ;):D
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Goddamn Louis Vuitton wearing muthafuckas :mad:

    this aint no America's top model ...leave that shit at home!











    unless I gotta sneak in some weed of course or a botle of water. Then my girl's GOT to bring a purse :D if she hits SEN with it tho she's on her own, fuck THAT :eek: I seen enough ROCKY movies to know how that story will end up. Pretty much a mix between Drago and D-BO....knocked the FUCK OUT!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    ************************************
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    stickboy wrote:
    Goddamn Louis Vuitton wearing muthafuckas :mad:

    this aint no America's top model ...leave that shit at home!











    unless I gotta sneak in some weed of course or a botle of water. Then my girl's GOT to bring a purse :D if she hits SEN with it tho she's on her own, fuck THAT :eek: I seen enough ROCKY movies to know how that story will end up. Pretty much a mix between Drago and D-BO....knocked the FUCK OUT!

    WAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA Drago & D-BO!!!! :D AWESOME!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    cutback wrote:
    well to be honest when i'm lookin' at the girlies i'm not really focusing if there is a purse or not ;):D


    i can def understand that! it just seems that the purses make more of a scene during GA shows. Maybe cuz we all are standing close and not in our own seats? i dont know but damn they annoy me! I never pay attention to it either til im getting bumped by freakin big bags that can hold a weeks worth of clothing!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I carry a $10 microfiber purse. I am too cheap to spend hundreds of dollars on a designer purse. I know a girl with a designer purse with a broken strap and there was nothing she could do and it could not be repaired.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    SENROCK! wrote:
    WAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA Drago & D-BO!!!! :D AWESOME!!!!!
    :D:D:D word and after I look over her and tell her she got knocked the FUCK out I'd be like, I TOLD you not to bring that purse in...now look atchoo *in Scarface accent* LOOKATCHOO!!!

    then naturally I'd grab my bottle of water from her purse and my weed and go rock the fuck out with SEN! :)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    ************************************
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    iluvcats wrote:
    I carry a $10 microfiber purse. I am too cheap to spend hundreds of dollars on a designer purse. I know a girl with a designer purse with a broken strap and there was nothing she could do and it could not be repaired.

    hahahahaha awwwww too badd for her!!! :D ure a wise one cats!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

    "Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

    It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hahahahaha awwwww too badd for her!!! :D ure a wise one cats!!!!

    yeah I'm wise ;) if you say so...

    just imagine if I get robbed? I'm only minus my valuables; not valuables plus a $400 purse.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
Sign In or Register to comment.